Qu1ck57r1k3's Quality(?) Plats

Rick_Sanchez

L54f498.png

1L8c5454.png

Platinum #230

Fun: 8/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice delves into what it's like to suffer from psychosis, a mental disorder that leads to sufferers to become disconnected from reality. The game does a number of mind screws that messes with how the world looks around you. It could show no path looking at it at first, but walk through a few trees that has a skull hanging from between them and suddenly the blocked path is not blocked. You also have to puzzle solve often to reveal symbols throughout the area to progress. At almost every moment of the game Senua will hear voices in her head whispering and telling her a number of things, mostly negative, rarely positive, and a few times hints. The combat is simple, just time your blocks, dodge, and follow up with attacks. Sometimes you have to activate focus mode to become stronger to handle stronger enemies and smoke enemies. I do recommend going for completion of this game, almost all trophies are story related and there is 44 collectibles which is easy to find with a video guide.

Hellblade was a fantastic game! I only wish it were longer - but what was there was absolutely breathtaking.

I also really appreciate how much effort the developers put into actually representing schizophrenia - not just saying 'she's crazy!' and using it as a two-bit plot device like much media does. I have a a very close friend with schizophrenia so it's particularly meaningful to me.

That's a damn nice collection of platinums you've got there overall. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

L975ee4.png

1L059d6c.png

Platinum #231

Fun: 7/10

Difficulty: 5.5/10

I can't begin to talk about Advanced Warfare without addressing the elephant in the room that is Kevin Spacey. Yes, you do get to let him die in the end. With that out of the way, advanced warfare is the 1st in the boots off the ground gameplay that begun a trend that went on into Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare but ended in CoD WW II after people were tired of boots off the ground gameplay. The base game is not too bad to do with the most annoying trophies being related to Exo Survival which can be made easier with a friend and some cheese on flipping the map twice. The campaign is alright, not amazing but it allows you to have Kevin Spacey's character die. I do say that I like that when they identify that they have the guy they're after in their hands they put a bullet in his head to prevent him from escaping unlike previous CoD games (Ghost and Black ops 2) which allowed the main bad guy to escape when they had him in their hands. The game is basically your standard CoD plat run, miscellaneous trophies on most levels, beat the game on veteran which is not that hard, and a few trophies in exo survival mode. Zombies return as exclusively DLC, there has been a lot of changes to zombies to the point that it feels like a different experience. But those trophies aren't required for the plat so they will not be included in the main difficulty rating.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ldea676.png

1Lc23076.png

Platinum # 232

Fun: 7.5/10

Liked Driveclub? Loved completing all the DLC it had to offer? Lets do more of the same except on bikes! I do say, the difficulty had a noticeable bump, probably because bikes handle differently from cars and I kept driving the bike like I was driving a car and it didn't work so learning how to drive the bike is important to master the game. You'll get most of the trophies naturally through completing the challenges, most of them are easy, some are difficult to do all at once but most challenges can be completed one by one unless they're 2 challenges linked to the same star.  The most challenging trophy without boosting will be the complete a race with 6 people and come in 3rd or better and save that replay. The online is dead so boost asap so you can get the online trophies done before the server shut down.

• 2 months later...

L57216c.png

1L7b8776.png

Platinum # 233

Fun: 9/10

Difficulty: 8/10 (5/10 with co-op partner)

From the developers of everyone's favorite game about dying a whole lot we have Bloodborne. The best way to describe it is take the Souls games, Gothic horror scenery, the work of HP Lovecraft, and a whole lot of where the hell do I go now and throw it all into a blender and you get Bloodborne. The combat is tighter with an array of different weapons that each has a 2nd form with its own set of attacks to guns to stagger enemies between their attacks. There's weapons that range from short but fast attackers that can switch into a longer reaching weapon with a slower attack speed or even a decently ranged sword with a 2nd form of a big mallet to hammer your enemies with. The bosses will take some trial and error but if you keep failing you can use a summoning bell you get to call for other players to help out. Later on the enemies become more and more horrific and unpredictable as if they've gone mad from gazing on the horrific creatures inhabiting the world. There are a ton of different ways to have your character grow from being a strength build which is great all around to an arcane build which is difficult to do anything with early but becomes a powerhouse later in the game. With a lot of practice and patience you can master the game and beat anything that you come across. As long as you don't get suddenly surprised from multiple angles and before you can do anything you're killed by something off screen.

