Do I need to buy something to get dlc trophies?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

Just like Minecraft, all the trophy DLCs were patched in for free but due to a glitch (which still hasn't been fixed), you will need to buy the Aberration DLC in order to hit Lv150 and pop the associated trophy.

It will never be fixed, as the devs clearly see that trophy hunters will buy the dlc just for the trophy.

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, you need the Aberration and Genesis DLCs, because the devs are incompetent and covertly locked certain trophies behind a paywall.

Geesh hate that, I have no problem buying the game and a single dlc as cheap as they are but not paying for $40 for a new season pass..

Thanks for the quick reply

29 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, you need the Aberration and Genesis DLCs, because the devs are incompetent and covertly locked certain trophies behind a paywall.

It looks like according to the guide you don't need the DLCs, which trophies require the DLC if you wouldn't mind elaborating.  Just want to make sure I get all I need while its on sale but don't want to buy things unless absolutely necessary...

10 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

It looks like according to the guide you don't need the DLCs, which trophies require the DLC if you wouldn't mind elaborating.  Just want to make sure I get all I need while its on sale but don't want to buy things unless absolutely necessary...

I forget the name of the trophy you need the Aberration DLC for but it's related to getting to Rank 150, which you can only do with the DLC installed. Genesis is needed for Perfect Explorer, because they added some notes which are exclusive to that DLC so the trophy won't pop without them.

37 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You definitely don't need the Aberration DLC, as there are a few workarounds to getting the max survivor trophy - all of which currently still seem to work.  

As for Genesis, you are correct on this one - Perfect Explorer is now locked behind the Genesis season pass (which is $35.99)  It's because they added some more explorer notes that can only be read with the HLN-A cosmetic pet which only comes with the season pass (pre-order).  For a while you could use admin codes to get the HLN-A pet but they patched it out.  Maybe, possibly when Genesis releases next week they will make it so you can admin cheat the HLN-A back in again but that's not 100% guaranteed

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

You definitely don't need the Aberration DLC, as there are a few workarounds to getting the max survivor trophy - all of which currently still seem to work.  

As for Genesis, you are correct on this one - Perfect Explorer is now locked behind the Genesis season pass (which is $35.99)  It's because they added some more explorer notes that can only be read with the HLN-A cosmetic pet which only comes with the season pass (pre-order).  For a while you could use admin codes to get the HLN-A pet but they patched it out.  Maybe, possibly when Genesis releases next week they will make it so you can admin cheat the HLN-A back in again but that's not 100% guaranteed

What are the workarounds for the Max Survivor trophy?

14 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

What are the workarounds for the Max Survivor trophy?

Well...it's already on the guide but:

Load up the Island map, and make sure it saves at least once

Type in the admin command: Cheat playercommand AbAscend 3

Skip credits, reload Island map and respawn

Use admin command: cheat addexperience 10000000000000 1 0

Go into the player menu and assign your levels and the trophy will pop

It will only take you up to level 120 instead of 135 but the trophy will still unlock

That works for the digital edition, obviously if you have physical you can just play pre-patch.  I definitely know it works as it's something we've used on the Ark cluster I help admin on.

Edited by Mesopithecus
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

So we can either pay for the Genesis season pass now or wait until next week to see if when Genesis releases they add back the admin code for HLN-A?

51 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Out of curiosity I seen someone mentioned on another thread about playing this game without updates, can this game be played in offline mode? If so I'm wondering if it's possible to obtain all trophies with just the game if one did a downgrade method if a version still exists on Sony's download server before the removed access to the Pet by admin codes?

8 minutes ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Out of curiosity I seen someone mentioned on another thread about playing this game without updates, can this game be played in offline mode? If so I'm wondering if it's possible to obtain all trophies with just the game if one did a downgrade method if a version still exists on Sony's download server before the removed access to the Pet by admin codes?

