Game won't save

fryhole

I can play fine and collect new items and see and use them when I visit death.

But every time I quit the game (Close Application) and start it again I have to start all over from scratch.

At first I thought it was weird that I had to play through the tutorial every time I start the game.

But now I see there isn't even a save file in the Application Saved Data Management tool.

I searched everywhere to see if people were having similar problems but all I've found is one thread on reddit from 7 months ago with no replies.

• 2 weeks later...
On 28.7.2019 at 8:32 AM, fryhole said:

I can play fine and collect new items and see and use them when I visit death.

But every time I quit the game (Close Application) and start it again I have to start all over from scratch.

At first I thought it was weird that I had to play through the tutorial every time I start the game.

But now I see there isn't even a save file in the Application Saved Data Management tool.

I searched everywhere to see if people were having similar problems but all I've found is one thread on reddit from 7 months ago with no replies.

I think the game is intended like that, every time you restart it is like putting a coin into an arcade.

You can get pretty much everything you need in less than 5min so there is no real need for a save system.

It is a great game, too bad it is so obscure and overseen.

I can solve this riddle. It was once possible to save and unlock hats and weapons and so on. But the Developer thought it was a good idea to add a free update - the blueberry update - which added another world, some new gadgets and weapons and so on. Additionally they changed the saving system. It is not possible anymore. Means that you always have to unlock the stuff from scratch once you start a new game -.- i wrote them once and they never answered me. I am stuck at 90% and can't manage to finish this game because I am tired of unlocking the stuff over and over again. I will never buy another game from this developer. 

The game itself is pretty cool but I do not know why they decided to release a stupid update like this.

Edited by NathanDarko
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/6/2019 at 9:33 AM, NathanDarko said:

I can solve this riddle. It was once possible to save and unlock hats and weapons and so on. But the Developer thought it was a good idea to add a free update - the blueberry update - which added another world, some new gadgets and weapons and so on. Additionally they changed the saving system. It is not possible anymore. Means that you always have to unlock the stuff from scratch once you start a new game -.- i wrote them once and they never answered me. I am stuck at 90% and can't manage to finish this game because I am tired of unlocking the stuff over and over again. I will never buy another game from this developer. 

The game itself is pretty cool but I do not know why they decided to release a stupid update like this.

This is honestly so dumb I bought the game today,  and decided to test the save thing for items for my next playthrough.  So basically if I want to do this plat I must never play another game until it is done and put my PlayStation in rest mode every night instead of shutting it off.  Is there any way to revert the patch to the day 1 patch?

12 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

This is honestly so dumb I bought the game today,  and decided to test the save thing for items for my next playthrough.  So basically if I want to do this plat I must never play another game until it is done and put my PlayStation in rest mode every night instead of shutting it off.  Is there any way to revert the patch to the day 1 patch?

As far as I know there is no way to revert the patch. There is no physical release out as well. The game itself is not thaaat hard and once you know what to do you will probably unlock the majority of trophies by yourself. But it is annoying to unlock the stuff you need everytime you start the game. Takes only 10 minutes to get the shark and the scythe ( probably the only two things you need for platinum ) but it is annoying. The only trophy i am missing is to finish the game without dying. I reach the final boss easily alomost every second run but i somehoe can't beat this stupid skull -.- don't know why. 

Edited by NathanDarko

12 hours ago, NathanDarko said:

As far as I know there is no way to revert the patch. There is no physical release out as well. The game itself is not thaaat hard and once you know what to do you will probably unlock the majority of trophies by yourself. But it is annoying to unlock the stuff you need everytime you start the game. Takes only 10 minutes to get the shark and the scythe ( probably the only two things you need for platinum ) but it is annoying. The only trophy i am missing is to finish the game without dying. I reach the final boss easily alomost every second run but i somehoe can't beat this stupid skull -.- don't know why. 

In its current state it feels like Downwell where every run you restart because it wont save heads you get past the first level.  It saves the guns tho until I close the game.  

I feel like I would be able to plat it with time and patience to learn the game but currently I just don't have the patience for it,  eventually I will come back and give it a go but Downwell made me despise games with no progression,  if this game had a way to save progression like its supposed to it would be a roguelite but in its current state it is a roguelike.  I am curious about one thing tho.  Will I see sally after getting the teddy head for the triple jump to get over her?  Because the way my game saves right now I assume the teddy head will never be in the tree so if there is no sally after getting that head then I wont be able to get the shit head.

12 hours ago, iGGTheEnd said:

In its current state it feels like Downwell where every run you restart because it wont save heads you get past the first level.  It saves the guns tho until I close the game.  

I feel like I would be able to plat it with time and patience to learn the game but currently I just don't have the patience for it,  eventually I will come back and give it a go but Downwell made me despise games with no progression,  if this game had a way to save progression like its supposed to it would be a roguelite but in its current state it is a roguelike.  I am curious about one thing tho.  Will I see sally after getting the teddy head for the triple jump to get over her?  Because the way my game saves right now I assume the teddy head will never be in the tree so if there is no sally after getting that head then I wont be able to get the shit head.

totally feel you. they destroyed the charme of the game with killing any progress you can make. Even if all items can be achieved pretty quick this totally makes no sense. And yes, Sallys head can be found if you run to the far right of the screen at the very end. Be careful because this skull will spawn many enemies and will try to let you not reach the head.

• 6 months later...
On 22/10/2019 at 0:58 PM, NathanDarko said:

totally feel you. they destroyed the charme of the game with killing any progress you can make. Even if all items can be achieved pretty quick this totally makes no sense. And yes, Sallys head can be found if you run to the far right of the screen at the very end. Be careful because this skull will spawn many enemies and will try to let you not reach the head.

Hi,

I know this is an old threat, but you might still be interested to know that you can go back to 1.00 using this guide:

Have a good one! :)

Edit: to clarify, in the 1.00 version you can save the game.

Edited by MellowMouseNL

• 6 months later...