No Plutonia or TNT?

Jigsy1

That's a separate game called "Final Doom". It has those two episodes (The Plutonia Experiment + TNT: Evilution).

Doom II is still missing the "No Rest for the Living" episode, though.

All in all, PS3's "Doom Classic Complete" is the better purchase if you're interested more in the games than trophies.

ceno

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, cenorexia said:

That's a separate game called "Final Doom". It has those two episodes (The Plutonia Experiment + TNT: Evilution).

All in all, PS3's "Doom Classic Complete" is the better purchase if you're interested more in the games than trophies.

ceno

Yeah too bad it's delisted in Europe (soon in the US) to "avoid confusion". Sure, they'll avoid confusion, but we'll be forced to avoid games not available on PS4, too. xD

2 hours ago, cenorexia said:

ceno

I do have the PS3 version which I completed, but I saw these two with more trophies.

That said, I've heard bethesda have started pulling them from online stores...

Yeah, Bethesda already removed Doom Classic Complete and Doom 3: BFG Edition from european stores. US will surely follow soon.

Which is super annoying as the BFG Edition included The Ultimate Doom, Doom II (incl. No Rest for The Living which is missing from the new release), Doom 3 (incl. Resurrection of Evil + The Lost Mission) as well as online multiplayer for all three games. For something like $14,99.

So the new ones offer less content, less features and cost more. Oh, and you have to be always online to even play them. Way to go, Bethesda.

ceno

• Like 3

15 hours ago, cenorexia said:

Yeah, Bethesda already removed Doom Classic Complete and Doom 3: BFG Edition from european stores. US will surely follow soon.

The latter has just happened. I had seen it on the US PSN store a few days ago... now it's gone. How lame is that? Delisting the PS3 versions was not necessary at all.

Always online DRM needs to buzz right off, also. Using it is bad enough on PC & even worse on console.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Jigsy1 said:

Final Doom (at least the PS1 copy) is only some of Plutonia and some of TNT iirc.

I really hope that isn't the case with this...

Why would they do that? Literally all modern ports of the classic Doom games are based on the PC versions.

You're getting 64 Final Doom levels across two games, and 9 Sigil levels.

46 minutes ago, Jigsy1 said:

This is Bestheda we're talking about...

Bethesda probably doesn't even know there was a PS1 port lol... the original games collection was the s**t on that console anyway, it deserves more love.

At least they're bringing a proper modern release of the long-forgotten Doom 64 next year...

Edited by Lance_87

• 4 weeks later...

So in order to play them, you need to create an account with Bethesda.net, then download them as "Addons" with the new 1.04 patch...

You can only enable one addon, and the trophies get disabled.

What the fuck is wrong with Bestheda?

How hard would it have been to just patch them directly into the base game?

Edited by Jigsy1

Well now not only did they patch in TNT & Plutonia, but also No Rest For The Living and Sigil! Which is awesome since Sigil was just made last year. I've been playing them all since I don't have access to DOOM Classic Complete on the PS3 anymore.

I just wish they would have added DLC trophies with the patch, but that's just a very minor complaint from me, since I love going for trophies for games I love. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2020 at 2:09 PM, Jigsy1 said:

So in order to play them, you need to create an account with Bethesda.net, then download them as "Addons" with the new 1.04 patch...

You can only enable one addon, and the trophies get disabled.

What the fuck is wrong with Bestheda?

How hard would it have been to just patch them directly into the base game?

The account creation thing is a bit much and unnecessary, yes, and patching the add-on levels into the game rather than downloading them from the in-game menu might be preferable... but I don't think you understand how the DOOM engine and WAD files work. When you load WAD files you're replacing the base game content, so enabling the add-on is actually the proper was to handle this. If you find the trophies in the base game too difficult to get I don't think earning them in the add-ons is going to be any easier. Final DOOM and Sigil are much more difficult than the original releases.