Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

4 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I would definitely do at least two playthroughs before I would go for the no death trophies and the no hit trophies. You can always back up your save to the cloud, so the trophy for beating the game without dying won't be so bad.

I'm a bit surprised you played this in the first place. I don't expect you to be a guy who plays 8 - bit/16 - bit era inspired titles.

Oh I play it because it's metal xD 8 bit or 16 bit does not bother me as long as the game is good. And Slain is VERY good.

I mean...I do have 16 bit inspired games : Death Gambit and Broforce. The only games that I wouldn't touch would be jRPG and sport sims (and maybe space simulators but those are pretty rare)

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Oh I play it because it's metal xD 8 bit or 16 bit does not bother me as long as the game is good. And Slain is VERY good.

I mean...I do have 16 bit inspired games : Death Gambit and Broforce. The only games that I wouldn't touch would be jRPG and sport sims (and maybe space simulators but those are pretty rare)

I got a bunch on my profile if you're interested in more of them.

Slain is definitely a game that is generally overlooked, which kind of sucks because most people want flashy graphics and gorgeous visuals. If you truly want me to rate your game high, it has to have good gameplay first and foremost.

Valfaris I'm looking to get in the future. Pretty broke as of right now, so won't be able to grab it for the time being.

9 hours ago, Copanele said:

14. Braid : oh fuck this game's speedrun requirement. It's bullshit. I need a day when I am complete zen for this one.

18. Catherine : I am scared of this game...many people say it's uber hard. Will have to discover that for myself. I loved the concept though!

Oh man, that Braid speed run trophy still sits on my account uncompleted, I know the kind of pain that'll be. Catherine is an...interesting game that I didn't get very far through, but I do want to go back and give it a chance again. I just wasn't good at that type of puzzle platforming back in the day, who knows now...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grotz99 said:

Oh man, that Braid speed run trophy still sits on my account uncompleted, I know the kind of pain that'll be. 

When i saw Braid I was "alright cool ,game that I completed on PC, a speedrun trophy how hard can it be".

40 FUCKING MINUTES WTF?

Yeah....it's a piece of shit trophy, especially when you have to pass the claws from world 3 where you synchronize the goombas. Ugh...

7 hours ago, Copanele said:

When i saw Braid I was "alright cool ,game that I completed on PC, a speedrun trophy how hard can it be".

40 FUCKING MINUTES WTF?

Yeah....it's a piece of shit trophy, especially when you have to pass the claws from world 3 where you synchronize the goombas. Ugh...

Pretty sure I can do it. I mean I did LIMBO three times and that's basically a 50 - 55 minute playthrough where you can't die more than five times.

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

Pretty sure I can do it. I mean I did LIMBO three times and that's basically a 50 - 55 minute playthrough where you can't die more than five times.

Oh yes @Spaz, this would be a breeze for you xD It is also easier than Limbo. But you know... Platformer + time control. True videogame archnemesis of mine... 

I imagine if I played Super Meat Boy I would go insane. 

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Oh yes @Spaz, this would be a breeze for you xD It is also easier than Limbo. But you know... Platformer + time control. True videogame archnemesis of mine... 

I imagine if I played Super Meat Boy I would go insane. 

Super Meat Boy is only for the truly determined. You need to do stuff in a split second's notice.

Honestly I probably could do the Street Fighter IV trials if I had a mind to practice in fighting games over the long term. I noticed a number of players who are really good at Street Fighter simply grew up on fighting games. Even guys well in their 40s who don't have the speed and reflexes like they used to can probably do the trials since I'm sure a number of them probably played Street Fighter II way back in the day at the arcades. I was too little back then, so I basically missed out on the arcade glory days.

But you don't need to grow up on fighting games or platformers to be really good at them. With a good fight stick I could probably do the Street Fighter IV trials give or take a few hundred hours, likely around 300 - 400 hours. Currently I'm not all that good at fighting games, which is why I went with Tekken. People may say you're taking the easy way out, but as long as you enjoy the games, then that's all that matters.

Thing with me is I enjoyed Super Meat Boy, even if I got very angry and frustrated and was about to throw in the towel. It's definitely fun if you enjoy fluid platformers, it has some of the best responsive controls I've felt in any platformer.

A shame Braid is stuck on the PS3. I'm not really interested in old PSN games with an exception of a couple of them. Seems like everyone gets all the trophies but the speedrun, then most just give up on the 100 percent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Super Meat Boy is only for the truly determined. You need to do stuff in a split second's notice.

