Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

5 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Risky because other games already pinpointed the Feudal Japan time period?

I believe yeah, it's a difficult historical setting compared to other places. Sucker Punch nailed it with Ghost of Tsushima because it was their only major project and it was the "go big or go home" attitude. Basically Ubisoft would actually have to put in major work and "not mess around" with that game.

That's what I think at least. It is honestly odd to me too that they would avoid it but given how they act lately...it's not that surprising.

Ah well fuck it. Vikings will do for a while.

Just now, Copanele said:

I believe yeah, it's a difficult historical setting compared to other places. Sucker Punch nailed it with Ghost of Tsushima because it was their only major project and it was the "go big or go home" attitude. Basically Ubisoft would actually have to put in major work and "not mess around" with that game.

That's what I think at least. It is honestly odd to me too that they would avoid it but given how they act lately...it's not that surprising.

Ah well fuck it. Vikings will do for a while.

Sucker Punch had several years of time and development to work with after they finished inFamous: Second Son and inFamous: First Light. As someone who played both, I can definitely recommend them since I feel they still hold up as PS4 open world games.

Ubisoft on the other hand usually works on several projects at once, and I feel that results in games being less polished and less impressive. They're a company that does things "by the numbers" so to speak, sometimes they'll come out with a crown jewel from time to time, but not often.

• Like 1

Will interrupt the usual Assassin's Creed game discussions with a platinum rant. Need to get this off my chest or whatever you call it :

:platinum: No. 109 : One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

header.jpg?t=1658450275

Luffy's face shows exactly what I'd do to this game

Platinum Name : I'm going to become the king of pirates! 1Sfb414d.png

Hardest Trophy : We...Know everything in all history...16S9cd6a1.png 100% the entire gallery. 

Difficulty : 1.5/10. Awful grindy game, however if anyone has issues with this game difficulty wise...he should reconsider his hobbies.

Personal impression : 0/10 - yeah it's utterly unfair and biased, but I can't feel anything good about this game at the moment. I might edit this later idk.

The nightmare is finally over. One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 was the absolute worst game from my backlog and I knew what to expect, considering that I did Pirate Warriors 2 before. Still, this is one of the most awful and painful videogames that I have ever touched. Again I think I broke the world record for deleting a piece of media from a device. I think the save got corrupted cause I closed the app mid-saving once the platinum popped. Not to be confused, this is not a BAD game, just an insanely BORING one. 

Anyway onto the game : PW3 retells the story of One PIece from the first arc until the Doflamingo arc. Pretty straightforward : Pick one of the available crew (preferably Luffy since he's the main character) and demolish the hordes of enemies that show up on the map. The map is usually peppered with a sub-boss and ends up with a final boss that you have to pulverize. Game being stupid easy even on hard mode, you won't notice when you accidentally cleaned up the map.

There's another mode called "Dream Log". You have to clear a fuckton of islands and reach the final island or some shit. Simple stuff.

What's new with this game is that you have a mechanic called Kizuna : compared to the previous games, you now charge a "crew bar" (available crew is shown at the bottom of the bar). Once you get 3 crew bars you can activate a Kizuna Rush, which gets you uber strong and uber fast and you can attack with your crewmate. Another bar shows up that tells you how much time your Kizuna is active. Killing enemies in that mode will reward you with Exclamation mark points, !  . Remember this point, it's very important. These ! points are the sole reason this game is fucking annoying.

In conclusion, the game is piss easy : Pick your fav char, beat shit up, level up, gain coins to level up more, yadda yadda the most basic game ever. If you don't consider the platinum, this is the most mediocre ass game in existence. You must be a fanatic One Piece fan to love this game, else I can't see how anyone would legit enjoy it. With the platinum however, this game becomes an abysmal nightmare of a grind. The platinum is basically 100%-ing the entire gallery which is a titanic task. Basically:

- Get all story levels on S rank on Hard mode (3000-3500 kills, 2000 ! kills, under 10-15 minutes completion time depending on level)

- Get all hidden requirements of each level (some dumb shit ranging from reaching point A before an enemy to finishing the level with a different character)

