Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Those compendium versions are gorgeous, aren’t they?

I have the older hardback volumes, but I bought my sister those compendium versions for Christmas one year, and they’re awesome - that volume 3 Totenkinder / Darkman cover is dope!

Oh yes they look beautiful.

What shocked me more is that they are getting translated into Romanian! Obviously, it's abit of an iffy translation, but the sole thought of having these translated in my language makes me wonder if I ended up in another country accidentally xD 

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Happy holidays mna!

PS. sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings… but Tekken 6 is a bit of a joke of a plat too

…and the reason you know it is…

… it’s a fighting game that I managed to plat! 1f602.png

Fun game though… (at least, from my decidedly inexpert, ill-informed about fighting games perspective!)

Well if it's a fun game, then that's all that counts in the end xD as long as I get to do some combos and stuff.

Should probably look for Tekken Tag 1 and 2 as well, while I'm at it.

• Like 2

Hope you're enjoying your vacation!

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

Tekken 6

Nice! A fun game. I enjoyed slapping people on the face with Nina, best move ?. 

6 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

PS. sorry to be the bearer of ill tidings… but Tekken 6 is a bit of a joke of a plat too

…and the reason you know it is…

… it’s a fighting game that I managed to plat! 1f602.png

Can confirm, because it is the first and only fighting game on my profile, and it's currently the fastest platinum I've got ?. Somehow I went from learning how to play a fighting game for the first time to the platinum in less than a week.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

After the Mastery Challenges last time, I'm just amazed to hear that you weren't falling through the floor, or catching aggro from dogs a mile away. I guess Ubisoft can be normal for five minutes and let you play a proper video game, sometimes.

I think they focused all their power in the Ragnarok boredom DLC and said "fuck it, just give Mastery Challenge to the interns and cleaning lady". 

I am amazed that all trophies unlocked correctly and no glitches either. But well, we will see what will happen in the next DLC, there's still time to no-clip through Asgard!

8 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

Will Ubisoft's constant pumping and milking of DLC for AC Valhalla ever end? Find out next season when Copanele gets to play most of their insufferable glitchy challenges or their sleep-inducing new quests. xxD

From the announcement : In the same livestream, Ubisoft announced The Forgotten Saga, an additional, rogue-like experience for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which sees Eivor descend into Viking hell to face off against death itself.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-valhalla/dlc-last

Imagine this....glitchy as hell game...boring ass stuff...pointless upgrades (I am still using the main game equipment)...and a ROGUE LITE

Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the disease that keeps on giving xD 

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Yikes!

I've heard good things about Origins and Odyssey in that they dropped a lot of the whole weird Animus stuff (or minimized the story impacts).  They are such gargantuan games that after RDR2 and TW3 I'm very leery for starting anymore games like that.

I would say 80-100 hours minimum for each game (you could complete them faster, but that means skipping everything and not enjoying the games one bit).

Origins and Odyssey are good games indeed. Personally I haven't enjoyed Origins that much but it's a solid game.

Just...avoid Valhalla xD it's not worth the disappointment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Copanele said:

I would say 80-100 hours minimum for each game (you could complete them faster, but that means skipping everything and not enjoying the games one bit).

Origins and Odyssey are good games indeed. Personally I haven't enjoyed Origins that much but it's a solid game.

Just...avoid Valhalla xD it's not worth the disappointment.

I wonder what kind of turnover happened at Ubisoft for AC to reverse course after the previous two games.  You aren't the first person to advise against Valhalla.

Sounds like Odyssey would be the one to check out if I had to choose, eh?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

I wonder what kind of turnover happened at Ubisoft for AC to reverse course after the previous two games.  You aren't the first person to advise against Valhalla.

So my assumption (unconfirmed of course, but it sounds plausible) is that Ubisoft saw that fans loved the show Vikings and the newest God of War and went "hey we want to be a part of that too, it smells like money". They also took all the criticism from Odyssey and tried to fix it....

....the only thing they missed is checking what exactly made the previous show/game great and went on with their ass writing. Paired with the fact that it's the glitchiest assassin's creed to date and half the skill tree makes no sense...you get one weak ass game.

It really feels like a downgrade from Odyssey. Hell it feels like a downgrade from an old AC game like Black Flag.

11 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Sounds like Odyssey would be the one to check out if I had to choose, eh?

Depends whether you love Egyptian or Greek mythology. I personally loved Odyssey way more, despite not being as linked to the whole Assassins thing. It really feels like "having fun in Athens with the bros" and I love it for that.

Also the only Ubisoft game that made me prefer walking than just fast travelling :D 

Origins is good too don't get me wrong, but it felt....lifeless at times, like visiting a world populated by zombies.

