Shigabane hunting tips

Gone through the whole game, even rushed it through on NG+ because of a mistake I made, and have found some tips for shigabane hunting:

1: if you are gonna go for the platinum in the game, start the hunt as early as you can. Especially against bosses, at the very least. Do all the boss shigabanes at the first encounter with them. Yes, they do respawn eventually at different places, but it's not worth the pain trying to hunt them down for a meager chance, sometimes taking several days in-game to make them appear.

2: Connected to the first, but do make sure you also go for all the different attacks and status ailments tied to the bosses specifically. This is where the actual time resides, acquiring all the attacks from all the bosses takes forever and some attacks are close to the only way to get certain status ailments on your characters.

Edited by TrulySilentLie
  • Like 1

Going for each characters sin-relate shigabane helps, since it lowers costs, but when specifically hunting shigabanes it tends to be best to just use the revive without shigabanes. Also, lower difficulties also lowers the cost of extending.

Edited by TrulySilentLie
  • Like 1

And while I am at it (and yes, this whole topic was actually because of a mistake I made) make sure you are certain what shigabanes you are missing that are marked ???. I have gone through all day today and yesterday, thinking I had gotten one bugged D:

Edited by TrulySilentLie
  • Like 1