Why is this game 9/10 in difficulty?

kerck11

I haven't played this game myself, but I feel like this is not only a problem with this guide, it is a problem in general. It is rated a 9/10 because it is based on a single opinion, that of the guide writer. It's difficult to give a game an objective challenge rating. 

Look at the fastest completion times and number of achievers, not only the guide rating. That could give you a more complete picture. 

• 2 weeks later...

We need a remake, but this time Hardcore without saves ?

Thanks for two trophy list ?

If this game has a difficulty of 09/10 then Wolfenstein 2 that you have to finish it without saving even once it is? 20/10?

Edited by Arin1979

3 hours ago, BemusedNContused said:

Where's your platinum then? 1f62c.png
Difficulty is 7.5 for the average player.

And people, stop trying to be cool by saying 9 is a joke..   For alot of people it isn't.

Be humble.

It's in my backlog (I only recently got a PS3). I'm just saying it seems very doable and a 9/10 means it should be basically impossible for the average player. I mean it shouldn't be anywhere near something like the super meat boy platinum for example.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Its a 7/10 for sure.  Hard to the Core mode is quite hard.  There are some good videos out there.  I do recommend playing through on a lower difficulty to familiarize yourself with trouble spots.  No sense wasting time in hardcore mode practicing as you only get 1 attempt.  I came back to it years later and for some reason I felt I could beat it.  I guess as you get older you get more determined than before.

• 2 months later...

Wasting 2 to 3 hours of gameplay when you die and redoing everything over again is beyond irritating.  Knowing that you have played 2 to 3 hours and needing to get past 1 section to save makes you so nervous that you are more likely to mess up because you don't want to die and lose all that time you have invested.  Every other trophy besides Hardcore mode is a 5/10 but Hardcore mode easily makes this a 8/10 difficulty.  9/10 is too high, but 8/10 seems right.  Getting the Hardcore mode trophy was one of the must frustrating and annoying trophies I ever got and made me not buy Dead Space 3 (along with the co-op gameplay which takes away from the survival horror aspect and makes it more of an action game).

Edited by Residentzombie

• 2 weeks later...

Hardcore Mode, only 3 saves in the entire playthrough.

It's tough, but doable. Provided that you make sure you have the right setups and save at the right places,

Wolfenstein 2 on the other hand....I might start it up to get all trophies but Mein Leben. But not today.