Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

5 hours ago, Copanele said:

Recommendation - Tekken 7 

This the right answer here ?. 

It's the most balanced Tekken yet. Not to mention god... Going back to 6 after 7 is extremely hard for me. There are subtle changes to the movesets and the way juggles work that it just throws me off completely. 

Plus having to play on the shitty PS3 controller is a nightmare. My fingers also sometimes hit the left analog stick (I use the D-pad) because of how compact and tiny the ps3 controller is and it makes me mess up my combos sometimes. 

But overall I had good memories with 6. The beat em up was a breath of fresh air to me. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slava said:

Definitely agree with this assessment. That describes my experience with Tekken 6 too. 

I had fun with the story mode, but I can't say it was outstanding. Fighting x Beat 'Em Up sounds like an interesting mix until the flaws come up to the surface. For me, one of them was the targeting. My Nina would often target and attack the wrong guy, or the lock-on would stay on the neutralised enemy for 2 seconds too long. 

Yeah it took me a LONG time to learn that you can switch targets, but even then your character will go wazoo in another direction

12 hours ago, Slava said:

My favourite characters were Nina and Lili, both blond girls, even though I didn't go for the looks (I swear ?). I liked their moves. I often heard how Tekken always had great animations as far as 3D fighters go. And I can definitely see that in 6 too, with Lili's acrobatics in particular.

Hah, classy picks :D Yeah Tekken's animations look fire as hell! No complaints in the design department, that's for sure!

9 hours ago, PooPooBlast said:

This the right answer here 1f602.png

It's the most balanced Tekken yet. Not to mention god... Going back to 6 after 7 is extremely hard for me. There are subtle changes to the movesets and the way juggles work that it just throws me off completely. 

Yeah Tekken 6 showed its age. Was fun, but not even close to tekken 7 in terms of movement and ... everything really. 

SPEAKING OF TEKKEN! I finally got Tekken Tag 2 and Street Fighter x Tekken. I will be busy the next days :D 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Copanele said:

1f4af.pngNo. 52 - Disc Jam

H2x1_NSwitchDS_DiscJam.jpg

Difficulty - 2/10

Servers will shut down on 30th September

Wait what?! I thought this was quite hard to get 100% in, but looking at my trophy list, I only need a few more (easy) trophies. Thanks for the heads up about the server shut down too! I'll try get this out of the way this weekend.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 11:23 PM, Copanele said:

1f4af.pngNo. 52 - Disc Jam

H2x1_NSwitchDS_DiscJam.jpg

• Servers will shut down on 30th September

Oh damn I didn't hear about this. I just need the 50 wins trophy, but I'm not sure I want to really grind that out.... whats another unobtainable for my profile anyways haha.

Edited by Grotz99

21 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

Oh damn I didn't hear about this. I just need the 50 wins trophy, but I'm not sure I want to really grind that out.... whats another unobtainable for my profile anyways haha.

The wins can be done pretty fast :D you just need someone to boost with, it takes like...30 minutes for one person to get the trophy, I think

Haven't been on this thread lately, but you know me, I tend to be absent for weeks at a time before I check in on a trophy checklists thread.

Yakuza Remastered Collection is on sale right now, but it's going to be rough going to older Yakuza games after I treated myself the luxury of playing thru all three 'Origin' Yakuza games (Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2 respectively).

People tell me pool in Yakuza 3 is possibly a platinum breaker due to how it is handled on the PS4. Mahjong is here just like the other games, so that will take a while to get the requirements out of the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Haven't been on this thread lately, but you know me, I tend to be absent for weeks at a time before I check in on a trophy checklists thread.

Yakuza Remastered Collection is on sale right now, but it's going to be rough going to older Yakuza games after I treated myself the luxury of playing thru all three 'Origin' Yakuza games (Yakuza 0, Yakuza Kiwami 1 & 2 respectively).

