this came out of nowhere!

UlvenFenrir

1 hour ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Just got the platinum, its a 5/10 on difficulty for me, the only "hard thing" its the nigthmare levels, and the hardest episode its definitely the first one, since its all close quarters, and when the demons start respawning it can get pretty hectic.

Hi! Do you know if you have to do all the levels and episodes in order and/or in one sitting? I started playing solo yesterday and got to E1M4 in DOOM 1, but couldn't beat it, so I left it there. If I go back, can I start from there, or do I need to replay the previous levels as well?

3 minutes ago, JoeyRavn-EU said:

Hi! Do you know if you have to do all the levels and episodes in order and/or in one sitting? I started playing solo yesterday and got to E1M4 in DOOM 1, but couldn't beat it, so I left it there. If I go back, can I start from there, or do I need to replay the previous levels as well?

You can start it from there and you can complete the levels in the order you want to, just remember which ones you have done already.

Regarding the absolutely insulting requirement for a Bethesda.net account to even play 20+ years old games, Bethesda has answered to the backlash and it’ll lift up the requirement very soon via a patch.

Bethesda... you screwed up! :facepalm:

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

Regarding of the absolutely insulting requirement for a Bethesda.net account to even play 20+ years old games, Bethesda has answered the backlash and it’ll lift up the requirement very soon via a patch.

Bethesda... you fucked up! :facepalm:

Looks like you provided the news before I could xD Whether they say it was truly an error or not is up for debate, I mean come on, does anyone actually believe this slipped past them during the testing phase? Anyway, I'm just glad that they're patching it in general. Will they fix the music issue now is the next question ? Still, it doesn't make it right that the old XBLA versions got delisted.

Annnd if it truly was an error, why is this message coded into the game?

2rxt951.jpg

There is also the matter of DOOM's PS Store page saying "Bethesda.net account required" at the bottom of it's description. Anyone still going to believe this was a simple mistake from Bethesda? They knew exactly what they were trying to pull, but it didn't work.

n4dwf4.jpg

Edited by ShonenCat
  • Like 2

So the co op trophy put me off to start with as I posted earlier but now I purchased them on switch to discover DRM. That's not cool. Don't buy this crap unless they remove it. Also and this might only affect the Switch version but the music has been butchered. It's slowed down and sounds crap.

19 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Midway developed Doom 64, supervised by id Software. I would think Nintendo doesn't have a claim to it any longer. Also, Wild Guns & The Ninja Warriors Again were made only for Nintendo systems at first, but that never stopped them from getting PS4 versions. If something were worked out between id Software & Warner Brothers Games (Midway's successor) then maybe it stands a chance.

While I'm glad to get Doom on PS4, it is hellalame that you need a Bethesda.net account to even play it. Was that extra DRM layer really necessary? I'm glad they didn't also require always online.

Bethesda has announced they are patching that DRM requirement out of the game on all consoles.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, dinostaRRHU said:

speedrun trophy must be done in one sitting? all 4 chapter? 

Nope, the game saves your best time in all episodes, when i was going for the 2 hours one it popped after i finished the first episode.And i dont know if the 4th episode counts, it doesnt for the nightmare trophy, but you need to play the 4th episode to get the all secrets levels trophy.

I’m not one to outright judge a game entirely based on its trophies when I haven’t even looked or touched it.

But beating Nightmare difficulty in co-op is just ridiculous. 

I’d rather kill 500 enemy players in Deathmatch than play Nightmare difficulty with a co-op partner. 

Anyone who has touched DOOM at all in its over 25 years of existence knows that on Nightmare difficulty, enemies respawn constantly, making for proper ammo management and inside and out knowledge of the levels. 

Things start getting really nasty in Episode 3. Episode 4 which wasn’t added until later on is a bitch on harder difficulties. 

Why id Software? Beating one level on Nightmare like in the DOOM reboot was good enough.

Why are they lying about this? Okay, they can say why they did it, say it was dumb not to make it optional and then make it optional. The fact that they need time on making it optional should spell out that it was never intended to be so, regardless of the PSN store description.

10 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I’m not one to outright judge a game entirely based on its trophies when I haven’t even looked or touched it.

But beating Nightmare difficulty in co-op is just ridiculous. 

I’d rather kill 500 enemy players in Deathmatch than play Nightmare difficulty with a co-op partner. 

