Labyrinth Life Trophy Discussion

Walt the Dog

The usual thread as usual.

Trophies look like standard RPG fare. A fair amount of grind as well as making you see everything in the game. Curious what the 200k score trophy might be for, though.

Also wondering if this might actually go into Ultra Rare status given that both Omega Labyrinth and Omega Labyrinth Z are Very Rare despite being Japan-only releases while Life is multi-language and therefore more likely to get picked up at random. Certain controversies may drag the number of owners down some, but time will tell what happens, I guess.

Edited by Walt the Dog
  • Like 2

Can't see it being Ultra Rare, the people that play this will be low so only a smaller amount of people need to get the plat for it to not be an ultra rare.
You could always use fake accounts to make it lower tho :D

I think I will stick with the switch the version, don't want to support this decision at all.
But who knows I might play both if I enjoy the switch version enough to see how many changes were made and for well trophies.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

It'll have a few owners ignorant of the way the game was mutilated for them. 

Sorry but covered up pixels isn't something to cry over if the gameplay is still intact. I'll be getting it regardless

Edited by majob
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, majob said:

Sorry but covered up pixels isn't something to cry over if the gameplay is still intact. I'll be getting it regardless

Imo, the censored parts are integral to a game like this. The whole point of these games is to have some excuse of gameplay that rewards the player with some ecchi content. So, technically, the gameplay is being affected.

It's a shame that it has to be this way. At least it will be interesting to see the PS4 vs. Switch sales.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I like dungeon crawlers, so I may buy this one day.

Hey,

Please don't derail this thread with other things. Also, @Arin1979 take a look at rule #5.

It does not distort the theme, the theme of the game is about what we all know and very clear censorship issues, with that gif even if I don't write I say many things.

It will be interesting to see how this game sells on PS4 since it is one of the few Mystery Dungeon like game available on PS4.

I believe only Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! and Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics are the only other Mystery Dungeon games on PS4.

10 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I think I will stick with the switch the version, don't want to support this decision at all.

Sony made the decision and they won't be hurt by not supporting this. The ones who will be are the developers who worked to make sure Playstation players can at least get something, even if it's in a heavily censored state

45 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

It will be interesting to see how this game sells on PS4 since it is one of the few Mystery Dungeon like game available on PS4.

I believe only Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon EVERY BUDDY! and Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics are the only other Mystery Dungeon games on PS4.

I don't know if they qualify as Mystery Dungeon-like, but Touhou Genso Wanderer, Touhou Genso Wanderer Reloaded and Shiren the Wanderer all look pretty similiar

Edit: Oh, nevermind, Shiren isn't actually on PS4

Edited by Shadiochao
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, majob said:

Not just censored images but an entire mode of interaction removed. But fine, if you want to be treated like a child go ahead.

1 hour ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I like dungeon crawlers, so I may buy this one day.

Hey,

Please don't derail this thread with other things. Also, @Arin1979 take a look at rule #5.

A picture paints a thousand words. And what a picture!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

You're pretty much right, there are a few ones that aren't translated like  the Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san one. You also have the super obscure games like DragonFangZ, or completely broken like Dragon Fin Soup. Besides that, there is Cladun, Crypt of the Necrodancer, and the Touhou ones.

As for the trophies, it looks fairly standard for the series with the completion of all normal dungeons and post game dungeons, completing all items, and getting all gallery images. It is a bit interesting to see that there are like 3 or 4 different compendium completion trophies, suggesting there are quite a few more items in this game. In exchange, the all skills trophy is wrapped into 1 trophy and you only need to get 1 item to +99. I guess the rarity will fully depend on how hard it is to complete every compendium like Z did. (I don't want to justify the silliness of the original requiring you to run the final post game dungeon 10 times to get +9 of the ultimate weapon)

4 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Imo, the censored parts are integral to a game like this. The whole point of these games is to have some excuse of gameplay that rewards the player with some ecchi content. So, technically, the gameplay is being affected.

It's a shame that it has to be this way. At least it will be interesting to see the PS4 vs. Switch sales.

Well I had no idea what the gameplay was beyond the rogue like elements so that's interesting to hear. I knew ecchi was involved but not to what degree

2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Not just censored images but an entire mode of interaction removed. But fine, if you want to be treated like a child go ahead.

I'm not really going to shed a tear about a minigame and there's no one treating me like a child when I choose on my own to buy something. Not everyone is obsessed with sexuality in their media. I don't agree with Sony's policy but not because I need T&A in my entertainment

• Like 4

Original game is 4/10 easy, Shinigami is the only enemy that was somewhat threatening. Codex fills naturally as well, none of that Sorcery Saga-tier autism.

