Walt the Dog

Labyrinth Life Trophy Discussion

44 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, majob said:

I never said I supported the removal of anything, you're putting words in my mouth again. My principled decision is to support developers and publishers whom are going out of their way to publish this game for me to enjoy when they could have cancelled it altogether. You have your stance, i have mine, best to leave it at that.

 

I bought Senran as well, on the PS4 and Steam, I haven't played either yet however. The policy isn't backed by a moral platform, it's backed by a political one. They're not arguing about the age, they're arguing about how it might "offend someone". My post was that not everyone was as concerned with the missing sexual elements than the more, "upset" fans are. I never said to dismiss the concern altogether. It's not about rolling over, It's about ensuring the people who have to bite the bullet still get supported for ensuring playstation fans can still play their games. The policy isn't their fault, it's Sony's and letting those developers ad publishers suffer to the point where their games simply are no longer released for the platform would look more like vindication for those hacks at SIE than a warning. These are niche games, they aren't going to cry their eyes out over the meager revenue from the leaving of these game's fans to another platform. The only people losing out are Playstation owners.

 

 

But you realise that by purchasing on PlayStation you will encourage the publisher to censor across the board because it's cheaper than making multiple copies of the game? You may be punishing PlayStation owners by not buying, but you are punishing the owner of every "supported" platform by buying censored games rather than standing up and being heard (well you aren't punishing those who don't care about the censored content, but that is a small niche of an already niche genre).

Edited by thefourfoldroot
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Lol. Seriously? We are having a discussion and because you, seemingly, cannot counter my points you just say "it doesn't matter weirdo, get over it and let it happen". I have a logically consistent principled position, whereas you seem to shut your eyes and refuse to listen (much like a fanatical adherent to your own world view) and you choose to sign off by calling me names.

Yes, the world turns and the sun will come up of course, but will it rise on a world more or less free should people hold my principles or bend the knee to those seeking to control as you do?

Happened the same to me with that unironic "doomer" lmao (his replies were deleted aswell as mine for some reason), what I love is that he wrote me a paragraph filled up with pretty much nothing and claiming he doesnt care about anything or anyone, yet he took his time to leave me such reply about a topic that "bothers" him but didnt he said he doesnt care? :hmm:

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, M1138147 said:

*snip*

You say you don't really care to talk to anyone here, yet literally all of your posts on this account have been to whine about the fact that anyone cares about the censorship at all and how you had "real" things to care about, as if everyone is obligated only to care about stopping the worst things imaginable. If you're not going to actually talk about the issue at hand instead of rambling about how you have mental illnesses and fought in wars, I would recommend going somewhere else.

 

Also, if you really think people whining about censorship of anime tiddy is going to pose a credible threat to gaming, I don't really know what to tell you considering that in the huge ecosystem of gaming, it's such a small issue compared to, say, pretty much anything that happens in the AAA sphere or even with more popular indie titles.

Edited by Walt the Dog
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty epic gamer moments in this thread 😆 👌

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that one guys posts got deleted, good. He was disrespectful and a total nutcase.

 

As for this game, you'll support the devs by buying it on PS. I feel they cut more content then they needed to, though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, PeachXHime said:

I see that one guys posts got deleted, good. He was disrespectful and a total nutcase.

 

As for this game, you'll support the devs by buying it on PS. I feel they cut more content then they needed to, though.

Personally, I'll support the genre by not buying on PS4. I appreciate the devs were put in a tough spot due to Sony's moving if the goalposts mid way through development, but if publishers see PS4 is still the largest market for games in the genre they will be censored at the development stage and the genre will be much poorer for it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

But you realise that by purchasing on PlayStation you will encourage the publisher to censor across the board because it's cheaper than making multiple copies of the game? You may be punishing PlayStation owners by not buying, but you are punishing the owner of every "supported" platform by buying censored games rather than standing up and being heard (well you aren't punishing those who don't care about the censored content, but that is a small niche of an already niche genre).

You're merely jumping to conclusions now and I had this discussion with you about this earlier where you had nothing but your assumptions to go by. These companies know full and well their fanbase would prefer the unaltered game but they also want to use the PlayStation platform and they abide by Sony's rules. Just stop. 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, majob said:

You're merely jumping to conclusions now and I had this discussion with you about this earlier where you had nothing but your assumptions to go by. These companies know full and well their fanbase would prefer the unaltered game but they also want to use the PlayStation platform and they abide by Sony's rules. Just stop. 

I know they know this. Any idiot knows that fans of the genre don't want their games censored. It's also clear they want to use Sony's platform and so are forced to provide mutilated version of their games to get approval. 

The point I made, clearly stated, is that PLAYERS encouraging censored iterations of these products on PS4 is a bad thing for the genre they supposedly enjoy. PS4, through their published and clear market dominance, will be the defacto standard for devs without the will or resources to make multiple versions of their games. Supporting censored games on PS4 is supporting the genre being censored at the development stage on all platforms. This is not assumption. This is logic.