Huge Shoutout to my buddy @SnowxSakura for helping me throughout the game.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 4

L0026ce.png

1Lc074a5.png

Platinum # 234

Fun: 6/10

Difficulty: 8/10 with additional Luck / not likely in your favor

Holy cow now what a game to play. It's an objective based FPS where you commit heist from robbing a bank to pulling off a back stab of a drug trade for a huge money vault that you actually lift the room it's in out of the building and even a prisoner rescue. What makes this game difficult is the randomness of most of the levels which all need to be completed on the hardest difficulty without anyone being traded back from custody. Sometimes a level gives you the objectives and you just follow them, other times a monkey wrench is thrown in and you have to do other objectives or some things that you can complete are not there when it's there other times. I highly advise getting a good team and learning how to pull off the bag glitch where you place a bag a particular way where it's hanging off the side of something and you crouch or stand in it if possible and you can't be killed by anything unless a cloacker can get up close and super kick you. There's 4 special enemies to watch out for. A shield guy that has a huge shield to block your gun fire for others, taser which shocks you and makes you lose ammo but you can fire on him with very poor accuracy to try to break his hold on you, cloacker which sneaks around and can down an entire team instantly if no one is paying attention, and the big guy called a bulldozer who wields a powerful shotgun and wears super thick armor and is basically a bullet sponge. The trophies all have a similar requirement that you have to be in the heist at the very start of the lobby starting so while you can drop in mid game you won't get trophies. There's a few trophies that is easier with 4 people but possible with 3 with one trophy requiring 4 people. Huge shout out to my buddy Gejr7 and Nikolam for being the best heist co-op partners around and a smaller shout out to Niko's friend, Maggot, for joining us for our 4th for the 4 player trophy.

• Like 1

L4db05e.png

1Lcf92ca.png

Platinum # 235

Difficulty: 5/10

This racing game is similar to wipeout in vehicles and how the tracks are set up with twist and turns and that's where the similarities end. There are no weapon pick ups instead you select different things from the menu before starting the race that you have to buy and upgrade. They range from energy draining leech beam to a wide EMP bomb to disrupt other racers and even a mega turbo which exhausts your energy from max. There's also buffs you can equip that range from letting you break the top speed of your vehicle, obtain energy faster, or even take turns easier. It's nowhere near the difficulty of Wipeout and there are a ton of races and you don't even have to complete all races, just get 45 gold medals, a platinum medal, and finish the final race. There's one online trophy for winning a race so that's no issue there.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Leb6b0f.png

1L451f44.png

Platinum # 236

Difficulty: 6/10

Shadow of the colossus returns on PS4 with next to no changes. You still fight all 16 colossus, you still do the time trials which are more manageable than the PS3 version. I do say I like that you don't have to eat 100% of all fruit or lizard tails which is pretty time consuming to do. You just have to eat one fruit and one lizard tail and that's it. There are very few new additions to this game, the new additions come in the form of a barrel from The Last Guardian and 79 coins scattered across the land which thankfully is NOT required to do. The 79 coins just unlocks a new sword which acts as a worse version of the best sword. If you found the PS3 version hard as hell due to the time trials being borderline impossible than this is an easier version in my opinion.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Lf1017c.png

