Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

26 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I could be biased here because I started MMOs back in the early 2000s. MOBAs were basically a twinkle in someone's eye.

MOBA caters to Generation Z, the self entitled whiny generation (born 1996 - 2010 or so) that never knew life before instant messaging. Yes, I'm probably going to get a bunch of hate for saying this, but I just can't stand the style in which many of them play. Not trying to generalize here, just saying a number I've played are anything but class.

I understand the young people, but I don't love the young people. One reason why I'm not having kids, and today's parents? Oh boy. Don't get me started.

Man idk how's there, but in Romania at least we were shitty ass kids too, the only thing that was different was the lack of internet and the year xD but yeah it's different from country to country.

Online however, you'd be surprised that most of the MOBA people in Europe are actually angry 30 years old that failed at life in several points. The young ones actually learned to behave abit. Again, might be a big difference between the cultures. 

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Man idk how's there, but in Romania at least we were shitty ass kids too, the only thing that was different was the lack of internet and the year xD but yeah it's different from country to country.

There's a lot of self entitlement in the United States, and it's definitely gotten worse since Donald Trump got elected as President. We got a lot of old farts here who I consider to be just as bad as many of the younger people who play MOBAs online, but they don't play video games.

Internet was around, but it was limited and you had to be at a desktop computer to use. No Wi-FI back then. My first cell phone was a Cingular flip phone back in 2002, and accessing the internet on it was slow and tedious. Kids today are spoiled, parents allow them to play on their smartphones as early as 4 - 6 years old and have everything on a touchscreen.

12 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Online however, you'd be surprised that most of the MOBA people in Europe are actually angry 30 years old that failed at life in several points. The young ones actually learned to behave abit. Again, might be a big difference between the cultures. 

Every society has them. Here in America those 30 year olds are uneducated so they take their ignorance and anger on the internet. But compared to Europe I think it's the older ones who learned to behave. The reason I can't stand a lot of kids today is because I feel a lot of them aren't taught any better by their parents. My own peers and generation are raising the kids today, and I feel we're doing a terrible job at it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 107 : Ultra Street Fighter IV

+100% completed

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1447361888

Platinum Name : Trophy collector 1S8c74ef.png

Hardest Trophy : Trial Athlete 24S16300a.png no introductions needed here

Difficulty : 10/10 - easily the hardest platinum I ever had to deal with

Personal Impression : 10/10 just because of how much this game changed me. 

Very nice job completing this, you did it a lot faster than I thought you would. You say that fighting games aren't your strong suit but your profile says otherwise, what would you say is your strongest genre?

I also have had Far Cry Primal sitting in my "Games to Complete" folder on my PS4 for about 2 years now and I should probably knock it out sometime. Sometimes it is fun to just poke animals in the face and have nothing you need to specifically pay attention to. It's why I have a few games going at once, for when I need breaks. My spacing out game right now is Risk of Rain 2, which is a fun 3rd person shooter rogue like. 

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Actually Overwatch on PS4 is WAY better than on PC, simply because you can just turn messages to private and nobody is actually writing anything in the chat. On PC however...hoo boy.

Like that, Overwatch is actually a pretty fun game. Not the best, but still pretty decent. Just pick a stupid looking character with stupid attacks and move a cart from point A to point B. Not very high IQ gameplay but still good from time to time. Won't aim to do the platinum for it though, I definitely need to boost it since I don't have patience to play 1000 matches in the hope that I get the perfect setup to get those trophies. Not worth the trouble.

MOBA however...DotA, LoL and so on...screw them. Played LoL a few times before deleting the game and my account entirely. And yes it was because of the community. The guys who are regularly complaining about games each month around here are kindergarden level compared to LoL players. I'd rather start coding in Notepad than play a MOBA game again xD

I played a ton of Overwatch on PC for the first year it was released. It was fun when people didn't know pro strats and balance changes were pretty frequent. Then the same thing that starts to plague other professionally played games happens. Everyone bitches when you aren't using the current flavor of the month team setup that pros use, it just becomes so toxic and boring. It was usually best to play with a few friends on the team and mess around while ignoring our team mates and winning rounds. Having a team full of Torbs was awesome, until they put in that stupid 2 character limit.

Edited by Grotz99

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

Very nice job completing this, you did it a lot faster than I thought you would. You say that fighting games aren't your strong suit but your profile says otherwise, what would you say is your strongest genre?

