Why is this game 9/10 in difficulty?

kerck11

Played the 1st game and got the plat and didnt have any trouble getting it. Used a guide for few trophies.

Why is this game 9/10? Is it that difficult and of it is, its going to be more difficult than Outlast 2

Wanna finish 5 Horror games with 2s(sequel) in them Cause I find it cute and awesome

Resident Evil 2

Silent Hill 2

Dead Space 2

Outlast 2

Layers of Fear 2

• Like 2

To get the platinum for Dead Space 2, you have to complete the game on Hard Core mode. Basically the enimies are set to survivalist while item drops are set to zealot. The real kicker is that you can only save the game 3 times in a single playthrough.

• Like 1

I love seeing threads about Dead Space 2, one of my all time favourite games. Hardcore mode was a really satisfying, planning out routes and memorising segments was a huge plus for me, i might spin the trilogy up again on my current PSN account. I remember when it was released there was a bit of drama between the PS3 and Xbox360 versions of the game - Hardcore mode was easier on the 360 in comparison to the PS3 version as it technically had 4 saves and still counted as 3.The 360 version came on two discs and the transition to disc 2 was a bonus hidden extra save.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop
  • Like 1

At first I was intimidated too. Apart from the stupid kills you might experience there are also some undead enemies. However, it's not a 9. It's more of a seven. Just do these following two things:

a) Finish Dead Space Ignition: It's another game of the series, very easy, which gives you some bonuses. Also, buy the dlcs which some nice suits. Even one dlc with a suit that suits you is enough. I did both of these and made the game considerably easier.

b) I made it to chapter 7 to make my first save. It's a two hours job. If you make it, you' re almost done. One more seve on chapter 10 and one in 13 or 14.

• Like 1

To be honest, I'm not scared of playing the game, I'm scared of not getting the plat thats why I made this thread. 

Does it have online trophies? I could do this alone(I prefer solo play, unless there's a co-op trophy BS again)

8 hours ago, kerck11 said:

To be honest, I'm not scared of playing the game, I'm scared of not getting the plat thats why I made this thread. 

Does it have online trophies? I could do this alone(I prefer solo play, unless there's a co-op trophy BS again)

Nope! No online trophies :) They added a multiplayer mode which I never got to actually experience, it seemed kinda cool but kinda finnicky. Anyways, there aren't any trophies tied to that mode. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KillerUni12 said:

Nope! No online trophies :) They added a multiplayer mode which I never got to actually experience, it seemed kinda cool but kinda finnicky. Anyways, there aren't any trophies tied to that mode. 

Thanks, I hate online trophies, they should be eradicated from the face of the earth

• Like 1

Coming from someone who has gotten all the trophies/achievements on both PS3 and Xbox 360, there's no way in hell it's a 9/10 difficulty. Not even close. But that's what happens when you write the trophy guide for a game without accomplishing the game's biggest challenges yourself (Zealot and Hardcore difficulty in this case). That and having no real experience with what a truly hard platinum trophy is like to obtain. I guess everything looks insanely hard when you're in that position. If this platinum is a 9/10, then what's something like the Crypt of the NecroDancer platinum? Or hell, a good comparison would be the Wolfenstein 2 platinum with it's Mein leben trophy which is like Dead Space 2's Hardcore mode but on steroids. Because saying those are only slightly harder than DS2's plat is ridiculous. A much more appropriate difficulty rating for Dead Space 2 would be a 6/10 in my humble opinion. The difficulty of Hardcore mode is vastly overstated. It's just Hard difficulty but with a limited amount of saves. So long as you plan well and play it safe, Hardcore mode shouldn't be that difficult for anyone half decent at the game. There's a wealth of information and tips about the game you can use to make it easier as well. It's less about skill and more about perseverance. People who write trophy guides shouldn't confuse playtime with difficulty.

My apologies for the rant, but this is a topic I feel strongly about. Rest assured that you will likely have no issue at all getting the plat for Dead Space 2 going off some of the other plats you have. Take no notice of the 9/10 difficulty that guide gives it. :)

• Like 3

Hardcore trophy for me was one of the most difficult trophies I have ever achieved. I was an infant at trophy hunting at the time and did it based off my own knowledge of the game so needless to say I didn’t go about it the best way possible. I didn’t look up any guides and misused my 3 saves. From my last save on I had to play 4 hours worth without dying and boy did I die a lot. Definitely use the internet to your advantage for tips, don’t be like me haha. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Remi-chan said:

Hi! It sounds like you're using my trophy guide! First of all - I want to thank you for using my guide. I poured a lot of time and effort into the guide as Dead Space 2 is my favorite horror game of all time. I'm glad it's of use to you!

Second of all, I rated the game a 9/10 difficulty due to the brutally punishing Hard Core trophy requirement. 3 saves, no checkpoints, and the ridiculous amount of things that can kill you make this trophy extremely difficult to earn. When I factored in that the game is easily 9-12 hours on average, and possibly even longer when taking it slowly, coupled with the aforementioned factors, I felt a 9/10 seemed appropriate at the time.

Good luck with your trophy run!

Fair enough, I'm not gonna really use your guide, I was only looking for the difficulty of the trophy list. I'll use it when I'm stuck or if have no clue to get the a certain trophy. 

Tbh, I'm not more intimidated by this game's difficulty. What intimidates me is Wolfenstein 2's trophy list

Anyway thanks