I would say take the plunge. The gameplay is rougher, true, but the story and atmosphere of Yakuza 3 is top notch. And it only gets better from there. 

5 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

People tell me pool in Yakuza 3 is possibly a platinum breaker due to how it is handled on the PS4. Mahjong is here just like the other games, so that will take a while to get the requirements out of the way.

Yeaaaaaah pool is broken there ?not really a platinum breaker buuuut it will annoy you. 

Mahjong is mahjong, nothing special there. It is pool that should worry you in y3 xD

6 hours ago, Copanele said:

:platinum: No.192 - Hitman GO

capsule_616x353.jpg?t=1592491780

Good shit, bro!

I think you and Doc have gotten me on board with this one, I've been curious about it for some time.

Also, being out of modern Hitman games to play, I'm edging ever so slightly on going past gen, and I blame you? I haven't quite decided yet, but there's a possibility that while you're enjoying the absurdly smooth modern Hitman trilogy, I'll be toiling away in Jank City with the old ones?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Good shit, bro!

I think you and Doc have gotten me on board with this one, I've been curious about it for some time.

You ain't going to regret it!

And if you do...just blast through it in 1 hour with videos xD either way you win!

36 minutes ago, YaManSmevz said:

Also, being out of modern Hitman games to play, I'm edging ever so slightly on going past gen, and I blame you1f604.png I haven't quite decided yet, but there's a possibility that while you're enjoying the absurdly smooth modern Hitman trilogy, I'll be toiling away in Jank City with the old ones?

Oh MAN! If you aim to play the original jank ones, I gladly accept the blame. You'll experience the beauty of St Petersburg Stakeout in Silent Assassin and Traditions of the Trade in Contracts :D 

However...you'll also have to experience the dreadful Hidden Valley and At The Gates...probably the worst playstation-available hitman missions ever made xD 

Actually, I think you'll enjoy them overall ? to see the origins of Agent 47 (sadly the first game ain't on Playstation. Maybe it's for the best...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Oh MAN! If you aim to play the original jank ones, I gladly accept the blame. You'll experience the beauty of St Petersburg Stakeout in Silent Assassin and Traditions of the Trade in Contracts :D 

However...you'll also have to experience the dreadful Hidden Valley and At The Gates...probably the worst playstation-available hitman missions ever made xD 

I beat Silent Assassin waaaayyy back when that was considered the new shit, so that one I know to low key dread trying to plat? I missed literally everything between that and the reboot though (and the first one), which is enough to have kept me knee deep in FOMO?

Actually, I think you'll enjoy them overall 1f602.png to see the origins of Agent 47 (sadly the first game ain't on Playstation. Maybe it's for the best...)

Is Absolution the one with the revamped versions of the first game? Or am I thinking Blood Money?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YaManSmevz said:

Is Absolution the one with the revamped versions of the first game? Or am I thinking Blood Money1f914.png

Neither, it's actually Contracts. That one has reused and remade (and way improved) versions of the first game.

Except for Colombian missions from the first game, cause no amount of work would have saved those atrocities xD 

• Like 1

On 16/09/2022 at 9:21 AM, AJ_Radio said:

Actually Yakuza 3, 4 and 5, still hold up VERY well.

Now if you've tried to play the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD remasters on PS3... Now THOSE are older Yakuza games. I still Yakuza 3 to 4 and 5. Yakuza 3 is just really hard, and downright unfair with most of the mini games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Now if you've tried to play the Yakuza 1 and 2 HD remasters on PS3... Now THOSE are older Yakuza games. I still Yakuza 3 to 4 and 5. Yakuza 3 is just really hard, and downright unfair with most of the mini games.

I would even say that the "black sheep of the series" Yakuza Dead Souls holds VERY well, despite being a janky ps3 spin-off. All yakuza games have their own charm and identity. 

