Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

23 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 148: One Finger Death Punch 2

apps.621.13814030419982666.05ec1078-5b3e-4764-8a9e-5b5bd0693bcf.02ab985f-216a-435c-a819-3ca94e199929

Platinum Name: Master Smasher1S5037a7.png

Hardest Trophy: King of the Hill 33Sed946f.png unlock level 8 in survival

Difficulty: 4.5/10

Personal Impression: 4000 years of Kung Fu history/10

arMqNv0_460s.jpg

Ever watched old Chinese Kung Fu movies? The ancient ones where 2 angry Kung Fu masters swear to revenge one on each other then start flying and kicking each other with the best sound effects ever created?

Ever dreamed that you could be one of those masters, fully utilizing Crane kick, or perhaps Viper style, or even Mantis mode? Flying around, channeling your chi, yelling Yatta Kawaii or other cultured words while defeating tons of evildoers with your magic chackra infused fists?

Well, if you dreamed of all that on a regular basis...you're probably a bit weird. Ah also One Finger Death Punch 2 is definitely for you.

giphy.gif

But what is OFDP2(that's the abbreviation, I won't write that name again)? Why am I spouting all this Chinese nonsense and sharing gifs like I snorted some of Grandma's flour spread over a cat's belly? Well, OFDP2 is the next best martial arts game after OFDP1 and Jade Empire. And probably Karateka. And...Street Fighter. Anyway it's a 2D stick figure fighting/rhythm game where you defeat waves after waves of angry stick figures with your kung fu moves. That's it, that's all the premise. You have 2 buttons, square for left and circle for right, an area where the enemy stick figures become vulnerable, press the right button (or the left button lel) to karate chop the living shit out of them. All at the press of one button. 

giphy.gif

The game looks deceptively simple at first. You go through a tutorial of sorts where the announcer (an old wise Kung Fu man) will slowly guide you through the mechanics of the game and the type of enemies. Some enemies are ranged users. Some require more hits to kill. Some swap places after hitting them. And some are so nasty that you enter into a special minigame with them. You have 10 lives per level and you must absolutely follow this rule no matter what: DO NOT MASH. The game will detect it and penalize (and mock) you. You would not want to disappoint your master, would you?

8e097a2d6b4db3394b252601505c0e15.gif

Anyway after you are done with the tutorial, the wise master is seemingly pleased with you and boots you out of the school in order to impress the world with your Kung Fu. There are 8 areas to be conquered with your impressive skills, each having lots of levels and bringing separate challenges.

The levels themselves are quite diverse. The regular brawl levels are the basic punch and kick until you're the only one left standing. In the "ball of death" levels, you must kick a ball into the poor enemies. Some levels require you to do x kills with a chainsaw, or with a lightsaber, or execute enemies in various traps. Yeah...the game is not all kung fu and sunshine xD 

Some levels may reward you with Revenge Tokens and Upgrade Points. Revenge tokens are special items that regenerate your life if you find a level too tough to beat. Just pop one of those and your HP will refill constantly during fights. Upgrade Points can be used to purchase various skills such as health, auto chainsaw summon, meteors, one hit kill karate chops and more. They're not required for your playthroughs but THEY DO HELP!

af549ae748db23c78365f6cbc6ae5235.gif

Now, normally the game is not that difficult. At least in the beginning. But do not be fooled by the platinum rarity. It's not that easy either. Final map can be a real headache to defeat, since you have tons of waves of enemies, especially in the last level. It's best to save your Revenge Tokens here to quickly blitz through it. And well, the survival mode, while pretty basic, requires you to defeat a certain number of enemies for one floor, then that same amount +200 more for the next floor unlock. You have to kill 1400 enemies to promote from floor 7 to floor 8, which is straight up impossible if you haven't levelled yourself up.

The game has other minigames but they are mostly stupid and disgusting so I will skip them.

3EWb.gif

CONCLUSION: If you want a dumb and bloody Stick Figures game where you beat the enemies in a way that would make Mortal Kombat blush, while reminiscing the good ol' Kung Fu movies with all the styles, bad lip sync and ka-pows, then this game is for you. It's usually dirt cheap.

Warning though, I am not responsible if this game awakens your Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

THE GOOD:

- dumb mindless fun game

- allowed me to use all these sweet gifs

- made me want to rewatch Drunken Master with Jackie Chan

- Announcer's "hoooohohoho Peeerrrufect" voice makes me want to do flying kicks

THE BAD:

- if taken seriously, this game ain't that fun

- not nearly as good as OFDP1

- abit too long for its own good

- Booger minigame is absolutely disgusting

- pretty much won't teach you actual Kung Fu

God. I watched all these movies these GIFs borrow from. These Kung Fu movies never get old.

