So um... MTX are going to be added starting from Grand Prix 2

I kinda don’t care about this. I understand that is a modern way to support a game for free content, but it’s worthless.

I play this game daily, in order to get the most coins I can - I can say I stopped my goal in trophy hunting because of this. It’s possible to unlock everything from the Pit Stop with some grinding like I do...

Although, imho I rather see a paid DLC (like F1 Race Stars and Modnation Racers) then this... this would give them more time to CREATE something. Instead it’s given a list of unnecessary stuff to play, things I’ll never use (like Flag stickers). But let’s break it down:

- New characters: Baby Crash and Coco are another waste of space (2 to be precise). We already have Crash and Coco, why not use this as a Skin to the regular one? How about just adding a pacifier and a tipper to the regular characters.

- New Skins: this is the most unbalanced thing about this game. Crash, Coco, Cortex, Tiny and Dingodile have 5/6 extra skins. On the other side, Papu Papu and Krunk have NONE! If you win 20 races with that character you get a new “color change” (or paint job) to the regular character. They didn’t put any effort to change or adding anything to those characters. Krunk uses the same type of feathers in all 3 skins, Papu Papu could get a different tattoo, one of his minions hat or even his stick held on his back. So why should I care playing so much with them if they give me ugly color combination?

- Decals: Nothing has been added to the Karts since the game release. Some of the decals are the SAME to different Karts (and you have to buy each of them). I like the classic Kart, but I can’t use my favorite paint job because all Decals are meh.

- Stickers: a list full of meaningless Numbers and Flags. Some of them are too small in certain Karts, some of them are irrelevant and “invisible” while playing. I can’t even see what sticker my opponent is using at the starting line -_-

So this is my thoughts about how “I don’t care about this MTX stuff for this game, it’s worthless”. 

What worries me most is they reduced the number of coins earned per race. At the beginning, Tiny Arena was worth 80 coins for the 1st place. Now, it awards you with 73. This happened to all tracks, this is the most valuable one. Will they reduce the number of coins later to “oblige” people to pay for coins?

Something tells me this game will die soon after this new patch...

16 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

What worries me most is they reduced the number of coins earned per race. At the beginning, Tiny Arena was worth 80 coins for the 1st place. Now, it awards you with 73. This happened to all tracks, this is the most valuable one. Will they reduce the number of coins later to “oblige” people to pay for coins?

Something tells me this game will die soon after this new patch...

That's how this kind of thing generally works- increase the grind in order to incentivise more "rEcUrReNt UsEr SpEnDiNg".

Like, I agree with you that it's one of the more worthless mtx since the grind isn't that bad and I get that games with an online component and free updates are just bound to have mtx- but it is shitty that they waited to put them in so as to not have it come up in or affect reviews and early impressions, and I lament one of my favourite series falling victim to the crappy "Games as a Service" model. At least one doesn't have to do the online at all to earn the trophies, I suppose...

• Like 1

I have more than 50k coins saved, so I'm not that worried as long as we can still buy all the new content with wumpa coins.

It would really suck if they made some content only unlockable through real money, like they do in CoD with CoD points, but I don't think they'll get to that point, right? lol.

16 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

I have more than 50k coins saved, so I'm not that worried as long as we can still buy all the new content with wumpa coins.

It would really suck if they made some content only unlockable through real money, like they do in CoD with CoD points, but I don't think they'll get to that point, right? lol.

They already did at launch. You could pay for the Oxide Edition to unlock exclusive skins. I don’t like any of those, so I’m glad I didn’t pay so much for so little.

19 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

They already did at launch. You could pay for the Oxide Edition to unlock exclusive skins. I don’t like any of those, so I’m glad I didn’t pay so much for so little.

That's absolutely normal, it doesn't necessarily happen with games that have MTX.

Edited by Lance_87

Just now, Lance_87 said:

That's absolutely normal, it doesn't necessarily happen with games that have MTX. Hopefully it'll be discounted the next Holidays.

I didn’t say it has something to do with MTX. I was replying to @Erkawest about locking content behind a paywall. Those skins and decals aren’t available to purchase. Everything else is unlockable through the course of the game.

On 7/31/2019 at 5:38 PM, Dr_Shaneman said:

It's only if you want to bump your coin count though right? So... it's not that bad.

It will be if they nerf the amount of coins you get per race.  

And this is only the beginning.  I'm seriously worried they'll introduce items that can only be bought with real money -- never mind items that give you an in-game advantage. "+10% speed!  1-use item.  Buy now!  Only $4.99!!"

• Like 4

7 hours ago, redquarter872 said:

It will be if they nerf the amount of coins you get per race.  

And this is only the beginning.  I'm seriously worried they'll introduce items that can only be bought with real money -- never mind items that give you an in-game advantage. "+10% speed!  1-use item.  Buy now!  Only $4.99!!"

So far we haven't seen any of these items they keep mentioning. There was meant to be new power-ups.

On 7/31/2019 at 10:38 PM, Dr_Shaneman said:

It's only if you want to bump your coin count though right? So... it's not that bad.

Mtx in games that you already paid for upfront is always bad, and there is no degree of "bad" that should be in any way tolerable.

"But it's to help fund the Grand Prix challenge mode"

Yes, the LiVe SeRvIcE part of the game that absolutely nobody asked for.

• Like 4

Been playing it for a couple of days, and the pit stop is waaaaay too freemium to be ignored. It's a bum that they are going this way, but it's kind of naive to not expect it. At least I got a buyer for my copy, so maybe I'll reconsider getting it back when it's cheap.

1 hour ago, Stan Lee said:

Mtx in games that you already paid for upfront is always bad, and there is no degree of "bad" that should be in any way tolerable.

The online should have been just that, an online matchmaking. Just goes to show how they want to shape the industry on the following years.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

I don't see a drop in in-game coin rewards though. Which is what people feared.

20 minutes ago, Dr_Shaneman said:

I don't see a drop in in-game coin rewards though. Which is what people feared.

Great. Doesn't matter. Not my point. They've still monetized the reward system.

Edited by Stan Lee

On 2019. 08. 02. at 7:12 PM, Stan Lee said:

single player games die in a week anyway, nobody talks about them after the hype

Well looks like now I can sell my game, OH WAIT, I NEVER BOUGHT IT LOL