250 Headshots not unlocking... and others.

Hi everyone, 

Completed crushing, brutal and the speedrun trophies and was just mopping the rest up. 

Others have been unlocking fine but I cannot get the 250 headshots to unlock. In the stats I have well over 400 headshots so does anyone know what the issue is?

Also...

The speed trophies for chapter 5, 12 and 16 which are in the base game trophy list. I just whizzed through chapter 5  on easy with 1 hit kills but still nothing. My speedrun mode was actually 00:10:08 (8 frikkin seconds over haha). I got the chapter 12 speed trophy whilst in speedrun so do the others have to be done in that mode also? Just confused with the trophies actually being in the base game list is all. 

20 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Hi everyone, 

Completed crushing, brutal and the speedrun trophies and was just mopping the rest up. 

Others have been unlocking fine but I cannot get the 250 headshots to unlock. In the stats I have well over 400 headshots so does anyone know what the issue is?

Also...

The speed trophies for chapter 5, 12 and 16 which are in the base game trophy list. I just whizzed through chapter 5  on easy with 1 hit kills but still nothing. My speedrun mode was actually 00:10:08 (8 frikkin seconds over haha). I got the chapter 12 speed trophy whilst in speedrun so do the others have to be done in that mode also? Just confused with the trophies actually being in the base game list is all. 

Having just gone through the game pretty quickly on both runs, it does seem like the Chapter specific timed things have to be done on the speedrun mode. You can use the chapter select and set it to "Speedrun practice" and it will unlock anyway though, but from my experience those trophies don't pop on campaign mode.

14 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

Having just gone through the game pretty quickly on both runs, it does seem like the Chapter specific timed things have to be done on the speedrun mode. You can use the chapter select and set it to "Speedrun practice" and it will unlock anyway though, but from my experience those trophies don't pop on campaign mode.

Cheers

I have a theory about the 250 headshots as well. 

If I got 150 headshots on crushing, then started on brutal but moved all rewards across and got 100 headshots, this wouldn't amount to 250 combined but rather 100 as I have overwritten crushing stats with brutal stats... possibly.

I noticed it when playing chapter 4 on easy to do some mopping up and when going for the 5 x 3 explosive kills I again got the reward for triple explosive kill even though I had unlocked it on my crushing playthough. So I could either go back and play some chapters on crushing or brutal, or just start new playthrough. New play will most likely be the best bet eh?

2 hours ago, DaveMcDamage said:

Cheers

I have a theory about the 250 headshots as well. 

If I got 150 headshots on crushing, then started on brutal but moved all rewards across and got 100 headshots, this wouldn't amount to 250 combined but rather 100 as I have overwritten crushing stats with brutal stats... possibly.

I noticed it when playing chapter 4 on easy to do some mopping up and when going for the 5 x 3 explosive kills I again got the reward for triple explosive kill even though I had unlocked it on my crushing playthough. So I could either go back and play some chapters on crushing or brutal, or just start new playthrough. New play will most likely be the best bet eh?

I noticed some of my grinds came in a bit late, or even popped twice ingame even after using the same save file. It was off but I didn't see anything as bad as the headshot count thing you're having. I would just go through a fresh run tbh, it should only take a couple hours to get that number naturally.

38 minutes ago, SkyMason said:

I noticed some of my grinds came in a bit late, or even popped twice ingame even after using the same save file. It was off but I didn't see anything as bad as the headshot count thing you're having. I would just go through a fresh run tbh, it should only take a couple hours to get that number naturally.

Yeah I will have to do that. 

I think 250 headshots must be done in one playthrough otherwise the stat just goes to s**t. I tried starting a new game without carrying over the rewards and unlocks but guess what, its still carries over the rewards and unlocks. In many areas Blue Point wrecked the f**k out of this. Also noticed that it gave me medals for 10, 20 and 100 headshots but not 30 headshots. So broken. 

I think I will go for the chapter speed runs and then get the stealth kills, although that could probably be broken too. So once the speed chapters are done I will just erase all profile and save data and go for the headshots and stealth kills.

Almost 4 playtrhough required. S**t! Not sure I will bother with the sequels. 

EDIT

Something strange but awesome happened. I was going for the speed chapter trophies. Unlock chapter 16 trophy and then went to do chapter 5. Half way through 5 I shoot a guy and the 250 headshot trophy unlocks??? Looked at the stat and it reads 483. So frikkin odd. But glad that s**t is done with. 

Last trophy to get is the stealth kills and I think the quickest area for that is around chapter 11 or something with the guy walking up the stairs. 

If I move on to Uncharted 2, I will frikkin make sure headshots and stuff are all done in one playthrough. 

Edited by DaveMcDamage
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I was having similar problems with stat numbers not popping trophies, and determined what the issue might be. When I started the game, I had to start fresh (had replaced my PS4, and either my Plus subscription was down the last time I played or something funky happened with the files) but my stats profile save was still there and counting. When my headshot trophy popped, I was around ~370 headshots; the shotgun trophy popped when I was at 94. When I started, the stats were reading as being ~100 headshots and 44 shotgun kills.

Similar situation with Dyno-Mite Master and Steel Fist; already had the trophy for one 3 kill explosion, but still had to do it 5 times for the trophy, and I’m sure I’d done at least one or two Steel Fists before, but still took the full number for the trophy to pop.

So it’s either tied to the game progress save, not the profile save, or patches/reinstallation/switching games resets the count but not the statistics page.

• Like 1