Qu1ck57r1k3's Quality(?) Plats

Rick_Sanchez

Le4464f.png

1L2adaa8.png

Platinum 274

Fun: 8/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Demon's Souls is remastered for the PS5 and it comes with a number of quality of life changes ranging from being able to send items you can't carry you find straight to storage to being able to use multiple warrior's souls at once instead of using them one by one. The difficulty is still present and the game will find ways to murder you be it from hidden enemies from above, a rolling bolder from the top of the stairs, a dragon flying by without warning and breathes fire on you, or even other players invading your world to hunt you down. The one change that I think should've been implemented was an option to toggle invasions on or off if you just want to play with a friend without dealing with other players. Thankfully you don't have to obtain every armor or maximum strengthened via different stone type weapon in the game but you do have to collect every ring which if you're following a guide step by step you'll get them all in one playthrough. There are a few boss exclusive trophies to keep an eye out for such as killing one boss that summons clones without hitting the clones. Shoutout to @SnowxSakura for being the best bro op partner!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Lf6df71.png

1L865212.png

Platinum 275

Fun: 9/10

Difficulty: Without the RNG in minigames it's a 6/10, with having to do all the minigames it's RNG/good luck

Yakuza 0 is the prequel to the Yakuza franchise that has you playing as Kiryu, a Yakuza member, framed for a murder he didn't commit which leads him to unravel a mystery behind the location his "victim" was found dead in and why it's so important to not only the Yakuza but a real-estate company as well. The game jumps between Kiryu and Majima a manager (a forever 15/10 manager of the year every year) of the most famous club in Sotenbori looking to basically buy his way back into the Yakuza but is given another task to kill someone which leads to another mystery on why the Yakuza wants that person dead. Kiryu is more of a strong brawler that can take a hit and keep on going in his 3 fighting styles while Majima is more interesting with a range of moves that has him dodging attacks for a more advantageous position, breakdancing, and using a trusty bat. The game is technically not that long but with going for the platinum, you will have to 100% the game which means you have to play all of the mini-games and earn enough money with each of them. Most are simple with some skill and luck, however, a few will stand out to most such as Mahjong. Mahjong is probably going to stop most people from getting the platinum with its confusing rules and luck not being in your favor. I got lucky there but some my most hated mini-games were from the homeless camp that dealt with dice and unique card games. I also had problems with the dancing mini game not registering things correctly causing me to spend a whole day on it. Outside of going for the platinum, it's an amazing game and I do suggest at least playing it!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

L877fc1.png

1L75c68d.png

Platinum 276

fun: 9/10

Difficulty: 7.8/10

Kiryu is just not a lucky man. He again gets framed for a murder he didn't commit but had to serve 10 years in prison this time. After getting out, he's consistently stalked by Majima, a relatively funny guy who is over the top with all of his actions and he is literally everywhere. You could be walking down the street and he pops up behind you from a manhole, or even jumps down from a building for a surprise aerial assault, or just sneak into a picture you're taking in the photo booth. He even disguises himself as a dancer, a police officer, and even set up a whole stunt faking a zombie attack. Just like with Yakuza 0, you have to get 100% completion in the game which means more minigames. However, you do have one-time use items that basically let you cheat for a bit for easy money. Even when not going for the platinum, this is still a great game to playthrough!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

L7f52a5.png

1L8fa8a4.png

Platinum 277

Fun: 9/10 (3/10 for collectible grind)

Difficulty: 7/10 once level 90

Final Fantasy XIV makes its way to PS5 with a whole new trophy list and it's both better and worse than the previous list. It's better as it includes trophies for the expansion which was missing from the original list. And it's worse because of two particular trophies related to collectibles for both the crafting and gathering classes. You'll naturally get a majority of the trophies playing through FF XIV and exploring all it has to offer but the two road bumps will be crafting 5,000 collectibles and gathering 8,000 collectibles. The hardest trophy in the base game is completing the 2nd coil of Bahamut savage raid which after getting to level 90 and running it unsynched to keep you at level 90 with another person or two it will be a cakewalk. 

