Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

Now for Yakuza 4...I had a look at the trophies (no spoiler reading) and NO 100% MiNIGAME COMPLETION??Only substories and hostess related stuff? Is this true???

Because if that's the case, it might very well be the easiest Yakuza for me, telling it in advance! Or maybe there's a hidden substory that requires mastery of all minigames?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the polarizing story, I heard it goes so bonkers I would most definitely go "what were they smoking?".

no, you dont need to fill the completion list for anything, just the miscellaneous trophies for each individual game, the hostess shit is super boring though on both sides.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tsundokuist said:

Sorry to hijack your thread and go back to the KOF games but as you seem to love SNK fighters even more than I do I’m guessing you won’t mind this question…

Would you recommend those ACA games?

The trophy lists don’t look like they encourage you to actually play the games in the same way the Code Mystics etc releases do, also I’m wondering about the emulation. I bought the Orochi Saga in a sale but dropped/deleted it at 0% as it felt too laggy (which I really should have expected from a PS4 emulating a PS2 emulating a NeoGeo) do the ACA games play noticeably better and are they a good/worthwhile experience or should I just give the Orochi Saga (and that Fatal Fury Vol. 2 collection) a second chance?

No problem, anyone can ask about any of the games I have played xD

I haven't seen any significant performance difference between ACA games and Orochi Saga tbh. They perform the same, the only difference being that Orochi Saga has completely different trophy requirements. 

Basically if you want to "one and done", pick up the ACA games. If you want the full collection, Orochi Saga is the way to go. ACA are juust abit closer to the original game performance wise from what I have heard, but I would still recommend Orochi Saga. 

Lag or no lag, Rugal is still a cheap bastard ?

10 minutes ago, TehUberCheezCatz said:

no, you dont need to fill the completion list for anything, just the miscellaneous trophies for each individual game, the hostess shit is super boring though on both sides.

Well that's good to know! Hostess part I expect to be mad boring, considering the slog that was hostess-ing in yakuza 3

On 15/10/2021 at 9:23 AM, Copanele said:

THE MINIGAMES IN YAKUZA 3

Kiryu May Cry edition

I had such a good time reading this ? As someone who is currently working on 100%-ing Yakuza 0 I am really thankful that I don't need to beat everything on maximum difficulty and do all sorts of crazy stuff with the minigames. Mate, I would've lost my mind with those pool shots. Also… what the hell is that chasing minigame? I watched a couple of videos on youtube and it looks anything but fun, too sloppy. At least you didn't get to do more catfights.

I'm very thankful about the Yakuza games having so much stuff to do, I have spent a bunch of hours playing some of my fav minigames just because I enjoy playing them, but this is literally asking you to master most of them, not just being kinda good. Wow, no wonder why this is considered the hardest/grindiest/whateverest Yakuza plat out there, congrats!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FrediPy_ said:

I had such a good time reading this 1f602.png As someone who is currently working on 100%-ing Yakuza 0 I am really thankful that I don't need to beat everything on maximum difficulty and do all sorts of crazy stuff with the minigames. Mate, I would've lost my mind with those pool shots. Also… what the hell is that chasing minigame? I watched a couple of videos on youtube and it looks anything but fun, too sloppy. At least you didn't get to do more catfights.

I'm very thankful about the Yakuza games having so much stuff to do, I have spent a bunch of hours playing some of my fav minigames just because I enjoy playing them, but this is literally asking you to master most of them, not just being kinda good. Wow, no wonder why this is considered the hardest/grindiest/whateverest Yakuza plat out there, congrats!

Yeah if Yakuza 0 asked to do everything on max difficulty...damn. It would have been criminal. Y0 already asks too much xD the great part is that in Y0 all minigames work (except that catfight garbage). But well, that's why Yakuza 0 is so great.

