MHW: Iceborne trophy thoughts?

50 minutes ago, Happy said:

I’m admittedly unsure of what part of what i said was unclear so i’ll just try to elaborate on it.

Assuming that the crown trophies in Iceborne will function the same way as the ones in base MHW, they should require you to collect all crowns for every monster that is in the game at the time of launch as long as that monster does have size variation.

For Iceborne, we can divide these monsters into three categories:

-Monsters that were already in base MHW from the very start

-Monsters that were added to base MHW via later updates

-Monsters that will be introduced through Iceborne at launch

You don’t need to collect all crowns for the monsters in the second category to plat the base game but you likely will in order to plat Iceborne. So players can go and do so right now in an effort to prevent having to do so when Iceborne comes out.

Only Iceborne Monsters will Count for this Trophies, no MHW Monsters. Why do you lie?!

18 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

I'm sorry for asking again, but I just want to be clear.  There is really no way to do a plat within a plat, correct?  In that case, Monster Hunter World's original list should remain at 100% after Iceborne releases?  Just double checking.  Thanks.  ?

Yes, MHW remains at 100% if you have 100% in MHW.

Edited by Sikutai

19 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

I'm sorry for asking again, but I just want to be clear.  There is really no way to do a plat within a plat, correct?  In that case, Monster Hunter World's original list should remain at 100% after Iceborne releases?  Just double checking.  Thanks.  ?

Correct. MHW will remain unaffected by this list. But you have to have MHW to play Iceborne. 

19 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

Edited by ThatMuttGuy
Double post

47 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Only Iceborne Monsters will Count for this Trophies, no MHW Monsters. Why do you lie?!

Do you have any source that proves that only Iceborne Monsters are counting? It is just his opinion and assumption regarding the crown trophies so it has nothing to do with lying.

10 hours ago, nyonmyan said:

RNG is only dumb if you let it be.
Look for patterns in quests, compare monsters size with in-game objects, skip as many battles as you can, run and kill as quickly as possible.

Yep, this is 100% true. I thought getting the crowns would be a pain but once I sat down and started "grinding" for the problematic ones (Diablos family, elder dragons) it did not actually take that long. People have made really good guides on how to check sizes before you ever even fight a monster. I put grinding in quotes as well because the grind is just the cycle of aborting the quest and starting up the new one, there is no fighting involved until you find one that looks the correct size.

Personally I am really excited for this, I was just expecting a few boring dlc trophies like most games get. Having a whole new list gets me super pumped.

The trophy lists are separate and won't affect each others completion rate.   There shouldn't be auto-popping, stat tracking will start from scratch on booting up Iceborne, so you'll still need to hunt 50 more elders to pop the Iceborne trophy etc...

I don't mind farming the crowns myself but it is a bit churlish to suggest they shouldn't be an issue  for some, to be fair it is a pain and even with sizing guides you're still loading in and out of hunts to get them.  I enjoyed doing it but appreciate others don't.

I think I understand the point about crowns between the trophy lists.   Will Iceborne require you to get crowns for the base game monsters?  Possibly, yes.  There'll be Master rank versions of all, or most of, the base game monsters, so they'll come along with Iceborne, and it's possible Iceborne will require those monster crowns.  If I have no crowns for Pukei, will the Iceborne trophy pop without them, even though a Master rank version (of Pukei) came with it?  I think what is being said is get the base game crowns and trophy so as to save 'some' farming in Iceborne.   I can't say for sure it will work like that in Iceborne, requiring base game crowns, but it is entirely possible, especially considering you should be able to get crowns from Master rank base game monsters that should contribute to the base game trophy.

That said, if you haven't got the trophy for the base game crowns and don't intend to grind it, then I don't know what makes you think you'll get if for Iceborne, so in a way it's all a moot point and I just wasted my time writing that ^^.  Goddamnit Tomato!

Plat looks good though, hyped af.

1 hour ago, Auto-Tomato said:

The trophy lists are separate and won't affect each others completion rate.   There shouldn't be auto-popping, stat tracking will start from scratch on booting up Iceborne, so you'll still need to hunt 50 more elders to pop the Iceborne trophy etc...

