Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

7 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

So there’s still issues regarding the challenges?

Nope, the Mastery Challenges were fixed...mostly. You can complete them, no more stupid suicide missions.

The problem is how the AI and the entire game behaves, whether it's the main game. Basically the enemies get stuck into walls, detect you from a mile away, the game slows down (I am on a PS4 however so it might be from my side), Eivor can't climb stuff to save his life, and so on. It's basically a string of annoyances that prevent me from enjoying this game.

I will have to admit however, Forgotten Saga might be the best AC Valhalla DLC. There IS some challenge and thinking involved this time around. I might not crap on it this time xD 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 4:21 AM, Copanele said:

After cleaning up most of the "southern and central area" of the game, I decided to brace myself and go after the main unskippable boss, Fire Giant

It's funny how they created this boss - out of all the crazy regal names "Godrick the Grafted", "Rennala Queen of the Moon" "Starscourge Radahn", now you are facing...Fire Giant, lord of the Fire Giants. Oh well, he has to die so...

This part had me cracking up!! Seriously tho, they couldn't come up with... ANYTHING FFS??! Here, how about this: Ifrit the Immolater? See, not the best but still way better than bum-ass Fire Giant ? That dude was a total chode, even with my well-leveled up Astrologer, he took me more tries than I'd care to admit ?

I will just once again say how amazed I am to see you do this Copanele ? Most impressive watching you rip these bosses to shreds! 

That fucking Godskin Duo... Holy shit man, I was prob a level 100 Astrologer and it took me 100 tries to get them. I had no clue about the sleep strat which is genius!! 

I was also weak to watch that bird just plummet to his death... Funny how you only took 1/3 health loss but he lost... What was it, like 17k hit points??! Bahaha you clever man, you!! 

Keep em coming man... I will be very much looking forward to seeing your victory video against Malenia... And the Elden Beast... Fuck that giant coward who won't stay still to get his ass served up proper!

• Like 2

Absolutely INCREDIBLE my dude! Wow, I mean I knew how it ended... But Geezus that still kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time!!

46 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Phase 1 - Malenia Blade of Miquella

• Start the fight by throwing a knife at Malenia while she is mid-distance, she will dodge and dash into you trying to kick you. Intercept that dash, jump L1 to crash on her with the powerstanced swords then Bloodhound Step (BHS) back.
  • If she does an upward followed by a downward slam, you can jump L1 her.
  • If she does a thrust attack, BHS sideways and press L1 to thrust her with your swords
  • If she does 2 slashes and lingers, she will do a dash towards you, so intercept that with jump L1
  • If she does 2 slashes be on your guard, she will attack you with a zigzag slash (showed by sparks), followed by a sweep. If it 's a short sweep, be on your guard, if it's a long winded sweep, that one can be punished by a Jump L1
  • If she pulls her hand backwards BE CAREFUL that's a grab. Time your dodge and don't try to punish.
  • At 2/3 of her health, stop using the knives to bait her, she will be able to use her Waterfowl Dance. The moment you see her jump start running like hell!
  • The most effective way to dodge the Waterfowl Dance (needs practice)
    • Do a BHS when she lands during her first spin
    • Roll/BHS INTO her during her second spin
    • Stand still and roll backwards while Malenia goes around you with her third spin.
  • You will need practice to avoid that stupid attack. No idea how to dodge it point blank.
  • Freeze Bombs kick her out of Waterfowl, but they must be thrown the moment she jumps AND she has to be defrosted.

Phase 2 - Malenia Goddess of Rot

• She will always start her phase with a Rot bomb. Unlock the camera, run forward to a safe distance, switch to your crossbow and pelt her with 3-4 sets of blood bolts. Switch back to your greatsword
  • All of her phase 1 moves except Waterfowl can be cancelled into a jump then slam into a vertical Rot geyzer. Be VERY careful, none of her moves are safe to punish anymore.
  • She will nonstop chase you, so knives are obsolete.
  • Waterfowl Attack can be detected by her doing a massive spin with her wings.
  • She gets a new move CLONE ATTACK which is her most dangerous move. Malenia jumps in the air and spams clones that attack you, followed by her crashing into you.
  • The clones have 6 attacks in total. The best strategy is to run away from Malenia and be careful that you dodge attack 6 only. If you run away, all of the other attacks will miss you.

Can I just take a quick moment to appreciate your notes here?? That is some true dedication right there, mapping out the keys to victory! Gonna keep this one in my back pocket for when I eventually take the plunge again... I have yet to even try Malenia! ?

Do I remember reading that she also regens health when you get hit? I guess that's kind of irrelevant when you pull off a near-flawless victory ?

I'm just wondering where you got all this info about her and the other bosses? I guess maybe it's just lore spread throughout the game? I tried to check out as much stuff as I came across, but don't remember reading things as in depth as you've laid them out... You should make like a character/boss bio with all this very interesting lore!