11 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Dude, I watched that billiards video you embedded in the Yakuza 3 writeup and laughed out loud. All that set up, and the ball just absolutely deviated from the plan. What a nightmare

I have another one, not as glorious mind you, but still kinda the same. Right at the last ball on Expert, planned the shot, mm by mm and...

this one hurt even more than the first video xD 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Now for Yakuza 4...I had a look at the trophies (no spoiler reading) and NO 100% MiNIGAME COMPLETION??Only substories and hostess related stuff? Is this true???

Yakuza 4 was my easiest plat for sure. 

No 100% completion is needed and they barely ask you to touch some of the minigames (with the exception of having to do the hostess crap which once again, it's back with vengeance!!) 

In terms of plat difficulty, my opinion is as followed:

3 (tied with Judgment) > 0 > 1 > FoTNS > 7 > 2 > Dead souls > 5 > 6 > 4. 

As for Lost Judgment, I havent beaten the game yet to tell you but I'd probably lump it around Yakuza 2. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PooPooBlast said:

Yakuza 4 was my easiest plat for sure. 

No 100% completion is needed and they barely ask you to touch some of the minigames (with the exception of having to do the hostess crap which once again, it's back with vengeance!!) 

In terms of plat difficulty, my opinion is as followed:

As for Lost Judgment, I havent beaten the game yet to tell you but I'd probably lump it around Yakuza 2. 

Pfff so I have to worry only for Puyo Puyo unlimited from this point onwards xD NICE!

Bless you for this info, Grand Master of the poopoo clan! All the Kiryu games that I have left are right at the bottom difficulty wise.

Although....3 playthroughs in Y4...poor Golden Gun will be abused to death.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

Pfff so I have to worry only for Puyo Puyo unlimited from this point onwards xD NICE!

Bless you for this info, Grand Master of the poopoo clan! All the Kiryu games that I have left are right at the bottom difficulty wise.

Poopooblast, patriarch of the Blast family, a shitstain subsidiary. :lol:

But make no mistake though, there are a couple of annoyances here an there with the games I mentioned but they're absolutely not to the level of the ones you played already. And 5 in particular is the longest game of them all (you have 5 characters, 5 cities!) but I differentiated between difficultly and length here. 

Although....3 playthroughs in Y4...poor Golden Gun will be abused to death.

And I've got bad news for you buddy :P. The golden gun doesn't unlock unless you clear all the completion items for the minigames (which aren't needed for the plat). You're better off fighting them like normal. It's pretty dumb how the difficulties don't stack :/... 

Reading through this thread has given me motivation to finally get back to playing the Yakuza games. I'm glad we got a bunch of them for free through PS+. I'm finally going to start the journey of trying to platinum every game now by starting with Yakuza 0 this week!

I started with Yakuza 3 and I'm glad that the general consensus its the hardest one though. I remember having to bust out a ruler to put on my screen to play billiards. I got the platinum for it back in 2015 and that burned me out of playing Yakuza for 6 years now lol. Going to have to learn how to play Mahjong though since the PS3 version of Yakuza 3 didn't have it.

Edited by Thedah

10 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

And I've got bad news for you buddy :P. The golden gun doesn't unlock unless you clear all the completion items for the minigames (which aren't needed for the plat). You're better off fighting them like normal. It's pretty dumb how the difficulties don't stack :/... 

Tbh, I do kinda expect Yakuza 4 to disappoint....but....

200.gif

2 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Reading through this thread has given me motivation to finally get back to playing the Yakuza games. I'm glad we got a bunch of them for free through PS+. I'm finally going to start the journey of trying to platinum every game now by starting with Yakuza 0 this week!

I'm glad that the general consensus is that Yakuza 3 is the hardest one though. I remember having to bust out a ruler to put on my screen to play billiards. I got the platinum for it back in 2015 and that burned me out of playing Yakuza for 6 years now lol. Going to have to learn how to play Mahjong though since the PS3 version of Yakuza 3 didn't have it.

