Does idling still work for companions and meditation?

VoidVictorious

There's only one trophy for sitting and meditating with another player for 20 seconds - there's no other idling trophy.

It's mostly a luck trophy because you can't choose your companion, you can only communicate by chirping, and they have to know what you're trying to do. Most people I met just started running circles around me when I tried it, until one time I encountered another player who was already sitting (maybe they paused their game to get a snack or something). I sat down for 20 seconds and bam, trophy.

• Like 2

Just now, ZitMeatloaf said:

There's only one trophy for sitting and meditating with another player for 20 seconds - there's no other idling trophy.

It's mostly a luck trophy because you can't choose your companion, you can only communicate by chirping, and they have to know what you're trying to do. Most people I met just started running circles around me when I tried it, until one time I encountered another player who was already sitting (maybe they paused their game to get a snack or something). I sat down for 20 seconds and bam, trophy.

Can’t you also get the unique player one this way?

• Like 1

If you use 2 ps3s you can meet up with two characters and get the Reflection Trophy (sitting down 20 sec) and then if you create new characters on one console and go through the intro every time until you reach mission 1 bridge you can get the Wonder Trophy (10 different characters met) but for Companion (playing through the majority of the game) it is easier to search for another person. I did ask a friend to come to my place, i started both my consoles and we played through the game which took us two hours...

1 minute ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

If you use 2 ps3s you can meet up with two characters and get the Reflection Trophy (sitting down 20 sec) and then if you create new characters on one console and go through the intro every time until you reach mission 1 bridge you can get the Wonder Trophy (10 different characters met) but for Companion (playing through the majority of the game) it is easier to search for another person. I did ask a friend to come to my place, i started both my consoles and we played through the game which took us two hours...

Is it easy to match up?

Just now, VoidVictorious said:

Is it easy to match up?

It's a bit luck depended i think. I couldn't meet with a friend who's living far away (i'm Germany, he's Australia) on PS4 but that is a rare case... we were one day finding different players but never found us... we tried 1st, 6th and 7th mission...

Just now, Evil_Joker88 said:

It's a bit luck depended i think. I couldn't meet with a friend who's living far away (i'm Germany, he's Australia) on PS4 but that is a rare case... we were one day finding different players but never found us... we tried 1st, 6th and 7th mission...

I have three ps3’s. Would that help things?

6 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

Can’t you also get the unique player one this way?

It never occurred to me to get the 10 unique player trophy this way, I just encountered people randomly through natural gameplay. It doesn't take very long...

I suppose you could turn on the game and sit your character down in a level before going to bed. Maybe 10 different people will encounter your character while you're sleeping, and if you're lucky one will sit down for 20 seconds.

58 minutes ago, ZitMeatloaf said:

It never occurred to me to get the 10 unique player trophy this way, I just encountered people randomly through natural gameplay. It doesn't take very long...

I suppose you could turn on the game and sit your character down in a level before going to bed. Maybe 10 different people will encounter your character while you're sleeping, and if you're lucky one will sit down for 20 seconds.

Has this worked for anyone else? This is essentially my idea.

I completed the game on ps4 a few months ago and it was easy, no need for several accounts or consoles. There are still a lot of people playing it (at least on ps4) I think most of the players know about the trophies. First player I met, I just sat down in front of him and he did the same immediately to help me.

As for the unique player trophy you don't need to play the whole game. If you already completed the game, you can reload and select the light tower level. If you meet someone there and finish the game with him it'll work. Got it on my second try this way (first failed because of a connection issue)

I also helped a friend to get it, we just reloaded the tower level over and over again until we met, but that was actually harder because most of the times it was someone else.

And the trophy for meeting 10 different players it counts as soon as you meet, so you can wait for someone to join you then quit the game and come back to find the next player.

As I said, the tower level is where most players meet to try the "unique" trophy so that's the best place to go if you want to meet people.

I guess waiting in the same level while going to bed would work too, but I never tried. It's worth a try.

