Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

Not a progress update but going to switch Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to Tropico 6 (comes out 27th, pre-ordered)

(PS4) Marvel’s Spider-Man - 0%

(PS3) Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 0%  >>  (PS4) Tropico 6 (Pre-ordered) - 0%

(PS4/VR) Astro Bot: Rescue Mission - 0%

(PS4/VR) Red Matter - 0%

(PS4) Bridge Constructor Portal - 0%

(PS4) Uncharted: Lost Legacy - 100% :platinum: (9/5/19)

(PS4) The Sims 4 - 0%

(PS4) Destroy All Humans - 0%

(PS4) Destroy All Humans 2 - 0%

(PS4) Oxenfree - 0%

(PS4) The First Tree - 28%  >>  100% (9/16/19)

• Like 3

@Fnee2000 already updated y'all that we're done with BL3, my only plat since my last update 2 weeks ago.

Like he said, we did nearly all things together, exept clean up stuff. (all locations, stupid Waterfall on Eden-6)

I'd love to do the DLCs with you @Fnee2000 if you want :D

The trophy list isn't hard, and the missing character trophies are a nice touch.

I'd say one of the harder trophies in the game is the shooting range :D

No need to start up 3 extra playtroughs just to stop them somewhere in between.

Story spoilers ahead, if you haven't finished the game skip it please :)

Spoiler

Borderlands 3 is a great game, and a nearly perfect comeback for the series.

For a main Siren player the story was a rough ride though.

Losing Maya and Lil was heartbreaking.

There's one plot hole in the first vault I think is kind of funny - Tyreen can leech the power of every living being they said, and then she gets powers from a vault guardian we killed.

I played a bit of Ghost Recon Wildlands before the release of BL3, I finished the first ending and did some minor clean up, but tbh the only thing I really enjoyed while playing during the last two weeks was Borderlands.

Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 4

Weekend Update

1.  Final Fantasy VIII - 34%

2.  Graveyard Keeper - 0%

3.  Yomawari: Midnight Shadows - 0%

4.  The Sims 4 - 5%

5.  Revenant Saga - 5%

6.  Final Fantasy X - 13%

7.  Final Fantasy VII - 0%

8.  Detroit: Become Human - 0%

9.  Trine: Enchanted Edition - 8%

10.  Dungeon Travelers 2 - 0%

11.  What Remains of Edith Finch - 0%

12.  Grand Kingdom - 60% >> 81%

Grand Kingdom - I'd like to say I'm close to being done but I still have a lot of Policy Points to get, that will probably be the longest grind I have left.  I've been enjoying my time with this game though, had pretty decent luck with RNG so it meant not too much of a grind.  Currently around half way through the bounties and hope to finish the rest off tomorrow.  This has given me a good boost for getting back into trophy hunting if I'm honest, and I'm now wishing there were a couple of different games I added to my list here - I know I can still add them but would like to at least finish some of my list first

• Like 3

Quick update for me. Made some good progress on Watch Dogs over the weekend, now 87% on the base game. Just got to finish up the drinking games and the songs along with a couple of miscellaneous bits and I am done. Crack on with the DLC next and leave the plat as the last trophy to pop. Oh so close to the end of a game and then actually get on with Far Cry 5.

The Surge 0%

Watch Dogs 44% - 75%

Far Cry 5 1% - 3%

Metro 2033 Redux 0%

Dying Light 0%

Modern Warfare Remastered 25%

Walking Dead Final Season 0%

Zombi 0%

Detroit: Become Human 0%

Overcooked 21%

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JayDeLosDioses said:

I'd love to do the DLCs with you @Fnee2000 if you want :D

Of course, any DLC or event I will be there. There is a new build I want to try but I need to find a fast firing elemental (incendiary preferably) first.

You are 100% right about that stupid waterfall. Also there was a stupid random nook on Promethea that I missed. It didn’t even have anything worth note in there (it was empty), just a random rock nook off a main hallway. 

Graveyard Keeper 31% -> 54%

My Time at Portia 18%

Darkest Dungeon 13%

No Man's Sky 11%

Borderlands 3 0% -> 7%

Still not able to get the game time I wish I could have, but I managed to get a bit further in Graveyard Keeper, I'm actually really enjoying it and I am getting closer to the end of the game (I think)... I still have some parts to do that I am not super hyped about, but I think it will be fine :D It's nice to have a game that I'm able to paus and do some other things for a few minutes. (My kid just started to walk so I'm chasing him quite a bit, haha)

I started on Borderlands 3 playing co-op, but it's lagging quite a bit so I'm chilling a bit and hoping for a patch to come out and fix it. Might still play a quest here and there because I do enjoy it. 