As long as I motivate people to enjoy these games (and hate me for getting wrecked in batting minigame) I am good :D glad you got motivated!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Copanele said:

Hah heyo there, expected your reply xD I wanted to reply to your thread too (Cat quest <3 ) but...uhm...The Surge caught me up this weekend :D I missed most updates.

So yeah, Yakuza 3 isn't as scary as I expected. If I were to start my Yakuza journey with this one...woo boy yeah it would have been a mess. But given the past experience (especially with Y0), Yakuza 3 wasn't nearly as crappy. So go for it, let me know what you think and most importantly do record how many tries it takes you to get the Break Ace trophy 1f602.png

I understand that Kiwami 1 is a remake from the first Yakuza and well they wanted to stay true to the original (which was experimental, so I won't fault them). But like they could have done small improvements - for instance, in Majima Everywhere, I would have loved that Majima had his style themes from Yakuza 0, those were so fire! Like when he pops from the trash can and you hear that vibe music, to go "oh shit it's Breaker Majima, time to throw down". I don't know, Kiwami could have been SO much better (but still a great game).

But I have to thank Yakuza 0 for enjoying Kiwami. Without Yakuza 0...I wouldn't have praised Kiwami as much. I don't know how I would have enjoyed the game without Majima and Nishiki's backgrounds.

Fist of the North Star...I liked that game because I like Kenshiro and seeing him do dumb shit with the most serious face ever cracked me up non-stop. Yes there is that Y0 Hostess minigame BUT it drags on abit too much. You have to get a certain amount of money in that minigame only and my god it takes too long.

And...that's one issue with FotNS: grinding in that game is tedious. You do have the city, yes, but you also have to explore a vast wasteland with your buggy car and grinding in that shit is...awful to say the least. So, while the action and QTEs and Kenshiro and the bosses are top quality, be prepared for one hell of a grind.

Also Dr Ken minigame is the most brutal rhythm game from the entire series. It's the equivalent of not missing a note in every Karaoke song BUT the keys appear randomly on the screen instead of lining up. That will take quite some time and it was a platinum blocker for me at a point xD

Because if that's the case, it might very well be the easiest Yakuza for me, telling it in advance! Or maybe there's a hidden substory that requires mastery of all minigames?

Anyway, I can't wait to see the polarizing story, I heard it goes so bonkers I would most definitely go "what were they smoking?".

Fun times ahead :D

Haha - no need to worry, you know I get it, sometimes a game just grabs you for a bit right?

I'm pretty proficient at Pool games - and in actual real world Pool there's a semi reliable trick to make the 9 off the break, if you use a cut break..... Unfortunately, Yakuza's Pool plays more like a swimming Pool, than the Billiards version ?......  So I expect if I tried that it almost certainly wouldn't work anyway - so maybe a recording will be necessary, just for fun.

Kiwami 1 is a really interesting one - because as a remake it pretty much does its job perfectly. Having played the PS2 one first all those years ago, it honestly just made me feel like I was playing that, but just with graphical improvements and more mini-games peppered in. That's also kind of one of its negatives too - that is true isn't it, Majima doesn't;'t really fight with any of his 0 styles when you encounter him in Kiwami, you just get the music, I'd sort of forgotten that one.

I already liked Fist of the North Star as well - in fact Lost Paradise won't even be my first Fist of the North Star platinum - should be my third really, but Fist of the North Star 2 *cough* Dynasty Warriors *cough* is a bit too pricey for me to want to drop for that game right now, almost to the point where it might make my wallet become sentient sprout arms and tiger drop me for even entertaining the thought. But Lost Paradise - grindiness aside I'm kind of looking forward to, that Dr Ken minigame scares me though - because I am terrible at rhythm games, I'll push through and do it though, however long it takes. Everyone seem to struggle with Haruka's  rotation pool request in Kiwami 1, but I was sat there for ages trying to nail down the request for a 95 rating for Otometal (which is thankfully quite a good song,) I just majorly sucked at it..... xD....