I don't mind farming the crowns myself but it is a bit churlish to suggest they shouldn't be an issue  for some, to be fair it is a pain and even with sizing guides you're still loading in and out of hunts to get them.  I enjoyed doing it but appreciate others don't.

I think I understand the point about crowns between the trophy lists.   Will Iceborne require you to get crowns for the base game monsters?  Possibly, yes.  There'll be Master rank versions of all, or most of, the base game monsters, so they'll come along with Iceborne, and it's possible Iceborne will require those monster crowns.  If I have no crowns for Pukei, will the Iceborne trophy pop without them, even though a Master rank version (of Pukei) came with it?  I think what is being said is get the base game crowns and trophy so as to save 'some' farming in Iceborne.   I can't say for sure it will work like that in Iceborne, requiring base game crowns, but it is entirely possible, especially considering you should be able to get crowns from Master rank base game monsters that should contribute to the base game trophy.

That said, if you haven't got the trophy for the base game crowns and don't intend to grind it, then I don't know what makes you think you'll get if for Iceborne, so in a way it's all a moot point and I just wasted my time writing that ^^.  Goddamnit Tomato!

Even if the stat tracking wouldn't start from scratch, we simple need to hunt 50 more elders because the trophy description literally says: "Slay 50 elder dragons in master rank quests" as basically every other trophy description.

It's like people don't even read the description of the trophies till the end. If they would, there would be no discussion regarding auto-popping.

Edited by BloodyRutz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Auto-Tomato said:

There is a problem with that, first, that logic means that you actually need to unlock the base game crown trophies to unlock the dlc’s one which is dumb.

Second, its obvious that a new hunting log will be made for Iceborn, its as easy as that, new rank, new log, new research tab. 

Those are the reasons why I think it would be a waste of time to start hunting for all the base game crowns, and thirdly, mathematically speaking, its easier to spend the time being in other games or things to do and just wait until its confirmed, unless of course you want to be the very first person to platinum the game and don’t want to take a single risk.

This is how crown rewards works on a previous game, concretly MHGU. When MHGU(for Nintendo Switch) comes out, i already played MHG(for Nintendo 3ds), I 100% completed awards on guild card, switch version give you the option to transfer data and carry all your progress from 3ds version. Doing this does not mean that I haved to farm all the crowns that I already own, just haved to farm crowns from new monsters.

So now there was 4 golden crown awards on guild card, 2 from MHG and 2 from MHGU. To acchive those from MHG(base game/low rank and high rank) you just need crowns from base game monsters, otherwise, to acchieve those from MHGU(game expansion/G rank) you need crowns from every olds and new monsters on the game.

I think its gonna be the same with MHW and MHW: Iceborne. So yeah, the more crowns from MHW you own, more close to acchieve crowns rewards fron MHW: Iceborne you are. On MH games, crowns are not attached to quest rank in any way, you can farm it from low,high or master/G rank, but there are specific quests(events/advanced/special) where is more easy to farm, cause they have higest crown monsters appears ratio.

Edited by Ruisu89_
  • Like 2

What! Again these crowns, MHW got me burnt out and gave me horrible nightmares about slaying crown monsters every night only to find out it was a dream... Haven't touched that game since platinum and did all the grinding before the generous crown events.

Lord have mercy

• Like 2

On 01/08/2019 at 11:03 AM, BloodyRutz said:

Even if the stat tracking wouldn't start from scratch, we simple need to hunt 50 more elders because the trophy description literally says: "Slay 50 elder dragons in master rank quests" as basically every other trophy description.

It's like people don't even read the description of the trophies till the end. If they would, there would be no discussion regarding auto-popping.

Yeah fair enough, I only skimmed the trophy list but we're saying the same thing anyway, there'll be no auto-popping,  but yeah, you're right, says it right there in the description.

On 01/08/2019 at 11:24 AM, BlackTorito said:

There is a problem with that, first, that logic means that you actually need to unlock the base game crown trophies to unlock the dlc’s one which is dumb.

Second, its obvious that a new hunting log will be made for Iceborn, its as easy as that, new rank, new log, new research tab. 