• Like 4

Laf203d.png

1L485bd9.png

Platinum 278

Fun: 8/10 (3/10 for Mahjong)

Difficulty: 8/10 due to Mahjong RNG

Kiryu returns to the world of the Yakuza once again in his latest adventure to bring peace to his former Yakuza clan. The story is excellent, graphics are beautiful but the gameplay feels floaty most of the time. The trophies mostly unlock through natural progression but a good number of them requires completion of the different sidequests and mini games including winning Mahjong which unless you're naturally good at it, will take quite some time. There are a number of cheat items available to use but they're limited and you need to use them wisely. I would recommend clearing everything else first then buy the laser sword to make the bouncer missions that replace the climax battles easier and your legend playthrough will be a cake walk. Yakuza 2 is an excellent game with a great story and you shouldn't miss out on it. So far the entire series is amazing!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Le11975.png

1La2b8a7.png

Platinum 279

Difficulty: 3/10

Typically in games where there's a monster going through killing people you're the one trying to survive it, here in Carrion, you play as the monstrous mass of gore and teeth killing everyone. After breaking out of your containment unit, your skills are very minimum. At most you're just able to grab people and eat them. Later on, you'll be able to shoot web, grow armor, shoot out tendrils in several directions, and go invisible. Even after obtaining all of your skills, you can't use them all at once due to them being locked to how massive your creature is. The larger creature has more offensive skills, while when you're small, you have more stealthy skills to stay alive. This game is a metroidvania style game where you do have to revisit earlier areas to obtain collectables after gaining newer skills. The game is not too difficult and checkpoints do appear often. You pretty much just have to get all 9 collectables then beat the game and the platinum is yours. 

• Like 4

L6d1c97.png

Lab67d5.png

1L06861b.png

1L8be277.png

Platinum 280/281

Fun: Reading/10

Difficulty: Dark Souls of VNs/10

(unless you use a guide then it's 1/10)

Long Live the Queen has you playing as Elodie, the new queen of the kingdom due to her mother passing away. Now, I've completed this game on steam and got all the achievements there and I have to say, consoles got cheated out on a lot of trophies but that just reduces the amount of playthroughs needed. Each week you choose what subject Elodie studies which ranges from how a noble is suppose to act, how to dance, military strategy, economics, faith, etc. There's a lot of subjects you can put her skills into which plays into what she is capable of during the story. If you have certain skills to a certain range, you can pass checks when the story happens and gain insight to more on what's going on, how to save someone, avoid something, etc. Now my rating of Dark Souls of VNs comes from the fact if you make certain choices with skills not where they should be, you can and will die. Which will lead you to reloading a save (Save often) and studying other skills you lacked at that time. It is completely possible to get to a point where you have made every skill check so far, then something comes up out of left field that wrecks you and you can't skill check it with the time you have left from your recent save which leads you to having to make other choices or start from an earlier save. Yes I did text skip but again I stress I've completed this game before on PC with more playthroughs needed. 

• 4 weeks later...

Lde428e.png

1L0ccc83.png

Platinum 282

Difficulty: 5/10

So, I have went until now without playing a single GTA game. This is the old PS2 version released on PS4 and it does show its age with both graphics and controls. There is a lot to do from searching for collectables, doing Taxi runs, putting out fires, ambulance runs, and even stopping crime. While going through the main game, keep a guide up on what to do and when because some missions can become unavailable locking you out of the 100%. Several of the story missions later on become extremely difficult. Please be aware that cheats don't disable trophies so have fun spawning whatever you need but be aware of using the money cheat too much as it can lock you out of a trophy.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Lef0ead.png

