Maximum Payne and The Shadows Rushed Me

Solid-Fisch

Hey guys, I need information about the requirements for Maximum Payne and The Shadows Rushed Me because I either didn't find them here nor in a german guide I was looking for. These are the last two trophies I need in the game. 

for Maximum Payne:

Do I have to finish the campaign with free aim or can I use aiming assist? I just finished story with free aim on hardcore and got the Payne In The Ass. Guide says this would be the toughest challenge in singleplayer, but I found it to be quite easy. So for Maximum Payne aim assist is okay? Difficulty should be set to hard, is that correct too? Last stand is deactivated?

for The Shadows Rushed Me:

Difficulty is set to normal, right? With aiming assist allowed, is that correct too? Time will be taken over to the next chapters I read. Same goes for pain killers and ammunition? Last stand is active, but should be avoided I read somewhere else.

Hope you can answer me these questions! Also any other useful tips are welcome. Thanks in advantage!

Edited by Solid-Fisch
  • Like 1

On 31/07/2019 at 10:05 PM, Solid-Fisch said:

The Shadows Rushed Me:

Difficulty is set to normal, right? With aiming assist allowed, is that correct too? Time will be taken over to the next chapters I read. Same goes for pain killers and ammunition?

DIfficulty is normal, there is no aim assist, you are forced to use free aim. It counts as a single playthrough, so everything will carry over between chapters.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

DIfficulty is normal, there is no aim assist, you are forced to use free aim. It counts as a single playthrough, so everything will carry over between chapters.

Last part is wrong information. Only time carry over between chapters in NYM, weapons + ammunition and painkillers are reset for each new chapter. 

@Solid-Fisch The guide you've been reading is definitely in the wrong if it says Payne in the Ass is the hardest challenge on the game. NYMHC/The Shadows Rushed Me is definitely the hardest challenge on the game, once you give a try or 2, you'll see why. Also there is a reason  it's the rarest trophy for Max Payne 3 aside the platinum.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Last part is wrong information. Only time carry over between chapters in NYM, weapons + ammunition and painkillers are reset for each new chapter. 

@Solid-Fisch The guide you've been reading is definitely in the wrong if it says Payne in the Ass is the hardest challenge on the game. NYMHC/The Shadows Rushed Me is definitely the hardest challenge on the game, once you give a try or 2, you'll see why. Also there is a reason  it's the rarest trophy for Max Payne 3 aside the platinum.

Yup, I also assumed The Shadows Rushed Me would be the toughest part, not Payne In The Ass. Funny thing is the guide where I read that was here on psnprofiles...

So thx for clearing up the information about The Shadows Rushed Me. What about Maximum Payne? Got information for that too?

Edited by Solid-Fisch

• 2 months later...

Being honest, Maximum Payne it is hard, but not that much if you take it easy. Extreme it is a joke compare to Old School. Now I am doing NYM, easy till level 12. From there, the main handicap it is the time pressure. Forces you more mistakes. This is what makes "easier" NYM Extreme, you earn the time that you got from previous chapters. And believe me, you can add almost 15 minutes. This is a lot to unpressure the game. Anyway, ALWAYS free aim.

EDIT: I did the 100% of this game. If run run till 12 and then take it easy, I had like 15 minutes saved. NYMH is tricky, but after 5-6 tries I did it. The difficulty is set up in normal. AVOID last stand always, specially on 12-13-14. There the enemies are hiding sometimes, it could be dark, foggy, or the train path. And u can be done. So use painkillers if you see are in low health.

Edited by stiviwonderstif