Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

On 03/10/2021 at 11:21 PM, Copanele said:

#155 - Unravel

I actually read this a couple of days back when you posted it. I just forgot to comment like a Nimrod!

That was a fantastic read as ever - and at the risk of sounding like a broken record (which quite frankly I often do anyway) you folks need to stop making me want to purchase all of these awesome games. Although I think from how you described it Unravel seems like a must!

You even made me almost pick up one or two fighting games recently after reading through some of your experiences with them - well, until I realised that I have about as much dexterity and aptitude for fighting games as Meathook from Monkey Island ? (a painter with no hands, and just hooks ?)

EDIT: Not sure why my post decided to post itself three times in one post :facepalm:

Keep up the awesome updates you beast!

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I actually read this a couple of days back when you posted it. I just forgot to comment like a Nimrod!

That was a fantastic read as ever - and at the risk of sounding like a broken record (which quite frankly I often do anyway) you folk need to stop making me want to purchase all of these awesome games. Although I think from how you described it Unravel seems like a must!

You even made me almost pick up one or two fighting games recently after reading through some of your experiences with them - well, until I realised that I have about as much dexterity and aptitude for fighting games as Meathook from Monkey Island 1f605.png (a painter with no hands, and just hooks 1f606.png)

Keep up the awesome updates you beast!

Hah I like how everyone makes everybody want to spend money just being around this trophy checklist ? But yes, this game is kind of a must, there's no way you wouldn't enjoy it, WAY too atmospheric. As for your wallet however..."It's bad luck to be you", as the song from The Bard's Tale would be :D

Right now however I also see @FreshFromThaDeli recommended Guacamelee...are you guys secretly plotting with a hard game to terrorize me xDxD (because it might work, I warn you)

• Like 2

Excellent write-up as usual my friend! You really are the King of Fighters @Copanele, IMHO ?

I don't really play fighting games much as of late, but the good old arcade near where I grew up in the early 90's had a KoF game! I can't remember which one tho, this was probably circa '94 or '95... But it does bring back fond memories to see you talk about them!

Well played as always, looking forward to the next batch ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Definitely not touching that many King of Fighter games. I already got a taste of the SNK syndrome with the Art of Fighting titles via Arcade Archives.

They are tricky (and not really worth it money wise), but yes, AoF is the SNKest syndrome so far xD

OH RIGHT! Gotta warn you, if you want to go for Arcade Archives Art of Fighting 3... that one is even trickier to 100% than AoF1/2, since you have to basically do a survival mode run! It got me by surprise and I loved it ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

They are tricky (and not really worth it money wise), but yes, AoF is the SNKest syndrome so far xD

OH RIGHT! Gotta warn you, if you want to go for Arcade Archives Art of Fighting 3... that one is even trickier to 100% than AoF1/2, since you have to basically do a survival mode run! It got me by surprise and I loved it 1f602.png

Anything to expect out of that one? I couldn’t beat the first opponent in AoF 2, which is probably why I didn’t bother to play the third game right after.

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

Anything to expect out of that one? I couldn’t beat the first opponent in AoF 2, which is probably why I didn’t bother to play the third game right after.

Pick up the secret character Wyler (the hulk-like dude, press Right on the d-pad until the cursor disappears and you select him) and spam his forward square move. The run is peachy until you reach fight 7 when the AI gets AoF2 level of ridiculousness, there you have to time your hits and juggle the opponent.

The good part is that Wyler does a ton of damage. Also graphics are cool!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Sorry to go off topic here but holy shit... you are the first person I know who played this game. This was the shit!!  Nostalgia overload!!!!

Just now, Slava said:

Hi, number 2 here ?.

Hahah we got here some fine connoisseurs xD Tbh that game was mad fun, played it until I ran out of maps.

Bless the glorious bootleg versions of the game that came on the 999 games cassettes which had a distinctive yellow color.

To be noted, I played on this device, not an actual NES console. Best bootleg EVER!

super-design-ending-man-bs-500-as_gyw6.1024.jpg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Hahah we got here some fine connoisseurs xD Tbh that game was mad fun, played it until I ran out of maps.

Bless the glorious bootleg versions of the game that came on the 999 games cassettes which had a distinctive yellow color.

To be noted, I played on this device, not an actual NES console. Best bootleg EVER!

super-design-ending-man-bs-500-as_gyw6.1024.jpg

Yeah, Battle City, or TANCHIKI, as we used to call it, which is a cute version of the word tanki (tanks), was one of the most popular Dendy games here. And Dendy, for those who don't know, was a Russian bootleg Famicom console. I didn't own one, but I played this game on friends' consoles, and later on an emulator. 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2021 at 2:07 PM, Copanele said:

Not gonna lie, this was one of the harder reviews to make xD I rarely manage to play a game in the position of Nioh 2, aka good game overall but me disliking it. The only game that came close for me was Last of Us 1, the only difference being that I didn't dislike that game but I didn't get invested either.