Yeah you're pretty much fine for Yakuza 4, it's definitely going to be the easiest one you've done, the hostessing is super boring, not going to lie, I remember just muting the music, and listening to podcasts through that.  Make sure to do Dead Souls after, you know for chronology's sake..... ? (it references Tanimura, so it has to be set after 4, in whatever weird alt-universe it is set in).  I'll be honest and say that of the mainline games Yakuza 4 is probably one of the ones I like the least - although I still love it obviously, just a little less than others. It'll scratch your Majima itch a bit too, as you're going to get some more backstory nuggets that add some more depth to him.

Going from one protagonist to four is quite an ambitious leap. Yet there's still so much I do love about that one - it introduced Akiyama and Saejima, the latter of which is one of my favourite characters across the whole series. Tanimura is actually pretty decent too, and I'm a little bummed out that you're stuck with the character redesign that you got for him in the remastered version, I much prefer the original, but I get why it had to change.

46 minutes ago, PooPooBlast said:

Interesting!

I'm surprised you put 4 as easier than 6.... Was it the Puyo Puyo that put Judgment on the same level as 3 for you? Or is it the fact there's no real way to reduce damage, so on Legend difficulty, Yagami gets pretty pasted on the regular in a couple of hits.. Puyo though,  I didn't really have too much of  a problem with that (still a bit,) it was still a bit awkward, but I went out of my way to get the 100% completion in Yakuza 6, so I was already fairly well versed in Puyo Puyo going into Judgment so it didn't quite plague me so much.

I thought for sure Yakuza 6 would be top of everyone's easiest list. I think even with going outside of the trophies for 100% completion, I clocked in at around 65 hours I think. I'm sure most of that time was trying to get a specific cat to spawn that I could feed too.. ?

Although here's where we differ, I'd bump 5 up a bit higher on my own difficulty scale - just because as I mentioned, I suck at rhythm games, and Taiko Drum Master in Yakuza 5 decided to torture me for a good couple of days because I sucked so bad at it! :facepalm:.... Oh and Academic Baseball, that also made me want to use my controller as the worlds most expensive Frisbee for a little while too. ?...

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

Interesting!

Puyo was definitely the platinum obstacle for me! That's why I put it up there. The final boss on legend difficulty was pretty challenging too. Unlike Kiryu, Yagami can't tank that many hits unfortunately. To be frank, without puyo the difficulty in judgment drops aaalll the way down to the likes of kiwami 2 (at least imo!)

As for 4 and 6, honestly those two are interchangeable for me. Both require minimal effort that ranking either or as the easiest Yakuza game is valid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yuber1234 said:

Congrats on The Surge! I never heard of this one before you played it, but it sounds fun. Too bad the story is bland because I love sci-fi.

Thanks! Problem about the story is that it gets actually decent and abit creepy, just...to drop flat at the end. I don't know I expected more ?

• Like 1

Nice review, man! You sure blasted through this one! :D  

The good news is that The Surge 2 keeps pretty much everything that you liked about the first game, but adds more stuff that makes combat even more fun (directional blocking -> parry... ooooh yuuuurrrr), and the DLC in that game is as ridiculous as A Walk in the Park... A colorful, artificial city on a giant ship, with AI controlling everything. It's really good! The game also has way more bosses than 4 ? And they don't all look the same, imagine that! 

The bad news is that the level design is still subpar. There are zip-lines that allow you to traverse certain areas faster on your second visit, and the areas are varied in that they are not all sewers, but the levels are pretty linear and so exploration still isn't super fun. 

