this came out of nowhere!

UlvenFenrir

Even if they do patch the mandatory login out of the game, if you have already linked then there doesn't seem to be a way to unlink the Bethesda.net account from your PSN account.

Edited by BOOTP

2 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

Also and this might only affect the Switch version but the music has been butchered. It's slowed down and sounds crap.

Nope, it is a problem on the PS4 as well. So far, that is my only issue with the game, hopefully they can take care of it with another patch. 

Parker

I got the Plat yesterday (it says I'm #2). Doom is one of my all-time favorites, I've played through the first game's maps probably 50 times. I was goofing off and I basically went into autopilot popping the rest of trophies ?.

I'm getting some PMs about the Nightmare! difficulty co-op trophy. Co-op in Doom gives you unlimited spawns while the level remains constant, which makes most maps considerably more approachable. But due to Nightmare! difficulty, the enemies will also get infinite spawns. Focus on making map progress, rather than trying to kill enemies. If you have to kill - do so strategically and with time sensitivity in mind. Don't bother with imps or pinkies unless they are in the way. The most difficult maps IMO were E2M6 and E3M4, due to how cramped they were. You don't need to finish episode 4 on Nightmare! for the trophy, just the 3 original Doom episodes. I rate the Plat difficulty at 4/10. gl

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grilled_cheez_3 said:

I'm getting some PMs about the Nightmare! difficulty co-op trophy. Co-op in Doom gives you unlimited spawns while the level remains constant, which makes most maps considerably more approachable. But due to Nightmare! difficulty, the enemies will also get infinite spawns. Focus on making map progress, rather than trying to kill enemies. If you have to kill - do so strategically and with time sensitivity in mind. Don't bother with imps or pinkies unless they are in the way. The most difficult maps IMO were E2M6 and E3M4, due to how cramped they were. You don't need to finish episode 4 on Nightmare! for the trophy, just the 3 original Doom episodes. I rate the Plat difficulty at 4/10. gl

It’s local co op if I’m not mistaken. 

I haven’t played this version of the game, so I can’t really judge how single player, the co op and the deathmatches are like.

Edited by Spaz

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

It’s local co op if I’m not mistaken. 

I haven’t played this version of the game, so I can’t really judge how single player, the co op and the deathmatches are like.

You are correct. For some reason this release omits online functionality. Unless you count that thing where they wanted you to make an account just to play. pfffhahaha

39 minutes ago, Remi-chan said:

Troll

not really. kinda lol. i do own a switch tho. i just dont like their unwillingness to lend IPs etc. plus the rate they release anything thats not indie.

wheres Bayonetta 3, Metroid Prime 4, a new DK (not tropical freeze), etc. super super slow

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Just got the platinum, its a 5/10 on difficulty for me, the only "hard thing" its the nigthmare levels, and the hardest episode its definitely the first one, since its all close quarters, and when the demons start respawning it can get pretty hectic.

I’m working on it atm and it’s now clear for me the trophy requiring coop.

Clearing all nightmare levels playing coop means all of them in one sit? How can I keep track of the ones I did?

Ive tried playing coop for the first levels and oh boy does it become a mayhem of monsters respawning.

Do you have any hints to share to make it more bearable?

36 minutes ago, ConradSiegfried said:

I’m working on it atm and it’s now clear for me the trophy requiring coop.

Clearing all nightmare levels playing coop means all of them in one sit? How can I keep track of the ones I did?

Ive tried playing coop for the first levels and oh boy does it become a mayhem of monsters respawning.

Do you have any hints to share to make it more bearable?

I recommend watching doom speedruns to know the best way to beat it, speed in nightmare is essential for survival and also knowing where secrets are which can give you items that can save your life

On 28/7/2019 at 1:02 AM, KANERKB said:

Well friend you have my best of luck with you as I beaten all the levels on ultra violence and nightmare for most of the doom 1 and 2 but the master levels I never did if you beat them on nightmare more power to ya gov. as alone it is too hard in co op might be doable just a slog to go through.

Finally beat nightmare in DOOM 2 and holy shit is hard, DOOM 1 is childs play compared to this one. Anyway, master levels are not requiered for the nightmare trophy, only hell on earth.

48 minutes ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

Finally beat nightmare in DOOM 2 and holy shit is hard, DOOM 1 is childs play compared to this one. Anyway, master levels are not requiered for the nightmare trophy, only hell on earth.