Yeah you've done a few good ones recently, it's been great to read each one.

On 04/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Copanele said:

Yep my childhood was "Disregard fat italian plumber, acquire the glorious tank shooting game that is way more fun", aka this one

NES_01.gif..

I actually remember this game as well as the guys said above. It was pretty fun too.

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

Sorry to go off topic here but holy shit... you are the first person I know who played this game. This was the shit!!  Nostalgia overload!!!!

Yeah that game was amazing lol.

1 hour ago, Slava said:

Yeah, Battle City, or TANCHIKI, as we used to call it, which is a cute version of the word tanki (tanks), was one of the most popular Dendy games here. And Dendy, for those who don't know, was a Russian bootleg Famicom console. I didn't own one, but I played this game on friends' consoles, and later on an emulator. 

I'm glad you guys mentioned it as I forgot to post here about it. It was one of those games that I played a bit here & there. It sure was a lot of fun too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hah wish I was that glorious xD but this game truly made me feel like a participant in Takeshi's Castle at times

7AOQ.gif

?

Oh man, that gif is a blast from the past! It's still baffling to me that the same dude from Violent Cop and Sonatine was driving around in his little water-gun car in that show!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PooPooBlast said:

That was a joy to read! :D. I wanted to comment a couple of things about your post but you know what, I'll leave it at that. I think we had enough of a discussion on PSN :lol:

Hah thanks, hope you liked it xD you could comment away with no issues but yeah, I feel that it would be a copy/paste of our PSN discussion hahah.

KEEP IN TOUCH FOR YAKUZA 4!

On 05/10/2021 at 9:47 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

I could not agree more.

I could try, but I would be unsuccessful.

?

Would definitely encourage you to play the Guacamelee series of games. I've managed to 100% both versions of the first game and completed most of the second one. There are some tricky platforming sections, nothing unbeatable (Obviously, because I did it! =D) But yeah I think you could probably beat these games.

Also congrats on your Yakuza and Unravel Platiniums. Two really good games there, I should really try and complete Unravel this year too.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2021 at 0:23 AM, Copanele said:

Storywise, I feel that Y3 is better than Kiwami 2 and DEFINITELY better than Kiwami. Doesn't really beat Yakuza 0, that game is kinda untouchable, but the story itself in Yakuza 3 is leagues above the previous 2 games.

This is exactly how I feel so far as I've done 0-3. Glad to see you liked it despite the combat and mini games. I still have to finish the mini games for the plat some day. Also for trophy hunting, we all started on hard difficulty in this one rather than playing normal then doing ng+ like the previous titles. I should see if the combat still sucks on normal...

Edited by Grotz99

1 hour ago, James_Tonto said:

Would definitely encourage you to play the Guacamelee series of games. I've managed to 100% both versions of the first game and completed most of the second one. There are some tricky platforming sections, nothing unbeatable (Obviously, because I did it! =D) But yeah I think you could probably beat these games.

Also congrats on your Yakuza and Unravel Platiniums. Two really good games there, I should really try and complete Unravel this year too.

I will get those games at a discount, I don't have them atm. I checked several youtube videos and I love the atmosphere and the soundtrack :D I would definitely enjoy them.

Thanks! Yep I really recommend Unravel, damn that game was just adorable! Cool 100% too!

1 hour ago, Grotz99 said:

This is exactly how I feel so far as I've done 0-3. Glad to see you liked it despite the combat and mini games. I still have to finish the mini games for the plat some day. Also for trophy hunting, we all started on hard difficulty in this one rather than playing normal then doing ng+ like the previous titles. I should see if the combat still sucks on normal...

I think the combat sucks on normal too, maybe the enemies get abit more damage. I think the game got easier once I defeated "The Viper" (spoiler button never works properly) which is the second boss of the game xD after that...the next bosses can be hit in the behind and demolished rather quickly, then you meet Komaki and congratulations you Tiger Dropped the game :D

Overall yeah, my personal ranking so far:

Y0 > Kiwami 2 > Y3 > FotNS Lost Paradise > Kiwami 1

That doesn't mean I don't like Kiwami 1, heavens forbid, I loved that game! I just enjoyed the others way more. But yeah Yakuza 3 had such likeable characters I actually forgot about the shitty combat sections.

Nothing will make me forget Pool though...

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Copanele said:

Y0 > Kiwami 2 > Y3 > FotNS Lost Paradise > Kiwami 1

I actually read your Yakuza 3 write up a couple of days back, I'm just getting to commenting on it now, like a slowpoke - thoroughly awesome as I expected it to be.

You did make me put it on a concrete list in the backlog event I joined a while back - so I will be getting to it sooner than I previously would have done - and I think I have you to thank for that! So, well done man!

Looks like I'm saying goodbye to Kiryu (in the weirdest order possible, ?) sooner than I thought. Although, I look forward to the day that I can play them in their true order

You know I'd also put Kiwami 1 pretty low down on my own personal list, I love it too, just much less than some of the others, it just has a little less to offer.

