Call of Duty Modern Warfare (2019) - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer

Each time I see more of this game it goes way beyond my expectation. I haven't been this excited for a Call of Duty game in ... Well, many years! Enjoy! :holy:

And here's more raw multiplayer gameplay for a couple weeks ago:

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

Wow that juggy with the minigun O_O

I also like how the guns recoil. Makes it feel more rewarding to use if that makes sense kind of like the Wolfenstein games. 

Not day 1 for me but I think it might get me interested back in COD ever since I stopped playing after MW 3

More of the same shit from the same shitty company. Likely to have overpriced DLC and other micro transactions from Yours Truly (Activision).

How hard is it for them to put the series on hold for one year to make something more original and fresh? Oh wait, they would miss out on an opportunity to make a shit load of money for a company that has sidelined Blizzard and picked up every money making scheme in the book.

4K graphics and the same generic multiplayer shootouts. Not interested.

Personally i'm really hyped for this! I really like how the game looks (more gritty and realistic feel to it).

As for the multiplayer:

- No mini maps. At least not when a match starts. You can earn a UAV (3 kills), but the mini map is only displayed for yourself. If you earn 4 kills you have a UAV where everybody on the map can see the location of enemies. A counter UAV is possible also (4 kills). A third option is to use the recon drone, which you can tag enemies and blind them at the same time.

- Gunfight mode: 2 vs 2 short matches.

- Standaard 6 vs 6 mode.

- 10 vs 10

- 20 vs 20

- And the game can support up to 100 players apparently. (50 vs 50).

- Gun customization will be a key aspect of the multiplayer. Primary wapens will have a range of 30-60 different pieces to customize. You can have up to 5 different set-ups if i'm correct.

- Perks return. But non will give you super powers. We talk about fast reload, hardline streak...

- Confirmed there will be a nuke in the game.

- Most of the multiplayer maps will have a night version. This means total different matches.

- Cross play with PS4, XBOX and PC players. Now this is something i'm a bit sceptic about. We will have to see how this will play out. I'm hoping that they add an option were you can choose your lobbies. For example: Only PS4 lobbies, or if you want cross play lobbies.

- There will be a beta. I won't sum up all the different dates for that, you can look it up.

- There will be NO zombie mode for this CoD. Which i'm very happy for. Cause those zombies trophies held me back for the platinum in Infinite Warfare and WW2!

- Spec Ops mode i'm really curious for. In general all modes will work together. So the weapons unlocked in Singleplayer will be unlocked in Multiplayer or Spec Ops. They want to create a more unified experience.

I did not preorder the game at this moment. For the moment i don't see a reason why i should preorder the game. Will i buy it? I will be playing the beta and when i formed my opinion on that, i probably will decide if i buy the game or not. Although this game has much improvements, i'm sure there will be negative things also.

I have a feeling ( i hope so) this game will keep my busy as in the time with MW, MW2 and MW3... A year playing the multiplayer until the next CoD..

34 minutes ago, Spaz said:

More of the same shit from the same shitty company. Likely to have overpriced DLC and other micro transactions from Yours Truly (Activision).

How hard is it for them to put the series on hold for one year to make something more original and fresh? Oh wait, they would miss out on an opportunity to make a shit load of money for a company that has sidelined Blizzard and picked up every money making scheme in the book.

That's already not right. There will be no traditional season pass. All DLC will be FREE for all platforms (PS4, XBOX, PC).

As far as microtransactions: not confirmed yet, we will see.

Edited by NTGSruler
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Spaz said:

It is clear that you're just making assumptions based on the Call of Duty name. This is a huge departure from traditional CoD games, certainly not the "same shit from the same shitty company."

The last time Infinity Ward released a game was in 2016, so they've had 3 years to develop this game. Modern Warfare runs on a completely new engine, so again, not the same "shit." The graphics and sounds have had a massive overhaul, some people who went to the reveal/gameplay event have even said the gun sounds are on par or better than Battlefield now. 

As @NTGSruler has posted above, there are a ton of new features being introduced in Modern Warfare. 

If you're not interested, then why post? Now you just look ignorant because your post is completely wrong. 

Parker

22 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I don't usually like the newer cod games but this is looking pretty good, unfortunately has Battle Royale apparently but I'd rather that than the constant push for Zombies..

Might be another pre-order for this year.

No battle royale has been announced. 10v10/20v20 & more announced as gamemodes in the standard Multiplayer tho.

Crossplay between PS4 / XBOX  / PC based on input method confirmed as well !

Good to see the original creators of Call of Duty, the ones who made the best CoDs (COD4/MW2/MW3) come back and fix all of Treyarch's mistakes and shitty "innovations" and doing so many things right :D !!

17 minutes ago, Parker said:

It is clear that you're just making assumptions based on the Call of Duty name. This is a huge departure from traditional CoD games, certainly not the "same shit from the same shitty company."

The last time Infinity Ward released a game was in 2016, so they've had 3 years to develop this game. Modern Warfare runs on a completely new engine, so again, not the same "shit." The graphics and sounds have had a massive overhaul, some people who went to the reveal/gameplay event have even said the gun sounds are on par or better than Battlefield now. 

As @NTGSruler has posted above, there are a ton of new features being introduced in Modern Warfare. 

