I think my account got banned from PSNProfiles?

I tried checking my account earlier, but whenever I click on my username, it redirects me to the site homepage. Is this because I changed my PSN username a while back? When I try and look at my old PSN usernames trophies, it says they’re set to private. I’ve never hacked any trophies or anything, and I really enjoy seeing how I rank compared to the rest of the world, so please if anyone can help me with this.

My old PSN username was: Thedwarfman

My new and current PSN username is Tsoglav

Contact Sonys live support online.  I think they are closed now though.  I had an issue where I changed my name back to the original and it was showing I had 0 trophies.  But when I clicked on my trophies I could see them all.  I had to revert back to my changed (current) name to fix it.

Edited by BemusedNContused

No, I changed it from Thedwarfman to Tsoglav Around the time that they added the ability to change your name, and I never switched back

And it’s good to hear that I’m not banned, but is there any reason I can’t view my profile? Is it anything that I need to fix or will it just work on it’s own after a while?

Edited by Thedwarfman
Added the bit about my account not being banned but still not showing up

1 minute ago, Thedwarfman said:

No, I changed it from Thedwarfman to Tsoglav Around the time that they added the ability to change your name, and I never switched back

So, it looks like the site messed something up on your name change, then.  I can see your account (Tsoglav) on PSN.

• Like 1

Is there anything I can do about it, or would I need to contact somebody to get it fixed?

I’m just really confused about this situation because I was even checking my account just earlier today and everything was fine

Edited by Thedwarfman

Just now, Thedwarfman said:

Is there anything I can do about it, or would I need to contact somebody to get it fixed?

You've posted about it in the right place to get sly's (the admin) attention, so it's just a matter of waiting for it to get fixed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Thedwarfman said:

I’m just really confused about this situation because I was even checking my account just earlier today and everything was fine

The general suggestion is to earn any trophy on the account, sync with PSN and then try to sync here again. Sometimes PSN flakes out and causes issues with the site. 

• Like 1

So I guess what’s happened is that the site merged my old and new usernames, but accidentally did it in the wrong order so my old one was considered the new one, and that messed something up, right? If so, would it be possible for whoever has the ability to, to just set my new username Tsoglav as the main one? It’s probably more complicated than that I imagine, but I’m just trying to help in any way I can lol

When I changed my name with PSN, my name changed also here to my new one.  You may need your name changed manually.  I dont know why Sony ever did this with all the glitches.  Dumb idea just to cheat someone out of $5 for future name changes.

Edited by BemusedNContused

Nah it doesn't look like you got banned, if you haven't updated your profile here in a while, the site must have just realized you've done a name change :P 

You need to earn a new trophy then sync it to PSN, then type your newest name in the box here on the site. It may take up to 24 hours for the site to figure things out, but after that it should be all good

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, BlindMango said:

Nah it doesn't look like you got banned, if you haven't updated your profile here in a while, the site must have just realized you've done a name change :P 

You need to earn a new trophy then sync it to PSN, then type your newest name in the box here on the site. It may take up to 24 hours for the site to figure things out, but after that it should be all good

I think the issue is related to name change. And I got no idea about any of that. @Sly Ripper