I'd attribute relatively high rarity to the grindy parts and lack of proper guide. No way in hell it will go into ultra-rare territory.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Off topic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, majob said:

Well I had no idea what the gameplay was beyond the rogue like elements so that's interesting to hear. I knew ecchi was involved but not to what degree

I'm not really going to shed a tear about a minigame and there's no one treating me like a child when I choose on my own to buy something. Not everyone is obsessed with sexuality in their media. I don't agree with Sony's policy but not because I need T&A in my entertainment

So you say you don't care as no gameplay is removed, I show you it is and you respond by saying that, well, that isn't gameplay you care about. You also state you had "no idea" what the gameplay even is...I think you just want to push your point that sexualised content has no value. For whatever reason. Well in a game like this it's a large part of the point. It's clear you don't care about or know about the game though, so it's strange you even respond.

55 minutes ago, majob said:

This is essentially why I'm getting it in the first place. They released the game when they could have not done it at all and I want to support that. The policy only bothers me in regards to the games that DON'T get released because of it

The game hasn't been released, only part of it. The name has even been changed to emphasise this point.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, majob said:

I know what the CORE gameplay is, I did not know what the censored elements were. The core gameplay is still there, what was removed was a minigame where you play with a girl's breasts to obtain items. I'm not going to cry about a minigame when the core gameplay is still there to be enjoyed. Its not uncommon at all for a Japanese game to remove certain mini games with an overseas release. The Yakuza series used to remove mini games that were tied heavily to Japanese media and culture that people overseas were unlikely to understand. It happens. Core game is still there, untouched.

I also never said the sexualized elements had no value, you're putting words in my mouth now. I merely said not everyone is upset about their removal and that's true in my case as I don't really care.  And one minigame hasn't changed most of the risqué nature of the game. Does that justify the removal? No, but I won't cry my eyes out over it as the game itself is still there.  

If you support the removal of something you are against it. It you support the censorship of something you are against it. If you are against something you either accept it has no value or do not care about that value being taken away from others. It's possible to not care about something yet still take a principled position against censoring it for the sake of those who do care or because the poison of censorship will likely impact something you do care about soon enough.

And so far the only Yakuza game that had parts removed, as far as I'm aware, was 3. The creator later said that was a mistake and he won't do it again. It was because he didn't think a western audience would understand, but now agrees it's best to keep the Japanese flavour. Nevertheless, as they may be overuled by Sony on the remasters I'm not buying any until it's clear none are censored from their last gen iterations. Which is a shame as I loved Zero, but I know I'll just get annoyed if things are removed from a game half way through a series and I can't play it.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

If you support the removal of something you are against it. It you support the censorship of something you are against it. If you are against something you either accept it has no value or do not care about that value being taken away from others. It's possible to not care about something yet still take a principled position against censoring it for the sake of those who do care or because the poison of censorship will likely impact something you do care about soon enough.

And so far the only Yakuza game that had parts removed, as far as I'm aware, was 3. The creator later said that was a mistake and he won't do it again. It was because he didn't think a western audience would understand, but now agrees it's best to keep the Japanese flavour. Nevertheless, as they may be overuled by Sony on the remasters I'm not buying any until it's clear none are censored from their last gen iterations. Which is a shame as I loved Zero, but I know I'll just get annoyed if things are removed from a game half way through a series and I can't play it.

I never said I supported the removal of anything, you're putting words in my mouth again. My principled decision is to support developers and publishers whom are going out of their way to publish this game for me to enjoy when they could have cancelled it altogether. You have your stance, i have mine, best to leave it at that.

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

While I don't care that much, I bought Senran Kagura Burst Renewal despite the censored b/s, it's definitely something to complain about.

The whole "it's so minor who cares" attitude works the other way too.. and the default state then gets the edge in the argument. "It's just some pixels, so there's no reason to censor it or complain." Since that's how the game was actually intended to be... and every shit thing in the industry right now started small. So don't be silly and roll over just because it's "small"... lest we get more emboldened attempts at censorship like Devil May Cry 5. Or like Nintendo outright banning Binding of Issac way back, it took them flopping around like a magikarp to get their shit together and stop restricting content to that level.

"It's just a few bucks a month", now we can't play online on any console for free [short of a minor set of F2P games which all have their own share of money making mechanics that started smaller than their current standard]. And digital pricing started at $10-15 and slowly went to $15-20, now it's $20 and sometimes all the way up to $40 for a full on digital game. (excluding retail games that don't get physical localizations in some countries).

I bought Senran as well, on the PS4 and Steam, I haven't played either yet however. The policy isn't backed by a moral platform, it's backed by a political one. They're not arguing about the age, they're arguing about how it might "offend someone". My post was that not everyone was as concerned with the missing sexual elements than the more, "upset" fans are. I never said to dismiss the concern altogether. It's not about rolling over, It's about ensuring the people who have to bite the bullet still get supported for ensuring playstation fans can still play their games. The policy isn't their fault, it's Sony's and letting those developers ad publishers suffer to the point where their games simply are no longer released for the platform would look more like vindication for those hacks at SIE than a warning. These are niche games, they aren't going to cry their eyes out over the meager revenue from the leaving of these game's fans to another platform. The only people losing out are Playstation owners.

• Like 2