- completing all islands in the Dream Log with S rank

getting all 64 characters to Max crew level 5

I have to admit, the first 3 tasks weren't that bad to do, they even were interesting at some points. Problem appeared when I had to level up all the characters.Most of those characters can only be selected as crew members (they aren't playable) and from those that are playable, only a maximum of 10 are actually functional and can clean up large maps instantly. So this turned into a complete mess of a grind. I went straight up for admiral Fujitora, a beast of a marine with the special gravity ability to summon meteors from the sky. Basically an old blind Sephiroth. He was by far the best guy to grind as, followed closely by Whitebeard who could quake the entire scene (but his killing was too fast).

Now why this grind was so bad : you need Kizuna ! points to level up a character. You can get a maximum of (supposedly) 9999 ! points on a level (you'll never have enough enemies for that anyway). That 9999 points only give you 2 crew levels per crew. That turned into a massive slog and totally killed my mood for this game. Even with getting perks for Kizuna bar, it still took way too much time.

So yeah...fuck this game with a stick. This grind was comparable with My Kung Fu is Stronger for me. Every time I had a good kill streak my characters engaged into some stupid ass conversation and thus making me lose my Kizuna bar. Camera would not stop going bonkers. Focusing on an enemy removed any kind of control over your character. The music was brain damaging, the constant yells and lines are headache inducing and the game itself is flashy but in a bad way. I ran through all my emergency podcasts and videos to complete this piece of shit of a game and I still can't remember what I did in the final 3 hours. I just woke up with the platinum.

CONCLUSION : Stay away from this game. If you are a Musou fan good for you I guess, I don't understand the appeal of these games and these shitty ass grinds and your tastes in general. I never have been more annoyed at a game in my entire life. Had I been forced, I'd rather stack Injustice again than having to go through this absolute garbage.

I'll stick to the manga from now on. No more crappy game adaptations from my part.

And yeah I will do Far Cry Primal. Can't be as bad as this turd of a game.

THE GOOD:

- lots of characters

- flashy stuff

- good for One Piece fans

- it deletes almost instantly on PS4

THE BAD:

UNREAL GRIND

- nauseating music

- 0 challenge whatsoever

- half of the characters that you have to level up are pointless

- YARO DONO that Whitebeard keeps screaming gave me Japanese sickness

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

@Copanele Congratulations on One Piece! I love the series and was tempted to purchase the Pirate Warriors 4 - Ultimate Edition, but I don't care if it's grindy. At this point, if the trophies are obtainable, I'll do them. But considering is an adaptation, Bandai Namco does a very poor decision towards manga/anime stuff translated into games. I guess the thing has been like that since years ago. It's like the topic that brought out days ago about why there couldn't be good movies/series based upon games, and I think the principle applies in reverse too. 

@Spaz I've just get in touch with few AC through the years, due many friends are super fans of the series. However, Origins specifically was the one that draw my attention when I was minding to jump into a new console, and I plan to play it 100% no matter what. I don't even think to dive into the whole series, since AC I has only achievements for X360 and not for PS3, I think that only with this and may be Odyssey, will be enough. Of course, I somehow get in touch with other titles of the series I would try them, but you make a point: this generation was flooded with open-world games never seen before, but the formula became generic and without substance. Anyway, I was just wondering about Copanele's statement for the "boring" part of it, so as told above, I don't care. While is obtainable, is possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Will interrupt the usual Assassin's Creed game discussions with a platinum rant. Need to get this off my chest or whatever you call it :

:platinum: No. 109 : One Piece Pirate Warriors 3

2934769-image-2.jpg

Glad to see you can now throw that in the trash. I started playing that game on PC a few years back and after about 2 hours I was bored, I couldn't imagine what kind of slog it would be to 100% it. It is crazy that it isn't a lower percent platinum because of the grind. I love the series, but I'll stick to your advice about not getting anymore game adaptations about it as they all seem very low budget half assed games.

