how is this game

I am playing it co-op with my wife. I can see why this game is disappointing. The RPG mechanics are padding and don't add anything to the game. The mission structure is poor (i.e. there is a mission to go somewhere, you get there and it has you go get something else from somewhere then you have to go back to the first place for no good reason. The story isn't there. There is a million collectables.

With that said I am having a lot of with it as a mindless co-op shooter.

• Like 2

Buddied up on XB1 and I'm feeling pretty bummed out about it. Had a little fun for about an hour or so before it dawned on me what was happening as the missions quickly got repetitive. It's a good thing that the sisters are as entertaining characters as they are because otherwise (EDIT: I retract this statement, the sisters are awful characters) this game is a far cry from what I remember new Wolfenstein to be. Completely stripped down to exploit a shitty "Games as a Service" model that just doesn't suit the franchise at all, with some of the worst microtransactions I have ever seen even if they are "jUsT cOsMeTiC". At least they had the self-awareness to at least not charge full price for the game, though I certainly won't be buying it myself for a good long while, and definitely not new because Bethesda are not getting a cent of my money ever again.

But if folks are getting some enjoyment out of it then more power to them, I guess. I'll stick to the kind of games I want to see and support those instead.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 4

I'm having quite a couple issues with trophies not unlocking.

The "Sting Like a Bee" trophy for stealth killing Supersoldiers has not popped even though I've gone way over the 10 kills required.

Not a trophy but the Find Resistance Fighters mission seems to have bugged out because the game won't progress passed the read the floppy disks which will most definitely bug the Partisan trophy.

Also the "Immovable Object" trophy for killing 10 charging Supersoldiers doesn't seem to be working for me either.

EDIT: Just got the Immovable Object trophy after 20+ kills.

Edited by reiner-

17 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

From what I can gather, this is probably gonna kill the franchise. A cringe-inducing, microtransaction-infested, grindy asset flip of Colossus. Independent reviewers are currently tearing the game to pieces. Personally, I think it's a real shame, because Order/Colossus were absolutely fantastic.

I'm still enjoying Youngblood somewhat but I also agree with what you're saying.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:12 AM, ShadowReplicant said:

From what I can gather, this is probably gonna kill the franchise. A cringe-inducing, microtransaction-infested, grindy asset flip of Colossus. Independent reviewers are currently tearing the game to pieces. Personally, I think it's a real shame, because Order/Colossus were absolutely fantastic.

It's 2 garbage games back to back + Shithesda hate, i wouldn't bother making Wolf3.

Best course of action is to completely remake Return to castle Wolfenstein, no predatory practices, no SJW, etc to get some love back and then maybe try Wolf3 but then again.... Lthesda doesn't do sense and or cares one bit.

On 7/30/2019 at 6:33 AM, reiner- said:

I'm still enjoying Youngblood somewhat but I also agree with what you're saying.

Even after all the problems, I'm still willing to give it a try once it hits a super deep sale.... so long as they fix some of the problems and the trophy list remains intact, no bs (Mein Leben trophy) gets added later.

2 hours ago, yowzagabowza said:

I have recently read that you MUST be online to play this and cannot pause the game because of that. 

I need confirmation that I can play this offline (turn off internet on PS4) and pause when I want to.

It doesn't pause even if you're offline, at least I think that was the case. My bud was complaining about it amongst other things about this garbage fire of a game but I'm not going to find out myself for sure for a long time as I have no intention of playing this again in the near future.

Edited by Stan Lee

4 hours ago, reiner- said:

Has anyone encountered a super annoying sound bug caused by the ElektroKraftwerk gun?

Yes, the gun is glitched and sometimes it triggers a weird glitch where the gun's static electricity sound effect continues forever until you close the game or leave the area.  It also causes the controller to vibrate as if the gun is still being fired and doesn't stop.  Super irritating when it happens, but it seems that it happens less if you don't use the gun against robots or supersoldaten.

There is another audio glitch with the flashlight attachment as well... toggling it can cause the sound to start cutting in and out.

I hope that both of these issues are fixed in the patch next week since it did state they were fixing audio glitches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elegy said:

Yes, the gun is glitched and sometimes it triggers a weird glitch where the gun's static electricity sound effect continues forever until you close the game or leave the area.  It also causes the controller to vibrate as if the gun is still being fired and doesn't stop.  Super irritating when it happens, but it seems that it happens less if you don't use the gun against robots or supersoldaten.

Yep, that's the one. 

How does something so simple not get noticed before launch? The people who support these developers by buying their games day one are the ones who are getting shat on by paying them (developers) to test their games.

We should be enjoying the game instead of running into bugs/glitches and then having to report back many times until a patch is eventually rolled out.

After defying logic and giving this another go, I take back what I said earlier about the sisters. They are the most obnoxious, unrelatable and unlikable protagonists I've had to stomach in a long time. So yeah, now this game has absolutely nothing that appeals to me at all. Total botch job, in my humble opinion. Seriously, seriously worried about the next Doom and Elder Scrolls releases. 

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 3

I have only just realised how insane the grind is.