1L979ba3.png

Platinum 283

Difficulty: 4/10

Soul Hackers is a spin off from the shin megami tensei series just as Persona is. Plenty of the mechanics return such as demons being used to customize what your characters stats/skills are, the turn based system giving you extra attacks upon dealing critical/weakness damage, and you can use demon materials to customize your weapons. The story isn't much to write home about but the gameplay is top notch. You have such trophies where you have to fill the demon compendium, upgrade your equipment so many times, spending so much money, and even getting the true ending. You'll need to play through the game twice to ensure you get a 200 for each character's soul level to unlock their 5th floor in the soul matrix which exploration of it gives your characters more abilities in combat and on the field. I was level 99 and looked up a few guides on how to make a few over powered demons that carried me through the hard fight. It's a great game but maybe better as a $40 title.

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

L7ea9f1.pngL71b047.png

1L44b97c.png1L4da7f6.png

Platinum 284 and 285

Vol 1:
Fun: 9.5/10

Difficulty: 3.5/10

Vol 2:

Fun: (X5 is a 7/10, X6 is a 3/10, X7 is GTFO/10, X8 is 6/10)

Megaman X has returned in a release of 8 of its 9 Mega Man X games with X Command Mission being the missing game in the series but understandable as it's a JRPG and not like the rest of the games in the series. It's perfectly split between two volumes with Mega Man X 1 - 4 on Vol 1 and 5 - 8 on Vol 2 and honestly it's a good series to get into as long as you understand that Vol 2 has the low point of the series on it that is X7. X6 is its own dumpster fire but it is narrowly better than X7. Each game in the series has you facing off against 8 Mavericks in their own unique levels ranging from a forest, an icy mountain area, a scrap yard, on planes, and even the desert. As you play through each level, you'll find different upgrades and items to help you out and trust me you'll need them. If you're curious about retro mega man games, check out Vol 1 first, it's a great start to an awesome series. Vol 2 however...has the trash Mega Man X games such as X6 and X7. X6 is brutally difficult and if you're looking to get the platinum, there's a cheat code you can use on it and a few others which I do recommend using for X6 at least due to how unbalanced the game is.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Le0b581.png

1Lfcb9c2.png

Platinum 286

Difficulty: 5/10

Resident Evil 0 has you playing as Rebecca from the 1st Resident Evil game tracking down an escaped convict name Billy and having to team up to survive the nightmare they have found themselves in. Resident Evil 0 has the classic survival horror camera angles that does it no favors. If you hate that then give this game a skip. However if that doesn't bother you then you're in for a great game that has you switching between the two characters to handle different tasks such as moving big objects, mixing herbs to improve your healing items, and swapping important items between the two from time to time in different rooms with conveniently placed item transporters. After a few playthroughs of the game, you'll begin to figure out shortcuts and how to minimize visiting rooms so you don't waste ammo on zombies you could otherwise leave alone and find out there's rooms you don't even have to visit. The trickiest trophy comes form the leech hunter mode where you have to have both characters pick up 50 leaches each to unlock cool upgrades such as infinite ammo for all weapons. There's also a new mode called Wesker mode where Billy is replaced with Wesker and he has a death stare that can kill most enemies in a few hits.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

L93b811.png

1L7e2686.png

Platinum 287

Fun: 8/10 (2/10 on grinding)

Difficulty: 4.5/10

Dynasty Warriors Gundam Reborn bring even more Gundams and pilots for you to play as and you'll be playing each pilot and gundam for a good amount of time. The largest time sink into this game is playing each pilot for several thousand kills, and each gundam so many times and getting thousands of kills with each of them. There's two modes, a story mode that goes through several gundam series and an ultimate mode that goes through different scenarios that has specific pilots available to play. As you play through the game on ultimate mode, you'll unlock most of the casts with some needing you to play specific levels to get specific medals. It's pretty easy once you find a gundam you like and upgrade it to be amazing and you use a pilot that has great skills as well. The hardest part of the game comes on the last two missions that you must play on 8 Star Difficulty which makes everything hit you like a truck and you deal a small amount of damage.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