 

Edit: wow, I just saw for the first time in a while the title of this thread. I apologise for my part in taking us so off topic (well, still about the game, but not the trophies).

Edited by thefourfoldroot
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the game is out over here now, the PS4 version has a standard and a deluxe version.
I think it also said there were 31 add-ons you can buy on the store as well.

I have made up my mind that I will play the Switch version, if I enjoy the game I will do it for the PS4 as well just for the trophies :D

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Does anyone know if all the regions of this game got censored? Cause I read an article and it said that the "Oppai Rock-Paper-Scissors System" got cut but the Asia verison on Play-Asia says otherwise, so I'm just curious to see what was actually cut. I mean, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't own a Switch, so I'll have to get the PS4 verison if I decided to pick up this game.

Edited by xAmaezingx
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm, looks like this isn't the NA trophy list cause it's doin the old not syncing thing. I know this is kinda the "joke" version they made with stuff taken out but how much could be taken out if there's still a trophy for "had all characters attain Z Bust Mode" x3

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, xAmaezingx said:

Does anyone know if all the regions of this game got censored? Cause I read an article and it said that the "Oppai Rock-Paper-Scissors System" got cut but the Asia verison on Play-Asia says otherwise, so I'm just curious to see what was actually cut. I mean, it doesn't really matter to me. I don't own a Switch, so I'll have to get the PS4 verison if I decided to pick up this game.

 

1 hour ago, Cephi said:

Hmmm, looks like this isn't the NA trophy list cause it's doin the old not syncing thing. I know this is kinda the "joke" version they made with stuff taken out but how much could be taken out if there's still a trophy for "had all characters attain Z Bust Mode" x3

This the full list of changes per each version (This was taken from the Japanese announcement I just assume the west is also the same)
 

Title Omega Labyrinth Life (Switch) Labyrinth Life (PS4)
Platform Switch PlayStation 4
Release Date August 1, 2018 (Japan) August 1, 2018 (Japan)
Price 7,800 yen (physical or digital) 5,800 yen (physical or digital)
Resolution
  • TV Mode: 1920×1080
  • Handheld Mode: 1280×720
1920×1080
Frame Rate 60 frames per second (this may fluctuate during gameplay) 60 frames per second (this may fluctuate during gameplay)
Save Data Only save per account (save data can be backed up via Nintendo Switch Online) Three saves per account (save data can be uploaded and downloaded to and from PlayStation Network via the in-game menu)
Trophies Supported
“Faint in Agony Flowering” System Illustrations Includes “Normal” and “Full Bloom Break” illustrations Includes only “Normal” illustrations
Scenes Play touch events (acquired amount of experience points differs depending on the outcome of the touch event) Scenes are skipped after the “Normal” illustrations are displayed (players acquire a fixed amount of experience points)
“Oppai Appraisal” System Illustrations Includes “Oppai Appraisal” illustrations
Scenes Play touch events after performing an “Oppai Appraisal” (the object placed in between the character’s breasts can be changed) After performing an “Oppai Appraisal,” the scene automatically skips (the object placed in between the breasts does not appear in the game)
“Oppai Rock-Paper-Scissors” System Control breasts to play rock-paper-scissors Play rock-paper-scissors with Labyrinth Life-exclusive scenes
“Hot Springs” Events Illustrations Includes every character’s hot springs illustration Includes every character’s hot springs illustration (the amount of steam in the illustrations is partially different from Omega Labyrinth Life)
Scenes Includes the “Illustration Touch” and “Illustration Zoom-In / Zoom-Out” features Includes the “Illustration Zoom-In / Zoom-Out” feature
“Holy Flower Flora”-Dedicated Events Illustrations Includes “Holy Flower Flora”-dedicated event illustrations Includes “Holy Flower Flora”-dedicated event illustrations
Scenes Play touch events Scenes are skipped after the illustrations are displayed
PTA (Pai Touch Action) (character illustration touch gameplay and reactions) Supported Not supported
Gallery Feature View the illustrations included in Omega Labyrinth Life View the illustrations included in Labyrinth Life
Oppai (Big Breasts) Enlargeable (up to Z-cup) (depending on the change in bust size, the character’s status and illustration change) Enlargeable (up to Z-cup) (depending on the change in bust size, the character’s status and illustration change)
Chippai (Small Breasts) Enlargeable (up to Z-cup) (depending on the change in bust size, the character’s status and illustration change) Enlargeable (up to Z-cup) (depending on the change in bust size, the character’s status and illustration change)
Seductive Oppai Like ‘Em (Love ‘Em) Like ‘Em (Love ‘Em)
Other Notes
  • Content in the opening movie and ending partially differs in each version depending on the illustration
  • Labyrinth Life only includes the character calls for some characters on the title screen after starting up the game
  • The included characters, character skills, monsters items, story, dungeon, difficulty settings, etc. are the same between each version
Edited by fisty123
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fisty123 said:

This the full list of changes per each version (This was taken from the Japanese announcement I just assume the west is also the same)

Thank you for sharing! I would assume that the West would have the same, especially if the Asia physical copy of the game supports English text language. 