Have just got Mastery 10 on all weapons after who knows how many runs through a level only to work out that I still need $41,040 for the rest of the weapon upgrades.

This is too much.

21 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

After defying logic and giving this another go, I take back what I said earlier about the sisters. They are the most obnoxious, unrelatable and unlikable protagonists I've had to stomach in a long time. So yeah, now this game has absolutely nothing that appeals to me at all. Total botch job, in my humble opinion. Seriously, seriously worried about the next Doom and Elder Scrolls releases. 

What gets me is people still think Elder Scrolls 6 will be good, it and Starfield are BOTH being made on the same engine Fallout 3, 4 and 76 was used on, 76 has the SAME bugs that were APPARENT IN F3, not only did they not fix them for fallout 3 during its time, but they left the same ones in for f4 and 76, but get this.... the modders even fixed ALL the bugs that appear on ALL of the games yet Bethesda couldn’t be bothered to implement them in updates or even the games themselves at launch, what’s worse is the list of bugs and glitches are ENDLESS, yet exploits are patched immediately... how many times can Bethesda screw over its fan base before everyone realises they are basically worse than EA, they don’t know how to patch anything because they are all corporate minded and completely incompetent by default, and on top of that, the engine is sooooo old and WAY past it’s use by date that trying to fix it is basically impossible anyway, but it’s easy to make a half assed game on so they continue to use it even though literally everyone has told them they need a new engine, until people stop buying their games the same garbage will pooor out, and they’re now destroying their other franchises, Bethesda is dead guys... dead lol That said ID games are still holding strong, they on the other hand are talented, but Bugthesda leech off of their success, to those of you considering buying Elder Scrolls 6, and or starfield, the humble side of me wants to wish you good luck, but the abused customer in me says you deserve it for continuing to fund Bethesda and their unacceptable business practices lol

In hindsight, Bugthesda should release invincibility cheats into Wolfenstein 2 so as an apology so we can all do Mein Lieben and platinum that lol

Petition anyone!! ??

21 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

What gets me is people still think Elder Scrolls 6 will be good, it and Starfield are BOTH being made on the same engine Fallout 3, 4 and 76 was used on, 76 has the SAME bugs that were APPARENT IN F3, not only did they not fix them for fallout 3 during its time, but they left the same ones in for f4 and 76, but get this.... the modders even fixed ALL the bugs that appear on ALL of the games yet Bethesda couldn’t be bothered to implement them in updates or even the games themselves at launch, what’s worse is the list of bugs and glitches are ENDLESS, yet exploits are patched immediately... how many times can Bethesda screw over its fan base before everyone realises they are basically worse than EA, they don’t know how to patch anything because they are all corporate minded and completely incompetent by default, and on top of that, the engine is sooooo old and WAY past it’s use by date that trying to fix it is basically impossible anyway, but it’s easy to make a half assed game on so they continue to use it even though literally everyone has told them they need a new engine, until people stop buying their games the same garbage will pooor out, and they’re now destroying their other franchises, Bethesda is dead guys... dead lol That said ID games are still holding strong, they on the other hand are talented, but Bugthesda leech off of their success, to those of you considering buying Elder Scrolls 6, and or starfield, the humble side of me wants to wish you good luck, but the abused customer in me says you deserve it for continuing to fund Bethesda and their unacceptable business practices lol

In hindsight, Bugthesda should release invincibility cheats into Wolfenstein 2 so as an apology so we can all do Mein Lieben and platinum that lol

Petition anyone!! 1f44d.png1f602.png

Skyrim and Fallout 3 were buggy messes but still amazing games underneath. I'm talking beyond the bugs. Bugs and the outdated engine- still crappy and should be addressed- are the least of my concerns now. I'm talking about releases that could be bare bones, stripped down and chopped up to facilitate the LiVe SeRvIcE model that they have recently become so fond of, as an excuse to put out woefully unfinished and/or half-assed games. Nobody wanted this game. Hopefully the backlash and some mediocre sales send a clear message.

I’m close to finished so I’ll list my likes/mehs/ dislikes so far;

- Online co-op included 

- Interesting “base”, the record room cracked me up.

- VHS tapes and cassette tapes are cool to look at/listen to.

- The lighting/graphic system is great

Mehs:

- The sister interactions are very cheesy to me. 

- The need for constant gunfire. Enemies will respawn if you happen to leave an area (inside the big area) looking for collectibles/ammo. If I haven’t reloaded the level, don’t respawn.

Dislikes:

- The enemy armor system is crap. One of the worst ideas I’ve seen.

- The random enemies spawning behind me. Cannot stand when games do this.

• 1 month later...

to say this will ruin the franchise is the stupidest claim i've ever heard... the 2009 game was awful and yet they bounced back and make the best game of the series after that...  it seems unless a shooter has the words "Call of Duty" in the title it gets torn apart.... this game was actually very enjoyable... i understand why people are upset about the grind... it was quite tedious but the game in itself was quite fun... for the price tag i venture to say it's quite worth it overall

Edited by Livingstone7728