Absolutely stupendous @Copanele ? Looking forward to your next update at the finish line!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

Absolutely INCREDIBLE my dude! Wow, I mean I knew how it ended... But Geezus that still kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time!!

Can I just take a quick moment to appreciate your notes here?? That is some true dedication right there, mapping out the keys to victory! Gonna keep this one in my back pocket for when I eventually take the plunge again... I have yet to even try Malenia! 1f605.png

Big thanks for the appreciation :D 

Yeah sorry that I kinda spoiled the boss fight for you, but given how Dark Souls/Elden Ring games work, I do believe you'll have one hell of a time too xD even if you know what's coming!

Do I remember reading that she also regens health when you get hit? I guess that's kind of irrelevant when you pull off a near-flawless victory 1f61b.png

Yes she does. Best to not get hit too much, you don't want to prolong her fight at all!

I'm just wondering where you got all this info about her and the other bosses? I guess maybe it's just lore spread throughout the game? I tried to check out as much stuff as I came across, but don't remember reading things as in depth as you've laid them out... You should make like a character/boss bio with all this very interesting lore!

From item description and some wikia lore, since I love the way the story is told in the game. 

Thankfully Elden Ring has a more straightforward story, so you could pretty much catch most references!

Absolutely stupendous @Copanele 1f4aa.png Looking forward to your next update at the finish line!

Again, many thanks! 

Last update will be a big one, since I have to cover the final 5 bosses. Will take my time with them :P The only worry is the last boss since he...can be a bit of a piece of shit. But if I beat Malenia, I think I can handle that one too!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Last update will be a big one, since I have to cover the final 5 bosses. Will take my time with them :P The only worry is the last boss since he...can be a bit of a piece of shit. But if I beat Malenia, I think I can handle that one too!

Yeahhhh... EB was the reason I backed off a month or two ago and haven't had the gall to go for a rematch yet... One day tho!! But hey, given how you smashed through Malenia, I'm sure it'll just be a short matter of time before you cross the finish line here!

What's next then? A club-only Prisoner RL1 run perhaps?? I know I saw you do that with one of the older entries in the series, IIRC?! 

24 minutes ago, Joe Dubz said:

What's next then? A club-only Prisoner RL1 run perhaps?? I know I saw you do that with one of the older entries in the series, IIRC?! 

Next on the list is a looooong Fromsoftware break and then...Sekiro no posture/health upgrade run xD But I am pretty much done with Elden Ring, I consider myself satisfied!

What I did before was a Fist Only Dark Souls 2 run. It was mad fun and mad brutal at the same time! 

Nice to hear your feedback on the roguelite DLC that was added to Valhalla. It's about time a Valhalla DLC is actually good, considering the massive jank you had to deal with during the past few updates. The gameplay you described does sound interesting, but not interesting enough for me to do another 200 hour Ubisoft game, lol. I'll stick to experiencing Valhalla though the good ol' Copinator. ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Nice to hear your feedback on the roguelite DLC that was added to Valhalla. It's about time a Valhalla DLC is actually good, considering the massive jank you had to deal with during the past few updates. The gameplay you described does sound interesting, but not interesting enough for me to do another 200 hour Ubisoft game, lol. I'll stick to experiencing Valhalla though the good ol' Copinator. 1f60e.png

Oh no this is NOT a game to invest your time in. With that time investment, you might as well start something like Star Ocean 4

Stay tuned for more DLC in the future ? (Ubi pls stahp)

• Like 2

What a Chad.

20 hours ago, Copanele said:

The end result is the video below. My performance was incredibly sloppy, I know, but you have to understand that this boss is REALLY THAT HARD!

0bwdbLx.png

Edited by Slava
  • Like 2

Another one to the SNK collection, this time it's a re-re-re-release of KoF98. Not sure how many releases this game had but oh well.

Do you think this will be the last 98 rerelease they do? Cuz I sure don't! :D

This game is worth an investment only if you are into King of Fighters and SNK games in general. Hope they will remaster KoF XIII already...

How many gods do I have to pray to for a XIII remaster? I need it like air...

Congrats on Elden Ring and your new 100%!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

1f4af.pngNo. 51 - Capcom Beat'em Up Bundle

header.jpg?t=1656579218

Nice work as always!

I miiiiiigghht get this just because of my fond memories of Final Fight. I always laughed at the beginning, when they set up the story and Cody just pops up with a fuckin towel on his shoulder. I assume he was too busy working out to get to the intro on time.

Screenshot-20220831-143758-You-Tube.jpg

"Yeeaahhhh just got back from the gym.... oh yeah, uhhh What?! Jessica?!"

Sadly, my lowly SNES version didn't have Guy?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Nice work as always!

I miiiiiigghht get this just because of my fond memories of Final Fight. I always laughed at the beginning, when they set up the story and Cody just pops up with a fuckin towel on his shoulder. I assume he was too busy working out to get to the intro on time.

