PS Plus games - Is there evidence of a new trend?

ZitMeatloaf

42 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I've stopped caring about all the whiners and bitching surrounding PlayStation Plus.

More people have to accept first of all that Plus is required to play online. That was a deliberate paywall by Sony to get more subscribers and more people to pay for online. It is August 2019 and there are more people playing online than ever before. Sony is making a killing with PlayStation Plus. They did NOT have that luxury back in the PlayStation 3 era.

As for the choice of games, you're going to have disgruntled people no matter what fucking game you slap on the list.

If there's indies:

"Why do we have these shitty indie games that few people bother to play? Why can't we get more AAA games that mean a damn and more people will try out?"

If there's AAA games:

"Why do we only have AAA games? Sony has really been lacking in the variety of genres in the PS4 lineup. We want more indie titles to be given a chance and more niche titles that might be pleasantly good."

Those are the two outcomes I generally see when a new monthly Plus lineup is revealed. Even if you offer TWO AAA games and TWO indie games in one month, you're still going to have complaints.

My only real suggestion is for Sony to offer a number of PS VR games. I feel the VR is underrepresented in general. There's hundreds upon hundreds of VR games that Sony can easily throw onto the line up and I think we would be all the happier if they did that. Rather than just two PS4 games as Sony now does since the demise of the PS3/Vita lineup.

Regardless.... since January of this year we have gotten Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, Detroit: Become Human, Sonic Mania and at least one - two other AAA games and a number of indie titles. If that isn't enough for you, then I'm sorry.

People just want shit handed to them and when a game they've wanted to show up doesn't show or the lineup is less than ideal, they have to bitch, moan, complain, piss and whine about it. I see people on these forums with over 1000 games on their profiles and they still can't be satisfied with what they've got. It makes me sick.

Exactly what this guy said!! The last 3 months alone have had several really good games, I mean we had the Borderlands Collection for christ sake!!

People also have to remember that just because a game isn't to your own personal taste doesn't instantly make it awful. Not a fan of Wipeout myself but I appreciate that they have again put together another excellent pairing of games for August. Not seeing much love for Sniper Elite but I think the series is great.