Trophy Addiction help

UndeadBerserker7

Hopefully this spot's alright to post this, this is mostly just to ask if maybe anyone else have been in the same place as I am currently am at (again).

I know we're on a site that keeps track of our in game accomplishments but I have once again fallen into a spot that anytime I play a game it's always in the back of my mind screaming to grab trophies.

It's at a point now that I'm not really having fun gaming now, I have turned off notifications on both my PS3 and Vita and taken some time off to maybe burn the fagituge out.

I was wondering if maybe anyone else who has been in the same place that I have maybe have some other idea's or suggestions to get myself back to where I can enjoy a game without it knawing in my mind.

Any help would be appreciated, hopefully I haven't made this to confusing either my mind gets quite a bit jumbled when typing stuff out especially.

Thank you.

28 minutes ago, UndeadBerserker7 said:

Hopefully this spot's alright to post this, this is mostly just to ask if maybe anyone else have been in the same place as I am currently am at (again).

I know we're on a site that keeps track of our in game accomplishments but I have once again fallen into a spot that anytime I play a game it's always in the back of my mind screaming to grab trophies.

It's at a point now that I'm not really having fun gaming now, I have turned off notifications on both my PS3 and Vita and taken some time off to maybe burn the fagituge out.

I was wondering if maybe anyone else who has been in the same place that I have maybe have some other idea's or suggestions to get myself back to where I can enjoy a game without it knawing in my mind.

Any help would be appreciated, hopefully I haven't made this to confusing either my mind gets quite a bit jumbled when typing stuff out especially.

Thank you.

Well if you feel like sharing, what do you have going on in your personal life? I usually try to focus on that and my job if I start to get burnt out on Trophy Hunting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skateak said:

Well if you feel like sharing, what do you have going on in your personal life? I usually try to focus on that and my job if I start to get burnt out on Trophy Hunting.

Sadly not a whole lot without going through the entire thing I acquired a severe brain injury back in September 2013.

Pretty much fully recovered from that (besides short term memory and being in better shape than before) I was in College last year until I had a relapse which I've also recovered from awhile ago.

Only things I have that I really do at the moment is pretty isolated I won't lie, playing games, watching anime, reading and outings is pretty much my whole life for awhile now (and going to a Con that last 3 years at the end of May)

I however do have plans to go back to College soon and do a course I'm pretty interested in and possibly some volunteering soon.

Sorry that I put so much down again and thank you for your reply and I really do strongly agree once I can finally get going again.

I kinda had a bit of a burn out a few years ago when it came to trophy hunting. Figured it was better if I just stuck to online games for a little while (Overwatch, ESO), and spent more time off of the PS4 for a while. About a year and a half later I picked it back up again, the time off really helped with the fatigue.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GrinTwist said:

I kinda had a bit of a burn out a few years ago when it came to trophy hunting. Figured it was better if I just stuck to online games for a little while (Overwatch, ESO), and spent more time off of the PS4 for a while. About a year and a half later I picked it back up again, the time off really helped with the fatigue.

Kind of had a similar thought that maybe if I took maybe even a month or 2 break maybe it will kill the addiction off a bit.

It worked once or twice in the past for me but always comes back although it kills it for at least a bit, thanks for the thought :)

43 minutes ago, UndeadBerserker7 said:

Kind of had a similar thought that maybe if I took maybe even a month or 2 break maybe it will kill the addiction off a bit.

It worked once or twice in the past for me but always comes back although it kills it for at least a bit, thanks for the thought :)

No problem, sometimes we just have burnout with something that we enjoy. I might even suggest switching over to a different console like a Switch or an old school console (I was able to buy a gamecube for $100) since those systems aren't trophy based it might be able to help get you back into enjoying games for what they are. You don't necessarily need to go on a three month long break just to get away from trophy hunting, but instead just switch over to whatever console and relax a bit from the hunt. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GrinTwist said:

No problem, sometimes we just have burnout with something that we enjoy. I might even suggest switching over to a different console like a Switch or an old school console (I was able to buy a gamecube for $100) since those systems aren't trophy based it might be able to help get you back into enjoying games for what they are. You don't necessarily need to go on a three month long break just to get away from trophy hunting, but instead just switch over to whatever console and relax a bit from the hunt. 

Guess that's a good option too, again thanks.