But yeah Yakuza 3 is kinda the "most difficult" platinum wise, because of the blocking AI and stupid Pool minigame, at least in Remastered version. For me, Kiwami still remains the trickiest though, because of that car chase on Legend and @enaysoft's favorite character, Haruka and her dumb requests ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

I would even say that the "black sheep of the series" Yakuza Dead Souls holds VERY well, despite being a janky ps3 spin-off. All yakuza games have their own charm and identity. 

But yeah Yakuza 3 is kinda the "most difficult" platinum wise, because of the blocking AI and stupid Pool minigame, at least in Remastered version. For me, Kiwami still remains the trickiest though, because of that car chase on Legend and @enaysoft's favorite character, Haruka and her dumb requests 1f602.png

Hahaha, how did you know? You know me well. lol

Yakuza Dead Souls might actually be my overall favourite Yakuza game. Change my mind! I would be playing it right now if a PS4 60fps version got released. Crying shame it never did.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, Copanele said:

THE GOOD:

• Quite a different Hitman game
  • The game's main quality is that it's relaxing
  • The puzzles are actually smart
  • Restart button
  • Somehow the aesthetics of the game are actually good

Not really played any Hitman games properly but couldn't complain with this one and I'm not that into puzzle games. Definitely worth a playthrough for anyone, even if you end up using videos to make it easy. Lara Croft GO is good as well. Think that one comes with the DLC they released for the mobile versions in one package.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 1:07 PM, YaManSmevz said:

Good shit, bro!

Also, being out of modern Hitman games to play, I'm edging ever so slightly on going past gen, and I blame you1f604.png I haven't quite decided yet, but there's a possibility that while you're enjoying the absurdly smooth modern Hitman trilogy, I'll be toiling away in Jank City with the old ones?

On 9/16/2022 at 1:51 PM, Copanele said:

You ain't going to regret it!

And if you do...just blast through it in 1 hour with videos xD either way you win!

Actually, I think you'll enjoy them overall 1f602.png to see the origins of Agent 47 (sadly the first game ain't on Playstation. Maybe it's for the best...)

*sighs* Hitman is another older franchise I just never got around to. It’s long been a fan favorite for those who love stealth. I’m not saying it’s Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid because that’s comparing apples with oranges. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

But yeah Yakuza 3 is kinda the "most difficult" platinum wise, because of the blocking AI and stupid Pool minigame, at least in Remastered version. For me, Kiwami still remains the trickiest though, because of that car chase on Legend and @enaysoft's favorite character, Haruka and her dumb requests 1f602.png

Isn’t every other game on the PS3 full of jank? 

Jokes aside, I already purchased the collection. Won’t be adding it to my backlog for a while, because I like to think I’m making personal progress instead of shoving more games onto it. 

I didn’t see Mahjong in Yakuza 3, is that right? I can’t help but feel some appreciation for those mini games because there’s a bunch of western games, including golf, baseball, bowling, poker, blackjack and several others. Whereas the East has mahjong, koi-koi and of course, hostess dating.

26 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I didn’t see Mahjong in Yakuza 3, is that right? I can’t help but feel some appreciation for those mini games because there’s a bunch of western games, including golf, baseball, bowling, poker, blackjack and several others. Whereas the East has mahjong, koi-koi and of course, hostess dating.

Yakuza 3 had a Mahjong completion where you have to get 50k points. 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

On 16/09/2022 at 3:03 PM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No.192 - Hitman GO

Awesome write up man!

Really glad you like this one - it's an odd game, but very well made!

I know what you mean about this stuff...

• Quite a different Hitman game
  • The game's main quality is that it's relaxing
  • The puzzles are actually smart
  • Somehow the aesthetics of the game are actually good

It's the kind of game where I feel like someone pitching it to the licence holder would get a look like they were on drugs... "wait, so it's a board game... but not a board game... and it's turn based... but Hitman.... and it looks like what?"

...but it ends up being such a cool, unique little thing!

Honestly, I reckon you can probably sell this one to anyone who'd like it, just with this:

hitman_go_game_board.png

?

Ps...