La888b1.png

L9eef74.png

1Lde657e.png1Lde657e.png

Platinum 288 and 289

Fun: 7/10 (Grinding for levels is a 3/10)

Monark has you play as a guy that has amnesia in a school that has been sealed away by a mysterious force and you're also pulled into another world called the Otherworld where the combat takes place. This game without the option turned on to reduce damage is challenging and buffs/debuffs do help a lot and they do stack 5 times. As you play you gain additional fiends that join you and your other human companion that you currently have with you for the story arc. You do eventually come to a point where you have to play through each character's act 2 arc and after you complete them all, you unlock the final part of the story. The combat mechanics are complicated as you don't have an MP meter but a MAD gauge that if it maxes out you lose control of your character that gone MAD and they attack anyone including you. After you clear the main game and beat the bonus boss, you'll likely be left with a few hours of grinding for levels to max out everyone to 99.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lb16f29.png

Lebe0a0.png

1Lb95646.png1Lcd0ea0.png

Platinum 290 and 291

Fun: varies based on game but it goes something like this:

MMBN: 8/10 but 6/10 for post game

MMBN 2: 9/10 and 8/10 for the bit of post game you have to go through

MMBN 3: 10/10 and 8/10 for bit of post game clean up you have to do

MMBN 4: OH GOD NO, NO!!!!!!!/10

MMBN 5: 9/10 (no post game needed)

MMBN 6: 11/10 but 8/10 for the bit of post game you need to do

Difficulty: 5/10 but can be a 1/10 if you use bustermax to x100 your buster damage

I honestly thought that the Mega Man Battle Network series was long forgotten by Capcom but to my surprise it was revealed to my excitement! I loved playing through the series as a kid and always wanted a modern port of the series that included 5 and 6 since I never got the chance to play them due to losing interest in the series thanks to the 4th game. The game series has you playing as Lan Hikari and with the help of his Net Navi Megaman, you end up saving the day and the world in each game. While playing as Lan, you go to school, hang out with friends and have fun till something bad happens that you need to plug Mega Man into to fight the villain or virus causing the issue. The main gameplay has you playing as Mega Man in a 6x3 grid with Mega Man on one side and the enemy on the other, you can use different attack chips with different damage numbers, effects, etc that's long and complicate and is best to learn in game. I'll give my short thoughts (mostly) on each game:

Vol 1:

Battle Network 1

Battle Network 1 does have issues but I still love it. The biggest issue comes with exploring the net. The entire thing is the same path way, and same background and as you go deeper it becomes a complicated maze you have to navigate. You do encounter copies of bosses you defeat throughout the game which you need to do to complete it. It's the only game you have to get a 100% completion in which is the easiest one to get a completion in. Just get all the chip data and beat the super boss.

Battle Network 2

The issues with the 1st game are gone! The battle system got a few tweaks to make it smoother and the same background and pathway the net had in the 1st game is gone. Now you have unique looking areas that are easier to navigate through. You do get a chance to get unique custom styles based on how you play and you'll need to use each one once between two and three. Getting them is a pain but buster max will make things easier. You don't have to go too deep into the post game and you just need to do all the side quests to complete 2.

Battle Network 3

Even more improvements are implemented! You now have a custom navi screen to install programs onto Megaman to give different effects such as higher buster damage, more HP, and more health. The story is top notch in the series! You have to delve someone deep into the post game to achieve a few trophies but bustermax will help with any tricky situations if needed.

Vol 2

Battle Network 4

I have a long rant I'll post here but just know, there is so much wrong here I'm going to just say, this is the worst in the series

Spoiler
So the graphics for the over world got a huge downgrade from the 1st three games, the main story actually takes place in the back seat while Lan and Megaman participates in three tournament that each have three rounds and you have to do a side quest before you can actually fight your opponent. It copies a problem of the week style story telling similar to a weekly anime show which doesn't work for video games. There's a few new mechanics introduced which range from helpful if you're good to okay it's good but the drawback is really bad. The good mechanics come with the cross soul mechanic and emotion gauge. Cross Soul has you sacrificing a chip to copy a form of specific enemy bosses you've defeated in tournaments and each has a unique ability and changes how you deal with enemies. The emotion gauge has several statuses but the most important one is full synchro which happens when you delete an enemy in the middle of their attack. That lets your next battlechip deal double damage.

