Genshin Impact

DEI2EK

Looks visually gorgeous. Huge fan of open world games. Don't really mind the RNG rolling elements in this one because it's mostly single player. Just play and over time get your characters you want and weapons, isn't too bad at all. Probably will support the devs, especially if they start releasing skins for characters I like. Wasn't expecting to see this come out this quickly though after researching it a few days ago.

Anyone got any characters picked out yet that they like?

Edited by Sword

19 hours ago, KIERONOO said:

This recently came up on my radar and looks really good with the gacha seemingly optional. I do wish this was an MMO but oh well. I wonder if they plan to add raid like content for multiple people

Gacha is the main concern with a lot of people. Lot of information going around about it. The drop rates for characters are abysmal but I guess it makes sense with only 25 or so characters in the game so far. The game does give you a full party of 4 though for free (your MC + 3 static characters: AmberKaeya, and Lisa) through story progression but every other character has to be rolled for. It's like 5.6% drop rate for a 4* character and a 0.6% rate for a 5* character. You can definitely play the game without it but obviously 5* weapons and characters would make the game easier/fun with a more varied roster.

I hope they add more co-op content too and make it slightly more rewarding as well. Raids would be awesome, but that would mean increasing it from more than 4 players. Right now it's optional co-op of only up to 4 people. :c There are world bosses and dungeons you can do in co-op though.

Edited by Sword

It remains to be seen how these gacha mechanics are going to play out in the game. Truth be told, I don't have much experience with gacha games myself. I only have a couple that I've tried on my phone and they have been okay, but they are not games that I play on a constant basis or for long periods of time. My main concern with the gacha here is how exactly is going to work once the game comes out considering it's, for the most part, an adventure game. Then again, those miHoYo guys seem to know what they're doing, judging by the reputation of their past titles, so I guess they will do alright here.

As for characters so far that I like:

latest?cb=201907042204541000?cb=202003312025231000?cb=20200331191545

latest?cb=20200327064550latest?cb=20200401053702

From left to right and top to bottom, those are Amber, Fischl, Xiangling, Razor, and Klee. Also, Keqing looks like exactly what I'm looking for, but I need to see more of her before I can have a more informed opinion of her. :P  Good thing Amber is right available from the start. I mean, just look at her. YES! :awesome:

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

Also, Keqing looks like exactly what I'm looking for, but I need to see more of her before I can have a more informed opinion of her. :P

Keqing is on my top tier list to roll for once the game releases. Unfortunately looks like a lot of others agree (and who can blame them), which does not bode well for any co-op play I had in mind with anyone who'd want to play together with me! At least, with the system they have setup in place right now which only allows 1 character of the same type per person in co-op with host preference. So that means if I was to play with you and you were host and choose Keqing... well... friendships will be broken. (just kidding)

But that is OK because one other character beats Keqing for me... and that is Ningguang! I am an absolute fan of anything "light, holy looking, angelic". The way she walks, acts, her animations and her color scheme just really does it for me. If there is one character that I would say "I want to main this character walking around the world", Ningguang is that character for me. I don't care if she ends up being weak, I'll represent fully and figure out how to max her potential. :P Best part is she is a 4 star character, so she'll be far easier for me to earn than Keqing. 

Spoiler

dKdBFd2.gif 

format,jpg

Other characters I like are:

Xiao

Diluc

Noelle

Chongyun

I originally really liked Razor and Fischl, but they are Electro users. So if it's between Razor (electro), Fischl (electro) and Keqing (electro) well... :hmm: I think one has the edge over the others for sure in my party. I just don't want two users of the same element. I like my variety even among the elements. Sorry Razor and Fischl, maybe later!

50 minutes ago, Honor_Hand said:

It remains to be seen how these gacha mechanics are going to play out in the game. Truth be told, I don't have much experience with gacha games myself. I only have a couple that I've tried on my phone and they have been okay, but they are not games that I play on a constant basis or for long periods of time. My main concern with the gacha here is how exactly is going to work once the game comes out considering it's, for the most part, an adventure game. Then again, those miHoYo guys seem to know what they're doing, judging by the reputation of their past titles, so I guess they will do alright here.