I did however plat the fighting game version, One Piece: Burning Blood, and it wasn't too bad, not sure I would call it a competitive level fighting game by any stretch though. Also, I just remembered that I did pick up One Piece Unlimited World, which is more RPGish and will give that a try sometime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xenoblast91 said:

@Copanele Congratulations on One Piece! I love the series and was tempted to purchase the Pirate Warriors 4 - Ultimate Edition, but I don't care if it's grindy. At this point, if the trophies are obtainable, I'll do them. But considering is an adaptation, Bandai Namco does a very poor decision towards manga/anime stuff translated into games. I guess the thing has been like that since years ago. It's like the topic that brought out days ago about why there couldn't be good movies/series based upon games, and I think the principle applies in reverse too. 

Yeah idk, the adaptation is super super bad. I already suffered through PW2, but PW3 sealed the deal : this will be a series that I will forever avoid from now on.

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

Glad to see you can now throw that in the trash. I started playing that game on PC a few years back and after about 2 hours I was bored, I couldn't imagine what kind of slog it would be to 100% it. It is crazy that it isn't a lower percent platinum because of the grind. I love the series, but I'll stick to your advice about not getting anymore game adaptations about it as they all seem very low budget half assed games.

I did however plat the fighting game version, One Piece: Burning Blood, and it wasn't too bad, not sure I would call it a competitive level fighting game by any stretch though. Also, I just remembered that I did pick up One Piece Unlimited World, which is more RPGish and will give that a try sometime.

I thought Pirate Warriors series is something like Burning Blood in the beginning, I mean that's what I imagined I was playing in the first place. Now I wouldn't touch Burning Blood either, it looks slow as hell. But yeah Pirate Warriors 3....just steer clear from it. It has its dedicated fanbase though, that's why the percentage is so high

I’ve played farrrrrr worse games than One Piece @Copanele. I think you and I agree you’ll rather play this than those terribly boring visual novels I played a couple months ago.

Great job by the way. Won’t ever get this, One Piece just ain’t my style. Now you can roll full steam with King of Fighters XIII. 

Oh and uh, maybe start Far Cry Primal? Please?

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

I’ve played farrrrrr worse games than One Piece @Copanele. I think you and I agree you’ll rather play this than those terribly boring visual novels I played a couple months ago.

Great job by the way. Won’t ever get this, One Piece just ain’t my style. Now you can roll full steam with King of Fighters XIII. 

Oh and uh, maybe start Far Cry Primal? Please?

@Spaz you have no idea xD at worst I could use turbo controller on visual novels and be done with them. I felt like I was trapped with PW3. As I said, to re-quote myself  : Not to be confused, this is not a BAD game, just an insanely BORING one. 

SO yeah in terms of actual bad game, I still have to give it to the likes of DMC2. But in terms of boredom? Heck this game rules.

Also check my profile. I finally went to unga bunga land :D 

:platinum: No. 110 : Overwatch

+?% completion

Overwatch_cover_art.jpg

Platinum Name : Overwatch Platinum Trophy 1S15aec7.png

Hardest Trophy(Legit method) : Air Strike - get a killing blow with Doomfist's full-powered seismic slam 67S2d08cf.png

Difficulty : 10/10 (if done with randoms), 8/10 (if done with a party of friends), 3/10 (if boosted)

Personal impression : 7.8/10

Overwatch is an odd entry on my list. I never initially planned on playing this game, but one day there was a massive discount for the Origins Edition (something like 70% discount) so I said sure, let's give it a try. Played quite a bit of it and while enjoying it initially, the addition of more and more weird and OP characters and constant change in the characters' background for management reasons made me slowly drift away from this game. Also the platinum and the trophy requirements are completely busted xD 

But anyway, for those who barely know anything about videogames, Overwatch is a 6v6 online shooter where you pick one out of the 32 available heroes and duke it out on various maps. Each hero has abilities and an ultimate that charges up as you damage enemies. You have heroes ranging from the traditional CoD character Soldier 76 with his machine gun, the time bending Tracer that zaps around like a mosquito, an angry gorilla, various types of robots, a ...hamster in a ball and a grandma who shoots with vitamins at allies and AIDS syringes at enemies. In one word, a menagerie.