The other mechanic is dark chips, they're powerful chips that allow you to dominate your enemy but using one permanently lowers your HP by 1, which isn't much but if you use them a lot, you can eventually make your max HP 1,

Now Battle Network 4 is both the shortest and longest game to play. If you just play it once through, it's short and you'll be done with it in a day or two. Now if you want to 100% it (you mad lad), you'll have to playthrough the game three times. Yes THREE TIMES!

While making sure you get every chip you can each playthrough because once you get to new game plus, most of the enemies upgrade to their 2nd form and it'll be hard to find 1st forms of the same enemies.

Every tournament has you facing of against a basic navi, a named boss navi you don't have a cross soul with, and a named boss navi you do cross soul with.

your first time through you get three cross souls, 2nd time through you only get two souls from the 1st two tournaments and fight the same one you already fought in the 1st playthrough for the 3rd tournament, then finally on your 3rd playthrough you get the final soul that lets you get access to a door deep in the undernet that won't open unless you have all 6 souls.

The 1st tournament qualifications aren't bad, just complete a few requests from three people, the 2nd tournament has you finding 50 points hidden throughout the world and the net (have a guide up), then you auto qualify for the 3rd tournament and just have to find a few things before it starts properly.

You will likely playthrough the same scenarios multiple times across each playthrough. Now there a few points outside of the tournaments that a story plot happens but not the main story that you literally get air dropped into after the 3rd tournament. Both of them involve stopping the same bad guy from harming your friends and others around you.

After beating each tournament you see whats happening with the main story that has a meteor on course to crash into Earth and the scientists are working on finding out a way to stop it. After an attempt to stop it fails after the 2nd tournament, they decide to send a navi to the meteor to stop it after discovering it's artificial and there's a computer controlling it. Which lead to the 3rd tournament being created to just find the best net battler on Earth (spoiler it's our main character Lan [seriously after saving the world 3 times why aren't we just sending him in right off the bat?])

I will say the gameplay is still solid and the music for the most part is still great with a few exceptions that are just....awful

But, battle network 4 has the worst story of all time and terrible plot progression that happens in the background and you get thrown into it last second. I will say it was neat going to different countries but that wasn't fleshed out that much if you don't get the right scenario that features those countries in it. I feel that the game could've been better if they just dropped some of the ridiculous scenarios, made a better story that features the boss navis fought in the story to better incorporate Nebula (the main bad guys that aren't actually behind the meteor but are literally demoted the a B plot villain from the main meteor problem) into it somehow.

So it introduced a new crime syndicate called Nebula that are spreading Dark Chips that corrupt the users and even that takes a back seat to the Asteroid crashing into the Earth plot and rarely is mentioned until the 5th game where they're the main bad guys. Sure when you're doing the tournaments they aren't a problem outside of one or two scenarios and outside of the tournaments it's like 3 times they're a problem. They literally could've cut out the asteroid plot, and all the bosses you fought in the tournaments could've had a better story that incorporated Nebula corrupting them. instead of tournaments back to back!

and on top of all of that, the absolute worst thing about Battle Network 4 is that for a long while, it was the best selling Mega Man game in the entire franchise at around 1.3 million units sold until Mega Man 11 topped it at about 1.5 million sales. At I can guarantee that due to people experiencing this dumpster fire turned them off from playing any future Battle Network games which lead to a decline in sales with Battle Network 5 and Capcom decided to make Battle Network 6 the last one in the series.