And when I was wearing the white robe I met nobody at all, I don't know if it was bad luck or if the white robe makes you meet less people. I never met white players either. But just to be safe keep the red robe, it seems to work better.

Edited by Devil-Danna

1 hour ago, Devil-Danna said:

I completed the game on ps4 a few months ago and it was easy, no need for several accounts or consoles. There are still a lot of people playing it (at least on ps4) I think most of the players know about the trophies. First player I met, I just sat down in front of him and he did the same immediately to help me.

As for the unique player trophy you don't need to play the whole game. If you already completed the game, you can reload and select the light tower level. If you meet someone there and finish the game with him it'll work. Got it on my second try this way (first failed because of a connection issue)

I also helped a friend to get it, we just reloaded the tower level over and over again until we met, but that was actually harder because most of the times it was someone else.

And the trophy for meeting 10 different players it counts as soon as you meet, so you can wait for someone to join you then quit the game and come back to find the next player.

As I said, the tower level is where most players meet to try the "unique" trophy so that's the best place to go if you want to meet people.

I guess waiting in the same level while going to bed would work too, but I never tried. It's worth a try.

And when I was wearing the white robe I met nobody at all, I don't know if it was bad luck or if the white robe makes you meet less people. I never met white players either. But just to be safe keep the red robe, it seems to work better.

I am specifically aiming for tips for the ps3 version since it seems dead. I will keep this in mind though thanks! Just in case I do have trouble do you think the multiple accounts and systems is a good plan or idling?

2 hours ago, Devil-Danna said:

(snip)

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, while wearing the white robe you only can match with people who have not completed the game. 

30 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Pretty much, bottom line is the platinum obtainable with multiple accounts and consoles in the worst case?

yes it is

30 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Pretty much, bottom line is the platinum obtainable with multiple accounts and consoles in the worst case?

Yes it will work if you make multiple accounts but you probably won't need to. The game is still very active, I did all trophies for ps3 version a couple of months ago. I did "companion" and "crossing" with a friend and when I was doing other trophies I met 4 people and after that I just stayed in first level and left ps3 tured on  during the night and I got the trophy next day. You will need to boost "companion" and "crossing" because It’s easier than trying with randoms and you can also do “reflection” trophy with your boosting partner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, timpurnat said:

Yes it will work if you make multiple accounts but you probably won't need to. The game is still very active, I did all trophies for ps3 version a couple of months ago. I did "companion" and "crossing" with a friend and when I was doing other trophies I met 4 people and after that I just stayed in first level and left ps3 tured on  during the night and I got the trophy next day. You will need to boost "companion" and "crossing" because It’s easier than trying with randoms and you can also do “reflection” trophy with your boosting partner.

Is there a tried and true method for best place to match up or timing on starting the game?

My experience with Journey;

So far, I wasted several hours trying to meet new players to get the 10 travelers trophy.. I'm either very unlucky or like nobody is playing on PS4. :P 
By now I have 8 travelers.

With those 8 I met, I was able to get every other trophy.
In fact, I think by the 4th I met, I had everything completed. The players are very helpful and I also make sure to help the people I meet too. :)

I tried going to sleep with Journey on (desert level), but I had no luck.

Maybe it does work but apparently I didn't meet anyone that night.

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

Is there a tried and true method for best place to match up or timing on starting the game?

Met up at tunnels or temple chapter, finish the game and trophy should pop. For the unique travelers the location doesn't matter, the guide recommends descent chapter but I got the trophy in the first chapter, so it probably doesn't matter, just choose one and stay idle.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2019 at 2:36 PM, mako-heart said:

Just boost with real people.

>9 recent players on PSNP

Also, there is no Plat, this is a 100.

I didn’t know I was weird about these things...lol. Also I will use completion moving forward as to not offend the little ones JK! ?

Edited by DaivRules

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

So you and your partner turn off your connection at the same time and turn it on at the same time?

yes that is the basic concept. I mostly did it on mountain chapter to help people with companion trophy. sat on the first little rock hill just after the mini cutscene and waited for them until we connected.

Edited by clickclick-uhoh