Music genres & songs you cannot stand.

OnePieceDude

To be honest, there's at least a few songs from any genre that I really enjoy. I'll want to listen to different things when I am in different moods.

I would usually say this, as I like a lot of different music but I can honestly say that all of these physically give me headaches. No lie :S

.Country

.Justin Bieber and anyone similar

.Pretty much all Disney music

.Pop

.Modern mainstream rap such as Drake, Future, anyone who uses auto tune on their voice!!!

.That's all, I have an ear for EVERYTHING else.

Edited by -Dark Mark-

- I hate screamo music - and everything that sounds like it, because apparently there's a difference? lol sure

- I also hate extremely-country music - music about honky-tonks and crap like that, my dad likes Toby Keith and it drives me absolutely insane, haha

- Extremely overdone dubstep - There's a different between a really good dubstep song (very few of them) and one that's just WUBWUBWUBWUBBB for 3 mins

- Modern Rap & R&B - It's complicated, the beats are usually the only good thing about them, however I do love to listen to the lyrics just to laugh at that them

I'm not a fan of country. I just don't like it to be honest. And most hit songs today are pretty awful. One song that makes me wanna pull my hair out is that "Blurred Lines" song. FUCK, I hate that song so much. 

That song is absolutely terrible!!!!! "You know you want it WOOO" - repeat x100, haha

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

I used to be really into music but man does it suck nowadays. Especially with fluff acts like Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. The only recent groups I follow are Cage the Elephant and Silversun Pickups. It seems most of the acts that I like are all on classic rock stations (Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Alice in Chains, System of a Down, Soundgarden, Pantera, etc)

95% of todays music. (only good 21st century artists: Daft Punk, The White Stripes, Coldplay, Eminem, Bruno Mars, Nickelback)

You had me until you said Nickelback. Nickelback?!? Every one of their songs sound the same, the only things that change are the words . . .

Basically the mainstream garbage that's popular these days. lady gaga, nicki minaj, bieber, all the typical rap/hip hop artists etc..  I don't understand why these people are famous. There are so many good artists and bands out there ( who have actual talent) that get no recognition.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Today's rap - I grew up loving rap but that was the 80s and 90s when we had real rap like Public Enemy, Run DMC, The Beastie Boys, N.W.A. Tupac, etc. to name a few. Now it's Nicki Minaj and Drake. It's unbearable

Disney Channel/Nickelodeon Pop - (Bieber, Selena Gomez, One Direction, Arianna Grande, etc.)

Reggae - Don't know why, it just never did anything for me

• Like 1