Screenshot-20220831-143758-You-Tube.jpg

"Yeeaahhhh just got back from the gym.... oh yeah, uhhh What?! Jessica?!"

Sadly, my lowly SNES version didn't have Guy1f614.png

Hah yeah Cody has always been the "Wait what did I miss" guy ? probably that's why he is my favorite from Street Fighter...

Speaking of...he really had a development from his Final Fight origins...

maxresdefault.jpg ------------> street_fighter_5_cody.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Hah yeah Cody has always been the "Wait what did I miss" guy 1f602.png probably that's why he is my favorite from Street Fighter...

After beating the game he should've come out as the credits rolled like "What?! The Mad Gears have been defeated?! JESSICA MUST PAY!"

....er actually scratch that last part.

7 minutes ago, Copanele said:

maxresdefault.jpg ------------> street_fighter_5_cody.jpg

That's Cody?! Holy shit, he's like the muscle-addled fratboy who grew up to be an accountant or some shit, I love it!

That's what I get for falling off after Street Fighter II Turbo, huh?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Copanele said:

Battle Circuit - You have to retrieve a special disk from an evil overlord, all characters are Darkstalkers lookalike. I played as the bootleg green Felicia and it was pretty fun. You can also buy skills in this game, which was pretty unique for its time.

Yellow Iris from Battle Circuit, mm-hmm. ?

zL5JXV8.jpg

She had a cameo in UMvC3 as an alternate skin for Felicia, so your "bootleg green Felicia" comparison is not too far off from the mark. xxD

I'd so play with her...in the game, of course. ?

I love the beat 'ems so the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle is an obligatory pick for me at some point. Funnily enough, Final Fight is the only game there I'm familiar with. Everything else there is going to be new for me. Highly looking forward to Battle Circuit for obvious reasons. The only big downside I see to the collection is the easy trophy list it has, as it doesn't challenge the player too much compared to other similar games out there with more demanding lists.

• Like 4

Nice work m'dude - Tekken 6, my first ever platinum!

Totally know what you mean about it being bizarre that so many of the trophies are for things that have little if anything to do with the core game - it really is strange.

I suspect it's more to do with the time the game game out, than anything else - given how early the game was in the "trophy era" I wonder if the devs were still hesitant about what trophies would actually do to online games with communities?

Maybe there was a bit of "oh, trophies, you say? And we need to include them now?...Weird... what will we do with these strange things?

Well... we don't want to attach too many to our REAL game, because maybe they'll just be a nothing burger, and no one will care, and we don't want to mess with the meta....

I KNOW! We'll add them all to this sill side mode no one is ever supposed to play for longer than it takes to go "well, this is odd", then never go back!"

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice work m'dude - Tekken 6, my first ever platinum!

Totally know what you mean about it being bizarre that so many of the trophies are for things that have little if anything to do with the core game - it really is strange.

I suspect it's more to do with the time the game game out, than anything else - given how early the game was in the "trophy era" I wonder if the devs were still hesitant about what trophies would actually do to online games with communities?

Maybe there was a bit of "oh, trophies, you say? And we need to include them now?...Weird... what will we do with these strange things?

Well... we don't want to attach too many to our REAL game, because maybe they'll just be a nothing burger, and no one will care, and we don't want to mess with the meta....

I KNOW! We'll add them all to this sill side mode no one is ever supposed to play for longer than it takes to go "well, this is odd", then never go back!"

Mmm, I will need a Tekken historian here, because from what I've heard Tekken is no stranger to silly modes.

However here I believe the trophies linked to Scenario Mode were correct~ the trophy list is quite standard. My issue is with the mode itself to be honest, because Scenario Mode IS the main story mode that is intended to play first. But again, I need a Tekken connoisseur to confirm this to me xD 

What I would have preferred is the Blazblue "Abyss mode" approach. Sure, insert items, healing stuff, levelling up, but keep it fighting related only WITH twists. One character inflicts fire with his punches. One flips the screen. One fight is versus many characters, and so on. Keep the core values of the game and go crazy in the details department.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

So...is Tekken 6 worth it? Mmmm....if you find it somewhere cheap and have some friends available to have matches with, yeah it's worth an investment. 

Definitely agree with this assessment. That describes my experience with Tekken 6 too. 

I had fun with the story mode, but I can't say it was outstanding. Fighting x Beat 'Em Up sounds like an interesting mix until the flaws come up to the surface. For me, one of them was the targeting. My Nina would often target and attack the wrong guy, or the lock-on would stay on the neutralised enemy for 2 seconds too long. 

My favourite characters were Nina and Lili, both blond girls, even though I didn't go for the looks (I swear ?). I liked their moves. I often heard how Tekken always had great animations as far as 3D fighters go. And I can definitely see that in 6 too, with Lili's acrobatics in particular.

• Like 3