• Like 1

*sighs* A part of me wants to grab Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, but after the burnout I experienced playing Odyssey I think Ubisoft is trying far too hard to make a gigantic open world. Not necessarily for the better. 

The Viking era and seeing Feudal England, France and Norway are great. Don’t think I’m ready for all that, as this game alone will require at least two - three months of free time. Something I don’t exactly have right now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

*sighs* A part of me wants to grab Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, but after the burnout I experienced playing Odyssey I think Ubisoft is trying far too hard to make a gigantic open world. Not necessarily for the better. 

The Viking era and seeing Feudal England, France and Norway are great. Don’t think I’m ready for all that, as this game alone will require at least two - three months of free time. Something I don’t exactly have right now.

What I can recommend, if you really REALLY want to play this game (I know that at some point you will~~ it's the curse of us, Assassin's Creed fans), I do suggest waiting 1-2 more years, along those lines. You not having time means you won't have the desire to buy this game.

Why I said wait - just so you can grab the game in its entirety (ALL DLC) at a measly price. Trust me you'll get pissed if you grabbed these messy DLCs at the current price ?it's simply not worth it in my opinion.

Main game is pretty decent though - just not even close to the likes of Origin and Odyssey. In Origin and Odyssey, even if the grind was a slog, at least you had some beautiful vistas. In England....it just rains and it's really not that pretty(sorry UK citizens, this game has a ton of rain and mud and rats, don't blame me for Ubisoft's decision xD )

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

In England....it just rains and it's really not that pretty(sorry UK citizens, this game has a ton of rain and mud and rats, don't blame me for Ubisoft's decision xD )

Over here, we call that "Summer" ??

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Why I said wait - just so you can grab the game in its entirety (ALL DLC) at a measly price. Trust me you'll get pissed if you grabbed these messy DLCs at the current price 1f605.pngit's simply not worth it in my opinion.

The Complete Edition, which includes all the challenges, story DLCs (Ireland and France) AND Dawn of Ragnarok is being priced at around $120 or so. Could of picked it up for $60 - 65 just a few short weeks ago, which I ended up declining because well.... running around getting all those collectibles just isn't something I want to do for the time being.

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Main game is pretty decent though - just not even close to the likes of Origin and Odyssey. In Origin and Odyssey, even if the grind was a slog, at least you had some beautiful vistas. In England....it just rains and it's really not that pretty(sorry UK citizens, this game has a ton of rain and mud and rats, don't blame me for Ubisoft's decision xD )

That's how England is. It rains a lot, has plenty of mud and rats to go around. France to me is an overall better setting but that entire country has been represented to death by various entertainment media. So I sort of gotten bored of it.

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a Portugal or Spain setting. You had that final sequence in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (base game) where you travel to Spain to confront Cesare Borgia, the main antagonist. That wasn't good enough.

5 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Over here, we call that "Summer" 1f44d.png1f602.png

If there's 2 things that I learned about England specifically from videogames - there's a fuckton of "Summer" and there's always a fire in London/Lunden. 

Should plan a vacation there xD 

3 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

That's how England is. It rains a lot, has plenty of mud and rats to go around. France to me is an overall better setting but that entire country has been represented to death by various entertainment media. So I sort of gotten bored of it.

Unity killed my excitement about another French Assassin's Creed xD 

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm honestly surprised there hasn't been a Portugal or Spain setting. You had that final sequence in Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (base game) where you travel to Spain to confront Cesare Borgia, the main antagonist. That wasn't good enough.

If you remember, at the beginning of Rogue you also had a Lisbon section where you had to escape the great earthquake. Good point, a Spain/Portugal AC would have been nice, especially since they tackled that section in the AC Movie (which I do NOT recommend, abysmal movie) 

4 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Unity killed my excitement about another French Assassin's Creed xD

Funny you say that, because nowadays a lot of people, especially those who were still kids when Unity first came out, are literally saying it's a very good game.

6 minutes ago, Copanele said:

If you remember, at the beginning of Rogue you also had a Lisbon section where you had to escape the great earthquake. Good point, a Spain/Portugal AC would have been nice, especially since they tackled that section in the AC Movie (which I do NOT recommend, abysmal movie) 

I completely forgot about that. Had opportunities to pick up the PS4 remaster of Rogue when it goes on sale. I declined, namely because the Odyssey Season Pass I bought a couple years back automatically comes with Assassin's Creed 3 and Liberation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Me too - they probably can't top the best AC game, so why try? 1f61c.png

I swear to god Doc, if you say Unity is the best AC game, Ezio be my witness I'll roll behind you with max ADP stats ?

I can live with DS2 being the top, but NOT Unity! Never Unity!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Copanele said:

I swear to god Doc, if you say Unity is the best AC game, Ezio be my witness I'll roll behind you with max ADP stats 1f602.png

I can live with DS2 being the top, but NOT Unity! Never Unity!