I also have had Far Cry Primal sitting in my "Games to Complete" folder on my PS4 for about 2 years now and I should probably knock it out sometime. Sometimes it is fun to just poke animals in the face and have nothing you need to specifically pay attention to. It's why I have a few games going at once, for when I need breaks. My spacing out game right now is Risk of Rain 2, which is a fun 3rd person shooter rogue like. 

Well honestly my strongest genre is action-RPG. Holy hell I do wonders in games like DMC/GoW/Bayonetta etc. And well...Soulsborne series are my absolute cup of tea, given that I finished all those games over 20 times each. I can bathe in them no problem, I am that obsessed with them xD . And yeah other RPGs are my stuff, but more like PC RPG's (Gothic, SW KOTOR, Jade Empire etc). I mean I played Witcher 3 on PS4 and it's the best RPG ever imo but only because I played 1 and 2 which are on PC. But anyway...

I say fighting games aren't my strong suit because online I am not that great, my reflexes and reads aren't godlike, and honestly that's how you gauge your true worth in fighting games : by being the big kahuna online. Like that, arcade and offline is fine, but other than Golden Rank in SF5, legit rank trophies in MK10 and C rank with Ryu and Cody, I am not that great online. A dedicated player would whoop my ass no argument there.

Yeah that's how I will treat Far Cry Primal. Go unga bunga from time to time and do neanderthallica solos. Mindless fun.

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

I played a ton of Overwatch on PC for the first year it was released. It was fun when people didn't know pro strats and balance changes were pretty frequent. Then the same thing that starts to plague other professionally played games happens. Everyone bitches when you aren't using the current flavor of the month team setup that pros use, it just becomes so toxic and boring. It was usually best to play with a few friends on the team and mess around while ignoring our team mates and winning rounds. Having a team full of Torbs was awesome, until they put in that stupid 2 character limit.

At launch Overwatch was so fucking fun. I remember even the part with the memes where there were 6 hanzos vs 6 genjis or something and shit was just fun, like a legit competitor to Team Fortress 2, which I am still sorry I never played to this day. But yeah it turned into bitching and "nerf this, not D.Va's ult" contest from what I recall.

For me, unless I am facing a good Tracer, I am generally having fun. I can't stand shooting Tracers, they are so zappity zap. But overall the game is still hella enjoyable without the chat.

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 107 : Ultra Street Fighter IV

+100% completed

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1447361888

Platinum Name : Trophy collector 1S8c74ef.png

Hardest Trophy : Trial Athlete 24S16300a.png no introductions needed here

Difficulty : 10/10 - easily the hardest platinum I ever had to deal with

Personal Impression : 10/10 just because of how much this game changed me. 

Mega Edit : Also huge thanks to @Roronora_Zoro666 for his invaluable help and good trial videos. I know I haven't tagged you in the status update and I am mega sorry for that, I was spent after playing like a madman and it utterly skipped my mind.

Thanks for the shoutout, mate. I was wondering why you were so quiet this last week. I had a feeling you were just about done given that you were going through character after character. You even got some that I was struggling with. Imma see if I can’t finish up the trials by the end of the year and just leave it sitting at 98% with Entitled to still pop.

Im still hellbent on making this a milestone, myself. I’m just contemplating on how to go about that, lol. I shifted all my focus from Street Fighter to Blazblue and now Persona, so it’s gonna be awhile before I do a complete 180.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Thanks for the shoutout, mate. I was wondering why you were so quiet this last week. I had a feeling you were just about done given that you were going through character after character. You even got some that I was struggling with. Imma see if I can’t finish up the trials by the end of the year and just leave it sitting at 98% with Entitled to still pop.

Im still hellbent on making this a milestone, myself. I’m just contemplating on how to go about that, lol. I shifted all my focus from Street Fighter to Blazblue and now Persona, so it’s gonna be awhile before I do a complete 180.

Hah I saw you hard at work with them guides and said to not disturb xD then I got sunk in C. Viper's trials and kinda lost contact with the world, my bad.

Yeah, attempt them when you feel like it, you won't have any issues with them, I am certain of it :D 

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Hah I saw you hard at work with them guides and said to not disturb xD then I got sunk in C. Viper's trials and kinda lost contact with the world, my bad.