Thing with me is I enjoyed Super Meat Boy, even if I got very angry and frustrated and was about to throw in the towel. It's definitely fun if you enjoy fluid platformers, it has some of the best responsive controls I've felt in any platformer.

A shame Braid is stuck on the PS3. I'm not really interested in old PSN games with an exception of a couple of them. Seems like everyone gets all the trophies but the speedrun, then most just give up on the 100 percent.

Yup I saw Super Meat Boy and man you need TIGHT reactions there. Given that I am still shaken by that stupid Stormy Ascent...nah I ain't reaching that level of skill. Mad respect for you doing that craziness.

Braid...I wouldn't recommend it. Sure it was a nice piece of nostalgia, but the game itself ain't so good by today's standards. Yeah most people avoid the speedrun because it's just so annoying. There's some puzzles that involve abit of RNG and RNG in a platformer is...eh.

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Honestly I probably could do the Street Fighter IV trials if I had a mind to practice in fighting games over the long term. I noticed a number of players who are really good at Street Fighter simply grew up on fighting games. Even guys well in their 40s who don't have the speed and reflexes like they used to can probably do the trials since I'm sure a number of them probably played Street Fighter II way back in the day at the arcades. I was too little back then, so I basically missed out on the arcade glory days.

But you don't need to grow up on fighting games or platformers to be really good at them. With a good fight stick I could probably do the Street Fighter IV trials give or take a few hundred hours, likely around 300 - 400 hours. Currently I'm not all that good at fighting games, which is why I went with Tekken. People may say you're taking the easy way out, but as long as you enjoy the games, then that's all that matters.

See that's the part that I believe is THE MOST IMPORTANT in fighting games, moreso than other games : Enjoying it. Sure, there's a ton of elitists and gatekeepers in fighting game community and that's the biggest downside of it (I mean...if you carefully check that "How hard it is to reach Golden Rank" thread under SF5 you can easily spot them, no pointing fingers though xD) but the rule of thumb is : if you like it and wish to invest time in it, go for it. If you like Tekken, it's the PERFECT game to start with. Anything goes.

However if you don't enjoy it, everything becomes a huge ordeal. I realized I will never attempt UMvC 3 because I just can't stand tagging system in videogames. I am a dedicated single character fighting game player, tagging is too much for me (god knows I fucking hated it in DBFZ)

And the age does not matter at all if you have the passion(I mean, when you have the time, google BrolyLegs street fighter and you will see why age does not matter at all). I never ever touched an arcade, first time I played Street Fighter was on a keyboard with 3 missing keys. If you like the game you can do it.

Sure, guys like Alex Valle (has 42 years, is the godfather of fighting games) can pull these trials eyes closed while playing a harmonica cause he grew up in arcades. But us casual mortals can pull it too xD I am a massive SF casual, precise inputs aren't really my comfort zone. If I have the dedication, plus people to talk about these trials, hell if it's not one of the most fun platinums I ever attempted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Braid...I wouldn't recommend it. Sure it was a nice piece of nostalgia, but the game itself ain't so good by today's standards. Yeah most people avoid the speedrun because it's just so annoying. There's some puzzles that involve abit of RNG and RNG in a platformer is...eh.

Braid isn’t even that old. Some of the games on my list date all the way back to the early 1980s, Pac Man among them.

PSN games were and are always niche. Dead Space is the same age as Braid and the reason people still talk about that game 12 years later is because it was mainstream and it set the standard for horror themed games set in space. 

Braid on the other hand got its popularity in the late 2000s, but after that it became forgotten rather quickly. I basically rediscovered the game when I was playing a few indie games because the main character makes a cameo appearance. 

It’s like Super Stardust HD. Quite popular, but now barely anyone plays it. 

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Braid isn’t even that old. Some of the games on my list date all the way back to the early 1980s, Pac Man among them.

PSN games were and are always niche. Dead Space is the same age as Braid and the reason people still talk about that game 12 years later is because it was mainstream and it set the standard for horror themed games set in space. 

Braid on the other hand got its popularity in the late 2000s, but after that it became forgotten rather quickly. I basically rediscovered the game when I was playing a few indie games because the main character makes a cameo appearance. 

It’s like Super Stardust HD. Quite popular, but now barely anyone plays it. 

Lol right, Braid was made in 2008. Damn that really messed up my time perception. Thought it's kinda older. 

