Help in my Quest to 10,000

Andrew1990M

I'm trying to get to 10,000 trophies this year, and I like to have these milestones marked by a platinum. More specifically, I like to 'double up' on the Trophy Milestones on my page.

To that end, I'm trying to make my 10,000 trophy and 125th platinum the same trophy (probably the platinum for Blazblue CrossTag Battle).

But to get there I need you guys to help me. I'm looking for games (preferably without their own platinum) to pad out my numbers. Are there any cheap/free/easy/fun games you know of that have a good 40-50 trophies, but no platinum? I was looking at Warframe, but are those trophies easy? Is all the DLC free?

Please let me know, what are good games to help me on my way to 10,000 without getting too many more platinums? I have a PS4 and a PSTV.

Both Hitman PS4 games, King's Quest, The Walking Dead Season 2 (all have tons of trophies, no platinum).

There's also Gems of War, but like Warframe, I vividly advice you to stay away from them.. those 2 will likely never stop getting trophies add to them and are huge time and/or money sinkers.. (I say that, as the very first person to 100% the base list on Gems of War.. you wouldn't believe how much I regret that mindless grind, since I know that I will never 100% the full list for sure..).

I could suggest you other games (Beyond Good and Evil, Primal, Hatoful Boyfriend, Child of Light, Journey, Flower, some SNK games aren't to hard either), but those usually only have 12-20 trophies at max, so you may not want to play them.

If you want, take a look at my profile for non-plat games, I have quite a lot of them (specially more recently, since I'm avoiding to earn platinums while I work in Dark Cloud 2 for my 200th plat milestone, but I'm not particularly looking to increase my trophy count, that's actually why I didn't started Hitman or King's Quest yet).

Edit: Just looked at your profile... ya, Hitman is out of the way :lol:, and you could replay TWD Season 2 on PS4, but I would advice against double 100% that..

Actually, I did find your profile quite similar to mine in a lot of ways, except for the FPS games.. Quite a nice list!

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

First off, I just wanted to mention that just because a game has a Plat doesn't mean you have to earn it on your way to 10k.  You can always stop short and then earn the plat later after you reach your preferred milestones.

With that said, there's a few games that come to mind that don't have plats.  A couple I've played recently, like Walking Dead Season 2 and Walking Dead Michonne.  Both are on ps3 and ps4, and season 2 is also on vita, so that's a lot of trophies if you wish to fork over the cash (120 for season 2 on 3 platforms, 42 for michonne on 2 platforms).  Also the older telltale games like sam and max, strongbad, and jurassic park all have a good amount of trophies and no plats. 

If you do have a vita, also keep in mind that there's a few quick games with no plats that you can get for free.  It's been a while since I played them, but I remember Welcome Park, Park Paint Plus, and Breakquest: Extra Evolution being pretty quick and easy (they took me 1 hour, 6 minutes, and a day and a half, respectively).  I also remember Hokokum being pretty fun and easy.  Valiant Hearts isn't too long, you could probably knock it out in an afternoon.  Unfinished Swam is also a good one, it has 3 distinct trophy lists and is quick and easy.

On a separate note, I just recently hit 200 Plats and 10k total trophies myself.  I doubled up my 5k and 100 Plat milestones and decided to avoid that this time around, but I do similar to you in picking what I want and trying to orchestrate that.  It makes it more fun :)  So good luck on 10k!

HiQ Ace, free on store 5 trophies

Unearthed - 7

Daytona USA - 12

Sonic The Fighters - 12

Carnivorous HD - 12

Tennis in the Face - 12

Mousecraft - 12

The Swapper - 10

Titan Attacks - 13

Stick it to the Man - 16 

Contrast - 21

Proteus - 11

Super Hang On - 12

Linger in Shadows - 16

Datura - 10

Thanks for these suggestions, I'll be looking into things like NBA Playgrounds, Michonne, Back to the Future and Before the Storm, but outside of those I'm really just looking for games that have a lot of trophies (I'm okay with games that have Platinums, it just means they'll count for two less than their total since I won't be finishing them until after the 10,000/125').

On 28/07/2019 at 11:05 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

Edit: Just looked at your profile... ya, Hitman is out of the way :lol:, and you could replay TWD Season 2 on PS4, but I would advice against double 100% that..

I take it I have to completely replay all of Hitman to 100% Hitman 2? That killed my interest in the game dead (and I was a huge Hitman guy before). Even if all the Hitman 1 stuff unlocked automatically from booting up Hitman 2 that would just feel cheap to me.

Do you know if any of your PSVita suggestions play on PSTV?

5 hours ago, Andrew1990M said:

I take it I have to completely replay all of Hitman to 100% Hitman 2? That killed my interest in the game dead (and I was a huge Hitman guy before). Even if all the Hitman 1 stuff unlocked automatically from booting up Hitman 2 that would just feel cheap to me.

Do you know if any of your PSVita suggestions play on PSTV?

Ya, I think that I read that Hitman 2 have everything from Hitman 1, and has DLC trophies for all that stuff.. 

As for the games that I suggested, I believe all are available on ps4 (I wasn't really thinking about the Vita at the time). 

Hatoful Boyfriend should be playable on Vita TV, since there's no touch commands, if I'm not wrong. 

Child of Light may not be playable, since there's touch commands in it. 

But I rarely use Vita TV, so, I'm unsure on what works on it. 

Also, if platinum games are an option, why not something like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider or Drive club? 

All those have 100+ trophies.. 

As another mentioned, you could try both Ride of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Although both have platinums, with DLC they both add up to over 200 trophies and appear to be fairly easy. Once your get your milestone, just got back and earn the platinums. Also see you haven't started Hitman 2 unless I missed something.

You could also go back and clean up any DLC you own, those are trophies that don't effect your platinum goal. 

Edited by rotoninja

Walking dead season 2 has no plat, is easy, but not free ^^'

Or just to make it easy, simply play what you want, platinum or not, and just leave an easy trophy not done so you dont get it right now and can wait until your goal is done :)

Edited by seblegamer

• 3 weeks later...

Update for you all, I'm well passed 9,400 now, with roughly 200 unearned trophies I could get without purchasing more software.

If I get King's Quest, Before the Storm and Back to the Future they add up to over 100 too, so we're looking now for 300 trophies worth of games (I'm sorry but I'm not interested in Hitman 2 or Tomb Raider).

• 6 months later...

I'm back again. I've been reading through this thread again to get ideas on a quicker way to 11,000/150 this time.

I've picked up Rise of the Tomb Raider and Minecraft, so I have enough games already to get to 10,500 pretty easily, but has anything come out last year that I've missed?

I also have Battlefront 2 now, what are those trophies like to try and get in 2020? Still enough players around?