? It's not... but it is one of my favourites...

I think Revelations is my actual favourite, with Unity a close second, and Odyssey and Brotherhood riding close behind...

...but I haven't done full scientific analysis on Unity yet... 

...it might have beat out Revelations on the strength of the setting (I think Paris in Unity is hands down the best AC setting so far) .... but it is let down by how uninteresting Arno is.

He's no Conner... but he's also no old Ezio.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I used to not like Ac Unity/Syndicate, until I played it these days and... surprisingly I liked it.

I think the secret is not to take these games too seriously.

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

I used to not like Ac Unity/Syndicate, until I played it these days and... surprisingly I liked it.

I think it helps playing Unity loooooong after initial release, after all the bugs were fixed.

That game was a nightmare-meme generator at first...

78963123-d23491d9-5a60-4160-8378-73dd936

...but once it was sorted, it was actually a damned good AC game!

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's not... but it is one of my favourites...

I think Revelations is my actual favourite, with Unity a close second, and Odyssey and Brotherhood riding close behind...

...but I haven't done full scientific analysis on Unity yet... 

...it might have beat out Revelations on the strength of the setting (I think Paris in Unity is has down the best AC setting so far) .... but it is let down by how uninteresting Arno is.

He's no Conner... but he's also no old Ezio.

Well Unity has the best parkour out of all AC games, I will definitely agree to that. And the game is beautiful, didn't encounter many glitches other than random NPCs popping in and out of existence. Can't say I was too crazy for Paris, but that's a matter of preference, the game looked peachy regardless.

But man...Arno MURDERED me with how bland he was. I think he is my least favorite Assassin, his main trait is "if shit goes south, alcohol it is", Yeah, Edward Kenway kinda did the same, but he was a pirate first and he sobered up after. Arno was...why are you doing all these stupid decisions?

And the main villain, and the fact that the plot made no sense, the stupid sages, the stealth that worked whenever it wanted to, the stupid AXE GUN from the DLC which is the most stealthy weapon ever (nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice)....

Yeah not my favorite for sure xD 

(You sure do have to go scientific about them AC games at one point though  :> )

6 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Syndicate was damn fun, too bad the higher-ups really insisted on adding Jacob Frye. Evie could have carried the plot by herself.

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1

Just now, Copanele said:

Well Unity has the best parkour out of all AC games, I will definitely agree to that. And the game is beautiful, didn't encounter many glitches other than random NPCs popping in and out of existence. Can't say I was too crazy for Paris, but that's a matter of preference, the game looked peachy regardless.

But man...Arno MURDERED me with how bland he was. I think he is my least favorite Assassin, his main trait is "if shit goes south, alcohol it is", Yeah, Edward Kenway kinda did the same, but he was a pirate first and he sobered up after. Arno was...why are you doing all these stupid decisions?

And the main villain, and the fact that the plot made no sense, the stupid sages, the stealth that worked whenever it wanted to, the stupid AXE GUN from the DLC which is the most stealthy weapon ever (nobody will notice if there's nobody to notice)....

Yeah not my favorite for sure xD 

(You sure do have to go scientific about them AC games at one point though  :> )

Yeah....

*sigh*

...yeah.

Arno did suck. There's no fighting that one!

Just now, Copanele said:

Syndicate was damn fun, too bad the devs really insisted on adding Jacob Frye. Evie could have carried the plot by herself.

Amen on that one - I wonder why it is they still seem to hesitate about putting a female-only AC game out?

Aveline was a great protagonist, and in both of the half-n-half ones, the woman runs away with it - Evie was way more interesting than Jacob... and while Kassandra was one of the best protagonists they've ever had, the less said about Alexios the better! ?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Amen on that one - I wonder why it is they still seem to hesitate about putting a female-only AC game out?

There has been some reports as of why they don't do it...but I don't want to open that can of worms on my checklist xD 

Aveline was a great protagonist, and in both of the half-n-half ones, the woman runs away with it - Evie was way more interesting than Jacob... and while Kassandra was one of the best protagonists they've ever had, the less said about Alexios the better! 1f602.png

Yep agreed with all of the above!

I admit, I played as Alexios in Odyssey and I loved him as well, BUT! I played Alexios as a belligerent drunk who goes Malaka mode across Greece - not your usual Assassin's Creed experience, but there's little AC left in that game anyway.

Also, while I liked Bayek as a protagonist...I so wanted to play as Aya/Amunet instead....

P.S. While female Eivor is the canonical character in Valhalla, Male Eivor has the superior voice actor by far. A soft spoken male viking voice works way better than a Malboro chain-smoking female viking when it comes to dialogue and diplomacy, and it shows.

I should rename my thread in "Copanele's collection of trophies and AC experiences" xD I could go on about assassin's creed for days...

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 1