1Lf06d9a.png

Platinum # 237

Difficulty 7.5/10

Catherine returns to the PS4 with a new love interest for Vincent, Rin, who is someone who has amnesia and thanks to Vincent has a job at the bar he hangs out at and an apartment close by to his place as well. Going any further about Rin would be spoiler territory so I'll stop here. Catherine is one part story game, one part puzzle game where you have to guide Vincent to the top of a tower of blocks within his nightmares from night to night. During the time when he's awake, you can chat with his friends in the bar and other patrons to help them with their issues. As you converse with others and answer questions, a moral meter will be pulled to the order or chaos side depending on your answers. This same meter shows up at the end of most night mare levels and will determine which ending Vincent will get. Victims Players of the 1st game will remember how brutally difficult Catherine was on the PS3/360, the difficulty is still here along with a remix mode where the blocks form huge shapes such as a giant T, a 2x2 block, and more which adds a new layer of challenge to an already difficult game. There quite an amount of new content to explore including new endings for both of the original women along with Rin's endings, and a whole new stage related to Rin's endings. While this game is slightly more forgiving than its PS3 counterpart, it's still difficult as hell.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/31/2020 at 5:09 PM, VigilantCrow said:

Congrats and well deserved! 

L332a6a.png

1L2e830e.png

Platinum # 239

Difficulty: I hate Cannoneer and Blade Bearer boss fight / 10

Played Dark Souls, Demon Souls, and Bloodborne? Thought they were difficult as all hell? Ever thought, "hey, I like this type of gameplay, can we have this but in Anime without being brutally difficult 24/7?" That's Code Vein in a nutshell. You create your Revenant character and wake up to a post apocalyptic world where Revenants hunt for blood beads to sustain their life. If they fail to do so, they become a mindless loss which just hunts for blood without a conscious. There are strong Lost that are essentially boss fights for the game and are mostly no joke to fight. Studying their attacks and know when to dodge and attack is essential to beating them. If you have a ton of issues, you can send a distress signal to call in a co-op partner to help out which you will need to do so for the platinum. When you beat a boss in co-op, you get a hunter's mark which will increase your hunter's rank all the way to 30 which you need 400 marks. Having a co-op partner and helping each other in the game will go a long way to knocking away at the 400 marks. You will need to beat the game 3 times but follow the guide so you don't have to do a 4th playthrough since the true ending has 2 variants that allows you to obtain one, then do a few more things to obtain the other after loading your character back.

The bosses range from, difficult but fair to HOLY F*** CHILL OUT!!!! The spike in difficulty is unbalanced here and there. The 2nd boss had me and my buddy walled for quite some time, then the following bosses were nothing too difficult, then we had a boss that kicked our butt for a while, then nothing too bad, followed by.....Cannoneer and Blade Bearer. A duo boss that has one spamming fire a ton around the arena where you're standing and the other slashing you up with ice sword attacks. Even in co-op, their aggro jump from person to person, so one of you can be attacking the Cannoneer, then suddenly it starts wondering away and attack your co-op partner while you're suddenly getting iced by Blade Bearer out of nowhere. These pair of bosses stopped us for hours and hours. They are the most unbalanced bosses in this game and are just a terrible boss duo to fight.

Shout out to @SnowxSakura for being a great co-op partner.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Lfb57ba.png

1L2ea483.png

Platinum # 240

Fun: 8/10 initially then 3/10 grinding

Difficulty: 7/10

Super Earth is under assault from 3 alien factions: The Cyborgs, an army of half human half machines that enjoy air dropping tanks on you, the bugs, I mean they're giant bugs, self explanatory there, and the Illuminate, an army of technologically advanced aliens that has shields, summon barriers to halt your progress, and reverse your controls. The community's mission is to halt their advance across multiple planets in near by star systems and bring the fight to their home worlds to conquer and end the war. Helldivers is a grind to say the least. It's a top down twin stick shooter that you and up to four others can work together on various missions on different planets to win the war. To get the 100% you have to obtain enough research points to upgrade all the Stratagems and weapons which can take a long time as it takes 10 research samples to equal one research point and this will take a long LONG time. Not to mention the 100,000 kill trophy, yes that's right, 100,000 enemies has to die by your hand for a gold trophy. The trophies range from easy like playing against the three races and on different planets, to not so easy such as completing a level 7 mission without causing an alert throughout the mission or completing a difficulty 7 mission against the cyborgs without getting harmed. It starts out pretty fun but once you hit the point where there's nothing to do and all you need are kills and research samples the game gets boring. 