Yea, you can play it all in single player so I imagine the downgrade method would work.  The only thing I'd probably take into consideration is that if you're playing the game 100% unpatched then some of the trophies might not work as they were bugged on release, also some of the requirements were changed later on too.  Any patches from after September 2017 should be sufficient though as that was when they fixed the bugged Survivor of the Center trophy

17 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Yea, you can play it all in single player so I imagine the downgrade method would work.  The only thing I'd probably take into consideration is that if you're playing the game 100% unpatched then some of the trophies might not work as they were bugged on release, also some of the requirements were changed later on too.  Any patches from after September 2017 should be sufficient though as that was when they fixed the bugged Survivor of the Center trophy

Yeah I'm thinking of trying to find a release version just before Genesis came out (and the added notes) or one when it was released but the admin code still accessible for pet.

1 hour ago, Mesopithecus said:

Well...it's already on the guide but:

Load up the Island map, and make sure it saves at least once

Type in the admin command: Cheat playercommand AbAscend 3

Skip credits, reload Island map and respawn

Use admin command: cheat addexperience 10000000000000 1 0

Go into the player menu and assign your levels and the trophy will pop

It will only take you up to level 120 instead of 135 but the trophy will still unlock

That works for the digital edition, obviously if you have physical you can just play pre-patch.  I definitely know it works as it's something we've used on the Ark cluster I help admin on.

Thank you for the info :).

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 28.6.2020 at 0:56 AM, MohandGamer7 said:

Any idea if i still need the dlc for 100% completion since its been 5 months? 

its not necessary. you can get the HLNA

explorer notes by using admin commands.

GiveExplorerNote 688 | GiveExplorerNote 689 | GiveExplorerNote 690

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2020 at 7:04 PM, sonic_1515 said:

its not necessary. you can get the HLNA

explorer notes by using admin commands.

GiveExplorerNote 688 | GiveExplorerNote 689 | GiveExplorerNote 690

Do you know if there is a prompt on screen as to if these worked.  I’ve tried and nothing happens and I can’t seem to find them in the explorer notes tab either. 

13 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

Do you know if there is a prompt on screen as to if these worked.  I’ve tried and nothing happens and I can’t seem to find them in the explorer notes tab either. 

Let me know if you managed to get the trophies without buying the DLC.

i didn’t start the game yet 

13 hours ago, stupid0089 said:

Do you know if there is a prompt on screen as to if these worked.  I’ve tried and nothing happens and I can’t seem to find them in the explorer notes tab 

I couldnt see them in the tab but they appeared for me.

29 minutes ago, MohandGamer7 said:

Its possible. I dont have the DLC but 100%.

I did this to get all notes

First I used GiveExplorerNotes 688 - 690 to get the HLNA notes. After each command I closed the panel because only the first note is shown.

Then I started from 1 until the troohy poped . After 20 commands I closed the panel again. It seems like you won't get the following if you put them all in a row. 

Be sure to make some cloud saves in the process. The game still froze sometimes.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2020 at 11:22 AM, MohandGamer7 said:

SetPlayerPos -317920 274647 -39249

I started a new game and traveled to the above position so I was near a note box (seemed to be the only way I could get the HLNA ones to spawn) but don’t collect the box.  Just enter command; 

GiveExplorerNote #
i did 688-690 first (HLNA notes)

and then started at 1 and kept going until I got the trophy. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2020 at 10:22 AM, stupid0089 said:

SetPlayerPos -317920 274647 -39249

I started a new game and traveled to the above position so I was near a note box (seemed to be the only way I could get the HLNA ones to spawn) but don’t collect the box.  Just enter command; 

GiveExplorerNote #
i did 688-690 first (HLNA notes)

and then started at 1 and kept going until I got the trophy. 

This works as of typing this message. Thanks, mate. 

I had an issue but was able to resolve it. I got the all including the 90% trophies and kept going...I was up to 440 and did a handful of the 700s before seeing that I was missing just the Dilophosaurus. So, a quick teleport right to it and bango, 100% got.