Yeah, attempt them when you feel like it, you won't have any issues with them, I am certain of it :D 

Im stuck on all the easy ones xD

9 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Im stuck on all the easy ones xD

Nah you just need the right piano-ing mood for it.

Also I really have to summon you again for the Darkstalkers 3 trials for when you will have free time on your hand. My god those are so confusing to do. 

36 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Nah you just need the right piano-ing mood for it.

Also I really have to summon you again for the Darkstalkers 3 trials for when you will have free time on your hand. My god those are so confusing to do. 

I still got Marvel to finish. Haven’t even touched it since last year. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

I still got Marvel to finish. Haven’t even touched it since last year. 

Hoho, loads of work there! Another Capcom signed game that bust the player's thumbs.

That's one game that I won't touch because I am not that into tagging teammates. But wish you best of luck with it(and as usual, waiting for them crazy combo videos)

Just now, Copanele said:

Hoho, loads of work there! Another Capcom signed game that bust the player's thumbs.

That's one game that I won't touch because I am not that into tagging teammates. But wish you best of luck with it(and as usual, waiting for them crazy combo videos)

Actually, the trials are all solo. You only need assists as an extender or finisher in the last few. The trophies are all easy, too. 

Ultimate is the hard one. Ultimate feels like a carbon copy of Super Street Fighter IV. Vanilla is more glitchy tho.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

:platinum: No. 108 : BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle

BlazBlue_Cross_Tag_Battle.png

Platinum Name : Crossing Fate 1S77372b.png

Hardest Trophy : I'm sure I lose if I give up 5S6bd8b9.png not really hard, it took me 4 tries to get a mission done.

Difficulty : 2/10

Personal impression : 9/10

This game was my first interaction with the BlazBlue series and rest assured, it convinced me to buy the rest of the available games on PS4. BBTAG is a team tag based fighting game adding characters from 4 main universes : BlazBlue, Persona 4, Under Night In Birth and RWBY. With the DLC adding characters from other universes too (Shin Megami Tensei, Senran Kagura and ...Akatsuki Blitzkampf - weird name I know), You have a fat roster of crazy anime characters to duke it out in-game.

As it is customary for ArcSystem Works, the game looks and controls amazing. Every character and their mechanics have been adapted to this game, there's no two similar characters and despite all of them having the same palette of controls, each franchise brings something completely unique, making it easier to pick favorites.

Ok now that I did the blah blah introductory, let me get to the main point : THIS GAME ROCKS HARD! My god I haven't had so much fun since the glory days of Guilty Gear. Tried every single character, every single Astral Finish, attempted every trial (with various degrees of success lol) and I still want more! Pisses me off that the only way you can find online matches is through Casual (Ranked is completely devoid of life) but when I find a match it's pure madness and delight. Also the netcode WORKS which is a shock given the subpar quality of these games online wise. 

I wish to cover each "world" this game covers, bear in mind that I don't know much about any of these separate franchises, just from references/ what other people said:

BLAZBLUE : Lord and Savior Daisuke Ishiwatari(blessed be his name) really did a worthy brother franchise to Guilty Gear. BlazBlue characters are just as fun, mad and full of belts like the GG counterparts. Ragna sounds like a more fun Sol Badguy, lots of anime robots (and robotess-es), the strongest warrior is a cat and you have a warrior maid ES as the bustiest character in existence. Also the soundtrack is 11/10 no introductions needed. Whoever knows Daisuke's creations knows that this is basically "an album with a videogame attached to it". I found the Blazblue characters to be the most vicious and tough to learn from all the roster but with the most damage potential of them all (a Tager/Nine combo utterly obliterated me).

One of the most lit themes in this game. Cat power.

PERSONA 4 : Honestly my "least favorite" from the roster, mainly because I am  not into the Persona series. They are very proficient gameplay wise, especially with those damn Personas who act just like stands from JoJo. I had the most difficulties facing them online truth be told. Only one character I absolutely enjoyed in the Persona section : Yosuke, a klutz kid with headphones who goes yahoo with kunais. He was super fun to control, like some crazy airheaded wind god.