And yea... When I say old games I mean 1998-2000 games, that's old for me xD Pacman is Ancient Egypt levels of ancient. 

I think the oldest game I ever played was Dizzy on a ZX Spectrum, with casettes? Idk, that cute egg that was jumping around. That's kinda the absolute oldest game I ever played. 

@Copanele @Spaz I'm just going to chime in to say a few things, but didn't wanna quote specific parts of your discussion :)

First of all, Braid.. It is still an old game. Only because there are older games doesn't make this game "not old"... I haven't played it though. What I did play by the same designer, Jonathan Blow, was The Witness. And while I enjoyed my time with the game, it gave me the impression that this dude is really full of himself ? But maybe Braid is better in that regard. In any case, doesn't really look like a well-aged game, so not something I'm interested in (not even available on PS4, so RIP anyways). 

Furthermore, I don't think you need to "grow up on something" to be good. I'm sure the reason @Copanele is good at fighting games is because he works his ass off with them, but enjoys learning the mechanics as well. I am always in the camp "if you really put in the work, you can get any trophy". And yes, I believe that you could get Super Meat Boy done. You might suffer in the process, and if you don't like the genre then you are more likely to give up.. but assuming you'd enjoy learning the game as much as doing the trials in your fighters, you would get it done as well. 

Hell, I never owned a console until I bought a PS2 when I was like 16 years old... and all I played back then was Final Fantasy, God of War, Devil may Cry and Onimusha... Then again, I am just an exception and naturally god-like at gaming ?

Jokes aside though, I truly believe that with enough patience and perseverance, anyone can achieve even the hardest of gaming achievements. 

• Like 2

@Arcesius you kinda nailed it there with the "growing up". I don't consider myself "good"yet (you are good when you are a pro online, that's the simplest and most direct way to gauge your skill in these blasted things) but i'll be damned if I don't practice like a motherfucker for these games. Result : The Impossible arcade done twice back to back xD plus I LOVE them. 

And that's the thing too. I believe I could do any game including Super Meat Boy . Would I like it ? Hell no! (Still have Crash Bandicoot nightmares). But I'd somehow do it. Same goes for Spaz, if he would enjoy it (and he really started a thing with Tekken :> ) he would airborne shoryuken into disconnect the opponent and send him walking every match . Practice practice practice, that's the key.

Hell, I remember now playing one of the few games that I can truly say I am GOOD at : Devil May Cry 3. Since I had no internet and had a bootleg JAPANESE copy (yeah...the "normal is actully hard" one), it took me 8-9 months of playing (basically I had only that and Disciples on my PC) to do Dante Must Die mode and Bloody Palace. Holy hell did I love that game though.

Anyhoo...Braid is kinda pretentious. Now that you tell me the Witness is the same...I guess the dev is full of himself. Game tries to be an analogy to the nuclear bomb and that's where it kinda lost me, I just wanted a Super Mario copy with a time twist :( not lessons about morality.

11 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Hell, I never owned a console until I bought a PS2 when I was like 16 years old... and all I played back then was Final Fantasy, God of War, Devil may Cry and Onimusha... Then again, I am just an exception and naturally god-like at gaming 1f60e.png

200.gif

Couldn't help myself :P Onimusha 3 with Jean Reno is the best Onimusha fite me!

5 hours ago, Arcesius said:

First of all, Braid.. It is still an old game. Only because there are older games doesn't make this game "not old"... I haven't played it though. What I did play by the same designer, Jonathan Blow, was The Witness. And while I enjoyed my time with the game, it gave me the impression that this dude is really full of himself 1f602.png But maybe Braid is better in that regard. In any case, doesn't really look like a well-aged game, so not something I'm interested in (not even available on PS4, so RIP anyways). 

Braid is very niche. It’s one of the older PSN games with trophy support, Super Stardust HD was in fact the first game to get trophy support. 

By today’s standards, it is old. But compared to GTA San Andreas, Braid is sort of in the middle. 

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has aged even worse in comparison. But it holds a special place in my heart because I simply grew up playing the ever loving shit out of it. 

Furthermore, I don't think you need to "grow up on something" to be good. I'm sure the reason @Copanele is good at fighting games is because he works his ass off with them, but enjoys learning the mechanics as well. I am always in the camp "if you really put in the work, you can get any trophy". And yes, I believe that you could get Super Meat Boy done. You might suffer in the process, and if you don't like the genre then you are more likely to give up.. but assuming you'd enjoy learning the game as much as doing the trials in your fighters, you would get it done as well. 

