What's the impact of microtransactions on gameplay / trophy hunting?

HusKy

2 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

no need to buy micros and anyone who supports that crap has no right to complain about them in the future. its everything wrong with todays video game industry and young blood was built with micros in mind.

I'm not planning to buy any microtransactions but before I buy the game, I wanna know that I don't jump into an "MTX trap". I'm happy as long as they only add cosmetic stuff or things that are not really needed. :)

7 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I'm not planning to buy any microtransactions but before I buy the game, I wanna know that I don't jump into an "MTX trap". I'm happy as long as they only add cosmetic stuff or things that are not really needed. :)

you can get everything done without micros. there are some boosters such as extra exp,ammo,gold etc but no its not needed. will be a grind to platinum regardless.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

no need to buy micros and anyone who supports that crap has no right to complain about them in the future. its everything wrong with todays video game industry and young blood was built with micros in mind.

Seriously what a waste of time hey.

What makes this on a whole other level of scumery is that the currency to buy this rubbish can not even be acquired through gameplay.

I hate to shaft the developers who undoubtedly worked hard to make this game, but this is not the type of product I want to see so I won't be supporting by buying new nor will I purchase the mtx- in this game or any game. Sad that even Wolfenstein has been tainted by this "LiVe SeRvIcE" bullcrap now. I genuinely fear for Doom Eternal and Elder Scrolls VI

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, communistwookiee said:

I love how Bethesda took all of the good will that they had, and over the course of a single year just flipped the shit switch and pissed it all away. Lies and garbage with Fallout 76, stuffing MTX in everything, the Doom DRM debacle. What happened?

They've always been trash.... you lot are just finally waking up to the fact.

1 minute ago, gameoncomrade said:

Not always. They've just gotten much worse over the last few years.

This^

I used to be a moderate Bethesda fan but a combination of the Fallout 76 dumpster fire and the piss poor Fallout 4 DLCs (along with the addition of premium mods) killed what little respect I had for them and will no longer be buying any of their games (at least not brand new).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Seems like they have removed the double exp/coin boosters. Now you can only buy extra armor/hp boosters with in game currency.

I noticed this as well today. The boosters are cheap now. Only about 200 silver coins iirc, which isn’t half bad if you’re trying to muscle your way through a particularly difficult area (which I haven’t encountered yet).

Now you can only buy power suit skins (purely cosmetic) with gold bars.