Tips for guerilla mode? (Single Player)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is old, but agreed, 35 waves solo I've had it with this fucking bullshit game mode. What truly sucks is there is no matchmaking whatsoever for guerilla mode or co-op campaign. Truthfully the developers must've been smoking crack when they made that decision. I have plenty of friends but none play this game, and I'm not in the mood to start a session at the moment, might wait a few days and cool off a bit. The fact that the AI can run through 2-3 claymores before they drop is bullshit. I've also noticed they can take 5-7 rounds of LMG fire before dying, even more bullshit. 35 waves completed, in total an easy 200 if you factor in retrys, I'm surprised my controller is still in one piece. The difficulty doesn't mean shit I couldn't tell the difference between recruit and elite. I would've been happier if I made it to 40 waves solo. Mind you 35 waves with using almost no perks, I made it far enough for the airstrike and a few waves higher than that. The even more fucked up thing is if you shut your game off and sign back on later, you start with your default weapon and zero perks.

EDIT: Just in case anyone is skeptical of my 35 wave claim here it is, tbh I'd give anyone credit who could do 15-20 waves solo. As far as tips OP and to whoever else reads this avoid the solo route like the plague.

ndu7b9.jpg

Edited by CaptSteve81
  • Like 1

Yeah, got also to about wave 39 solo, until there were about 5 shooting cars. After 40th that would be easier until 45, but I lost my data later on..(ps3 error) :/

Anyway there is a glitch in game, story by me. I couldnt get an achievement. So no plat and motivation to play that further.. Tried it three times with erasing the data, but with no luck, also that glitch is at the end :(

I have only saw one guy with the same issue...

However back to topic: you really need a buddy, at least one, for the last waves 45-50 ^^

I did it on the smaller map, the two bases with one house each ;)

Edited by Dennis-nine-five

@Dennis

I actually got to 38 and said enough is enough before I start breaking controllers. After wave 35 if you're hunkering down in a good spot they start spamming incendiary grenades which is instant death. My only advice to you is if what you tried didn't work, would be a good idea to do a true format of your HDD via PC. The PS3 drive format is garbage and chances are you have a corrupted or bad sector in your drive. Far Cry 2 has save file story glitch, while for some it corrects itself, other have had to do a true format of the HDD. Seems to be a thing with Ubi games. Even the MP trophies are buggy, Backup which is described as getting 5 savior kills is giving me a hard time, I have a good 15-20 savior kills still no ding, I've read that for some only revives work, and I only have 2 or 3 so we'll see what happens when I hit 5.

EDIT: Well after 25 or so savior kills the "Backup" trophy popped, except in this match I had 5 in a row, a few of the trophy descriptions are either wrong or vague.

Edited by CaptSteve81

• 2 years later...

I HATE Guerrilla Mode. Abso-freakin'-lutely hate it. I'm having to do it solo because, well, it's 2018 and nobody's playing this game, which, in my opinion, wasn't that great a game to start with.

You're holding down X, trying to run and what does your character do instead of running? Bloody hides behind the first available anything (and always on the wrong side). Freakin' claymores only seem to want to explode about half the time and only kill a quarter of anything that sets them off. Sensors don't always show everyone (I've been killed too many times by enemies who got behind me and for whatever reason, the sensors didn't show them, even though everyone else on the planet was highlighted).

I'm on wave 18. I just shot one of the RPG guys with a LMG, dead center, something like five or six times. Apparently, the enemy hired Superman, because this guy not only didn't die, but shoved a rocket propelled grenade straight up my ass and I swear, he was laughing at me.

I very rarely give up on games, but this mode is beyond frustrating, poorly designed and has Superman on the enemy's team. How am I supposed to beat this craptasticness?

*UPDATE*

I'm now on wave 34. They have incendiary grenades now too. One was thrown at me, exploded (but missed me), one of their guys runs through it (doesn't die), I tag him with several rounds from the LMG (still doesn't die), he shoots me ONCE... I die.

This is what I get for playing a mediocre game's filler content.

Good luck to anyone who decides to play Guerilla Mode.  Seriously mean it.  ??

Edited by Dragn_Dolphin