This boi needs some recognition also. That wahoo always gets me when he throws his kunais

UNDER NIGHT IN BIRTH : Honestly this is where I was the most proficient at, because I actually played an UNiST game before. The Unist characters aren't as vicious as BB ones or as "wtf am I even doing" like Persona but hell if they aren't fun. Especially one character steals the entire spotlight : Gordeau the scythe wielder badass who stays with his hand in the pockets every time even when he loses. He's the only character I have on English dub because of his "GRIM REAPER" and "MORTAL SLUT" yells xD he's so absurdly fun to use, it's bound to catch some hate online. I also like how Hyde is the most normal relatable shonen protagonist out there. Yes he has the most rare unga bunga sword in the series but he's also a novice and it shows.

The god of pockets

RWBY :  I don't like RWBY. I always thought the animation is jarring and even bad at some points. Voices kinda irritated me. That's until I actually played the RWBY team in this game. My god Ruby Rose is adorable with her weapon nerdiness. The other girls Weiss and Blake were fine with their average typical serious/cynical attitude, However YANG STOLE THE SHOW FOR ME. A busty blonde girl who has a cheerful attitude and has guns integrated in her gauntlets AND punches first and asks questions later? HELL FUCKING YEAH! I paired Yang with Akatsuki (getting to him later) for the ultimate brawling team. Didn't work that well (against fitlhy Persona users) but my god it was full of punches xD Yang is bae!

Neo Politan sucks ass though. Not sure why would anyone use her in a match.

Ah, to be Yang again...

Other franchises: 3 characters stood out : Akihiko, Akatsuki and Blitztank. Akihiko is the ultimate brawler , he's a crossover from Dudley in SF3 and Dante with Balrog from DMC5. However he's too tough for me to handle so I dropped him soon.

Akatsuki and Blitztank were fucking hilarious though. Akatsuki is from an incredibly niche arcade that covers a retconned WW2 version, didn't get it too well but whatever he is called the thunder fist god so that's enough for me. He's incredibly technical and immensely fun. You need twice as much work to get good with him but the reward is mega satisfying.

Blitztank is a fucking tank with a skull instead of a cannon. I shit you not it's a literal huge tank with a hitbox half the size of the screen. Defeating an enemy with him though gives you 100 extra street creds and makes everyone jealous of your tank power.

EE2pWmFUUAAqBoz.jpg

The biggest bois in the game

I don't know what to say more about this game without going full nerd so yeah...pick this game. Even if you aren't into fighting games. Just for the mega fun times and ridiculous action. Good soundtrack, fuckton of characters and Big in Japan mega sale price. I will keep playing and improving myself, because it finally convinced me to give Blazblue a go. 

God damn the soundtrack is so good...I NEED GUILTY GEAR STRIVE!

THE GOOD:

-peak gameplay

-fuckton of characters

-soundtrack is 12/10. I don't know it broke the scale for me

-Made me like RWBY characters

-you have a goddamn tank

THE BAD:

-online is dead

-Persona characters aren't my cup of tea

-some teams are way better than others

Final note : 2 more soundtracks because it's my trophy checklist and I can share whatever I want xD BlazBlue really blew my mind

💯 No. 17 : Neighbours back From Hell

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1602176413

No Platinum

Hardest Trophy : Prank Master - Finish all episodes 11S789bb2.png

Difficulty : 1.5/10 - I know this game by heart by now, I would have put it a 1/10 if not for my gf pointing out a trick that I've missed

Personal impression : 6.5/10

I was utterly surprised when I heard that the famous (in Europe at least) Neighbours From Hell was getting a remaster and a port over to PS4. In this game you play as Woody, a kid who has the most nightmarish neighbour ever. Hired by a show company, he must sneak into his neighbour's house and pull various pranks that will get the audience laughing and drive the neighbour mad.

The entire game (which consists of Neighbours From Hell 1 and 2) is played in a 2D perspective. Initially you have just a few rooms opened, progressing through the game will unlock more rooms in the neighbour's house and more activities and pranks. After finishing with the  house, you follow the neighbour in his vacation trip with his love interest Olga and his mother. 

Most pranks are pretty straightforward and stringing multiple pranks together is a blast, but in NFH 2 they are abit more obscure and difficult to figure out. While the first game had all the charm, the second game really gets more tricky into pulling consecutive strings of pranks.

This is a cute game but as a remaster...it has issues. The only GOOD thing about the remaster is that they replaced some puzzles (not much of a difference if you played the original, but still a nice addition) and the controls of Woody now enable you to move even faster and on diagonal (which would have helped in the original release, me being caught several times by the Neighbour just because the damn kid wouldn't move fast enough).