Those are the reasons why I think it would be a waste of time to start hunting for all the base game crowns, and thirdly, mathematically speaking, its easier to spend the time being in other games or things to do and just wait until its confirmed, unless of course you want to be the very first person to platinum the game and don’t want to take a single risk.

I have the Plat for World, I was only trying to clarify the situation with crowns between the lists.   I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say unlocking base game to unlock Iceborne crowns...?  And respectfully I've no idea what you're talking about in that last sentence either, mathematically speaking?  First person to Plat the game and not taking risks?  Eh?!

We'll find out on launch, that's obviously true, but I'll reiterate this again, if you haven't got the crowns for the base game then I don't see why anyone would be concerned about getting them in Iceborne.   You either have the crowns in World, and the trophy, or are working towards it, or not.   The only two monsters that lie outside the trophy in the base game that might be applicable in Iceborne are Luna and Jho (I think), but as I said the whole thing is a bit of a moot point, you're either going for crowns or not...regardless whether they carry over or not.

Edited by Auto-Tomato

2 hours ago, Auto-Tomato said:

Yeah fair enough, I only skimmed the trophy list but we're saying the same thing anyway, there'll be no auto-popping,  but yeah, you're right, says it right there in the description.

I have the Plat for World, I was only trying to clarify the situation with crowns between the lists.   I'm not sure what you're talking about when you say unlocking base game to unlock Iceborne crowns...?  And respectfully I've no idea what you're talking about in that last sentence either, mathematically speaking?  First person to Plat the game and not taking risks?  Eh?!

We'll find out on launch, that's obviously true, but I'll reiterate this again, if you haven't got the crowns for the base game then I don't see why anyone would be concerned about getting them in Iceborne.   You either have the crowns in World, and the trophy, or are working towards it, or not.   The only two monsters that lie outside the trophy in the base game that might be applicable in Iceborne are Luna and Jho (I think), but as I said the whole thing is a bit of a moot point, you're either going for crowns or not...regardless whether they carry over or not.

I don’t know if you are trolling or what, we are discussing here if either we’ll need the base game crowns in addition to the Iceborn ones to unlock the dlc trophy, I don’t understand how are you making statements yet you seem to not understand what I’m talking about, WTF?! Maybe you should spend more time organizing your thoughts.

And yes, it is entirely possible that someone wants to unlock the Iceborn platinum farming crowns yet not doing so in the base game, and in any case, what does that even have to do with what we are discussing here?

It is even stated in the dlc list that the crown trophies are unlocked in master rank, but I guess people like to make random assumptions and look cooler.

6 minutes ago, BlackTorito said:

I don’t know if you are trolling or what, we are discussing here if either we’ll need the base game crowns in addition to the Iceborn ones to unlock the dlc trophy, I don’t understand how are you making statements yet you seem to not understand what I’m talking about, WTF?! Maybe you should spend more time organizing your thoughts.

And yes, it is entirely possible that someone wants to unlock the Iceborn platinum farming crowns yet not doing so in the base game, and in any case, what does that even have to do with what we are discussing here?

It is even stated in the dlc list that the crown trophies are unlocked in master rank, but I guess people like to make random assumptions and look cooler.

I was trying to be respectful but now you're just being rude.  You're are talking absolute gibberish.   Mathematically speaking, getting a plat first, taking risks, random assumptions, looking cool?  What the actual are you rattling on about?!   I've never heard gibberish like it, what in hell has any of that nonsense to do with crowns?!   

Possible yeah, but unlikely or at least a minority of people, that will want crowns in Iceborne but not in World...hence the whole thing is a bit moot.  Who said anything about 'needing' to unlock base game crowns to be able to unlock Iceborne ones?  What?!   You should be able to unlock crowns for base game monsters in either World or Iceborne, hence having already got them in World could save you having to get some in Iceborne, it's not difficult to understand that point.   Read:

On 01/08/2019 at 0:09 PM, Ruisu89_ said:

This is how crown rewards works on a previous game, concretly MHGU. When MHGU(for Nintendo Switch) comes out, i already played MHG(for Nintendo 3ds), I 100% completed awards on guild card, switch version give you the option to transfer data and carry all your progress from 3ds version. Doing this does not mean that I haved to farm all the crowns that I already own, just haved to farm crowns from new monsters.