While it isn't any indication of how the full game will play out, you can read about how the Wish system worked in the beta tests Genshin Impact | Wishes to kinda get a feel for how it might play out in the full version. 

Also something new they added was an achievement system (in the game) where you can earn the premium currency from. I linked the video + time stamp where the guy talks about it (having first hand experience with the system) below. He mentions that the premium currency was easy enough to earn before the achievements system and now that there are achievements it adds another layer to earn premium currency. Though, at the rate characters drop... I bet players will burn through it faster than they can acquire it.

I've never truly played a "gacha" game before, mostly because they are competitive multiplayer mobile game cash grabs. Like Arknights or something where you can see your characters but not really... interact with the world much? Genshin is so appealing because we can actually take our characters and do a lot more with them. 

Also be prepared... skins are definitely incoming. :P

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sword said:

Keqing is on my top tier list to roll for once the game releases. Unfortunately looks like a lot of others agree (and who can blame them), which does not bode well for any co-op play I had in mind with anyone who'd want to play together with me! At least, with the system they have setup in place right now which only allows 1 character of the same type per person in co-op with host preference. So that means if I was to play with you and you were host and choose Keqing... well... friendships will be broken. (just kidding)

But that is OK because one other character beats Keqing for me... and that is Ningguang! I am an absolute fan of anything "light, holy looking, angelic". The way she walks, acts, her animations and her color scheme just really does it for me. If there is one character that I would say "I want to main this character walking around the world", Ningguang is that character for me. I don't care if she ends up being weak, I'll represent fully and figure out how to max her potential. :P Best part is she is a 4 star character, so she'll be far easier for me to earn than Keqing.

I can now see why everyone agrees on Keqing thanks to that video you shared there. <3 I can probably replace Razor for Keqing in my party. I really didn't take into consideration their elemental affinities and balances when coming up with those characters up above. I guess having a balanced team will be the wise thing to do to make tangible progress through the game. Although, I'm the kind of guy that would rather roll with his favorite waifus upfront even if it means making my life much harder in the game. We'll see. :P

It's pretty obvious why I liked Keqing so much, she has those traits I always look for in the chosen waifu. x3 The fact that she is a 5-star will most likely make my life harder as I try to roll for her. Hopefully, luck will be on my side when doing that. Gotta represent the neko clan in full as well. xD

4 hours ago, Sword said:

While it isn't any indication of how the full game will play out, you can read about how the Wish system worked in the beta tests Genshin Impact | Wishes to kinda get a feel for how it might play out in the full version. 

Also something new they added was an achievement system (in the game) where you can earn the premium currency from. I linked the video + time stamp where the guy talks about it (having first hand experience with the system) below. He mentions that the premium currency was easy enough to earn before the achievements system and now that there are achievements it adds another layer to earn premium currency. Though, at the rate characters drop... I bet players will burn through it faster than they can acquire it.

I've never truly played a "gacha" game before, mostly because they are competitive multiplayer mobile game cash grabs. Like Arknights or something where you can see your characters but not really... interact with the world much? Genshin is so appealing because we can actually take our characters and do a lot more with them. 

Also be prepared... skins are definitely incoming.

Sounds easy enough. Having that many sources of currency will certainly be welcome. From what I'm seeing, the Wishes (or the Fate used to obtain them, rather) can be obtained as a reward from progressing as an adventurer, which doesn't sound bad at all. Then again, it remains to be seen how will all work in the long run, and if that's going to bar the progression of the game in some way. I think the rate for characters drop is on the low side compared to some other gacha games I have read about. However, having different sources of premium currency is definitely a good call. 

Yeah, I know what you mean there. That competitive multiplayer part is what really kills it for me as well. I just really don't have the time (or interest...) to be so involved in a multiplayer game for so long. Arknights was pretty cool for me in the sense that it was mostly a single-player tower defense game. That's what really pulled me to it in the first place. I still play it from time to time. Not as frantically as the first two weeks when I first downloaded it, but every now and then, I do a few events, improve a few characters or buildings here and there, and I've been able to get a few characters (and skins :P) I was really interested too. The big downside of that game is that, yeah, your involvement with the world is pretty minimal (also the story was pretty boring...at least for me).