Now, I agree with you on the positives about The Surge... Implants are great (The Surge and Nier: Automata both came out in Q1 of 2017 so can't really say that they copied the system..? With the Exoskeleton, implants are somewhat of an obvious idea), and the weapon variety is also large enough that everyone will find something suitable. I would argue that the game is made super easy not only because of the weapons themselves, but because of the combination of weapon and attack options. With your weapon, the running attack seemed to be busted. I used the Spitfire Rod V2.0 from the second boss and... the dodge-attack just killed everything in one hit (high damage + inflict burning). So yeah, I'm sure every single weapon has some sort of busted combo that will demolish everything ?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

The good news is that The Surge 2 keeps pretty much everything that you liked about the first game, but adds more stuff that makes combat even more fun (directional blocking -> parry... ooooh yuuuurrrr), and the DLC in that game is as ridiculous as A Walk in the Park... A colorful, artificial city on a giant ship, with AI controlling everything. It's really good! The game also has way more bosses than 4 1f602.png And they don't all look the same, imagine that! 

You know, I actually start to like Deck13! They improve their stuff with every released game. Like " oh ,let's make a game that doesn't suck balls and focus on DLC" and thus, The Surge appeared. Next "people actually love boss fights, how did we not figure that out yet !!! " and The Surge 2 did that. Maybe in the next game they will do an actually interesting level design xD 

They have a knack for the thematic levels from what I see, since LotF DLC was interesting from a conceptual standpoint and the DLC levels from The Surge were GOOD, so...maybe they will improve upon that.

9 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Now, I agree with you on the positives about The Surge... Implants are great (The Surge and Nier: Automata both came out in Q1 of 2017 so can't really say that they copied the system..? With the Exoskeleton, implants are somewhat of an obvious idea), and the weapon variety is also large enough that everyone will find something suitable. I would argue that the game is made super easy not only because of the weapons themselves, but because of the combination of weapon and attack options. With your weapon, the running attack seemed to be busted. I used the Spitfire Rod V2.0 from the second boss and... the dodge-attack just killed everything in one hit (high damage + inflict burning). So yeah, I'm sure every single weapon has some sort of busted combo that will demolish everything 1f606.png

Yep, that's correct! I messed around with the Firebug Throttle V2.0, some twin rigged claws that did rings of fire and my god I was a spinning nuke. I returned to the single rigged weapons because the "haha bonk the computer" playstyle worked the best for me, but yeah, weapons were mad fun. Combat was good. 

However you said Surge 2 is even easier if I recall...oh boy xD 

Oh, almost forgot to add in my post (i was dead tired when I wrote it), my ranking of the Souls series so far INCLUDING Souls-likes. I will rank them ONLY from personal preference, not difficulty or anything.

Lords of the Fallen <<<<< Nioh 2 < The Surge < Death's Gambit < Nioh 1 < Demon's Souls < Salt & Sanctuary < Sekiro < Bloodborne < Dark Souls II < Dark Souls III < Dark Souls 

Obviously this ranking is subjective :> I know I know, some games are way greater quality wise than DS1 but that's the one I'd replay if you asked me which game I would like to platinum again :D 

Games left to play, from the top of my head: The Surge 2, Code Vein, Mortal Shell, Sinner Sacrifice From Redemption, Ender Lilies and the upcoming Salt & Sacrifice (CAN"T WAIT)

I hope I didn't forget any of those. Won't play Remnant because I think that's co-op focused? Anyway if anyone knows if I missed a "Souls like" game, let me know!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Oh, almost forgot to add in my post (i was dead tired when I wrote it), my ranking of the Souls series so far INCLUDING Souls-likes. I will rank them ONLY from personal preference, not difficulty or anything.

Lords of the Fallen <<<<< Nioh 2 < The Surge < Death's Gambit < Nioh 1 < Demon's Souls < Salt & Sanctuary < Sekiro < Bloodborne < Dark Souls II < Dark Souls III < Dark Souls 

Obviously this ranking is subjective :> I know I know, some games are way greater quality wise than DS1 but that's the one I'd replay if you asked me which game I would like to platinum again :D 

I won't post my ranking because I don't want people to get mad at me ?? Just to say... It would look WAY different, except the game on the very left ?