If you're not interested, then why post? Now you just look ignorant because your post is completely wrong. 

Parker

I think maybe what he is getting at is its basically a rehash of COD 4 with a bit more added realism (battlefield) and then with some medal of honor bits in there too. I get frustrated that yes some CODs were terrible but that they got absolutely railed when they tried to do futuristic, which I commend them for trying something new. It just feels like everyone loses their shit in a good way when they basically just made an improved COD 4. It looks fun though, the MP does look like a mix of medal of honor (which I loved) COD 4 and MW2. I am excited for the single player being real life war situations. Just wish they would make the Battle of Fallujah game (cancelled due to being too real life with war). I think this will be successful and we will probably see newer improved versions of MW2 and MW3 eventually. I am curious how this works with the other MWs. Is this its own story? Prequel to COD 4? Will probably pick this up. Not day 1 though.

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I think maybe what he is getting at is its basically a rehash of COD 4 with a bit more added realism (battlefield) and then with some medal of honor bits in there too. I get frustrated that yes some CODs were terrible but that they got absolutely railed when they tried to do futuristic, which I commend them for trying something new. It just feels like everyone loses their shit in a good way when they basically just made an improved COD 4. It looks fun though, the MP does look like a mix of medal of honor (which I loved) COD 4 and MW2. I am excited for the single player being real life war situations. Just wish they would make the Battle of Fallujah game (cancelled due to being too real life with war). I think this will be successful and we will probably see newer improved versions of MW2 and MW3 eventually. I am curious how this works with the other MWs. Is this its own story? Prequel to COD 4? Will probably pick this up. Not day 1 though.

This is a soft reboot, it's own story.

It is not at all an improved version of COD4 though, not even close. The MP is way different, plays way different, is 1000x times more deep and has very little related to COD4.

It's a mix of MW2 & MW3 content-wise, with a whole new gameplay with Call of Duty.

Just now, Tay said:

This is a soft reboot, it's own story.

It is not at all an improved version of COD4 though, not even close. The MP is way different, plays way different, is 1000x times more deep and has very little related to COD4.

It's a mix of MW2 & MW3 content-wise, with a whole new gameplay with Call of Duty.

Capt. Price is in it thats why i was curious on if it relates to the others. I am sorry but I disagree with you, its a soft reboot which is an improved version. The MP looks similar in ways to COD4. I hope its deeper but we will have to wait to see. Obviously it will play different but thats why it's improved, I am not saying its a copy/paste of COD 4 but it is basically the same formula with added improvements. It just sucks that they don't have original ideas anymore is all I am saying, but thats too be expected when they do something original they get pooped on.

• Like 1

Just now, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Capt. Price is in it thats why i was curious on if it relates to the others. I am sorry but I disagree with you, its a soft reboot which is an improved version. The MP looks similar in ways to COD4. I hope its deeper but we will have to wait to see. Obviously it will play different but thats why it's improved, I am not saying its a copy/paste of COD 4 but it is basically the same formula with added improvements. It just sucks that they don't have original ideas anymore is all I am saying, but thats too be expected when they do something original they get pooped on.

"it sucks they don't have any more original ideas" what ? Go up and read @NTGSruler's reply, they changed literally everything and implemented tons of new ideas.
The only thing I see resembling COD4 is Price and maybe the map aesthetic. But that's it.

Plus, they already have COD4 Remastered that came out in 2016, so there would be no point making an improved COD4 since that's what they already did with the remaster.

But hey, maybe we will see COD4 elements in there. I watched all 4 hours of the entire reveal event that happened yesterday, and I saw literally nothing from COD4.

(and no, I'm not counting the night vision since it was only a useless filter they put in CoD4 for fun whereas here it's got it's own whole new gamemode & actually work like real night vision goggles)

There will always be believers and non-believers. I don't understand when people comment: when will they change things? It's a shooter franchise and it will always be like that ? Always bashing on CoD. But what about FIFA? F1 games? Talk about same shit every year... 

Am i the only one that is excited that the gameplay speed will slow down? The "ADHD" gameplay with futuristic guns and camo's is the reason why i turned away from the series in the first place. 

I would very much like to see some gameplay footage and info about the Spec Ops mode.  This mode could be very strong if they wanted. Working in small teams doing objectives sounds like fun.  

I admit it does look good, but this is Activision were talking about here. They will find some way to monetize this game beyond it's original price...I mean this is the same publisher that added microtransactions to Crash Team Racing after it was released.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a heads up - for those who pre-ordered, the beta starts on September 12-13. The rest of the Beta period, from Saturday, September 14, to the morning of Monday, September 16, is free to all PlayStation 4 owners.

You will be able to preload the Beta prior to Thursday, September 12, (PlayStation 4 only). The current Beta Preload will roll out between 10-11AM PDT on Tuesday, September 10.

*crossplay* The second Beta Test Weekend is for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC owners, starting from Thursday, September 19, and running to the morning of Monday, September 23. On PS4, regardless of whether or not you pre-ordered the game, you can resume and continue to play the Open Beta free for the entire Weekend 2 period (both the Early Access and Open periods).

https://blog.activision.com/call-of-duty/2019-09/Announcement-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Beta-Test-Rolls-Out-This-Week-Heres-What-You-Need-to-Know

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1