Level 7 "Dead Simple" impossible in nightmare mode?

jakD_710

Thank you! Congrats again on being 1st to plat doom 2! 64 will be awesome although i don't remember the levels as well. I might give it another playthrough via Doom 64 Retribution before the PS4 version comes out. Something tell me maybe they will release the same day as Doom Eternal like Doom 1 and 2 released with Youngblood. We will see! :)

Yes just the original if you warp or in this case pick what level to start from you will start from pistol start. You can go back a few levels and save up ammo and health as well, which will be required for map 29 "The Living End" if done solo. But some maps are a lot easier as well if you want to stock up. And yes you lose everything every time you die and all health, power up, and ammo once picked up will be gone for the rest of the level. However weapons spawns do remain in the maps at all times, but some maps will still be very hard if you take the pistol start route. Unless you know the game really really well. 

5 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

Yes just the original if you warp or in this case pick what level to start from you will start from pistol start. You can go back a few levels and save up ammo and health as well, which will be required for map 29 "The Living End" if done solo. But some maps are a lot easier as well if you want to stock up. And yes you lose everything every time you die and all health, power up, and ammo once picked up will be gone for the rest of the level. However weapons spawns do remain in the maps at all times, but some maps will still be very hard if you take the pistol start route. Unless you know the game really really well. 

so if i start from level 1 and make it to level 10 and die, i lose all weapons/ammo/armor? so id have to start from level 1 again to stock up?

Yes and no, you can start from like level 9 if you want to to stock up. Like to beat map 29 Elite Agent came up with going back to map 27 to stock up and playing those 2 levels to get the bfg, plasma, rockets and 200 armor Heath. It would be very hard to be the game in coop in one go on nightmare although on pc and 360 this has been done in single player.  

ah okay i see thanks. 

12 minutes ago, KTILLA23 said:

Yes and no, you can start from like level 9 if you want to to stock up. Like to beat map 29 Elite Agent came up with going back to map 27 to stock up and playing those 2 levels to get the bfg, plasma, rockets and 200 armor Heath. It would be very hard to be the game in coop in one go on nightmare although on pc and 360 this has been done in single player.  

another question. are there more enemies in nightmare co-op or is it the same as sp?

I believe some levels do have slightly different enemies but it's not much. I haven't played through doom 2 on Nightmare in Single Player in a long time so it's kinda hard to remember. But i swear some levels added Cyberdemons and the like.  

Just now, KTILLA23 said:

I believe some levels do have slightly different enemies but it's not much. I haven't played through doom 2 on Nightmare in Single Player in a long time so it's kinda hard to remember. But i swear some levels added Cyberdemons and the like.  

thanks ?

im so close to beating level 29. i can easily do 27-28 now and all of 29 except the end. i made it to where you climb the slopes near the exit but got killed pretty fast. 

youre also better off doing this solo because having another player means he would have to be just as skilled.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

im so close to beating level 29. i can easily do 27-28 now and all of 29 except the end. i made it to where you climb the slopes near the exit but got killed pretty fast. 

youre also better off doing this solo because having another player means he would have to be just as skilled.

Keep at it man, eventually you will have that run where everything comes smooth and you will make it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UlvenFenrir said:

Yes this part is very hard. I had 200% health and armor going into the "3 switch room" and i only got to "The Climb" with 40% health. There is a green armor if you can grab it fast enough i only killed the hell knight and ran from the Baron of Hell. So i went into "The Climb" with 40% health and 100% and when i reached the end I only had 4% health! So yes this room is very hard it's mostly going to come down how will you did in the "3 switch room". If you somehow have any plasma left when you get to 'The Climb" you can also spam BFG to the right wall as soon as you teleport in, so you can kill some of the chaingunners and shotgun zombies shooting at you there are tons but this would be hard because you have to save plasma and you have to use most of it to get to this point. But it is possible if saved and rockets are used right. Hope you can manage to do it! :)

Edited by KTILLA23

2 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

finally. i did it. what a pain in the ass that was. no lie, i easily spent over 10 hours practicing level 29 alone... its that hard imo. some rng involved too but damn.

If it's that hard then I can have another hard platinum trophy to add to my collection.

1 hour ago, UlvenFenrir said:

finally. i did it. what a pain in the ass that was. no lie, i easily spent over 10 hours practicing level 29 alone... its that hard imo. some rng involved too but damn.

Good Job! Yes Level 29 is very hard it took me 4 hours until i got it. But i also wasted 2 days trying to do it from pistol start. It really all comes down to how well you do in the "3 switch room", then have luck on "The Climb" .

• Like 1

its very hard i think. players who are not familiar with how old fps works will have an even tougher time with it. i also cant imagine this being any easier with real human players. the only way for that to be possible, would require everyone to know how to play doom and how to beat each level.

Yes for sure, i think it can be as you said everyone would have to have a task or know what they are doing. Nightmare in Doom 1 2 Final Doom are very hard. Final Doom wasn't even beaten until 2015 on Nightmare.  Let's hope if Final Doom does come out we don't get a repeat of this coop Nightmare trophy that would be even way harder than Doom 2 which is crazy too think. 

1 minute ago, KTILLA23 said:

Yes for sure, i think it can be as you said everyone would have to have a task or know what they are doing. Nightmare in Doom 1 2 Final Doom are very hard. Final Doom wasn't even beaten until 2015 on Nightmare.  Let's hope if Final Doom does come out we don't get a repeat of this coop Nightmare trophy that would be even way harder than Doom 2 which is crazy too think. 

is nightmare at least easier in doom 1 in co-op? i hope its not as bad as doom 2. i love a challenge but this is beyond ridiculous haha

If you did Doom 2 you will fly through doom 1. I did Doom 1 in just 2 hours 100% Doom 2 took me 3 days if that is any indication. The only levels that i would say are hard are E1 M6 7 and that's about it. Even then when i went back to play on Nightmare i beat E1 M6 7 way quicker. And you don't have to beat episode 4 for the Nightmare Trophy either, so it makes it even easier. Doom 1 is only a 2/10 for me, but for a someone who's never played it i would say a 4 maybe 5. Doom 2 even for me was a 7, and then someone who's never played it an easy 9/10 imo

1 minute ago, KTILLA23 said:

If you did Doom 2 you will fly through doom 1. I did Doom 1 in just 2 hours 100% Doom 2 took me 3 days if that is any indication. The only levels that i would say are hard are E1 M6 7 and that's about it. Even then when i went back to play on Nightmare i beat E1 M6 7 way quicker. And you don't have to beat episode 4 for the Nightmare Trophy either, so it makes it even easier. Doom 1 is only a 2/10 for me, but for a someone who's never played it i would say a 4 maybe 5. Doom 2 even for me was a 7, and then someone who's never played it an easy 9/10 imo

okay thats good to know phew lol yeah i also feel doom 2 so far is a 9/10 even for me anyway. nightmare is going to be the dealbreaker for most people easily.

Just now, UlvenFenrir said:

okay thats good to know phew lol yeah i also feel doom 2 so far is a 9/10 even for me anyway. nightmare is going to be the dealbreaker for most people easily.

Yes for sure, if they didn't have these Nightmare coop trophies or if you could do them in single player doom 2 would of been a way faster easier completion. Doom 2 without Nightmare at all would of been a 3 or 4 then. I think the Platinum and Nightmare coop trophy for 2 will remain ultra rare for awhile.