There's 3 main modes (excluding the events) : Payload (guard the car while it drives to the destination), Assault (one team attacks objectives while the other defends) and Control (control the main point and get more points than the enemy team). Simple and to the point.

Now since there's not much to say about this game, other than the community is toxic and the game itself can be super fun, let's talk trophies. 40% of them are utter bullshit. Of course, most of them are manageable if you get very good with one character, but some of them are so situational and rng related it is borderline impossible to get them without a good team or via boosting. Given that the newer characters have more and more broken trophies, boosting really becomes the preferred option.

For instance, getting 4 kills with McCree's ultimate High Noon is pretty decent,if you learn the maps especially ( that's how I did it at least, sneaking behind the enemy lines in a Payload mission). However, Doomfist's Cratered (hit 6 enemies with his ultimate ability) is super dumb to get. Not only you need to hit all the enemy team at once into an area that shows up and alerts them when the ultimate is coming, but if any of them pop a shield (like Winston's shield dome for instance) you won't be able to hit. The legit method would be having a Zarya teammate that uses her ultimate gravity ball to draw all the suckers in one place and THEN hope that you get this trophy.

Other than that....There's not much to say about this game, really. It's fun and with fast matches, as long as you don't go into the lore and the community. Trust me you don't want to do that.

THE GOOD:

- quick fun time 

- ton of weird unique characters

- smooth gameplay

THE BAD:

- painful trophies

- the fun wears off after a while

- story keeps being massacred due to management decisions 

- one of the worst communities in videogame history

Extra : This is more for me, but I will make a list of all trophies that I got legit, just for my own satisfaction. 

Spoiler

All non-character trophies (wins, hp etc) done legit

Reaper : Die Die Die - kill 4 enemies with ultimate

McCree : Whoa there - flashbang interrupt an ultimate, It's High Noon - kill 4 enemies with ultimate

Pharah : Clearing the area - knock an enemy out of the map with Concussive blast

Soldier 76 : Rocket Man - kill 2 enemies at once with Helix rockets , Target Rich Environment - kill 4 enemies with ultimate

Tracer : Total Recall - Recover 400 HP without dying with Tracer's Rewind ability , Special Delivery - stick 4 ultimate bombs on enemies in one match.

Bastion : Triple Threat - kill 2 enemies with each configuration without dying, Charge : Kill 4 enemies with ultimate

Junkrat: Mine like a steel traop - throw an enemy into your steel trap with your mine, Roadkill : Kill 4 enemies with ultimate

Mei : Ice Blocked - Block 1200 damage with your Ice Wall ability , Cold Snap : Freeze 4 enemies at once (during ultimate)

Torbjorn : Armor Up - absorb 500 armor damage without dying

Widowmaker : Did that sting?- kill 4 enemies with poison mines , Smooth as silk - snipe headshot one enemy while airborne

D.Va : Shot Down - Block 1500 damage with D.Va's defence matrix

Reinhart : I am your shield - block 8000 damage without dying, Earth Wind and Fire - Land Reinhardt's 2 abilities after landing the ultimate on an enemy

Roadhog : Giving you the hook - interrupt an ultimate with the hook, Hog Wild - knock 2 enemies off the map with the ultimate

Winston : Mine Sweeper - destroy 10 mines or traps without dying , Anger Management - hit 6 enemies while in ultimate mode

Zarya : Power Overwhelming - keep Zarya's particle cannon above 70 for 1 minute, The power of attraction - capture 5 enemies into one graviton ultimate

Lucio : The floor is lava - kill 3 enemies while wall riding as Lucio without dying, Supersonic - Block 1000 damage with Lucio's ultimate

Mercy : Group health plan - heal 5 allies for 200 damage without dying, Huge Rez - resurrect 6 DIFFERENT allies without dying

Symmetra : Car Wash - hit an enemy with 3 beams at the same time, Huge Success - Teleport 20 allies with your teleporters

Zennyata : The Iris embraces you - heal 1500 damage with Zennyata's ult.

