Genshin Impact

DEI2EK

It looks great! I want it. And yes, it DOES heavily incorporate Zelda vibes. Not all Zelda fans are toxic. It has the same art style, and looks to be taken straight from the game itself. Ocean Horn is basically wind waker. I don't think anyone honestly cares. It's a fun game

Edited by sealightbreeze
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

Glad the search engine is working well...

Official website: https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en

You can try your luck and register for upcoming Final Closed Beta. This closed beta test supports mobile platforms (Android and iOS), PC (Windows) and the PlayStation® 4 platform.

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/3334

10 supported languages (text): Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, Korean, Japanese, Spanish, French, Russian, Vietnamese and Thai.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Looks very similar to Breath of the Wild but could be very different mechanically. It'll be very interesting to see how this game reviews. If Botw never existed and this game was exactly like it, I wonder if it would get as many 10's as Botw did.  I doubt it.

• 2 weeks later...

If this game proves to be a Zelda-esque game and "truthful" to its obvious "inspiration" source, I'll be glad to play. However, the statements and rumours about being F2P and allowing microtransactions, as Chinise franchises are doing as their core buissness model for any game, I hold my questions about this, but really want to give it a try. The avoidance and reluctance of Nintendo to not implement rewards or any other mechanisms of gamer points, is one cause I dropped the company long ago. 

I'm happy to see many other games from the company are arriving with the same mechanics that made me so joyful in my childhood. Having Bug FablesTemTem and this one available for PS seems the right for me. However, let's see if they don't delay it by the new gen jump around the corner. 

3 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Where is the source for that rumor that sounds like it's baseless I'm actually curious who said something so rediculous. 

Learnt about it while watching a DidYouKnowGaming's video. But this article seems to be pointing out about it. Also, Google it because seems that the rumour is spreading like wildfire.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ObliviousSenpai said:

Apparently the CBT for PS4 had a lot of issues, but it looks like they're still on track for a PS4 release this year. Mobile launch will be before October, so I might check it out there first, but I'm just worried about what it'll do to my phone.

LOve the art style .. Hope its not a MMO?

21 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

Its a Free to Play Action RPG with Gacha elements (think Granblue Fantasy, Fate Grand Order but fully 3D)

You can play solo or with friends online

Releases on IOS, Android and PC this October (Fall PS4, Switch at a later date TBA)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Only just heard about this game from the State of Play. It looks really cool. I like the character designs.

I hope the gacha system isn’t too awful, I know Chinese gacha can be extremely unfair

3 hours ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

It has online co-op, but it is also very much a single player experience.

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I hope the gacha system isn’t too awful, I know Chinese gacha can be extremely unfair

The gacha system is apparently very F2P friendly, but there are concerns that it could be too friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

It looks nice. First time I heard about this game. It's being developed by the miHoYo guys who made both the Honkai Impact and Guns GirlZ games on mobile, two titles that have very positive opinions despite being mobile gacha games. The art style and gameplay really do seem to be inspired a lot by Zelda: BotW, but come on, it's not like Nintendo has a patent on that type of game. Plenty of similarly-inspired games have come out in the past, some betters than others, and no one has really cared too much about it. It really is the same thing with the Souls-like games. For once, I think it's good that the game is doing its own thing while at the same time staying familiar with a type of gameplay everyone seems to enjoy. There's nothing bad in that.

I hope it's not too MMO-like, since I'm not much into those games myself. Other than that, it looks awesome. Cute waifus doing adventuring, I'm in! It's marked on my radar now, and I'll be looking forward to its console release later on. :D

I'll definitely be trying this out. Been looking into it for a couple days now. Controls are pretty simple. Combat relies heavily on switching characters and doing crazy elemental combos between whatever characters you have in your party. Gorgeous graphics and a big world, I like it.

I actually don't mind the microtransaction system in this game cause it's mainly a solo experience so you can do it at your own pace. Looks like you can earn the premium currency in game as well, so it's really just a matter of patience to get what you want. I've heard though that you can do all the content without ever buying something. I'm pretty sure the extra stuff will "help" you finish it faster, but honestly it doesn't look that bad. I guess all that could change in the future though. 

Personally I'd rather have this game be pay-to-play and no gimmick systems, but with what they've set up it shouldn't be too bad.