Since I started my PSN account on a PS4, can I now sign my account into a PS3 and add more games through that?

Pieroluc

OK I know that the title of this Topic is quite long and I will try and explain here what I want to do. 

I got my PS4 around 2015 and way before I ever got a PS3, I got one for cheap off Ebay a year or two ago. 

Now I'm wondering if I can load in my current psn account onto the PS3 without having any issues and subsequently ofcourse adding many more possible games for me to play and trophy hunt for on my account. 

The thing is I do know that you could transfer your PSN account onto the PS4, but I don't know if there's essentially backwards compatability I guess you would call it where I could get my PSN I started on PS4 and then sign into it through a PS3. 

I'm writing this because ofcourse I don't want to risk anything that could harm my current account if I attempt this. While asking this I also would be curious if I could log into a Vita now as I might be interested in buying one at some point for a good deal online even though probably not at this point in time unless a deal really catches my eye. 

(BTW the current ps3 games I have on my account are through PS Now)

Hopefully it wasn't to hard to understand me here and if anyone could answer and help me it would be much appreciated. 

Edited by Pieroluc
Add something to my topic.

2 minutes ago, Parker said:

Yes, if you log on to a PS3 with your current PSN account and play games, those games will be added to your profile. You won't run into any issues logging into a PS3. 

Parker

Thanks for the help. 

2 minutes ago, Shadiochao said:

There won't be any problems. Any PSN account can play on PS3, PS4 and Vita and earn trophies without having to do anything special

Thanks for the help. 

Just now, Commander Waffles said:

You are good to go on that PS3!  Enjoy your games!

Thanks for the help. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viper said:

Like has been said, you'll be fine. PSN isn't console based it's server based on Sony's end...so anything that uses your PSN can be connected with your account. That goes for the Vita too if you ever get one. 

Thanks for the response. I have by now already set it up like soon after I wrote that but I appreciate the response.