Recommendation - b97c962ff38a53568a48a1be8c3d1a4380e6d019.jpg?auto=compress,format&fit=crop&h=353&w=616&s=8844962fc645983c91268687327b63ebHaven't played any other significant puzzle games so...Lara GO perhaps? 

Yeah, it's good... not quite as good, but still good. Much easier puzzles in it, is the biggest knock against it really - but actually, the visuals aren't quite as unique or interesting either. Still worth a punt, but may be a slight deflation after this one.

There actually is a third one of these, that is slightly better than Lara Croft, (though still not as good as Hitman) - Deus Ex Go - though for some reason, I don't think it came to consoles :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

Hahaha, how did you know? You know me well. lol

No Yakuza post is without your "it would be the best if it wasn't for Haruka" ? it's a tradition at this point!

Personally I am double curious what kind of requests Haruka will have in Ishin xD thank god they localize that one for non-Japanese speakers like me :( (also crossed fingers for Kenzan as well)

Yakuza Dead Souls might actually be my overall favourite Yakuza game. Change my mind! I would be playing it right now if a PS4 60fps version got released. Crying shame it never did.

Definitely not my favorite, BUT! It has some mad charm in itself. I've come to think that saying "Yakuza x is my favorite" is the correct answer no matter the choice, all of them are damn good.

However it really doesn't want me to use Snipe Actions because my PS3 is in danger of exploding together with the zombies.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

*sighs* Hitman is another older franchise I just never got around to. It’s long been a fan favorite for those who love stealth. I’m not saying it’s Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell or Metal Gear Solid because that’s comparing apples with oranges. 

Different strokes for different folks. 

Something tells me you'd enjoy Hitman...not sure why. They are low on story and high on creativity. Then they get better in story and even higher in creativity.

All I am trying to say...everyone should try at least one Hitman game xD unless you loathe stealth.

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Isn’t every other game on the PS3 full of jank? 

Jokes aside, I already purchased the collection. Won’t be adding it to my backlog for a while, because I like to think I’m making personal progress instead of shoving more games onto it. 

There definitely is Mahjong in Yakuza 3. At least in the PS4 version, the "Concealed Dragon" was quite the difficult task to pull. You have to drop everything in your hand via Pon, Chi or Kan and win with only one tile on the table.

Buut with 3 yakuza games worth of mahjong, it's not an impossible task

59 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Awesome write up man!

Really glad you like this one - it's an odd game, but very well made!

I know what you mean about this stuff...

It's the kind of game where I feel like someone pitching it to the licence holder would get a look like they were on drugs... "wait, so it's a board game... but not a board game... and it's turn based... but Hitman.... and it looks like what?"

...but it ends up being such a cool, unique little thing!

Honestly, I reckon you can probably sell this one to anyone who'd like it, just with this:

1f602.png

Yeah this game was hilarious - it shouldn't have worked...yet it did...quite well in fact.

That's only thanks to the creativity of the puzzles. If they were dumb puzzles, doubt I'd have enjoyed it as much. I think I had only one purely stupid puzzle where I had to go left-right 10 times or so just to line up 4 enemies for a sniper shot.

59 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Ps...

Yeah, it's good... not quite as good, but still good. Much easier puzzles in it, is the biggest knock against it really - but actually, the visuals aren't quite as unique or interesting either. Still worth a punt, but may be a slight deflation after this one.

There actually is a third one of these, that is slightly better than Lara Croft, (though still not as good as Hitman) - Deus Ex Go - though for some reason, I don't think it came to consoles :dunno:

Yeah might still play Lara Croft GO for relaxation...you know, after clearing up a long and difficult game, stuff like this really gets you in a good mood.

I heard there's a Deus Ex GO game, weird that they didn't port it.

Ok~~~Back on writing the post for Stray. I HAVE NO IDEA WHY IS IT SO HARD TO WRITE ABOUT A CAT VIDEOGAME!

• Like 1