New Character #31 Sigma

kashu_ryo

he should be a tank, has a nice attack.....is available on the test servers right now     could be available on August 12th. if it follows the current release cycle 

he has 400 hp, a shield with 1500hp (that could be thrown in the air)   his 2 shots will deal ~120 damage (as far as i know) i think it depends on the traveltime

what do you think about Sigma? ?

Edited by kashu_ryo
  • Like 1

Honestly i'm really liking his playstyle so far. Some of his abilities could be meta changing if used right, especially his ult which can be used to run down the overtime clock for the enemy team, haha.

Overall I reckon he's the shield tank that this game's needed for a while now, but I don't see him completely wiping out bunker comp ?.

Also, I think they said he's gonna be released in september, as they're changing the release schedule this time around.

Can't wait to get a peak at his trophies! ?

Edited by afcwill97
  • Like 1

He’s live on the PTR along with the new achievements:

Conservation of Energy
Gain 350 shields with a single use of Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp in quick or competitive play

Event Horizon
Get 3 killing blows during a single use of Sigma’s Gravitic Flux in quick or competitive play

Edited by Ariost
  • Like 4

I've only done a little research on Sigma, so my opinion is likely wrong. But... I'll throw myself under the bus to help ignite a conversation.

Sigma appears to be strong based on location. In linear, payload maps the shield looks awesome. The ability to call upon it frequently without having to be knee deep in the enemy makes me feel like he could be a "long ranged Reinhardt". But the thing with Rein is, you know you can't just dive in cause that shield only covers so much of your body. Sigma's shield actually makes that problem worse. One, it can give a false sense of security. Two, it's far away from your body. Three, shields don't stop bodies.

Say you had an aggressive dive tank that could help split up a team with Sigma on it. What would an Ana zap or Sombra hack look like on Sigma? I bring these two up as they are seen in the professional circuits. In casual play, a stun from McCree or a trap from Junkrat?

Normally when a new hero is released, I'm concerned. "Oh, this guy is going to kill the game for the next 6 weeks." And I just don't have that paranoia. Maybe I'm a silly fool. Or maybe I'm on the groundbreaking Anti-Sigma Strategy and Elimination Squad (A.S.S.E.S.).

Probably the first one.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2019 at 8:13 PM, sepheroithisgod said:

Anyword on the difficulty of the trophies?

I just got Conservation of Energy, it wasn't too difficult. I just stood still in front of the other team by a corner and took as much damage as I could, then when the ability ended I hid back around the corner.

Event Horizon, was a little tricky for me. I think its a bit luck based to have people first group up and second not all pop shields/abilities. What I did was have another player play zarya and ult to group them close together before I popped Sigma's ultimate.

Edited by Ariost
  • Like 1

I got Conservation of Energy last evening. I was trying weapons and ultimates that can or can’t be absorbed. I said “I don’t think that I can absorb Pharah’s ultimate for example.” A few match later, a Pharah throws her ult at me and I use my ability to absorb it all and I got a ton of shields, rewarding the trophy! xD

I have to get Event Horizon yet and I’ll be back to 100%.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, Ariost said:

I just got Conservation of Energy, it wasn't too difficult. I just stood still in front of the other team by a corner and took as much damage as I could, then when the ability ended I hid back around the corner.

Event Horizon, was a little tricky for me. I think its a bit luck based to have people first group up and second not all pop shields/abilities. What I did was have another player play zarya and ult to group them close together before I popped Sigma's ultimate.

Yeah, Event Horizon is pretty tricky. I think it's lame to need the killing blow on a tank. I got a quad kill with it, but only actually got 1 killing blow last night.

• Like 1

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but for the Event Horizon achievement, a killing blow using Sigma's basic hypersphere attack immediately after smashing an enemy to the ground can count as one of the three eliminations required. I assume that this is because the description says "during" the ult instead of "with" it, like for some other killing blow trophies. So if you're quick enough it might still pop the trophy requirements.

PUlNM2K.jpg

• Like 1

I got Conservation of Energy relatively easy, got it within a couple of games, walked around a corner into an Ulting Roadhog & popped it no problem.

Event Horizon on the other hand is proving to be a nightmare. No-one groups up anymore (comp or qp, it's not making a difference) & if they do they either get killed by other players or have enough health to survive the ult. I thought I had it in one instance yesterday but right before a group of 3 hit the floor, a team mate took one of the kills reducing it to a double. 

On 8/20/2019 at 3:40 PM, PsychoticLight said:

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, but for the Event Horizon achievement, a killing blow using Sigma's basic hypersphere attack immediately after smashing an enemy to the ground can count as one of the three eliminations required. I assume that this is because the description says "during" the ult instead of "with" it, like for some other killing blow trophies. So if you're quick enough it might still pop the trophy requirements.

PUlNM2K.jpg

I can vouch for this! I killed the Ana on the initial lift, killed Mercy on the slam, and killed Hanzo with primary fire immediately after the slam. Thanks for the tip!!

Edit: Weird it won’t let me upload the trophy screenshot ? 

Edited by JIVe_____
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

53 hours & counting on Sigma & I still don't have the stupid bloody Event Horizon trophy. I've had so many instances where someone has taken a kill from a guaranteed triple that it's driving me absolutely nuts.

Horrendously designed trophy even though Sigma himself is fun to play as.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

19 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

53 hours & counting on Sigma & I still don't have the stupid bloody Event Horizon trophy. I've had so many instances where someone has taken a kill from a guaranteed triple that it's driving me absolutely nuts.

Horrendously designed trophy even though Sigma himself is fun to play as.

Have you tried it with a buddy? Having a friend who can play a good Zarya or Reinhardt can make alot of these "Get X amount of kills with this ultimate" trophies 100 times easier, believe me, i've helped alot of people out with these back in the day. ?

Edited by afcwill97

16 hours ago, afcwill97 said:

Have you tried it with a buddy? Having a friend who can play a good Zarya or Reinhardt can make alot of these "Get X amount of kills with this ultimate" trophies 100 times easier, believe me, i've helped alot of people out with these back in the day. 1f602.png

I have, my sister is actually a fantastic Zarya player & has spent a lot of time helping me so I have no issue getting players into groups to grab them with the ult.

The main problem is other players killing them before they hit the ground or players who have an escape move or ult saving themselves.

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

• 5 months later...
54 minutes ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Event Horizon is impossible to obtain. Getting a single killing blow on itself is hard....

No, it's not. I just started playing Sigma and I almost have had it quite a few times. You can kill people with Sigma's hyperspheres and kill 2 others with his ultimate. A friend got it a few days ago, and confirmed it. 1 ball kill + 2 gravitic flux drop kills.  As long as 3 killing blows occur during your ultimate. The trophy is clearly a harder trophy, but not close to impossible.  Solid Sigma play will earn this trophy relatively easy. Situational, yet easy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:31 AM, Tropikal said:

No, it's not. I just started playing Sigma and I almost have had it quite a few times. You can kill people with Sigma's hyperspheres and kill 2 others with his ultimate. A friend got it a few days ago, and confirmed it. 1 ball kill + 2 gravitic flux drop kills.  As long as 3 killing blows occur during your ultimate. The trophy is clearly a harder trophy, but not close to impossible.  Solid Sigma play will earn this trophy relatively easy. Situational, yet easy. 

I had 4 kills with one use the other day at least that is what it said under the stats and trophy did not pop.  I know it's not impossible but the requirements are very touchy on what counts and what doesn't.   I've also had it say 3 kills twice when I've looked at the gravity flux kill tracker and no trophy.  I realize somebody else must have gotten the final blows instead of me but damn it's a pain.  

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1