 

A lot of people can complain that a lot of "content" is pulled from the game (I'm not disagreeing) but it's honestly what I expected. It's pretty much cutscenes that has to deal with the emphasis on boobs, the touching of the boobs in the minigame(s), and added "steam" in the Hot Springs.

 

Seems like nothing too serious in my opinion, unless if that steam in that hot spring scene is overly dramatic and covers the whole screen then that's my issue. Besides that this game looks interesting enough to get my purchase.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yeah honestly that doesn't seem so bad at all, I thought they would be taking out anything even remotely sexual. Would have been funnier that way honestly x3

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems there are a few glitched trophies in this game.

Z Cup Zenith popped for me when I definitely had not achieved Z with every character. I'm thinking it just counts the number of times you reach Z instead of counting for each character.

Art Afficionado isn't popping for me even when I reach 100% in the Curio Codex, which I've done twice now - I downloaded my save after I achieved 100% and the trophy didn't pop the first time. When you go into the Curio Codex, the top of the screen says "Object Codex," and I'm not really sure what else the Object Codex would be, so I'm guessing that's it. Edit: When you get your last curio, you may need to place it before it registers. When you're sure your Curio/Object Codex is at 100%, use the flower dial and your trophy should pop.

I haven't achieved Faith in Friends yet, but my friend has. He said he reached 327 story scenes and it didn't pop, then it did a little later after doing some more requests and still being at 327 story scenes. Edit: The max amount of scenes appears to be 329, but you may have to mess around for a while before the trophy pops. Try switching characters to Hinata, talking to students, doing requests, and opening and closing the menu. It should pop eventually.

Bugs aside, I'm having a lot of trouble getting young Flora's TFT scene. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I also need a Tome of Descending and several more True Omega Swords (or whichever is the 3-star version you need in a bunch of synthesis recipes). I'm planning on doing one or two more runs of Clock Tower for those, but if anyone knows a quicker or more reliable way to get them, that info would also be appreciated.

 

Edit: Young flora doesn't have a TFT scene. For some dumb reason, doing TFT with Flora at school counts differently than doing it at the end of a dungeon, and both are the older version.

 

Edit 2: Tome of Descending and Frail Grandsword may only be available in Distant Garden from the roaming goblin salesman. Unfortunately, this makes them rare and very much missable in a single adventure. Not permanently missable, but you may need to go through Distant Garden multiple times.

Edited by MattPieti
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2019 at 1:45 PM, MattPieti said:

Art Afficionado isn't popping for me even when I reach 100% in the Curio Codex, which I've done twice now - I downloaded my save after I achieved 100% and the trophy didn't pop the first time. When you go into the Curio Codex, the top of the screen says "Object Codex," and I'm not really sure what else the Object Codex would be, so I'm guessing that's it. Edit: When you get your last curio, you may need to place it before it registers. When you're sure your Curio/Object Codex is at 100%, use the flower dial and your trophy should pop.

I got this to unlock by replacing all Curio near Flora in the inner circle, (On the other trophy list stack)

True Omega Swords looks like it's going to be a grind, Only had two so far and both came from the roaming salesman in the Clock tower around floors 50-70 or so.
The only other thing I am worried about is getting all the scenes but I have yet to do any of the single trial's besides Hinata so far.
 

Either wat congrats on the plat.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2019 at 1:45 PM, MattPieti said:

Seems there are a few glitched trophies in this game.

Did you do anything speical for Make 'Em Sing? I can not get this trophy to unlock.
Did you find Tome of Descending in the Distant Garden in the end? I have seen a couple of posts on other sites saying they got one from the Clock Tower but having no luck there.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2019 at 2:46 AM, fisty123 said:

Did you do anything speical for Make 'Em Sing? I can not get this trophy to unlock.
Did you find Tome of Descending in the Distant Garden in the end? I have seen a couple of posts on other sites saying they got one from the Clock Tower but having no luck there.

Apologies for the late response. I see you've already gotten the platinum, but I'll answer anyway in case someone else sees this and has the same questions. I got a Tome of Descending from that traveling goblin merchant near the beginning of Distant Garden. I think it was within the first 10 floors, even. As for Make 'Em Sing, I'm guessing you had forgotten to use a Mic with the fairies. Other than that, there's nothing special about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2019 at 9:00 AM, MattPieti said:

Apologies for the late response. I see you've already gotten the platinum, but I'll answer anyway in case someone else sees this and has the same questions. I got a Tome of Descending from that traveling goblin merchant near the beginning of Distant Garden. I think it was within the first 10 floors, even. As for Make 'Em Sing, I'm guessing you had forgotten to use a Mic with the fairies. Other than that, there's nothing special about it.

The Make 'Em Sing turned out to be a glitch I kept getting since I passed the game.
If I unlocked a trophy I could not unlock another one till I turned off the game. I tested it a couple times so once I restarted the game and used the Mic the trophy unlocked. So after that I had to unlock a trophy and then turn it off or it would not unlock. Had to end up doing Juri's trial twice due to the same glitch.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.