DLC 

Ana : Naptime - interrupt an ultimate with the sleep dart

Sombra : Hack the Planet -  hack 15 enemies without dying

Doomfist : Airstrike - kill 1 enemy with one fully charged air strike attack from doomfist - the most situational trophy i've gotten legit

Moira : Simple Trigonometry - deplete both Moira's damage and heal orbs without dying in one usage

Brigitte : Grounded - kill an airborne enemy with the Whip Shot , Excuse Me - interrupt an ultimate with the shield bash

Hammond: Adaptation - Absorb 1500 damage with Hammond's shield, Strike - roll through 4 enemies in 2 seconds

Ashe : Short Fuse - Kill an enemy by shooting at the thrown dynamite from at least 30 meters (good luck figuring out how much 30 meters is), Served up - kill an enemy while being launched by BOB (ultimate robot)

Sigma : Conservation of Energy - Gain 350 shield with a single use of Sigma's Kinetic Grasp

Echo : Adaptability - copy 2 heroes and use their ultimates without dying - charge your ult as echo, copy hero, charge his ult, use it.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 4

I'd give Far Cry Primal a 6 or 7 out of 10 in rating. Not really a bad game by any means but it does nothing innovative or special. The issue is Ubisoft doesn't want to take risks, which is why many of their games feel like the same copy n paste formula. If you played enough Far Cry games, you pretty much know what to expect from Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn. I have doubts I will ever get these games because I don't like the themes they use, plus it's just more of the same I've already dealt with in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4.

Personally I enjoy Assassin's Creed a lot more. The lore, the settings, the history and the correlation between the past and the present day all make up for an interesting franchise. Honestly I stopped really caring about the present day after Desmond Miles died. People are going to go "He died a long time ago, that was back in 2012, get over yourself blah blah blah blah blah," yeah sure, Desmond died several years ago now, but he was still an important part of the story and the franchise itself. Layla can be interesting and intriguing, but goddamn she is so fucking annoying and narcissistic. I'd rather follow the adventures of Shaun or Rebecca, or bring Lucy Stillman back from the dead and offer some backstory on her. Even Warren Vidic was a lot more intriguing than Layla Hassan.

Watch Dogs? Ugh. Probably the weakest franchise they got outside of maybe For Honor. It's like a cookie cutter, pansy ass, safe version of Grand Theft Auto. Without the violence, the crude humor, the profanity, the sexual themes. Follow a bunch of millennial hipsters around who are all experts in computer electronics and hacking, which is Marcus's specialty in Watch Dogs 2.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Spaz said:

I'd give Far Cry Primal a 6 or 7 out of 10 in rating. Not really a bad game by any means but it does nothing innovative or special. The issue is Ubisoft doesn't want to take risks, which is why many of their games feel like the same copy n paste formula. If you played enough Far Cry games, you pretty much know what to expect from Far Cry 5 and Far Cry New Dawn. I have doubts I will ever get these games because I don't like the themes they use, plus it's just more of the same I've already dealt with in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4.

Personally I enjoy Assassin's Creed a lot more. The lore, the settings, the history and the correlation between the past and the present day all make up for an interesting franchise. Honestly I stopped really caring about the present day after Desmond Miles died. People are going to go "He died a long time ago, that was back in 2012, get over yourself blah blah blah blah blah," yeah sure, Desmond died several years ago now, but he was still an important part of the story and the franchise itself. Layla can be interesting and intriguing, but goddamn she is so fucking annoying and narcissistic. I'd rather follow the adventures of Shaun or Rebecca, or bring Lucy Stillman back from the dead and offer some backstory on her. Even Warren Vidic was a lot more intriguing than Layla Hassan.

Watch Dogs? Ugh. Probably the weakest franchise they got outside of maybe For Honor. It's like a cookie cutter, pansy ass, safe version of Grand Theft Auto. Without the violence, the crude humor, the profanity, the sexual themes. Follow a bunch of millennial hipsters around who are all experts in computer electronics and hacking, which is Marcus's specialty in Watch Dogs 2.