However, some of the puzzles were straight out removed (where's the hunting mission, or the laundry mission in NFH1? ) and the game is piss easy .In the original releases, you had to constantly make the audience laugh based on how well you string your pranks and how much you can annoy your Neighbour. Based on your score you would get a bronze, silver or gold neighbour statue. Some missions were utter hell because you had to really plan out with a time limit. All these systems were completely dropped in the remaster, now you only need to figure out the pranks and you're good.

And the last thing...the game lost its charm. There was a map in NFH2. There was a wonderful tutorial in NFH1. I don't know, it was a nice nostalgia trip, but now I wish to play the original more.

It's a nice game, but buy it at a discount. It's not worth it full price.

THE GOOD :

- nostalgia rush

- unique game where you prank your annoying neighbour

- some puzzles are straight out fun

- 2 games in 1

THE BAD:

- lost alot of its charm on the way

- missing rooms and puzzles

- way too easy now

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

Completely out of the loop and mildly from the whole thread, but man... May I ask you, why did you fin AC: O boring/tedious for the Platinum? I've played it with a cousin which got it for birthday years ago and I just simply consider it an average open world game with the AC formula on the top of it. Don't get me wrong and neither want to negatively psych but I have this one on the waiting list and really want to try it. Thanks man, and good work with all those fighting and absurdly hard games! You have my humble respect! ;) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenoblast91 said:

Completely out of the loop and mildly from the whole thread, but man... May I ask you, why did you fin AC: O boring/tedious for the Platinum? I've played it with a cousin which got it for birthday years ago and I just simply consider it an average open world game with the AC formula on the top of it. Don't get me wrong and neither want to negatively psych but I have this one on the waiting list and really want to try it. Thanks man, and good work with all those fighting and absurdly hard games! You have my humble respect! ;) 

Many thanks xD Ok I know that was a controversial choice, especially since I enjoyed AC: O , but

As a game - fantastic Assassin's Creed. Can't deny its brilliance

As a platinum - holy crap finding all the goddamn question marks drove me insane. Also completing them was double insane, especially since I had to search for some dumb chests and Senu just wouldn't cooperate.

Kinda that's the best explanation that I could give xD I tried to search for another game but every time those damn war camps came to my mind so...yeah.

• Like 1

My take on Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey is they're a giant playground that aren't that fun to play in.

I'm a real sucker for ancient Egyptian/Greek history, and throwing in the mythology in Odyssey sounds extremely tempting. Yet somehow Ubisoft manages to make these open worlds incredibly boring and overly formulaic.

Personally I prefer the old Assassin's Creed, not the original game mind you, but Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. There's a bit of nostalgia in them for me, and they were just the right length, presenting the stories of both Desmond Miles and Ezio Auditore in good fashion.

With Origins and Odyssey, the open world is far too big. Odyssey's open world is just insane, it's good that they didn't force you to explore every part of the map and do a bunch of filler shit because that would literally take ages.

I haven't found anything from Ubisoft in recent years that has really impressed me or has given me a good reason to buy their damn games. Far Cry 5 has the whole white trash dumb redneck style shit going on and that is a serious turn off for me. Far Cry New Dawn is basically the same location a generation later. The new Watch Dogs game that is set to release is.... meh. Far Cry 6? Doesn't look like anything I'd bother with. I got two Watch Dogs games already to play through, hopefully I won't get bored part way.

@Spaz I have the bad feeling that you will get bored by Watchdogs 1. It doesn't look like a good game.

Also I think we had like 2 pages dedicated for Assassin's Creed topic alone xD but to make a big condensed idea for Xenoblast, it's a wonderful Ancient Egypt representation with a mediocre gameplay.

I don't wanna dive in the AC topic again until Valhalla comes out. When that happens...woo boy.

7 hours ago, Spaz said:

My take on Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey is they're a giant playground that aren't that fun to play in.

I'm a real sucker for ancient Egyptian/Greek history, and throwing in the mythology in Odyssey sounds extremely tempting. Yet somehow Ubisoft manages to make these open worlds incredibly boring and overly formulaic.

Personally I prefer the old Assassin's Creed, not the original game mind you, but Assassin's Creed 2 and Brotherhood. There's a bit of nostalgia in them for me, and they were just the right length, presenting the stories of both Desmond Miles and Ezio Auditore in good fashion.

