Downside Pilgrim did not unlock after finishing story

BloodyRutz

I finished the game yesterday. Downside Pilgrim trophy did not unlock for me. In my whole playthrough, I only lost twice. Once during some random Rite and once during the Liberation Rite (The third one, I think. Not the final one.).

My question is. Did I miss the trophy because of the Liberation Rite? Possibly because the location for each Liberation Rite is unique like for the final one (?). Or did I miss the trophy because of the other Rite? I lost and probably never got back to the same location for a win.

Thank you for any hints.

Edited by BloodyRutz

I seem to remember all of the liberation rites taking place at the Fall of Soliam, so if you won at least one liberation rite, than the other rite you lost would be the reason you missed the trophy. Like you said, you probably never went back to that location for a win.

• Like 1

So if you didn't get the trophy after winning the match in the Isle of Khaylmer, then the most probable explenation is what you have already come up with.... You lost one match and never returned to that location.. ? Do you have a backup-save?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

So if you didn't get the trophy after winning the match in the Isle of Khaylmer, then the most probable explenation is what you have already come up with.... You lost one match and never returned to that location.. 1f61f.png Do you have a backup-save?

Thank you for answering. I do have a save actually. I was backing it up for some other reason. But I think it's pretty early in the game and I would still need to finish the story to get to the last location.

I think it will be better for me to start a new playthrough (reduced difficulty) and by the time I get to the first Liberation Rite, I should have the trophy.

6 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

I think it will be better for me to start a new playthrough (reduced difficulty) and by the time I get to the first Liberation Rite, I should have the trophy.

Hmm, I don't think that will work. I guess you need to win a match in each location on one single save. If that's the case, you'll need to play past the first liberation rite. The Isle of Khaylmer is not available before the first liberation rite. I think it's rite number 14 or somewhere around there. 

Or are you talking about New Game +? I didn't use it, but I think there was an update that added NG+ to the game... So maybe that works... 

Good luck! 

Edited by Arcesius

41 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Hmm, I don't think that will work. I guess you need to win a match in each location on one single save. If that's the case, you'll need to play past the first liberation rite. The Isle of Khaylmer is not available before the first liberation rite. I think it's rite number 14 or somewhere around there. 

Or are you talking about New Game +? I didn't use it, but I think there was an update that added NG+ to the game... So maybe that works... 

Good luck! 

Technically I will be creating a new save slot. I think the trophy progression should be tied to physical save/user profile, so it will be shared across different save slots in the actual game. If it would be like this, by the time I get to the first Liberation Rite, I should visit every location in the game (except the final Rite) including the one I'm missing. But of course, it's just a speculation. I could be wrong.

Regarding the New game+. It's not technically New game+, it's just a new difficulty called True Nightwing. But I won't be using that.

For future reference, if anybody will face the same problem. I started a new playthrough on the second save slot and the trophy did pop for me at some random Rite (after finishing 2 Liberation Rites).

So I'm not sure, how this trophy actually works, but the progress for trophies is definitely shared between save slots.

• Like 2