Yeah, I will be honest I liked Primal especially because it was simple, something Ubisoft should remember. Their games are so bloated, this was like a breath of fresh air. Yeah I enjoy Assassin's Creed more too, but...when you get to play Odyssey, you will understand why I loved Primal in its simplicity xD And this is why I won't even dare touch 5/New Dawn/6. I played FC3 and 4, it's the exact same. I can see the story and the villain on Youtube.

Watchdogs wasn't appealing from the start for me HOWEVER maaan...For Honor would have been the sickest game ever if it was developed by anyone else other than Ubisoft (ok maybe not EA). The game's ideas and combat are so good UGH but the choices in rebalancing, taking 6 fkin seasons to move from Peer2peer to dedicated servers and ...the fkin chinese faction (I mean in-game faction , don't report me ) ruined any semblance of fun. I can't bring myself to play this game anymore knowing that it went from realistic medieval warfare techniques to teleporting monkey island bullshit.

Every time I remember For Honor I get angry. Damn I fkin loved that game :( 

Far Cry Primal took me by surprise too, and I also think it's good because its simple. It's actually really impressive that they made a prehistoric Far Cry game feel like Far Cry. 

I played 5 and New Dawn, and yeah I enjoyed them but it's clear that these games are just copy and pastes of 3 which was obviously when the series became popular.

I still don't understand how Ubisoft get away with making the same game over and over again. I've become so disillusioned by them now, every single game they release plays the exact same way with a different skin. I tell you what though, they ALMOST had me with Watch Dogs Legion. I was starting to warm up to the game after seeing various things about it and being from the UK it would be nice to roam around London, but then they released their monetisation model for it the other day and I instantly changed my mind about it.

I've been playing AC3 recently on the PS3 to clean up some trophies and I know you're a fan of the series but Jesus fucking Christ I couldn't bear the idea of playing another Assassin's Creed title. I know 3 gets a bad rep anyway and I've been told the series improves but AC3 was the beginning of the end for me. It's such a simple game bogged down by overcomplicated systems. I don't even feel like I'm playing it when I am, it feels like its just 'press R1 to be an assassin'. 

Oops I went into a rant again. FC Primal is a good game! Shame they can't shake up the formula more often.

• Like 2

Meh. I honestly don't find walking around a modern day London in a video game to be all that exciting. If anything I'd go there myself to visit, but COVID-19 has put me off entirely, for how long, nobody knows.

Yes that's the problem. And Ubisoft just looks to be continuing the formula with Far Cry 6 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I mean let's face it, Far Cry, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed are pretty much what Ubisoft has to hold on to. Without those franchises the company would be in serious shit, because fuck if anybody cares about Rayman, given it's a platformer series and it's niche.

Assassin's Creed 3 just wasn't fun to platinum and 100 percent. My disappointment with the game back when it released I guess you can compare with how I felt about Mass Effect 3. A great deal of potential, but hugely wasted. It was like Ubisoft wanted to make Connor as much of a prick as humanly possible. He can't take jokes, he's not a guy with a sense of humor, he's a stern but boring character. Haythem Kenway was a prick too but at least he had more personality to him. Then you get to the present day story and the relationship with Desmond and William Miles that never goes anywhere. They built up this potential for Desmond only for it to go kaput.

Some of the optional mission objectives were just stupid. Exploring the underground entrances didn't seem to serve any purpose for me since none of them really mattered to where I'd use them as fast travel points. The interface was god awful. The Homestead was watching your workers go to work, why that was a trophy I'll never know. One of the challenges was literally 'lawnmowering' a good chunk of map in the Frontier because the game developers didn't bother to add enough vantage points that would reveal unexplored territory. And last but not least, having to hunt all those animals.

I think Ubisoft caught on to people not liking the Completionist trophy and decided to can it from being put into Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I like that game more, a far more cheerful protagonist and a gameplay aspect that was fun, which was attacking and boarding enemy ships.

5 hours ago, Spaz said:

Meh. I honestly don't find walking around a modern day London in a video game to be all that exciting. If anything I'd go there myself to visit, but COVID-19 has put me off entirely, for how long, nobody knows.