With Origins and Odyssey, the open world is far too big. Odyssey's open world is just insane, it's good that they didn't force you to explore every part of the map and do a bunch of filler shit because that would literally take ages.

I haven't found anything from Ubisoft in recent years that has really impressed me or has given me a good reason to buy their damn games. Far Cry 5 has the whole white trash dumb redneck style shit going on and that is a serious turn off for me. Far Cry New Dawn is basically the same location a generation later. The new Watch Dogs game that is set to release is.... meh. Far Cry 6? Doesn't look like anything I'd bother with. I got two Watch Dogs games already to play through, hopefully I won't get bored part way.

Exactly the opinion I was expecting but not wanting, to be honest LOL. However, as is Spaz which is speaking, I can more or less understand how you enjoy the game my friend. I know you're an AC core fan since its roots, but I honestly want to take a shot in them and see if those drag me to play other games from the saga. However, as open-world games (which were the standard in this generation at least until the last quarter before Battle Royale took the scene) I can enjoy them per se as games, but nothing more. 

Anyway, that adventure should wait. Other stuff in the run and really want to give the time it requires to be fully appreciated according to my standards and the like. Happy hunting mate ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Spaz said:

If that's how you feel about the other 2 series, you'll be let down by Watchdogs, I think it's the weakest they have and was surprised they made a sequel. I even played it when it was first out since there wasn't much for PS4 at the time.

There are 2 ways to play through the AC games (or any Ubi open world really). Either you just play through the story with a little side stuff sprinkled in or you go for the platinum. I think if you do the former, they are pretty good open world games, which are set up historically accurate as possible. You can go someplace to knock out a few side parts, say ok this place was cool to see and move on. If you go for the platinum, its like ok here's the same patch of sand for the 5th time in the middle of the dessert (AC Origins) and now I have to find this box that contains 40 Egypt bucks, which does not matter in the least for beating the game. Unity was actually a neat time period to play in, but man did the trophies suck. Tacked on coop multiplayer and collectables made the platinum just boring to get. (I haven't gotten it, but I went about half way before saying screw it as it was ruining the game for me, I'll go back someday.)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Copanele said:

@Spaz

I don't wanna dive in the AC topic again until Valhalla comes out. When that happens...woo boy.

Not buying it at full price. It will have to get a heavy discount for me to consider it. 

10 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

I know you're an AC core fan since its roots, but I honestly want to take a shot in them and see if those drag me to play other games from the saga. However, as open-world games (which were the standard in this generation at least until the last quarter before Battle Royale took the scene) I can enjoy them per se as games, but nothing more. 

The problem is they got over saturated. GTA 3 started the formula, Assassins Creed II popularized the formula. But there’s far too many open world games. 

The past 3 - 4 years of Sony exclusives are mostly all open world. Without the open world, Ubisoft wouldn’t have much of a leg to stand on.

9 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

If that's how you feel about the other 2 series, you'll be let down by Watchdogs, I think it's the weakest they have and was surprised they made a sequel. I even played it when it was first out since there wasn't much for PS4 at the time.

Watch Dogs is essentially a bunch of millennial hipsters who think they’re cool because they have a fashion statement. They try to fit in with the modern era and think they’re snazzy because of their expertise with electronics and computers. 

I don’t like a lot of hipsters. 

9 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Unity was actually a neat time period to play in, but man did the trophies suck. Tacked on coop multiplayer and collectables made the platinum just boring to get. (I haven't gotten it, but I went about half way before saying screw it as it was ruining the game for me, I'll go back someday.)

Unity is garbage. Big wasted opportunity for Arno and Elise. The Assassin Order was a bunch of buffoons who cast out Arno, he gets drunk and goes his own way of killing the Grand Templar. None of the Templars were memorable. The one older Assassin who calls Arno “piss pot”, what the fuck was that about? 

Chest collectibles took many hours to collect them all on their own.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Spaz said:

Unity is garbage. Big wasted opportunity for Arno and Elise. The Assassin Order was a bunch of buffoons who cast out Arno, he gets drunk and goes his own way of killing the Grand Templar. None of the Templars were memorable. The one older Assassin who calls Arno “piss pot”, what the fuck was that about? 

Chest collectibles took many hours to collect them all on their own.