So now there was 4 golden crown awards on guild card, 2 from MHG and 2 from MHGU. To acchive those from MHG(base game/low rank and high rank) you just need crowns from base game monsters, otherwise, to acchieve those from MHGU(game expansion/G rank) you need crowns from every olds and new monsters on the game.

I think its gonna be the same with MHW and MHW: Iceborne. So yeah, the more crowns from MHW you own, more close to acchieve crowns rewards fron MHW: Iceborne you are. On MH games, crowns are not attached to quest rank in any way, you can farm it from low,high or master/G rank, but there are specific quests(events/advanced/special) where is more easy to farm, cause they have higest crown monsters appears ratio.

Effectively what I said, and to be clear what I said was 'it's possible' it'll work this way.   Could it work differently, yes, of course, I only said it was possible!  Maybe you should take your own advice.

Honestly...

18 minutes ago, Auto-Tomato said:

Possible yeah, but unlikely or at least a minority of people, that will want crowns in Iceborne... hence the whole thing is a bit moot. 

Of course it's a Minority, but they are the loudest, like always. We all have a Life and there are many great Games which will come out September-March, very great Games. MHW and Iceborne are great Games too, but I'll never accept RNG as my Master. May the RNG be with you and me. I'll buy and try from Day 1 that's for sure, but my Platinum for Iceborne will come next year, or 2021.

Edited by Sikutai

5 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Of course it's a Minority, but they are the loudest, like always. We all have a Life and there are many great Games which will come out September-March, very great Games. MHW and Iceborne are great Games too, but I'll never accept RNG as my Master. May the RNG be with you and me. I'll buy and try from Day 1 that's for sure, but my Platinum for Iceborne will come next year, or 2021.

I've already said I appreciate some don't like the crown farming, I do sympathise with how time consuming it can be.   All I was saying is that it's highly unlikely someone going for the Iceborne crowns hasn't already gone, or gotten, the World crowns, not impossible, but unlikely, therefore whether crowns carry over to some degree might be a moot point anyway, as you'll either already have them or not be interested in grinding them.

Took me months to get the World Plat, no doubt be the same with Iceborne.    Rng is a pain, Katie drops are worse than the crowns imo  Anyway, good luck to you too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

This is actually only the case for the endemic life crowns, the monster crowns still say “obtain a miniature/gold crown for almost every monster in your hunting log”. This mirrors the list for the base game. 

I also find your suggestion that there will be a new hunting log in master rank somewhat questionable. As has been explained in this very thread, it has always been the case that crowns carry over from mainline games to the expansions. There is also not a different hunting log for low rank and high rank in the base game, reaching high rank only unlocked additional research levels. The trophy list also does not specify a “master rank hunting log” even though it does specify that trophies need to be earned during master rank quests. Therefore, the introduction of a new hunting log would break traditions set both throughout series history as well as in the game itself. Not impossible, but certainly requiring more speculation.

7 hours ago, BloodyRutz said:

I don't want to be rude, but I really don't care about what you're playing or not. Or what is your opinion on crowns. I just stated that many people including me like hunting them, which is a fact. That's all. I mean I wasn't even replying to you.

It's not like getting the trophies is mandatory to actually enjoy the game, you know. Also this life/job argument gets pretty annoying. If you don't have time to hunt trophies, don't do it.

Oh so now because you said so I have to listen to what you think? Truth is I replied to you because you sound annoying trying to tell others what to or what not to do. Then you get butthurt about it and do the same stuff again. 

13 hours ago, SINISTER-SINS_ said:

Oh so now because you said so I have to listen to what you think? Truth is I replied to you because you sound annoying trying to tell others what to or what not to do. Then you get butthurt about it and do the same stuff again. 

Ok, I'm annoying for you. If that's the case I'm sure you understand that for somebody else can be annoying constant whining about not being able to get some trophies instead of actually discussing them or the game and that somebody can have the same urge to reply.

Also maybe it's because of English not being my native language, but I'm not sure from where you're getting I got "butthurt". By stating that I don't care what you're playing or not?

Edited by BloodyRutz