Yes that's the problem. And Ubisoft just looks to be continuing the formula with Far Cry 6 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I mean let's face it, Far Cry, Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed are pretty much what Ubisoft has to hold on to. Without those franchises the company would be in serious shit, because fuck if anybody cares about Rayman, given it's a platformer series and it's niche.

Assassin's Creed 3 just wasn't fun to platinum and 100 percent. My disappointment with the game back when it released I guess you can compare with how I felt about Mass Effect 3. A great deal of potential, but hugely wasted. It was like Ubisoft wanted to make Connor as much of a prick as humanly possible. He can't take jokes, he's not a guy with a sense of humor, he's a stern but boring character. Haythem Kenway was a prick too but at least he had more personality to him. Then you get to the present day story and the relationship with Desmond and William Miles that never goes anywhere. They built up this potential for Desmond only for it to go kaput.

Some of the optional mission objectives were just stupid. Exploring the underground entrances didn't seem to serve any purpose for me since none of them really mattered to where I'd use them as fast travel points. The interface was god awful. The Homestead was watching your workers go to work, why that was a trophy I'll never know. One of the challenges was literally 'lawnmowering' a good chunk of map in the Frontier because the game developers didn't bother to add enough vantage points that would reveal unexplored territory. And last but not least, having to hunt all those animals.

I think Ubisoft caught on to people not liking the Completionist trophy and decided to can it from being put into Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. I like that game more, a far more cheerful protagonist and a gameplay aspect that was fun, which was attacking and boarding enemy ships.

Sadly, all my effort of going for 100% in AC3 is in vain because my Head in the Clouds trophy glitched. I collected all the pivots and I've no trophy to show for it.

I did a lot of the 100% stuff back in 2012 and my god I can still remember how boring it was. Whoever thought of all that useless stuff hopefully doesn't work at Ubisoft anymore.

2 minutes ago, jonesey46 said:

Sadly, all my effort of going for 100% in AC3 is in vain because my Head in the Clouds trophy glitched. I collected all the pivots and I've no trophy to show for it.

I did a lot of the 100% stuff back in 2012 and my god I can still remember how boring it was. Whoever thought of all that useless stuff hopefully doesn't work at Ubisoft anymore.

Thankfully i did not attempt the PS3 version... Does it have that absolutely atrocious and shit picklock mechanism? All I remember from the initial PC version was that the lockpicking was absolutely ass to pull

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Thankfully i did not attempt the PS3 version... Does it have that absolutely atrocious and shit picklock mechanism? All I remember from the initial PC version was that the lockpicking was absolutely ass to pull

I.. actually can't remember. Which either means it wasn't in the game, or it was and it was so atrocious that I've purged it from memory ?

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

I.. actually can't remember. Which either means it wasn't in the game, or it was and it was so atrocious that I've purged it from memory 1f602.png

Hahah ok! So on the original PC version, instead of just opening the chest like in the remaster you had to lock pick, like finding an invisible slider by moving the mouse and once you found it you had to furiously click left mouse and right mouse button. Moving the mouse even a millimeter would ruin the minigame and you had to start again. 

People were complaining so much about it that they removed the minigame entirely from the remastered version. AC3 was a marvel and not in the good sense back when it was released xD 

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Hahah ok! So on the original PC version, instead of just opening the chest like in the remaster you had to lock pick, like finding an invisible slider by moving the mouse and once you found it you had to furiously click left mouse and right mouse button. Moving the mouse even a millimeter would ruin the minigame and you had to start again. 

People were complaining so much about it that they removed the minigame entirely from the remastered version. AC3 was a marvel and not in the good sense back when it was released xD 

That sounds bloody awful haha. I don't think it was in the console versions then cause it's not ringing any bells. 

Yup, might have been only on PC before it was briefly removed.

