Copanele's collection of trophies and experiences

Copanele

Damn son, you came outta the back of that one really loving it!

Well, dammit - that sounds really good - good to see a traditional mouse and keyboard game managing to work on a controller at least well enough to keep the good stuff afloat!

This does sound like a good one - for a specific kinda mood of course, but sims are like that anyways!

noted!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Damn son, you came outta the back of that one really loving it!

Well, dammit - that sounds really good - good to see a traditional mouse and keyboard game managing to work on a controller at least well enough to keep the good stuff afloat!

This does sound like a good one - for a specific kinda mood of course, but sims are like that anyways!

noted!

Yep! Actually the issues that I had with the game were more because of my misunderstanding of the game's mechanics. However, after reading the actual guide released by the devs and some helpful steam strats, I managed to finally understand what I was doing wrong. I can't say that the PSNP guide was too helpful in that regard ?

And yeah...I played this game so much in the past days to the point where I was ignoring messages just so I won't break concentration ? The gamepad control is silky smooth, although damn I wish I could open multiple tabs and move them around (not possible in ps4 version)

So yeah...i do wholeheartedly recommend this game...with the mention that it's still an "acquired taste" kind of game (you either love it or hate it), so it might not have the same appeal to others. Just fair warning :P

• Like 1

Damn dude, you definitely have me convinced to try out Grand Ages! Been a while since I dipped my toe into that genre... You planning to try any other sim games out on PS4? Idk if all of them will hit like this one, but it seems to be an itch you've had dormant for a while now, and it's now in need of more scratching :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Damn dude, you definitely have me convinced to try out Grand Ages! Been a while since I dipped my toe into that genre... You planning to try any other sim games out on PS4? Idk if all of them will hit like this one, but it seems to be an itch you've had dormant for a while now, and it's now in need of more scratching :D

Yes absolutely, the first one that I want to play on PS4 is Port Royale 4, which is a series I've played before. Port Royale 2 was quite the head scratcher but damn did I love it!

Then I wish to try Tropico 5 and Tropico 6. I...played Tropico 1 a looong time ago, but "played" is a strong word because I didn't quite understand that game at the time xD 

After these I will see what else I can find on Playstation, I reaaaaalllllly missed this genre of games but I have to be careful with the controls. If the controls are a pain then the game won't be fun at all.

I also want to move into real time strategy territory on a console, specifically Spellforce 3. I played 1 and 2 like a madman, really curious how 3 behaves :D

Oh boy, here I go spending again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Copanele said:

Whee, another season, another Overwatch TWO hero released. Which means 2 more trophies shoved in the nethers of my trophy list. A-FUCKING-MAZING 1f49e.png

They even shoved these 2 trophies inside another DLC list. Didn't know they could do that lol.

Only 38 Trophies left until freedom! Hang in there!

• Like 1

i have not much knowledge about games i just play and buy the ones i think they are fun @Copanele  so enjoy the games you got it seems that you guys have much more knowledge about games then i do i finally can play dlc trophies since i bought season passes vergil playable character assasins creed oddesey fallout4 batman arkham knight and 1 game i bought kena bridge of spirits so if someone can share there are knowledge about games i wil be happy to hear it and the rest of you guys all enjoy the games

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 2:02 PM, Copanele said:

:platinum: No. 206 - Grand Ages Medieval

LsSzqJ8rtLxqcYKaSGfuPJdHbnckpxhN.png

This sounds pretty similar to the Civilization games, but more about economy/diplomacy than racing to get to space, destroying/allying with everyone or other ways to win. I might have to give it a try someday. Civ definitely had me going to long into the night though, it's always just one more turn...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Grotz99 said:

This sounds pretty similar to the Civilization games, but more about economy/diplomacy than racing to get to space, destroying/allying with everyone or other ways to win. I might have to give it a try someday. Civ definitely had me going to long into the night though, it's always just one more turn...

I actually never tried a Civilization game, despite them being so popular! At some point I will give them a go...but I don't know, there's somethng about them that scares me.

Might be Gandhi xD 

• Like 2

Assassin's Creed Valhalla - The Last Chapter

Fiwo33NWYAIXjVF.jpg

WARNING - MAJOR AC VALHALLA SPOILERS AHEAD

(although at this point I am surprised that anyone cares anymore)

So...the final FINAL FINAL I swear to got I hope it's FINAL DLC for AC Valhalla has been released. No trophy support, which was quite surprising, since Ubisoft has the tendency to release trophies for every piece of material they release, but I thought "heck, I suffered through this shit all this time, might as well spend 1 hour for the Last Chapter too, free of charge". Stockholm Syndrome be damned...