I guess that's like a 8 out of 10 in difficulty?

Hopefully I can do Nightmare without too much trouble in the first game.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I guess that's like a 8 out of 10 in difficulty?

Hopefully I can do Nightmare without too much trouble in the first game.

8 seems right, doom 1 only has like 5 or 6 difficult levels, and the first episode, in my opinion, is the hardest due to the close quarters levels. E1M5 and E1M6 are a bitch if you die to many times.Doom 2 in the other hand has a ton of difficult levels; Dead simple has respawning mancubus,refueling base has the hallway with infinite respawning shotgunners, industrial zone is a hitscanner paradise, and the best one, level 29 the living end, it took me 7 hours to beat this one alone, its impossible to beat with the pistol, so if you die once, you have to restart from monster condo,level 27, to get all your supplies back. I hope someone else beats it so i can share the pain with someone lol.

7 minutes ago, jim_guitariste said:

Are bonus levels needed for the nightmare trophy?

Nope, you only need the normal levels, also i didnt use the secret exits to the bonus levels beacuse someone said that it doesnt count as ending the level if you go to a secret one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elite_Agent_009 said:

8 seems right, doom 1 only has like 5 or 6 difficult levels, and the first episode, in my opinion, is the hardest due to the close quarters levels. E1M5 and E1M6 are a bitch if you die to many times.Doom 2 in the other hand has a ton of difficult levels; Dead simple has respawning mancubus,refueling base has the hallway with infinite respawning shotgunners, industrial zone is a hitscanner paradise, and the best one, level 29 the living end, it took me 7 hours to beat this one alone, its impossible to beat with the pistol, so if you die once, you have to restart from monster condo,level 27, to get all your supplies back. I hope someone else beats it so i can share the pain with someone lol.

Jesus Christ, seven hours?!?

You can't find more weapons/ammo in level 29?

Also, I can confirm for the speedrun you only need the original levels, so in DOOM 1 you only need to speedrun Knee Deep In The Dead, The Shores of Hell and Inferno. In doom 2 only hell on earth is requiered, master levels are not.

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Jesus Christ, seven hours?!?

You can't find more weapons/ammo in level 29?

There is a chaingun at the beginning, but good luck killing respawing hell knights and revenants with just that...Note that the guns never disappear, however, ammo drops, health bonuses and such do. I will put this video so you know what im talking about.

i assume pausing the game also stops the in-game/level tiume like normal? and for the secret levels can i make saves on the levels you get into them from, so acce3ss it then load another save do the next one or does it have to be done in one playthrough?

Digital only, but for only $5.00 it's a bargain.

Unfortunately you still have to do the bullshit Account Creation with Bethesda, since you have to link an account with them in order to play the game. Pretty ridiculous for a game that's over 25 years old.

Playing this on the Ultra-Violence level, midway through Shores.

One thing Bethesda should add to this is DS4 touchpad weapon changing, similar to pressing 1-6 on a PC keyboard. Sometimes, a quick switch to the chainsaw or fists is just what you need, especially when several Pinky demons or lost souls rush you down & you'd rather save the other weapons.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

3 hours ago, RadiantFlamberge said:

Playing this on the Ultra-Violence level, midway through Shores.

One thing Bethesda should add to this is DS4 touchpad weapon changing, similar to pressing 1-6 on a PC keyboard. Sometimes, a quick switch to the chainsaw or fists is just what you need, especially when several Pinky demons or lost souls rush you down & you'd rather save the other weapons.

The fourth episode is an absolute bitch on Ultra-Violence. Got stuck on the second level for ages because of all the enemies that spawn and the hazards.

Still was a ton of fun to play. I've played DOOM over a thousand times over the course of 20+ years but there is still that good old fashioned charm of shotgunning the imps and putting a chainsaw to the Pinkys.

I've tried that last episode on PC once before. I agree, it is certainly a sharp spike in difficulty over the ones before it, but it is seriously fun. I've never done any of TFC's levels on 1 life without saves.

For the PC version, I really like the Doomsday Engine source port. It can be played in 16:9, & a fair number of mods like high resolution textures can be used.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/07/2019 at 9:56 PM, Spaz said:

Digital only, but for only $5.00 it's a bargain.

Unfortunately you still have to do the bullshit Account Creation with Bethesda, since you have to link an account with them in order to play the game. Pretty ridiculous for a game that's over 25 years old.

Has this been patched out yet? Was holding off hoping they'd get rid of it.