Fun fact: I live not too far from Bruce Lee's gravesite in Seattle, Washington.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Oof. Sounds like you're giving the finger to One Finger Death Punch 1f62f.png

Oged3Th.gif

Disappointing, I know :( 

5 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

God. I watched all these movies these GIFs borrow from. These Kung Fu movies never get old.

Fun fact: I live not too far from Bruce Lee's gravesite in Seattle, Washington.

Those old Kung Fu movies were so good. I don't even know what their plot was, all I know is that they were mad entertaining.

Hah what were the odds. Living near the legend's resting site. Bruce Lee was something else...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 149 - Battle Fantasia

THE GOOD:

- this game made Arcsys realize that 3D models that emulate 2D are the very best - thus Guilty Gear XRd was born

- you get a ton of UR from this list

- it uninstalls pretty fast

Well that's a positive if I've ever seen one ? I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of this - so it seems - atrocity... I guess for every genre there is a game at the very bottom, it can only get better from here! :D 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

1f602.png Oh man, this one made me laugh.

You gotta follow this up by playing something you know you're gonna enjoy, mate! You sound like your souls was crushed by that one! 1f602.png

To be honest, all I had in mind when I was playing the story mode who was feeding me YET ANOTHER ENDING was this gif

BYgh8o.gif

But yeah, I wanna finish UMVC3 then I will totally chill with some Nioh 2. Or maybe start Uncharted. Or continue my DS2 SL1 fist only run. Anything but this xD 

2 hours ago, Arcesius said:

Well that's a positive if I've ever seen one 1f602.png I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review of this - so it seems - atrocity... I guess for every genre there is a game at the very bottom, it can only get better from here! :D 

So glad you didn't start your fighting games path with THIS one. I mean yeah Injustice 1 is pretty bad but this one...woo boy :D 

It could get worse than this. There are worse games but...those are pretty obvious xD this one was a trap for me.

• Like 2

Not gonna lie, that review gave me a good laugh all the way through. One of the good points of the game being that it can be uninstalled very fast was the culmination of everything you wrote there, lol. xD

All in all, I know this is hardly the best anything ArcSys has ever put out. It may look hideous, it may make you do random shit no one wants to do in a fighting game, but at least the gameplay is passable enough. For that reason alone *coughcoughandcatgirlCoyoricoughcough*, I'm willing to give this one a try. Surely it can't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be...right? Right? Anyone? ? I have a feeling @yuber1234 here is going to hate this one even more than Copanele here, not sure why. ?

• Like 3

Great write up! I echo all your sentiments on how bad this game is.

- Marco (kid on the poster) is horrible and must die

This made me laugh ?.

Poor Marco, he's only 9 years old, wants to pet his Dragon and avoid all your pokes. Makes Oddjob from Goldeneye blush with how hard it is to hit him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

For that reason alone *coughcoughandcatgirlCoyoricoughcough*, I'm willing to give this one a try. Surely it can't be as bad as everyone is making it out to be...right? Right? Anyone? 1f605.png I have a feeling @yuber1234 here is going to hate this one even more than Copanele here, not sure why. 1f602.png

Oh yes please play it I invite you I will share all my super duper IGN strategy guides and even send a complimentary basket of painkillers too ?

You will like Coyori, but will you survive until the end of this mad variant of Takeshi's castle?? Find out in the next episode of Honor Hand Z! 

This game got to my brain not gonna liexDBut really, the delete button works at an astounding 212 BPM, that won't disappoint you :)

4 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Poor Marco, he's only 9 years old, wants to pet his Dragon and avoid all your pokes. Makes Oddjob from Goldeneye blush with how hard it is to hit him.

He went to train in the forest, attacked animals and wanted to kill Watson in order to train. And cries every time he loses. He deserves all the slaps in the world xD

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I could use some painkillers. I hurt my right hand holding a heavy object the other day.

I would legit send some but chances are we would both have a visit from our trusted Protect and Serve representatives in our countries xD

• Like 1

Just now, Copanele said:

I would legit send some but chances are we would both have a visit from our trusted Protect and Serve representatives in our countries xD

The cost for shipping and handling I would have to pay for a product out of Romania would be fucking bonkers. We're still in an economic depression... sadly.

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Copanele said:

WARNING - The following post will have Dark Souls 2 boss spoilers

You have been warned

(also if you hate the series you won't probably care about this post anyway xD )

Special Completion - Dark Souls II Scholars of the First Sin

SL1 Fist Only Run

hqdefault.jpg

Difficulty Rating: 7.5/10

Enjoyment: Ranges from eating the best pizza in town to playing drums on your kneecaps with a hammer.