Anyway, in this final chapter we find out how Eivor, the brave Norseman who made England tremble before his might, powers and voodoo magic given by Odin himself, ended up in America of all places. For those who couldn't keep up with the nonsensical plot, Eivor is possessed by Odin himself and so he (or should I say she - more on that later) decides to come to terms with this apparition instead of banishing it.

Meanwhile, in the present, Basim wants to figure out the same thing, what happened to Eivor, therefore he takes over the Animus and generates 5 memory orbs set in various parts of England and Norway. You, as Eivor, have to find and synchronize to these orbs, but not before dressing appropriately for the task:

DBg1Ao0.jpg

The only way to find your inner peace is to dress like Sir Elton John apparently

I...don't know why that outfit appeared on me. I was using my normally upgraded Raven Clan armor and seeing Eivor looking like the most majestic peacock made me burst out laughing. Truly a self discovery outfit!

I expected this to be some long tomb exploration or another artefact or...even a discussion with Odin himself. Nah, what you have to do is saying goodbye to all the fools that you encountered during your main campaign and are still alive enough to wave at you. From them I only remembered King Aelfred because...well because he was pretty damn important. The rest were ... uh yeah see ya guys idk who you were because I played the main campaign a long while ago and I messed around in Asgard more than England.

So after you finish your memory recollection, Eivor fucks off and you return back to the present world as Basim. You go outside, pleased with what you found (I have no idea what was so important) and you see a bleeding effect memory (remember when that was important?) about Eivor and Odin. Eivor who...has been correctly set to be a female now. Canonically it's the correct choice, because Eivor WAS supposed to be a female...despite Ubisoft going out of its way to put a male on the cover once again...

I think we all know how the management at Ubisoft is truly despicable, no need to repeat myself right? Still waiting for that fully fledged AC game with a female as a lead protagonist (AC Liberation doesn't count)

OtQODYk.jpg

Odin describing the feel of playing a modern Assassin's Creed game

And then...it ends. You get a message with "Thank you for playing". 

WHAT???

THAT WAS IT???

When I thought I could not be disappointed further, these Ubi dudes find a way to push it past the limits. It took more time to load the damn game than to actually get through all the dialogue with NPCs that I didn't care about. I went through all their stupid ass DLCs to reach...this. Probably the company just wanted to get rid of Eivor ASAP so they can push AC Mirage with Basim.

What a colossal waste of time...What's worst...I did enjoy the main game. I would have probably enjoyed this last chapter if not for the damned DLCs. But after all that headache and stupidity added to the plot ... this was like the final shovel of dirt thrown over the grave of the game that was known as AC Valhalla.

Rest in Peace Eivor, you poor blond(e) viking, you did not deserve this.

P.S. Eivor still doesn't become an assassin throughout his life. So it really was only about sexy vikings.

Recommendation: God of War 2018 + God of War Rangarok bd2a88433af287b03eddee9bdd7a2e88.jpg

Want to have actual fun in Norse mythology? Play these 2 games. They are awesome!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Grotz99 said:

Thanks for more anxiety inducing videos, even knowing that those are the successful attempts. definitely brought back memories of those bosses for me since its been like 6 months since I played it.

Be glad I haven't shared the unsuccessful attempts ?

Ok...maybe I can share one :> 

Bonus points to whoever can tell me what the hell happened there xD 

• Like 1

I absolutely loved this 2022 summary Copanele, thank you for sharing! I'm obviously incredibly happy to see Shadow Man Remastered featured here, as that of course is the best video game of all-time ? But... it also warmed my heart to see you mention Treasures of the Aegean (TWICE!) ? That's a game that needs to be played by MUCH more people, and I hope your glowing reviews here will help make that happen. As always, I love your writing style. Thank you for this, it was an entertaining read!

• Like 3

That was a fun read. Some good games you played this year.

But Elden Ring as the best game huh?

xGQHYPl.gif

I’ve spend 30 minutes searching for a Catherine gif that made any sort of sense. This was the best I could do. :awesome:

• Like 2