I’ve been gaming since 1992 - 1993, and during that time most console games were basically 2-D platformers. Super Meat Boy is basically a modern platformer, but it still pays tribute to the old stuff. I had an interest in the game for a long time, because I’ve always enjoyed good platformers. 

I’m familiar with a lot of Street Fighter, I played Street Fighter IV at a friend’s house. Same with Mortal Kombat 2011. So I’m not completely in the dark on the popular fighting games, but because I haven’t practiced for so long I will have to put a lot of effort in being good at them.

Tekken is an excellent middle ground. Not too easy, but not hard at all really. 

Hell, I never owned a console until I bought a PS2 when I was like 16 years old... and all I played back then was Final Fantasy, God of War, Devil may Cry and Onimusha... Then again, I am just an exception and naturally god-like at gaming 1f60e.png

You started pretty late. There are guys my age I’ve known since they were just kids who had strict parents, who wouldn’t allow them any games. 

I was very grateful to have a Nintendo, SEGA Genesis, Nintendo 64 and Nintendo GameCube. I played a lot of Mario and Sonic growing up. I can play Super Mario 64 and still have as much fun as I did 20 years ago. 

I bought the PS2 and all the games I had for it myself. I rented Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater Underground 1 + 2 and Bully, because working a job and going to college couldn’t always afford me a new game.

• Like 4

Mortal Kombat 4 definitely did not age well. Some fond memories of the game when I played it on Nintendo 64, but by today's standards it is absolute trash.

Once again, spectacular work and effort in finishing Ultra Street Fighter 4. If... if.... if I ever decide to get this game then I will believe it will surpass Super Meat Boy as my toughest platinum. Simply because I am not good at fighters, I could always get better but the time commitment would likely take more than I had to put in for Meat Boy.

The obstacle for me would be the online, I simply despise online trophies that require me to grind them out endlessly. The trials would probably be another show stopper for me, I simply am too slow for those 1-frame links. Capcom probably took this from Darkstalkers, those old games were not easy.

But you managed to complete Ultra Street Fighter 4 quicker than it took me to finish Super Meat Boy. So great job on that.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mortal Kombat 4 definitely did not age well. Some fond memories of the game when I played it on Nintendo 64, but by today's standards it is absolute trash.

Once again, spectacular work and effort in finishing Ultra Street Fighter 4. If... if.... if I ever decide to get this game then I will believe it will surpass Super Meat Boy as my toughest platinum. Simply because I am not good at fighters, I could always get better but the time commitment would likely take more than I had to put in for Meat Boy.

The obstacle for me would be the online, I simply despise online trophies that require me to grind them out endlessly. The trials would probably be another show stopper for me, I simply am too slow for those 1-frame links. Capcom probably took this from Darkstalkers, those old games were not easy.

But you managed to complete Ultra Street Fighter 4 quicker than it took me to finish Super Meat Boy. So great job on that.

Now I checked...it took me ONLY 1 year and 8 months to do this? I felt like I've been playing this since forever! But yeah, it might be because I also had it on PC that distorted my time estimation.

Yeah...online would be the greatest pain for you honestly. It's not a fun grind in any way. Trials you'd manage them somehow with the right commitment, but online...way more of a headache than it's worth.

Also, just an extra info, I played abit of Samurai Shodown VI last night. Imagine that I am playing on easiest setting and the final 2 bosses just straight up read my inputs xD I had a character with an unblockable grab and a legit in-game method to have infinite super bar, which means I could spam a super as many times as I wanted, and the fkin AI STILL dodged every single time. Took me 30 retries to finally defeat them. SNK boss syndrome is really out there in this game.

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Yeah...online would be the greatest pain for you honestly. It's not a fun grind in any way. Trials you'd manage them somehow with the right commitment, but online...way more of a headache than it's worth.

With the slow internet that I have, it's 10 times worse. So I'll probably never finish Ultra Street Fighter 4 sadly. Plenty of other games to occupy my time with.

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Also, just an extra info, I played abit of Samurai Shodown VI last night. Imagine that I am playing on easiest setting and the final 2 bosses just straight up read my inputs xD I had a character with an unblockable grab and a legit in-game method to have infinite super bar, which means I could spam a super as many times as I wanted, and the fkin AI STILL dodged every single time. Took me 30 retries to finally defeat them. SNK boss syndrome is really out there in this game.

