I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l

Is this game hard?

17 posts in this topic

I've never played any of the classic dooms, at least not properly, how hard is nightmare difficulty? 

Nightmare is tough as Hell. Monsters hit extremely hard, move very fast (even their fireballs are faster), they appear in greater numbers and more advanced demons show up earlier. On top of all that, enemies respawn over time.

You get twice as much ammo from pick-ups, but it's still pretty brutal. Thankfully it's not necessary to kill everything and the game is very speedrun friendly. I think you get unlimited respawns in co-op so you can just brute-force the game by running for keys and completing levels through a bit of trial and error.

6 hours ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

I've never played any of the classic dooms, at least not properly, how hard is nightmare difficulty? 

At this point in time I think you can simply try it directly through your web browser. A quick google search should do the trick.

Nightmare is very hard, but in ultra violence actually is pretty decent, but be careful on the episode Thy Flesh consumed. 

I've only played Ultra Violent and found some parts of that to be challenging, so I can only imagine Nightmare will be exactly as the name implies.

any tips on finishing the game in 2 hours?

is it 2 hours cumulative or In 2 hours flat

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos

2 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

any tips on finishing the game in 2 hours?

is it 2 hours cumulative or In 2 hours flat

Actually this trophy is very rare, I just finish the game and the trophy doesn't pop, so, I started again the game and 6 minutes later, after finished "Command Control" map, it pop up, that was pretty strange :S

Edited by MonsterCondo

50 minutes ago, MonsterCondo said:

Actually this trophy is very rare, I just finish the game and the trophy doesn't pop, so, I started again the game and 6 minutes later, after finished "Command Control" map, it pop up, that was pretty strange :S

Just popped for me after i shaved the time down on a level that i got a bit lost in so Its cumulative You can just keep shaving down your times

52 minutes ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

Just popped for me after i shaved the time down on a level that i got a bit lost in so Its cumulative You can just keep shaving down your times

I'm not sure if you would know, but do you think the speed run trophy would work on local co-op as well?

23 hours ago, dinostaRRHU said:

we cant pass e1m6 in nm coop, is there a secret?! 

I imagine that you are stuck in the final part of the map, where a door that you open with a switch closes after a while, don't worry it opens again.

This game is over 25 years old and I think most of you here have played it at some point. It's had over a dozen re-releases. I'm just happy it finally came to PS4 complete with a platinum trophy.

Nightmare Co-op is the only difficult trophy. I think you can beat all four episodes on the easiest difficulty. You have plenty of time to make the speed run, so don't stress out if you think two hours isn't enough.

Beating the game in Nightmare will be troublesome. Having to beat it in co op makes it tougher as enemies have two targets to aim at.

Speeding running this trophy will take a lot of coordination.

Co-op actually makes it easier than solo because you get to keep keys between spawns (i.e. the level does not 'reset' when you die). Would be a nightmare to complete if the trophy was for solo.

15 hours ago, BOOTP said:

Co-op actually makes it easier than solo because you get to keep keys between spawns (i.e. the level does not 'reset' when you die). Would be a nightmare to complete if the trophy was for solo.

Really?

Can one player flip the switch to finish a level or do both players have to finish it?

1 hour ago, reiner- said:

Really?

Can one player flip the switch to finish a level or do both players have to finish it?

Only one player needs to hit the end level switch.

5 minutes ago, BOOTP said:

Only one player needs to hit the end level switch.

Oh nice.

This will be easy as soon as I find someone to hit those switches.  😂