Now, skins... Those are probably the only ones that could make me end up throwing money at the game, lmao. ?

Edited by Honor_Hand
Fixed the quotes...
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2020 at 8:30 PM, MichMasteR said:

well, its official, coming out as a free to play on September 28th, I am actually hyped 

Oh this is interesting then. I will gladly pay this price for a game. 

So many waifus to choose from, so little time.... but remember, more than one waifu can ruin your laifu :D 

• Like 2

PS4 FAQ posted by miHoYo

https://genshin.mihoyo.com/en/news/detail/5314

Few quotes:

Will Genshin Impact be free-to-play on the PlayStation 4? When will the game be playable?

Genshin Impact is a free-to-play game. For further details regarding the game's pre-load and release schedule, please see below:

Pre-load start time (pre-orders only): 9/26/2020 12:00 (UTC+8)
Pre-order end time: 9/28/2020 12:00 (UTC+8)
Pre-load start time (free): 9/28/2020, 12:00 (UTC+8)
Official release time: 9/28/2020 10:00 (UTC+8)

How do I play co-op mode together with my friends?

In order to play co-op mode together with friends, both you and your friends must select the same game server, progress to Adventure Rank 16, and must complete the required quests to unlock co-op mode. Please refer to FAQ question 5 for more information regarding regions and servers.

Will the PS4 version of Genshin Impact support the trophy system?

Yes, the PS4 version of Genshin Impact will include trophies.

What are the exclusive PS4 version rewards and how do I collect them?

Once Travelers complete the tutorial quests on the PS4, they will receive the exclusive Sword of Descension and Wings of Descension via in-game mail.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

By pre-order, I assume they mean the $10 starter set currently on the PSN store.

Otherwise I'm not sure how I could pre-order a f2p game.

Yeah it's the $10 starter set. Would not recommend buying that cause the value of it is not worth it. Would be much better buying battle pass imo than that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sword said:

Yeah it's the $10 starter set. Would not recommend buying that cause the value of it is not worth it. Would be much better buying battle pass imo than that.

Full disclosure, I bought it a week ago because I wasn't aware Genshin was going to be f2p and I thought it was a cheap preorder.

Whoops!

Hmmm, I see the co-op feature is going to be locked right from the get-go until we reach Adventure Rank 16 and complete a particular quest. Hopefully, that won't take too long.

I guess they want us to familiarize ourselves with the game, setting, and mechanics first before playing with anyone else. :hmm:

• Like 1

Just a heads up, there's currently an event going on called "Get Ready for The Road". Except this event is only for PC and Mobile gamers, so if you go and do the event just be aware that those rewards are not redeemable on PS4 but if you planned to play on PC and/or Mobile then you may want to check it out. 

The event ends 10-10-2020.

Genshin Impact | Get Ready for the Road

Also be aware that while the PS4 version is cross-play compatible with PC/Mobile it is not cross-save compatible (meaning you can't take your PS4 progress then go whip out your phone or PC and keep playing on the same account). 

Edited by Sword
  • Like 2

On 14.9.2020 at 4:58 PM, Honor_Hand said:

Hmmm, I see the co-op feature is going to be locked right from the get-go until we reach Adventure Rank 16 and complete a particular quest. Hopefully, that won't take too long.

I guess they want us to familiarize ourselves with the game, setting, and mechanics first before playing with anyone else. :hmm:

I’d estimate that it took me 5-6 hours to hit Adventure Rank 15 during the beta on my first time playing it, so it shouldn’t be too bad. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DKShadow said:

I’d estimate that it took me 5-6 hours to hit Adventure Rank 15 during the beta on my first time playing it, so it shouldn’t be too bad. 

Awesome news there. It shouldn't be too bad before we can start playing co-op then. :)