That's the thing with older fighting games. Even Tekken Tag Tournament HD was cheap, because no matter what combos I used the AI would just predict that I was going to input that move, block it, then immediately pummel me with a devastating combo that I CANNOT get out of. It definitely pisses me off. All three games in the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection were like this, cheap AI that predicts your every move. Not hard, just incredibly annoying.

Maybe if I were you I would take a break from fighting games and finish up Cuphead and start Far Cry Primal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

Maybe if I were you I would take a break from fighting games and finish up Cuphead and start Far Cry Primal.

Oh yeah took a break, I was just messing around before going to sleep last night. I am steadily working on Cuphead (some bosses on expert are...ugh) and One PIece Pirate Warriors 3 is such a TRASH game, I will fire up Far Cry Primal instead. Time to get a "game" vacation.

Also fooling around in DMC5 because that game relaxes me to no end. Whomping Vergil never gets old.

Just now, Copanele said:

Oh yeah took a break, I was just messing around before going to sleep last night. I am steadily working on Cuphead (some bosses on expert are...ugh) and One PIece Pirate Warriors 3 is such a TRASH game, I will fire up Far Cry Primal instead. Time to get a "game" vacation.

Also fooling around in DMC5 because that game relaxes me to no end. Whomping Vergil never gets old.

I did not like Primal that much at all. It was cookie cutter the moment the first story mission is being played out. If you still remember Far Cry 4 it's very much identically the same, just you're living as a caveman and there are no guns.

Hopefully you won't fall asleep at the game like I did.

I heard Far Cry Primal is very meh and indeed, when I first started it I was terribly bored. But messing around collecting plants and poking sabertooth tigers is a good potentially relaxing game.

Bet you'll see me later on with another dumb game like Arkham Origins or Mirror's Edge started instead xD I am NEVER consistent with what I play.

Yep, Trine, One Piece, Naruto, Far Cry Primal and Shadow of Mordor are the only rather easy games that I have left.

You know what actually! I think this weekend I will play some Overwatch also. I am in the mood of some stupid onlinery all of a sudden and if I manage to randomly get one of those stupid trophies again it would be one crazy feat. 

But yeah overall Far Cry Primal is on my radar. Trine...I will leave it for a bit later, idk I don't feel like it now.

(or I can say fuck it all, fire up my turbo controller and go crazy in Diablo 3. I have so many to pick from...)

Never liked Overwatch. Tried it for a few hours before I just threw in the towel on Steam.

It's good that you're going for the platinum in that game, but I fucking hate the modern MOBA. Full of whiny children and guys in their early 20s following the hip and trendy crap while going with the pro MLG generation that just makes me hesitant to play an online only game these days anyway.

Actually Overwatch on PS4 is WAY better than on PC, simply because you can just turn messages to private and nobody is actually writing anything in the chat. On PC however...hoo boy.

Like that, Overwatch is actually a pretty fun game. Not the best, but still pretty decent. Just pick a stupid looking character with stupid attacks and move a cart from point A to point B. Not very high IQ gameplay but still good from time to time. Won't aim to do the platinum for it though, I definitely need to boost it since I don't have patience to play 1000 matches in the hope that I get the perfect setup to get those trophies. Not worth the trouble.

MOBA however...DotA, LoL and so on...screw them. Played LoL a few times before deleting the game and my account entirely. And yes it was because of the community. The guys who are regularly complaining about games each month around here are kindergarden level compared to LoL players. I'd rather start coding in Notepad than play a MOBA game again xD

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

MOBA however...DotA, LoL and so on...screw them. Played LoL a few times before deleting the game and my account entirely. And yes it was because of the community. The guys who are regularly complaining about games each month around here are kindergarden level compared to LoL players. I'd rather start coding in Notepad than play a MOBA game again xD

I could be biased here because I started MMOs back in the early 2000s. MOBAs were basically a twinkle in someone's eye.

MOBA caters to Generation Z, the self entitled whiny generation (born 1996 - 2010 or so) that never knew life before instant messaging. Yes, I'm probably going to get a bunch of hate for saying this, but I just can't stand the style in which many of them play. Not trying to generalize here, just saying a number I've played are anything but class.

I understand the young people, but I don't love the young people. One reason why I'm not having kids, and today's parents? Oh boy. Don't get me started.