Music genres & songs you cannot stand.

OnePieceDude

I can't stand country, as someone who grew up in a small town it's all I ever heard as a little kid.

I can't stand modern pop or rap either, I love 80's and 90's rap it's all I ever listened to in high school but I guess I grew out of it once I got into older 80's punk, metal and a lot of the sub-genres of hardcore.

I respect most musicians, therefore I'm not going to bash on any genres or songs. However, I will go ahead and say that I just can not stand Nicki Minaj. I'm not sure why, but everything she does just seems to bug me so much. I feel like she needs to just disappear. Not necessarily die, but just let us have a break from anything Nicki Minaj related.

Edited by Nickykinz
  • Like 1

Not a big fan of any type of Metal or Emo music, I also dislike most Rap and think 99% of Rappers are just wannabe Gangsters who didn't know how to fight/use a gun so they act tough instead. A lot of the Popular Girl/boy bands or singers who seem to care more about their looks and marketing than the actual music also frustrate me.

• Like 1

K Pop and Japanese music - Not sure why this has become such a trend.

Screamo/Death metal etc. - This stuff is just ridiculous in my opinion. I don't know how people can tolerate this kind of music.

Pitbull/Flo-Rida etc. - Do I really need to explain myself? How have 'artists' like these become so successful? 

Everyone signed to Simon Cowell (Excluding Labrinth; he actually has talent) - Just uurgh.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

K-Pop and J-Pop: No matter where I am whether in my friends' house, in the classroom where a classmate wants me to listen to something and then when it's either of these two genres I just say sarcastically, "It's so nice bro, you can give it to your neighbor", or even when I play PS3, my cousin plays J-Pop on my laptop.. it's just sick

*especially K-Pop where the lyrics are like "*Korean*, *Korean*, *Korean*, ONE KEY ENGLISH TAGLINE, *Korean*, *Korean*"

**(special mention) except for Open to Door(for K-Pop), because it's the guy from Sex is Zero

Screamo- For me they scream like sh*t, like "ROOOO, ROOOOO, ROOOOO, ROOOOO, ROOOOO" - just hurts my eardrums, sometimes even when I try to sleep, there's my cousin who plays Screamo music to f*ck me up

Most of pop music today... like where they repeat the lyrics to make it a song, like the song "I Got That Power" by Will.I.Am featuring *pukes* Justin *pukes* Bieber *ultimately pukes*

• 2 weeks later...

Indie rock. So boring and derivitive. I will never like indie rock.

However, I do not hate indie rock. Hate is a strong word. I understand the merits of indie rock and respect then, as much as I understand why so many people like the genre, but it is not my thing... at all. Not even remotely close...

But I like virtually everything other than that.

I take that back... I hate "screamo." Not real screamo like.... this... http://youtu.be/TrEr8sPw2J0

...Or this... http://youtu.be/CfU94uxnlhk

And not even falsely labeled, "screamo" bands like...  http://youtu.be/5FU-865PDaw

Or... http://youtu.be/pApwETjnRwc

But I hate the imaginary genre, "screamo" that idiots always yammer about. You know, the songs with

sh*t, like "ROOOO, ROOOOO, ROOOOO, ROOOOO, ROOOOO"

and encompasses every band with harsh vocals. I hate that imaginary genre that doesn't exist. That stuff sucks.

Edited by Simsm

• 2 weeks later...