So there's a handful of chips you get late in the post game called evil chips that can only be used if you've been abusing the dark chips enough to where MegaMan is in Dark Karma, something never mentioned in the game or referenced at all. So you have to corrupt Mega Man enough to where he's considered evil to use said chips which, while powerful, aren't as useful as other things you can do with the cross souls you can use. There's even a program advance that you can only use in dark karma mode. Also, dark karma mode locks you out of full synchro which cuts out double damage for chips, cross souls that transforms megaman into cool and fun forms, and you won't be able to use the gunsol chips or any Navi chips which are more useful than anything provided by Dark Karma's evil chips. On top of that, there is a set up to use the evil chips without being in Dark Karma mode, you need a dark hole on the field which allows you to use them, making Dark Karma mode not even needed at all! before I forget, the translation was awful. In numerous spots in the game there are translation errors including grammar errors, spelling errors, and using the wrong portrait on who should be talking.

Basically, Battle Network 4 killed the franchise. And the previous game was infinitely better and due to hype of it being so good probably lead to Battle Network 4 being the best selling game due to word of mouth saying how good the series is. Battle Network 4 stands amidst Battle Network 3's achievements and fumbled it hard.

Battle Network 5

It introduced a new type of fighting mechanic similar to fire emblem called liberation missions where you control a small group of navis to fight off the main enemies from the net. Everything got a massive upgrade from 4 (which isn't hard to do) and is a much more enjoyable game. The faster you complete the liberation missions, the better the rewards are.

Battle Network 6

The pinnacle of the series improving the already improved mechanics found in 5. Gone are the liberation missions but you can control other people's navis for short missions and upon completing them gives Mega Man a new upgrade to use which gives you an advantage in battle. The story again is better and serves as a beautiful ending to the series.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

L648c20.png

Le64bcd.png

L3c80ff.png

1L891f42.png1L3f1abf.png1Lbc8c9f.png

Platinum 292, 293, and 294

Spyro returns in a graphical remake to his original trilogy and it looks absolutely beautiful. Each game has Spyro saving the day from various threats such as Gnorcs attacking his Dragons, a sorcerer over running a kingdom, or even a sorceress abducting dragon eggs to restore magic to her realm. Each game has you collecting gems and other objects to unlock additional levels and after so many levels you have a boss fight to enter the next world. The formula stays the same with some slight changes such as Spyro 2 introducing new moves that carries over to Spyro 3 with 3 introducing new playable characters that offer a new way to play. There's nothing too difficult with getting all trophies in each game but just be sure to follow a guide on which trophies may bug out because each game has one or two trophies with the potential to bug with 3 being the worst with two trophies being so badly bugged that you need to back up your save before attempting it to try again if it fails. They're easy but it's best to back up before attempting either one. Hopefully one day we'll see another Spyro game just like this instead of skylanders.

• Like 2

L54c6e8.png

1L960f93.png

Platinum 295

Fun: 6/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Imagine going on with your daily life when a huge earthquake strikes and the next thing you know the city around you is falling apart bit by bit and people around are trying to make sense out of the chaos that's happening. Over the course of a few days you'll come across many people in need of help, people that are down on their luck, scammers, horrible people, and even snobs that think they're above everyone even during a natural event. You as well can choose to help people, scam people out of money, threaten people, and ignore their pleads of help. Almost every trophy aside from story trophies are missable because you need to have knowledge on who to talk to, who to scam for money to purchase things needed for an event later on, or where to go for different things such as a bag or compass. While you may be tempted to play without a guide, please know I do recommend following a guide to not miss any trophies as some needs you to make split saves near the end to get different endings or trigger certain events needed for a trophy.

