Spoiler Territory, gripes on one thing

The game is fun but I died on the final boss because it was BS and that meant I had to watch the entire final boss cutscenes again, which wouldn't suck if...

THE TEXT ADVANCED QUICKLY! ?

Spoiler

Yeah, I think the developers thought that since the bad guy at the end had to be EPIC, his dialogue had to hang on the screen for two full minutes, and you can't skip it. I've tried, I've mashed buttons like mad. And he yammers all through the game so you have to watch a still screen for twenty minutes while Mr Baddy gloats! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

This makes dying on the final boss make me want to destroy this game and call it worst game EVA. *shakes fist in rage* Damn you Square-Enix! I love Dragon Quest, but my GAWD put up a f'king patch that lets you advance this stupid text, for all that's Holy! I think Hargon succeeded in his edict of destruction... he built up my hope for a fun game and smashed it to bits with his little pet. (Yes, I had a Yggy leaf but it got consumed because I thought the fight was scripted to kill you. And then I couldn't fire the cannon fast enough and got hit TWICE for massive damage and then one his orbs killed me. :()

Anyone else hate this dialogue problem and is it on the Switch version? I almost regret buying it for the Switch now.

the text is the absolute worst. any time I am just stuck there watching the screen really breaks the flow of the game, and has a few times, just caused me to stop playing, because the momentum I had was just killed in its tracks. 

I have beat the story at this point, now it seems to mostly be a massive grind to get the last few islands unlocked, which I guess are from the level of your character. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
On 7/29/2019 at 4:22 AM, RuneEyesDragon said:

The game is fun but I died on the final boss because it was BS and that meant I had to watch the entire final boss cutscenes again, which wouldn't suck if...

THE TEXT ADVANCED QUICKLY! ?

And Square-Enix still hasn't addressed the issue because they are diving and porpoising in their money pit from Final Fantasy Rebirth. :angry: (Anyone get the Scrooge McDuck reference? :lol:)

Seriously, would it have killed them to give us an option to advance the text on this like normal instead of making us read the same text box six times over 30 seconds? :angry:

On 8/7/2019 at 5:56 AM, Winkuru said:

I agree. It's really fucking annoying when you get those "ghostly speeches" that linger on forever. Makes no sense at all that you can't skip those.

And Square-Enix has never fixed the bloody issue because they are porposing in their money bin which is full of Cloud Strife's tears in FF7 Rebirth. :angry:

Would it have killed them to let you advance the text? Even if I have to wait for the advance button to show up in ten seconds, at least it wouldn't hang for almost a minute. I hoep that, when this game is ported to the PC(like the original was), there are mods to speed up this text.