I hope I didn't forget any of those. Won't play Remnant because I think that's co-op focused? Anyway if anyone knows if I missed a "Souls like" game, let me know!

Remnant can be played entirely solo, but it's not a souls-like.. I still don't know why the hell people keep calling it one ?

You missed Immortal: Unchained, but last I heard it had been delisted? Not sure... And Ashen :) Those are the two I can think off from the top of my head. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I won't post my ranking because I don't want people to get mad at me 1f636.png1f61c.png Just to say... It would look WAY different, except the game on the very left 1f602.png

Aw come on, true Souls enjoyers know that every rank is the correct one (but mine is more correct lmao)...except the game on the very left! If that one moves to the right by even ONE position, a player is entitled to get mad ?

Truly an undefeatable logic right there!

3 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Remnant can be played entirely solo, but it's not a souls-like.. I still don't know why the hell people keep calling it one 1f602.png

You missed Immortal: Unchained, but last I heard it had been delisted? Not sure... And Ashen :) Those are the two I can think off from the top of my head. 

OK YEAH I don't know, many people call it a "Souls- like" ...I think i have fallen in the trap of " this game is the Dark Souls of shooters" or some shit xD ok whew, thanks for confirming it to me, because it didn't look like a Souls game but again, did not check further

IMMORTAL UNCHAINED! THANK YOU I knew I forgot one! As for Ashen...I know this is a PS+ game, but never checked it really. Good to know! Will write them on my list.

Btw...which game had the "no death run" DLC? I can't seem to find it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Games left to play, from the top of my head: The Surge 2, Code Vein, Mortal Shell, Sinner Sacrifice From Redemption, Ender Lilies and the upcoming Salt & Sacrifice (CAN"T WAIT)

Well, most of my ranking is a matter of public scientific record ?, and yours is obvious ridiculous, as Best Souls is not on the far right... but I think that just means your ADP stat is simply too low to realise your folly!

.... I guess if you are looking for a semi-souls-like to fill out the EXTREME left had side of that list, and make Lords of the Fallen look downright sexy by comparison, I suggest a little Star-Wars flavoured turdlet.... ?

I've also heard rumblings that Hellpoint is a sort of a Souls-lite? Though I've yet to sample it myself, so that might be scurrilous rumour!

EDIT - I'll also point out - I'll be genuinely shocked if Mortal Shell doesn't end up out-lefthandsiding LotF. Maybe that dlc will help it - but it would have to be something else...

Also - people often mention Blasphemous as a Souls-like?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Well, most of my ranking is a matter of public scientific record 1f609.png, and yours is obvious ridiculous, as Best Souls is not on the far right... but I think that just means your ADP stat is simply too low to realise your folly!

What can I say, unlike real life, I love rolling whenever I want to ? 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

(I love comparing scientific notes <3

39 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

... I guess if you are looking for a semi-souls-like to fill out the EXTREME left had side of that list, and make Lords of the Fallen look downright sexy by comparison, I suggest a little Star-Wars flavoured turdlet.... 1f602.png

I've also heard rumblings that Hellpoint is a sort of a Souls-lite? Though I've yet to sample it myself, so that might be scurrilous rumour!

Oh baby...I'd play Jedi Fallen order just to join in your rant, because my god it was delightful to read the hate around that game. Unfortunately for me...there it goes on my list. Souls like, has to be played :( 

As for Hellpoint... HMMMM I know it was highlighted a LONG while ago, but I actually forgot about it (I think I first saw it on SunlightBlade's channel, for who knows of him). Ok, sure, on the list it goes!

Salt & Sacrifice

Ender Lilies

The Surge 2
Code Vein
Mortal Shell
Sinner Sacrifice From Redemption
Immortal: Unchained
Ashen
Jedi Fallen Order
Hellpoint

• Like 1