• Like 3

L78fb84.png

1L2491c9.png

Platinum 296

Difficulty: 2/10

We Love Katamari reroll+ is a remake of the sequel to Katamari Damacy and is a much more enjoyable game to playthrough if you're interested in getting all trophies. Unlike the previous titles where you needed to collect 100% of everything, you just need to collect just 2000 things which will come naturally, complete all levels and variants of the same level, and roll up all cousins. You play as the prince, son of the king of all cosmos, rolling around a Katamari ball to roll up anything smaller than you to turn into a star. The most annoying thing about this game is having to replay levels to roll up cousins you still need as only one new cousin can be rolled up per playthrough of a level and you have to complete the level. Honestly it's the easiest Katamari game to complete.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

La2d409.png

1L193349.png

Platinum 297

This is the PS5 version I have mostly auto popped and am using the fun/difficulty metric from the PS4 version. Not all trophies auto pop which leaves you with beating the game, killing your 1st person, and eating a head.

Ld84bef.png

1L367a8d.png

Platinum 298

Difficulty:3/10

Picking up shortly after the stick of truth, Cartman changes the game from knights and dragons to super hero civil war that has several plot points that combines together in the end. It changes from a basic turn based strategy game to a tactical turn based game on a grid. The only missable trophy is having to play as a certain race on the master mind difficulty which starts off as difficult but after you get more allies it becomes easier. Some allies are better than others such as Captain diabetes who can hit several enemies in his turn and give himself a barrier. I had him on my team when ever possible. I do enjoy the fact that almost nothing outside of one trophy is missable and the changes made from Stick of Truth worked well!

L3d0a15.png

1L3a0e7a.png

Platinum 299

Difficulty: 9/10

Frustration: infinity/10

This is the PS5 version I have mostly auto popped and am using the fun/difficulty metric from the PS4 version. With the PS4 save on your PS5, you can import it and auto pop all trophies.

L86eab2.png

1L562e0a.png

Platinum 300

Fun: 10/10

Difficulty: 7/10

Resident Evil 4 returns this time with a platinum trophy! The remake follows the steps of the previous games in the series and provides a familiar yet new experience. It doesn't copy everything exactly but gives you such a familiar experience you'll appreciate the changes. There are new guns for you to use such as a new Sub Machine gun, an assault rifle, and a bow gun type weapon. It gives you a good challenge even on easier difficulties but with proper resource management you'll be able to overcome it. There's several annoying trophies to get that includes speed runs, a whole run without talking to the merchant, one without healing, and one using just pistols. You can unlock a bonus gun to use for the speed run that you can upgrade to have infinite ammo. You'll also have to find all treasures in the game. If you loved RE 4 then you'll love the Remake of it.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

FF-Pixel-Remaster-Date_04-05-23.jpg

1Lcde2e6.png1Ld18f49.png1L28d5f9.png

1Lb31f38.png1L7f006c.png1L92f857.png

Final Fantasy I - VI

Platinum trophy 301-306

I have long awaited a remaster of the original Final Fantasy games and the pixel remaster delivered just that! Each game is beautifully remastered with some quality of life additions such as a mini map, faster running speeds in dungeons and towns, and boosts to EXP and Gil gain to cut down on grinding. Each game has a similar trophy list where you have to find all the treasure chests and later hidden items, fight all the enemies in the game, learn all the enemy skills when possible, slay so many enemies, and obtain so much gil. Now I'll be honest, I did use the boosts from the start for the 1st two games as I've already beaten the 1st game and the 2nd game is.....unique on how it handles your characters leveling up. From there I did play the games legit until the game decided to stop being fair then I just turned on the boosts, got more powerful and steamrolled things from there. I enjoyed going through the classic final fantasy games I've never played through such as 3, 4, and 6 along with finally completing 5.

Overall my favorite to least favorite goes like this: 6, 5, 4, 3, 1, 2

6 has amazing characters, a wonderful story and what feels like the most perfected form of the active battle system of the series

5 also has great characters, funny dialogue, and a story that is good but fizzles out at the end and also points deducted for copying a story plot from 3 and 1, however it's ahead of 4 due to the job system that allows you to further customize your characters

4 again still has great characters and battle system however it does something several times that annoyed me after the 3rd or 4th time it happened (no spoilers here)

3 felt like it just took 1 and gave it actual characters that you can name that aren't blank slates and started the bases of the job system that was improved in 5, seriously if I asked you to name a final fantasy that has 4 chosen warriors of light to go on a quest to save the world, your options are 3, 5, and 1. Yes 5 has that same story set up but it goes beyond saving the crystals.