Oh the story stopped at ac3, just killed it right there. But I still enjoy the gameplay and settings of the newer ones.

"Piss pot" reminds me of the nicknames in mw games, but to a rookie they wanted to pick on, like "Pile". Guess it would be urinal in modern times haha.

Unity is so SO much better in French. The only jarring part is the lip sync which is stuck in English and trust me it is obvious. 

Unity however had kinda the best parkour in my opinion. Running in that game was super fun. However the rest was kinda disappointing imo. Arno however... As much as i hated him, getting drunk every tine shit went south was the most normal thing in that series XD. Bellec was kinda the only good character minus the pisspot shit. 

But what unites me and @Spaz into loathing Unity are those goddamn CHESTS!!!!!!! Ffffuck those chests dear lord almighty. Its not only that they are a fuckton, they're so annoying to access it's not even funny. Plus you need the lockpick skill for most of them.

That goddamn chest map will forever haunt me xD

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Not buying it at full price. It will have to get a heavy discount for me to consider it. 

I wouldn't ever recommend that. Honestly I will buy it earlier (not at launch), I'll bite that bullet cause i am a sucker for history, buuuut I will keep you informed if its worth it or it is a dumpster fire with vikings in it. 

So in conclusion @Xenoblast91 if you want to play them just for fun and not have anything to do with the story.. Play AC4 Black flag xD it's fun pirates stuff.

Swear every time I have an assassin creed topic I get into the goddamn chests discussion... Fuck you UNITY! 

Also unrelated topic... I am close to finishing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 (grinded for 12 hours or so and finally got somewhat close to the end). Minor spoilers : I will rant. A LOT!!!!! 

• Like 1

Arno was a whiny sissy. Shay from Assassin's Creed Rogue and Edward Kenway from Black Flag were both much better 'drunkards'. Edward had enough charm and personality for me to place him as my second favorite Assassin, behind Ezio of course.

Yeah I was aware Bellec was supposed to be a weather beaten, older Assassin who witnessed a lot of tragedies. Still doesn't excuse him from saying 'piss pot' to his younger comrade Arno. However I sort of appreciate the more serious, realistic nature of Unity. In Syndicate they basically made much of the story comic relief, with the Frye twins bantering with each other for witty dialogue. Jacob Frye and his Rooks, what kind of stupid shit was that?

Black Flag is a very good single player experience but it has those tacked on online trophies. So @Xenoblast91 if you want to finish the game I'd suggest doing the online first, and maybe do the Freedom Cry DLC since that is an actual worthy DLC with Adewale, who was Kenway's quartermaster.

11 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I wouldn't ever recommend that. Honestly I will buy it earlier (not at launch), I'll bite that bullet cause i am a sucker for history, buuuut I will keep you informed if its worth it or it is a dumpster fire with vikings in it.

Ubisoft looks like they borrowed a lot from For Honor.

As much as I want them to take the series to Feudal Japan and China, you already got Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Ghost of Tsushima. So we don't need another game set in that location. Ubisoft would probably make Ghost of Tsushima be a fucking masterpiece (it is a good game, but not greatest game by any stretch) in comparison because of how goddamn boring some of their open world games are.

I will buy it cheap, because so far Valhalla is not worth full price to me.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Ubisoft looks like they borrowed a lot from For Honor.

As much as I want them to take the series to Feudal Japan and China, you already got Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice and Ghost of Tsushima. So we don't need another game set in that location. Ubisoft would probably make Ghost of Tsushima be a fucking masterpiece (it is a good game, but not greatest game by any stretch) in comparison because of how goddamn boring some of their open world games are.

I will buy it cheap, because so far Valhalla is not worth full price to me.

Maan , you reminded me of For Honor. One of Ubisoft's better games in the later years, ruined by Ubisoft in the next year xD That game was SO GODDAMN GOOD in the first 3 seasons, but now? I would urge anyone to never bother. But yeah, given how they had all that material, Valhalla was the safest choice as the next AC in the series.

And that's why nobody will see a feudal japan AC game too soon. It's too risky for their business. Double so, now that they would have to compete with Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima (and Nioh 2 as of late).

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

And that's why nobody will see a feudal japan AC game too soon. It's too risky for their business. Double so, now that they would have to compete with Sekiro and Ghost of Tsushima (and Nioh 2 as of late).

Risky because other games already pinpointed the Feudal Japan time period?