Fist of the North Star is a huge gap in my collection, that I'm pretty sure I've actually owned since launch day, so I'd better get and plug that gap soon as well.... Neither of those things will be a chore though. Plus Fist of the North Star has post apocalyptic, Hostess mini-game from Yakuza 0 right? What's not to like!

I'm going to be really interested to see what you think about Yakuza 4 whenever you get to that one - I've always consistently heard people say most often that, either 3, 4 or 5 are their least favourite one, but those guys weren't factoring things like trophies into the mix either to be fair. So - considering your positive reaction to 3, that's going to be interesting to hear your thoughts on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

I actually read your Yakuza 3 write up a couple of days back, I'm just getting to commenting on it now, like a slowpoke - thoroughly awesome as I expected it to be.

You did make me put it on a concrete list in the backlog event I joined a while back - so I will be getting to it sooner than I previously would have done - and I think I have you to thank for that! So, well done man!

Looks like I'm saying goodbye to Kiryu (in the weirdest order possible, 1f609.png) sooner than I thought. Although, I look forward to the day that I can play them in their true order

You know I'd also put Kiwami 1 pretty low down on my own personal list, I love it too, just much less than some of the others, it just has a little less to offer.

Fist of the North Star is a huge gap in my collection, that I'm pretty sure I've actually owned since launch day, so I'd better get and plug that gap soon as well.... Neither of those things will be a chore though. Plus Fist of the North Star has post apocalyptic, Hostess mini-game from Yakuza 0 right? What's not to like!

I'm going to be really interested to see what you think about Yakuza 4 whenever you get to that one - I've always consistently heard people say most often that, either 3, 4 or 5 are their least favourite one, but those guys weren't factoring things like trophies into the mix either to be fair. So - considering your positive reaction to 3, that's going to be interesting to hear your thoughts on.

Hah heyo there, expected your reply xD I wanted to reply to your thread too (Cat quest <3 ) but...uhm...The Surge caught me up this weekend :D I missed most updates.

So yeah, Yakuza 3 isn't as scary as I expected. If I were to start my Yakuza journey with this one...woo boy yeah it would have been a mess. But given the past experience (especially with Y0), Yakuza 3 wasn't nearly as crappy. So go for it, let me know what you think and most importantly do record how many tries it takes you to get the Break Ace trophy ?

I understand that Kiwami 1 is a remake from the first Yakuza and well they wanted to stay true to the original (which was experimental, so I won't fault them). But like they could have done small improvements - for instance, in Majima Everywhere, I would have loved that Majima had his style themes from Yakuza 0, those were so fire! Like when he pops from the trash can and you hear that vibe music, to go "oh shit it's Breaker Majima, time to throw down". I don't know, Kiwami could have been SO much better (but still a great game).

But I have to thank Yakuza 0 for enjoying Kiwami. Without Yakuza 0...I wouldn't have praised Kiwami as much. I don't know how I would have enjoyed the game without Majima and Nishiki's backgrounds.

Fist of the North Star...I liked that game because I like Kenshiro and seeing him do dumb shit with the most serious face ever cracked me up non-stop. Yes there is that Y0 Hostess minigame BUT it drags on abit too much. You have to get a certain amount of money in that minigame only and my god it takes too long.

And...that's one issue with FotNS: grinding in that game is tedious. You do have the city, yes, but you also have to explore a vast wasteland with your buggy car and grinding in that shit is...awful to say the least. So, while the action and QTEs and Kenshiro and the bosses are top quality, be prepared for one hell of a grind.

Also Dr Ken minigame is the most brutal rhythm game from the entire series. It's the equivalent of not missing a note in every Karaoke song BUT the keys appear randomly on the screen instead of lining up. That will take quite some time and it was a platinum blocker for me at a point xD

Now for Yakuza 4...I had a look at the trophies (no spoiler reading) and NO 100% MiNIGAME COMPLETION??Only substories and hostess related stuff? Is this true???

Because if that's the case, it might very well be the easiest Yakuza for me, telling it in advance! Or maybe there's a hidden substory that requires mastery of all minigames?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the polarizing story, I heard it goes so bonkers I would most definitely go "what were they smoking?".

Fun times ahead :D

Sorry to hijack your thread and go back to the KOF games but as you seem to love SNK fighters even more than I do I’m guessing you won’t mind this question…

Would you recommend those ACA games?

The trophy lists don’t look like they encourage you to actually play the games in the same way the Code Mystics etc releases do, also I’m wondering about the emulation. I bought the Orochi Saga in a sale but dropped/deleted it at 0% as it felt too laggy (which I really should have expected from a PS4 emulating a PS2 emulating a NeoGeo) do the ACA games play noticeably better and are they a good/worthwhile experience or should I just give the Orochi Saga (and that Fatal Fury Vol. 2 collection) a second chance?