OHH My Backlog!

Pieckenhagen4

Please help me to decide which game from my backlog I should go for the plat first... 

I'm having a really hard time to decide:

Sleeping Dogs - 17% complete

Teeraway Unfolded - 22% complete

Far Cry Primal - 15% complete

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 4% complete

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 4% complete

Metro 2033 Redux - 0%

God Of War - 0%

Far Cry New Dawn - 0%

9 minutes ago, Montyzu said:

I would go for GoW, easily the best game I evere played. Its a master piece.

2nd Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, I played it on PC and didnt cared about trophies so I dont know if its hard or not but the game is pretty good.

Metro 2033 is short and easy compare to the others.

Rise of the Tomb Raider  is a nightmare for trophies.

Everyone keeps saying God of War is one of the best games ever, but I never played any from this franchise.. so I'm not sure I will like it.

15 minutes ago, REAPER4536 said:

Have u seen my Backlog? It is Not better. But go for sleeping dogs

I feel your pain.. I have many more games that I think I might never get my hands on... 

I'd recommend Far Cry Primal. I've never played it, but most Far Cry games don't have difficult platinum trophies and I've heard that one is particularly short / easy. It would likely give you some momentum needed to tackle the rest of the backlog. 

I've done the Sleeping Dogs platinum before, and it can be a bit of a drag doing all of street races, open world events, favors, collectibles, etc... I definitely don't recommend doing that one first because it could turn you off from backlog slaying. That being said, the game is beautiful to explore and Hong Kong is a fantastic open world. I just recommend playing it alongside something else so you don't get too burnt out.

• Like 3

I would suggest going for Far Cry Primal.

Out of all the Far Cry games I've played, Primal is probably the easiest to Plat. Standard list to complete, bunch of weapon kills and a few collectibles but nothing obnoxious and may take a few extra hours. I really found the beast companion game mechanic to be rewarding and fun to use, unlike how I felt about the mechanic in Far Cry 5. And taming the bigger beasts were fun overall. This was certainly my most memorable Far Cry Plat and only have good memories of so that's my rec.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pieckenhagen4 said:

Everyone keeps saying God of War is one of the best games ever, but I never played any from this franchise.. so I'm not sure I will like it.

I feel your pain.. I have many more games that I think I might never get my hands on... 

Playing the older GoW makes you connect better with Kratos, the main character, but since this a completely new story it isnt required to have any knowledge of what happened before and the game itself barely mentions the older games anyways, you just have to know that Kratos is a very angry fella that literally killed everyone and is now hunted by the memories of it. Also the game is quite good on its own, the combat, the level design and the lore, and Sony will invest quite heavy in the upcoming game and a very possible third one.

Edited by Montyzu
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Pieckenhagen4 said:

Please help me to decide which game from my backlog I should go for the plat first... 

I'm having a really hard time to decide:

Sleeping Dogs - 17% complete

Teeraway Unfolded - 22% complete

Far Cry Primal - 15% complete

Rise of the Tomb Raider - 4% complete

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - 4% complete

Metro 2033 Redux - 0%

God Of War - 0%

Far Cry New Dawn - 0%

Personal opinion, of the games I've played, I'd say Sleeping Dogs, Far Cry Primal, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Metro 2033 Redux, and God of War would definitely all be straight forward and easy plats.  As for order in which to play them...

If you're going for speed: Metro 2033 Redux (takes about 15 hours to platinum, if you're familiar with the game or the series), Far Cry Primal, God of War, Sleeping Dogs, Rise of the Tomb Raider.

If you're going for fun (again, my personal opinion): Sleeping Dogs, Rise of the Tomb Raider, God of War, Metro 2033 Redux, Far Cry Primal

One note about Tomb Raider: If you're only going for plat (base game) then it won't take you long.  The DLC in total is at least as long as the base game (playing the survival mode twice, once with a partner, especially if you fail, can take 10 hours on its own).  The only part of the base game I could say is challenging are the Score Attacks, but they're really not, especially with the PS4 version that gives you so many cards and bonus' to make it easier.  Play one a couple times to get used to how they work, then use the setting for something like 2000 credits to use someone from the leaderboards card set.  With a 350-475% multiplier, you'll get gold scores with ease.

• Like 3

Sleeping Dogs and Primal would be at the top of that list. I had fun with both of them.

God of War is a masterpiece but if you haven't played the olders one you may not understand all of it. It does reference the previous games some. 

Metro 2033 is pretty easy to plat also and fun.

i'll be that guy and say i'm not really sure why you need others to tell you what to play..... =), but for the sake of answering the OP id play them in order of estimated "time to plat" so you can finish the easy ones first. metro and primal are probably the shortest of what you listed there, id start with one of those.

9 hours ago, Pieckenhagen4 said:

It's nothing like the originals. If you own a ps4, playing this game is a no brainer. Best of luck with your backlog, it seems we all have this issue :( too many good games to play is the problem!

I have the Primal plat - it's a pretty good game - not game changing but not terrible. Just fun to run around and kill stuff with spear!

My personal recomendations would be:

1.- God of War. An absolute masterpiece. Too much to do and you can invest hours getting some collectables or doing secondary quests.

2.- Sleeping Dogs. Is like GTA but more friendly and the better part is that you don't need to do something online. Everything is doable in single player mode.

But it all depends on your personal tastes.

I ended up re-downloading Sleeping Dogs.. I had some fun with this game, but it is stopped since 2017...

I have a physical copy of Far Cry Primal inserted on my PS4, but I find that game quite boring.. I know I will plat it sometime, but I don't feel this is the moment.

God of War and Far Cry New Dawn, i bought second-hand copies last week, I'll try them soon too..