Shout out to @SnowxSakura for being a great co-op partner in this hell

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Ld95f37.png

1L25abce.png

Platinum # 241

Fun: 7.5/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Zombie army trilogy is a mod based off of Sniper Elite 2. Playing with up to 3 other players, you're tasked with stopping Hitler's Zombie Army, you have to blast through hordes and hordes of zombies through 3 chapters. You will come across larger zombies that can either set other zombies on fire to run faster at you, use their own machine gun, summon other zombies, a few chainsaw wielding zombies, or even sniper zombies. The game isn't too difficult for the 1st two chapters but the levels in chapter 3 really start throwing heavily armored zombies at you that takes multiple shots to take the armor off. There's a horde mode that is frankly annoying to play through to wave 10 on each level. There's gold bars and bottles of blood to find on each level which you will need a guide for some of them. Most of the trophies are story related or kill related with a few do specific things like shooting a grenade in a suicide zombie's hand. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lad93dd.png

1L394daf.png

Platinum # 242

Difficulty: 5/10

The Phantom Thieves return in an updated re-release of Persona 5 that has more content and features that wasn't present in the first release. This includes a new character, new activities and new personas to fuse. The game is still as fun as it was when it first released and the stylish action remains. This will be a short summary because the game isn't too tough to platinum. Most of the trophies are story related or involves activities you'll just do anyway while exploring all options available to you. The most difficult one would probably killing the reaper which if you tackle him late game or use safety difficulty against him he's a push over. I'd recommend looking up the requirements for the true ending so you won't be locked out of it after beating the first game's final boss. If you didn't play Persona 5 before I do recommend picking up Persona 5 Royal, however if you have played it before I don't feel the new content is worth the current price.

• Like 2

Considering your love for Persona 5, and your willingness to sink to the depths of hell for Terminator Salvation (like me), I'm kind of amazed you haven't gotten the Persona Dancing games. They use music from the games, or remixes. The platinums are fairly short as well. I had a lot of fun with those, and I didn't even like the music!

By the way, That's one hell of a collection you have. I can only hope to reach those heights.

Berendsapje.png 

14 minutes ago, Berendsapje said:

Considering your love for Persona 5, and your willingness to sink to the depths of hell for Terminator Salvation (like me), I'm kind of amazed you haven't gotten the Persona Dancing games. They use music from the games, or remixes. The platinums are fairly short as well. I had a lot of fun with those, and I didn't even like the music!

By the way, That's one hell of a collection you have. I can only hope to reach those heights.

Berendsapje.png 

He has them, just hasn't played them in quite a long time

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

L16e95f.png

1Le468e9.png

Platinum #243

Difficulty: 4/10

Zone of the Enders the 2nd Runner on PS4 is an updated rerelease and it looks pretty damn good and runs smooth as well. The trophies are not difficult to obtain and is easy on a NG+ with the Naked Jehuty variant that basically makes you a god with unlimited energy to use subweapons to make two specific trophies easier where you have to earn a high enough rank. You also have to find all the ex missions scattered throughout the game which can easily be found using a guide. Most difficult trophy would be the Zoradius mini game but with some skill it can be conquered. 