1 is the bases of the series and started of great, the story isn't anything special by today's standards, just 4 blank slates warriors of light chosen by the crystals to go save the world. The worst thing I can say about it is the MP system is jank from the rest of the series aside from 3 copying it which thankfully never returned afterward.

the reason 2 is seen as the black sheep of the franchise (but not my least favorite FF as a whole) is due to its removal of a traditional leveling system. You each in order to level something up, you have to use it. It's long and complicated to explain, just understand that getting hit = more HP, using magic = more MP/upgrades your spells, using your weapons = leveling weapon skill up...yeah there's a reason this leveling system never saw the light of day again. The story was okay, I do like there was times you had certain party members switch out to do their own thing just for you to get a new party member soon after and I would put it above 3 if they had reworked how the leveling system was or gave people an option to play as it was or a more modern spin on it.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Le59079.png

1Lfeaf2f.png

Platinum trophy: 307

Fun: 7/10

Difficulty: 6/10

Final Fantasy VII is the most beloved game in the franchise with great reason. The battle system was amazing, the characters were great, and for its time the graphics were pretty good. Now they have taken the classic game and gave it a new twist with some story changes, some additional interactions that was not on the original release such as a part going off with other characters that aren't party members to expand their story. The graphics are outstanding and I love the characters even more, however the largest blemish on this game is the unneeded combat system that I feels holds this game back from being perfect. More often than not I was just bashing the Square button waiting for the enemy to die because the ATB bar raises slower than the reaction time of a sloth at times unless haste was applied.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Ld637b4.png

1Ldfd936.png

Platinum trophy: 308

Fun: 7/10

I long held the belief that FF 8 was one of the lower tier FF games due to the complex junction/draw system but after getting back into it and understanding it better I have soften my stance on it. It's simply just mid gameplay wise but the story is actually pretty good. Playing through the game be sure to check enemies for certain spells to draw from to strengthen your stats and certain boss enemies have summons you need to have to obtain the platinum. I do recommend having a guide up to keep track on which enemies have something you need.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

L07514d.png

1L3c573a.png

Platinum trophy 309

Difficulty: 9/10

The one thing that will likely block people from getting this platinum is the jump rope trophy that you either have to have perfect timing for 1000 jumps or get the script working to make the inputs for you via the PS Remote play on PC. Outside of that the list is not too terribly awful. Just be sure to grab all the hidden treasures/regular treasures, follow a trophy guide to view all of the active time events and other missable trophies. You also have to dedicate a run toward getting a missable sword called Excalibur 2 which is only available the 1st 12 hours of the game and it's at the end dungeon which means you have to have the 4x speed going at all times.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

L5e9b45.png

1L21a701.png

Platinum Trophy: 310

Difficulty: 6/10

Fun: 9/10 (till grinding sphere grid then 3/10)

The remaster of FF X brought an excelent remaster with updated visuals and audio and has a myriad of time consuming trophies. You will have to capture 10 of every monster in every area and max out the sphere grid with everyone. With the right set up, you will make this game a breeze and if you're really really crazy, follow this one video guide on how to become unstoppable before Shiva. I did start this on PS3 years ago, but dropped off playing it for other things at the time but I picked it up for the PS4 and had to restart it since I no longer owned the PS3 version. You can cross save this between the PS3, Vita, and PS4 versions so that's a plus. You do actually have to do everything possible including getting good at Blitz Ball. Yes, unlock everyone's celestial weapons, defeat all the dark aeons, and the super bosses as well. If the super bosses are giving you trouble, then just summon Yojimbo, pay him a ton of gil, and watch him make your issues disappear.

• Like 2