Hardest boss: Ivory King, the chaddest character in the series

Impressive stuff! Just goes to show that if you love a game/series enough, you will go beyond what the trophy list has to offer. I love Soulsborne but I never did any of these SL 1 runs so kudos to you, although I did try to do something similar with Sekiro but it’s not a Souls game so that doesn’t count. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Impressive stuff! Just goes to show that if you love a game/series enough, you will go beyond what the trophy list has to offer. I love Soulsborne but I never did any of these SL 1 runs so kudos to you, although I did try to do something similar with Sekiro but it’s not a Souls game so that doesn’t count. 

Many thanks! I personally think Sekiro also counts if you never upgrade your health bar/posture bar, just your damage. But also Sekiro is way more straightforward compared to the other Souls games, so that's at the decision of each individual :D 

I don't think I will attempt Sekiro though because I didn't enjoy it as much as the other Souls games.

• Like 1

What a run mate - I won't write a whole bunch here, as I've followed along the whole way anyways, but I'll miss the periodic updates on your status update - (felt like they were just for me at a certain point, but then, as the only person in the world to like DSII most out of the three, I guess that's fitting ?)

Amazing job - you just achieved ADP+10 ?

Now... The Surge Lv.1 run... :hmm::giggle:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

What a run mate - I won't write a whole bunch here, as I've followed along the whole way anyways, but I'll miss the periodic updates on your status update - (felt like they were just for me at a certain point, but then, as the only person in the world to like DSII most out of the three, I guess that's fitting 1f602.png)

Amazing job - you just achieved ADP+10 1f44d.png

Now... The Surge Lv.1 run... :hmm::giggle:

Many thanks xD and yeah sadly the status update has run its course now that Sir Alonne has also fallen. Yeah at some point they were mainly for you not gonna lie ? not gonna deprive you from the entertainment of being hit by random cats.

For Surge LV1 run, if I end up loving the game I will definitely do it. But it all depends on the game. For instance I would never do a Lords of the Fallen SL1 run. It was painful enough in the regular run.

• Like 1

Just now, Copanele said:

For instance I would never do a Lords of the Fallen SL1 run. It was painful enough in the regular run.

Every Lords of the Fallen run is a Souls level 1 run - in the sense that that playing that game crushes your own soul down to a nub.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Glad you got pain enjoyment out of the self imposed challenge run in Dark Souls 2. Now time to go back to torturing yourself through those awful, repetitive trials in UMVC3 1f915.png

465/480 and I already want to throw the controller out the window. 

Why are you doing such trash trials Capcom, WHY?

• Like 2

Just now, Copanele said:

465/480 and I already want to throw the controller out the window. 

Why are you doing such trash trials Capcom, WHY?

I FEEL your pain. Once I'm done with online, I will have to subject myself to doing more of those trials. You are so close, you got this! You can be done this week.

Still, I think I'd rather do UMVC3 trials than play through Story mode in Battle Fantasia or heck, play Battle Fantasia ever again.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I FEEL your pain. Once I'm done with online, I will have to subject myself to doing more of those trials. You are so close, you got this! You can be done this week.

Still, I think I'd rather do UMVC3 trials than play through Story mode in Battle Fantasia or heck, play Battle Fantasia ever again.

I think this is the "why can't we just play normal games like regular people" moment ?

• Like 2

On 2021-08-09 at 1:31 AM, Copanele said:

WARNING - The following post will have Dark Souls 2 boss spoilers

You have been warned

(also if you hate the series you won't probably care about this post anyway xD )

Special Completion - Dark Souls II Scholars of the First Sin

SL1 Fist Only Run

hqdefault.jpg

You’re a madman!!! This is a pretty amazing accomplishment, especially since you did it for the hell of it rather than a motivation for trophies. Well done man.

I’ve got the SOTFS in my PS4 backlog and was wondering what you thought about it compared to the PS3 version? I am really looking forward to replaying this one as I’ve read that they actually changed a whole bunch of stuff and redesigned enemy placements in many areas in the PS4 release. I’ve seen some people say that it almost feels like playing it for the first time again. Is that true?

Everyone seems to shit on DS2 but personally it’s one of my favourites. There are a few things like adaptability and soul memory that sucked, but a lot of the other innovations were very cool, and DS2 had the best build variety of all the games imo. A big part of the fun is constantly redesigning your character so you can try different builds and playstyles.

• Like 2