Lce4fdc.png

1Lb9eb6d.png

Platinum# 244

Fun: it's a children's card game/10

Welcome to a children's card game with so many complex rules and such that even the characters in the anime don't know what they're doing half the time. Gone are the simple days of summoning one monster at a time and you can flood the field with monsters making old school players ask "did you just summon a bunch of monsters in one turn?" and you respond "Yeah so?" then they go "that's against the rules isn't it?" and you either respond "SCREW THE RULES I HAVE MONEY" or say "check a rule book, things been updated. Lots of monsters have effects to summon other monsters that summon other monsters that can combine into other monsters to summon other monsters." The trophies are mostly easy but the primary ones are time consuming. You get a trophy for most special summoning from the extra deck (fusion, synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, and Link) and the time consuming ones are completing the campaign from the OG Yu-Gi-Oh series all the way to Yu-Gi-Oh Vrains which consists of the major duels in each series where you can use the deck the character used in the anime but you can build your own deck if you want. You have to do each story duel twice, once as it was and again playing as the opponent. Some are balanced like the earlier series but then....we get to the unbalanced BS that is Arc-V and Vrains. Some duels are fine, then we get others that goes against such BS like Altergeist that can bounce your cards as you summon them back to your hand leaving you wide open. Lots of frustration was had. There are two online trophies but with a cheese deck you can probably make your opponent surrender like using a Time Lord deck that can cause chaos easily. The hardest trophy has to be the challenge trophy where you fight everyone in each series with a different deck using your own deck. I recommend using either a Time Lord deck for Arc-V/Vrains or vs anyone that can swarm monsters on the field and Altergeist for anyone that can't get a ton of monsters on the field at once. Oh and one last trophy you do have to earn which is to summon this guy:

Exodia | Wiki | Duel Amino

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

L00f885.png

1L14af5c.png

Platinum # 245

Difficulty: 4.5/10

(8/10 if your co-op partner decides to do Lockdowns on purpose [I was that co-op partner])

You're sentenced to prison over and over again. And again and again, you escape using the tools you purchase, procure, or steal. Each prison has their own feel and escape method from a basic prison grounded in what could look like a legit real life prison, to prisons on a boat, a train, and even a prison in space! You can tackle each prison solo or in online co-op and work together to escape with unique multi-player only escapes. The trophies aren't too terrible to obtain. some will take time over multiple prisons such as beating up 100 inmates, beat up a handful of guards, stay in solitary confinement for several days, and craft 50 unique items. You can't just craft anything you want and walk around without issues. Certain items are contraband and will alert guards if you wonder under a contraband detector. Also you have to get your intelligence up to a certain amount to be smart enough to craft some of the more complex items such as a laser sword. There is a competitive multiplayer trophy but it's easy to boost. Shoutout to @SnowxSakura for being the best co-op partner and I apologize for all those countless Lockdowns....lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lfe32a4.png

1Lff79c4.png

Platinum # 246

Difficulty: 8/10

The conclusion to the Blazblue story comes to a satisfying yet sad ending. No spoilers here but it was rather fun going through the story seeing how our heroes bring an end to everything. The trophies are 99% easy with....one trophy being a troublesome pain that prompted me to bump the difficulty to an 8/10. If it wasn't for that one trophy the difficulty would be at most a 5 maybe a 6. Most trophies are easy, there's a handful of online that can be boosted easily, a few trophies for doing a number of things so many times which can either be boosted or let them come naturally, a combo challenge trophy which if you purchase Es off the store it is easier, Abyss and score attack return but aren't the issues here. The biggest headache is the new mode called Speedstar where you have to beat characters with a single time limit. Yes you can do actions to increase your time but you can easily lose time. The third course is the main issue where you have to beat the entire cast in a boss state with a 90 second timer. Each time they hit you, that's time they remove, if you hit them with a long combo or do so much damage you get time back. The only reason I was able to conquer that mode was due to the DLC character Mai who can help you keep most enemies cornered but one wrong move and you might as well start over.

• Like 1

La05413.png

1Ldb15a1.png

Platinum # 247

Fun: 7/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Megadimension Neptunia VII gets an updated release on PS4 with new VR sections that don't even require VR. Those interactions are cute! The gameplay has gotten a few tweaks from the first release and it looks to run a lot smoother as well. You don't have to worry about any true ending stuff like with the first game as you're locked on the true ending anyway. There are new things such as bounties, high risk bounties, and rankings on most dungeons that you have to beat but I saved those till last after I beat the game and it wasn't too difficult. My biggest complaint was the crafting system where you had to use your scouts to gather materials which they can take upwards of almost 6 minutes to gather materials. That can be dealt with but with a lot of button presses and using an item to reduce their time. The worst trophies are equipping one person with ultra rare equipment (DLC doesn't count) and a goddess with ultra rare processor parts. You can either find the equipment from high risk bounties/rank boss monsters or make them with a low chance of the item you make becoming ultra rare.

• Like 1