MHW: Iceborne trophy thoughts?

You guys should not be so angry at crowns trophies...crowns achivements allways been on MH saga, but now is a lot more easy to earn them since there are events quest every week where you can farm 4 crowns at time and a lot of people playing the game if you dont want to farm in solo.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

Which trophies should autopop? All are related to Master rank. I cannot find single trophy, which should autopop.

My best bet would be that great sized fish from the base game will retroactively be considered giant crown enemic life. Can’t think of much else.

Honestly, don't worry about the crowns until you're getting maxed out on gear and such.  I'm sure they'll do events again post launch where the monsters have a higher than normal chance for crowns like they did in the base game.  Bring it on I say!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

I'm glad they didn't add it to the World base game as a DLC. 

Trophy list seems almost the same as World one, the crowns for the biggest and smallest monsters will be pain in the ass, rest is probably just a matter of time.

But the gold crowns were just a matter of time too.....

2 hours ago, dark69knight said:

Oh come on not this crowns nightmare again 1f623.png

I'll carry you through the game in case you need it, noob!? LOL! Time for you to re-download the game bruh! At least now we have a pretty good idea on how to obtain the crowns compared to when MHW came out when, basically everybody was wet behind the ears back then aside from a few minor veterans. And you can't go wrong with my help!?

2 hours ago, GunfighterHefty said:

The amount of whining for something you don't HAVE to do in the game is astounding. 

I really liked hunting the crowns with my buddy. We would always see who was right in guessing if it was actually smaller or larger by appearance. And they added all the events and there was plenty of helpful videos in measuring monsters. 

All that as an aside, I am super stoked they made this an entirely new plat and can't wait to see the new content. 

The thing is if people played consistently without paying the crowns too much attention they'd get them naturally, but everybody wants that platinum ASAP and that's TOTALLY fine. But the problem is MH is a big game with a LOT to do, this ain't no quick plat ya'll!

12 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

It's weird to hear crown complaints after all those free crown events.

Grinding over and over and seeing that gold crown pop on score screen was absolutely magical, I'm looking forward to experiencing it again.

I got several crowns via events but lost interest in the game before there was an event for every monster. Not a big deal since I don't need to Platinum every game and I'm going into Iceborne fully expecting to not want to dedicate enough hours to get its Plat either. 

5 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I got several crowns via events but lost interest in the game before there was an event for every monster. Not a big deal since I don't need to Platinum every game and I'm going into Iceborne fully expecting to not want to dedicate enough hours to get its Plat either. 

There was no Event for every Monster. For the Elders and some of the normal one you needed hundreds of hours of useless and boring Kill-Grinding to get it. It's so stupid, when the RNG decides who get a Crown and who not.

22 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

A long time ago, Sony said that they have a rule where a platinum cannot need dlc to be achieved. Doesn't giving a dlc it's own plat kinda fall in a grey area with that?

I mean Full Burst copies of Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (for PS3) require beating a dlc boss fight to get the plat. 

58 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

There was no Event for every Monster. For the Elders and some of the normal one you needed hundreds of hours of useless and boring Kill-Grinding to get it. It's so stupid, when the RNG decides who get a Crown and who not.

RNG is only dumb if you let it be.
Look for patterns in quests, compare monsters size with in-game objects, skip as many battles as you can, run and kill as quickly as possible.

And if that isn't fun for you.. Well, fair enough, find yourself a different plat to earn.

• Like 2

Reminder that even if you already have the platinum for the base game, you can start working towards your Iceborne platinum today by getting the gold crowns for the monsters added post-launch.

1 hour ago, nyonmyan said:

RNG is only dumb if you let it be.
Look for patterns in quests, compare monsters size with in-game objects, skip as many battles as you can, run and kill as quickly as possible.

And if that isn't fun for you.. Well, fair enough, find yourself a different plat to earn.

Says the Noob with just 123 Platinums.

28 minutes ago, Happy said:

Reminder that even if you already have the platinum for the base game, you can start working towards your Iceborne platinum today by getting the gold crowns for the monsters added post-launch.

What do you mean, actual Monsters will count for Iceborne? I don't get it.

Edited by Sikutai

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

Says the Noob with just 123 Platinums.

Coming from somebody who plays My Name Is Mayo. This is golden! ??? Grow up, kid.

20 hours ago, Sikutai said:

I hope they Change the Gold Crown Trophies, everybody hate These Gold Crown Trophies.

I like it. As many others. Don't play it then. Simple as that.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sikutai said:

What do you mean, actual Monsters will count for Iceborne? I don't get it.

I’m admittedly unsure of what part of what i said was unclear so i’ll just try to elaborate on it.

Assuming that the crown trophies in Iceborne will function the same way as the ones in base MHW, they should require you to collect all crowns for every monster that is in the game at the time of launch as long as that monster does have size variation.

For Iceborne, we can divide these monsters into three categories:

-Monsters that were already in base MHW from the very start

-Monsters that were added to base MHW via later updates

-Monsters that will be introduced through Iceborne at launch

You don’t need to collect all crowns for the monsters in the second category to plat the base game but you likely will in order to plat Iceborne. So players can go and do so right now in an effort to prevent having to do so when Iceborne comes out.

Edited by Happy

7 minutes ago, Happy said:

I’m admittedly unsure of what part of what i said was unclear so i’ll just try to elaborate on it.

Assuming that the crown trophies in Iceborne will function the same way as the ones in base MHW, they should require you to collect all crowns for every monster that is in the game at the time of launch as long as that monster does have size variation.

For Iceborne, we can divide these monsters into three categories:

-Monsters that were already in base MHW from the very start

-Monsters that were added to base MHW via later updates

-Monsters that will be introduced through Iceborne at launch

You don’t need to collect all crowns for the monsters in the second category to plat the base game but you likely will in order to plat Iceborne. So players can go and do so right now in an effort to prevent having to do so when Iceborne comes out.

Pretty sure only base Iceborn monsters will count, so I would rather say its a low chance bet that will likely waste your time.

• Like 2