Anyone who has touched DOOM at all in its over 25 years of existence knows that on Nightmare difficulty, enemies respawn constantly, making for proper ammo management and inside and out knowledge of the levels. 

Things start getting really nasty in Episode 3. Episode 4 which wasn’t added until later on is a bitch on harder difficulties. 

Why id Software? Beating one level on Nightmare like in the DOOM reboot was good enough.

Funny enough I done all of doom 1 on nightmare on my own before along with doom 2 chapter 1 on it. 2 was hard and the master levels I fear will stop nearly anyone from doing it right as ultra violence was hard as hell and with nightmare on it well just like the name says. it will be a nightmare, a very painful and annoying one.

Edited by KANERKB

2 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

Funny enough I done all of doom 1 on nightmare on my own before along with doom 2 chapter 1 on it. 2 was hard and the master levels I fear will stop nearly anyone from doing it right as ultra violence was hard as hell and with nightmare on it well just like the name says. it will be a nightmare, a very painful and annoying one.

Doubt you have to do the master levels considering that you dont have to do the 4th episode in the first one, its considered dlc levels and the game only asks you to pass the vanilla levels aka original doom 1 and 2.And yes the master levels are hard, but nothing compared to the plutonia dlc levels, those were just cruel.

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Why are they lying about this? Okay, they can say why they did it, say it was dumb not to make it optional and then make it optional. The fact that they need time on making it optional should spell out that it was never intended to be so, regardless of the PSN store description.

The way people are bitching about this game, you think Gearbox was running the show.

The DRM crap has to go. 

5 minutes ago, KANERKB said:

It’s good that they are offering all three DOOM games with a platinum. 

I played this game long enough to do Nightmare on the first episode at least. However the trophy says to do it in co-op. I honestly don’t know how that works. 

DOOM was always about blowing up enemies in single player and killing other players in multiplayer deathmatch. 

So... is this trophy quite doable? People already got it, so it must be.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Doubt you have to do the master levels considering that you dont have to do the 4th episode in the first one, its considered dlc levels and the game only asks you to pass the vanilla levels aka original doom 1 and 2.And yes the master levels are hard, but nothing compared to the plutonia dlc levels, those were just cruel.

I agree but master levels were bs have you tried to do that level forgot the name where you must get to the end while a cybordemon is shooting at you while going to try and make your way up to him. then when your there you have to kill him to open the door. it is do able in ulitra violence but nightmare with demons popping up a lot it is paincity. also it will be all the levels as they want all levels done in co op.

7 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The way people are bitching about this game, you think Gearbox was running the show.

The DRM crap has to go. 

It’s good that they are offering all three DOOM games with a platinum. 

I played this game long enough to do Nightmare on the first episode at least. However the trophy says to do it in co-op. I honestly don’t know how that works. 

DOOM was always about blowing up enemies in single player and killing other players in multiplayer deathmatch. 

So... is this trophy quite doable? People already got it, so it must be.

It is do able in doom 1 when you get to thy flesh consume that is where the pain will come as in single player you don't get much ammo, when in co op you get enough for two but with the extra demons popping up well running and gunning is the only way to win. It is mostly doom 2 I fear will be hard as the master levels are no joke.

Also this level will be a bitch on nightmare

Edited by KANERKB

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

I agree but master levels were bs have you tried to do that level forgot the name where you must get to the end while a cybordemon is shooting at you while going to try and make your way up to him. then when your there you have to kill him to open the door. it is do able in ulitra violence but nightmare with demons popping up a lot it is paincity. also it will be all the levels as they want all levels done in co op.

Good thing its that in coop you can respawn as many times as you want, so do the demons, you start with a pistol but all the gun drops will always stay in the same place even after you pick them up.Also all the switches and keys you picked stay with you. Not looking forward to doom 2 beacuse the chaingunners and the arch-viles but i will try to check if the master levels are requiered or not.

1 minute ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Good thing its that in coop you can respawn as many times as you want, so do the demons, you start with a pistol but all the gun drops will always stay in the same place even after you pick them up.Also all the switches and keys you picked stay with you. Not looking forward to doom 2 beacuse the chaingunners and the arch-viles but i will try to check if the master levels are requiered or not.

Well friend you have my best of luck with you as I beaten all the levels on ultra violence and nightmare for most of the doom 1 and 2 but the master levels I never did if you beat them on nightmare more power to ya gov. as alone it is too hard in co op might be doable just a slog to go through.