Anyhow, will do a quick platinum post of a "stack" of sorts, but not really :

:platinum: No. 112 : Under Night In-Birth Exe : Late - PS3

inbirth-1024x538.jpg

Platinum Name : Thanks for Playing! 1S42b1c4.png

Hardest Trophy : I'll be Byak 53Sa9efc6.png Execute a 90+hit with Byakuya

Difficulty : 2.5/10 - just abit more difficult than the PS4 version

Personal impression : 8/10

I initially did the st version of UNIST on PS4, which you can see here , so I am not going to review it again. The original PS3 version has less characters, but more "challenging" requirements. Sort of. Asking to do 5000+ damage or x+ combo hits might sound daunting but this game is very free-flowish so this didn't take too long

Just like the initial release, I liked playing this game. Not much to say other than what I covered in the initial review.

Also, I found 1 player in Ranked on PS3, compared to...nobody on PS4. Go Figure!!

THE GOOD:

- good gameplay and mechanics

- good soundtrack

- good arcade that introduces the characters - ruined by the visual novel stuff on PS4

- online is...populated?

THE BAD:

- no tutorial - introduced in PS4

- forgettable final boss.

- kinda barebones

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

I.. actually can't remember. Which either means it wasn't in the game, or it was and it was so atrocious that I've purged it from memory 1f602.png

You have to pick lock the chests if that’s what you guys were referring to. It was poorly implemented. 

Trust me @jonesey46, the series gets a bit better after Assassin’s Creed 3. At least the online in the original was easy.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

You have to pick lock the chests if that’s what you guys were referring to. It was poorly implemented. 

Trust me @jonesey46, the series gets a bit better after Assassin’s Creed 3. At least the online in the original was easy.

Ah sweet, someone remembers xD 

Yeah the series get better. I think AC Black Flag and Rogue were the ones that I enjoyed the most, post AC3? After that they got kinda bloated.

Man I WISHED I would enjoy Unity...such a good concept but such an ass implementation. How can you mess up the French Revolution like that! Half of you is french Ubisoft! 

Q_Q

48 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Ah sweet, someone remembers xD 

Yeah the series get better. I think AC Black Flag and Rogue were the ones that I enjoyed the most, post AC3? After that they got kinda bloated.

Man I WISHED I would enjoy Unity...such a good concept but such an ass implementation. How can you mess up the French Revolution like that! Half of you is french Ubisoft! 

Q_Q

I did Assassin's Creed 3 in April this year, how could I forget?

Unity was straight up boring and garbage for the most part. The protagonist was this whiny, self entitled millennial acting prick who never had the balls to step up until the very end of the story. The relationship between Arno and Elise had potential, but ultimately didn't really go anywhere. None of the villains were memorable, which was startling because I remember all the main antagonists in virtually every other Assassin's Creed game since the original. Collectibles were horrible. Pick lock a level 3 door, go inside, fight a couple bad guys with Unity's crap combat system, pick lock a level 3 chest. It was so damn tedious. Even more fun when some chests were underground and the underground entrance was a fair bit away from where they should of been placed.

Ubisoft was under fire at the time of Unity's release because of certain chests requiring a phone app in order to really access them, which Ubisoft later took out of the game. The stability issues, the amount of bugs and glitches, the game was just a mess. This is one reason why you should not make an annual AAA game franchise, because sooner or later you're going to have a lot of fuck ups.

I said all this and I didn't even see you finish Under Night. I'm sorry, I wish I could comment on that but I literally don't know anything about the game. But congratulations.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I said all this and I didn't even see you finish Under Night. I'm sorry, I wish I could comment on that but I literally know anything about the game. But congratulations.

You didn't miss anything really, I literally did that game under 1 day xD but thanks! 

Can't go rusty on fighting games!

@Arcesius I will have to summon your invaluable expertise about Diablo 3. I started tinkering with it again as a Necromancer, game finally starts to click abit but there's some questions that I have, now that I more or less understood the gist of it :

- how can I increase the difficulty? I am already on hard but the game is still super easy. How do i unlock the other modes? 

- are there missable trophies that can fuck me up big time? 

- I keep finding goblins that drop gold. Should i hunt for them? 

- finally, there's everywhere something about the bounty system and it's the grindiest part of the game (I think?) i dont really understand how that works. 

- all trophies can be achieved offline right? 

Sorry if I asked these questions a long while back but I cant find the replies anymore xD I wish to eventually start this chonky game and be done with it, so I can have a nice proper list :3