Is this game hard?

I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l

Nightmare is tough as Hell. Monsters hit extremely hard, move very fast (even their fireballs are faster), they appear in greater numbers and more advanced demons show up earlier. On top of all that, enemies respawn over time.

You get twice as much ammo from pick-ups, but it's still pretty brutal. Thankfully it's not necessary to kill everything and the game is very speedrun friendly. I think you get unlimited respawns in co-op so you can just brute-force the game by running for keys and completing levels through a bit of trial and error.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I-FaNTaSTiCzZ-l said:

I've never played any of the classic dooms, at least not properly, how hard is nightmare difficulty? 

At this point in time I think you can simply try it directly through your web browser. A quick google search should do the trick.

2 hours ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

any tips on finishing the game in 2 hours?

is it 2 hours cumulative or In 2 hours flat

Actually this trophy is very rare, I just finish the game and the trophy doesn't pop, so, I started again the game and 6 minutes later, after finished "Command Control" map, it pop up, that was pretty strange :S

Edited by MonsterCondo

50 minutes ago, MonsterCondo said:

Actually this trophy is very rare, I just finish the game and the trophy doesn't pop, so, I started again the game and 6 minutes later, after finished "Command Control" map, it pop up, that was pretty strange :S

Just popped for me after i shaved the time down on a level that i got a bit lost in so Its cumulative You can just keep shaving down your times

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brink-2-Chaos said:

Just popped for me after i shaved the time down on a level that i got a bit lost in so Its cumulative You can just keep shaving down your times

I'm not sure if you would know, but do you think the speed run trophy would work on local co-op as well?

This game is over 25 years old and I think most of you here have played it at some point. It's had over a dozen re-releases. I'm just happy it finally came to PS4 complete with a platinum trophy.

Nightmare Co-op is the only difficult trophy. I think you can beat all four episodes on the easiest difficulty. You have plenty of time to make the speed run, so don't stress out if you think two hours isn't enough.

15 hours ago, BOOTP said:

Co-op actually makes it easier than solo because you get to keep keys between spawns (i.e. the level does not 'reset' when you die). Would be a nightmare to complete if the trophy was for solo.

Really?

Can one player flip the switch to finish a level or do both players have to finish it?