• Like 3

Tuesday Update :

1. Devil May Cry (PS3) - 14% -> 54%

2. Devil May Cry 3 (PS3) - 1%

3. One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3) - 11%

4. Brutal Legend (PS3) - 18%

5. Bayonetta (PS3) - 2%

6. Alice : Madness Returns (PS3) - 0% -> 3%

7. L.A. Noire (PS3) - 5%

8. Deadpool (PS3) - 11% -> 30%  -> 34% -> 90%

9. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3) - :platinum: 100%

10. J-Stars Victory VS+ ( PS3) - 22%

11. Demon's Souls (NA version PS3 ) - :platinum: 100%

12. Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast (PS4) - 0%  <3 

Really,REALLY close to finishing Deadpool. After completing all the dumb misc trophies(really ,there are a LOT of dumb misc trophies) , all that's left is finishing the game on Ultra Hard difficulty. However I will take a break from that to focus more on Guilty Gear series. Mr 'pool can wait a while since his antics started to bore me at the second playthrough. Until next time!

MEGA HYPER LAST MOMENT EDIT! Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast (Yeah you are getting the full name) has been released !! BOY OH BOY IS THIS GETTING ON MY LOG!

Edited by Copanele
Jedi Outcast is out. Totally getting a free day off work!
  • Like 4

On 9/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (2%)
  • Kingdom Hearts III (28%)
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4) (1%)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (22%)
  • Secret of Mana (2%)
  • Ratchet and Clank (0%)
  • Castlevania Requiem (0%)
  • LEGO Jurassic World (PS4) (0%)
  • Dark Cloud (0%)
  • Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita) (71% => 82%)
  • Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek (\100% :platinum:) [9/7]
  • Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (100% :platinum:) [9/17]
  • Enigmatis 3: Shadows of Karkhala (0%)
  • Dark Arcana: The Carnival (0% => 3%)
  • Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (100% :platinum:) [9/8]
  • Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery (100% :platinum:) [9/15]
  • Buff Knight Advanced (100% :platinum:) [9/13]
  • LEGO Batman 3 (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/17]
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/13]
  • LEGO Jurassic World (Vita) (100%) [9/9]
  • Daggerhood (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/1]
  • Legend of the Skyfish (PS4) (100% :platinum:) [9/2]
  • Pic-a-Pix Classic (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/4]
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0%)
  • Lara Croft GO (100% :platinum:) [9/2]

So I have been playing the Sims 4 a lot on my PC and forgot I had a trophy profile. xD

Luckily, I had to go to the dentist to get a full-head X-ray so while I waited for them to process the papers and on the way there and back, I put my Switch down(and Link's Awakening, which is a really good remake of the old Gameboy Zelda) and booted up Devious Dungeon 2 on my Vita and powered through it until I killed the fourth boss. The enemies get really hard and I died several times on Floor 19 due to spikes. I also got the Locksmith trophy for getting 60 keys, and that was the final miscellaneous trophy, so the only trophies left are the final two boss trophies. I'll probably be doing that on Wednesday while recovering from my dental surgery. :P

Also started up Dark Arcana and got the first two trophies but I am saving it for later because Sims 4 is calling me again. I have two more Artifex Mundi games to finish and I'll finish this before October, dammit! ? I'm going to be stuck in my folkshome while my parents and little sister and baby niece are traveling Germany(I hope Olivia gets exposed to some culture there) and have to house sit for over a week, so I will definitely take my PS4 back there and probably go full on marathon mode and 0-100% plat one of the grindier games, probably either Ratchet and Clank or LEGO Jurassic World for the PS4 or finally get back to work on healing my completion with Secret of Mana - I need to platinum that game before Trials of Mana comes out in March.

• Like 1

As I stated before, I had an exam to prepare for, which considerably cut down the time I had to play video games. But now that that's behind me I'm back on schedule. After my last post I managed to finish Heavy Rain fairly quickly. I'm probably going to leave the PS4 version for the next year, so that I can use it in another event. Right now I'm playing FF Type-0, but I'm thinking of maybe squeezing Tomb Raider in before the end of the month. 

• Final Fantasy X - 0%
  • Final Fantasy XV - 2%
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - 4% → 48%
  • God of War 3 [PS3] - 0%
  • Heavy Rain [PS3] - 61% → 100% :platinum: 
  • Heavy Rain [PS4] - 0%
  • Jurassic World Evolution - 28%
  • Skyrim [PS3] - 11%
  • Tomb Raider: Underworld - 2%
  • Watch Dogs [PS3] - 6%
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Copanele said:

Tuesday Update :

1. Devil May Cry (PS3) - 14% -> 54%

2. Devil May Cry 3 (PS3) - 1%

3. One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2 (PS3) - 11%

4. Brutal Legend (PS3) - 18%

5. Bayonetta (PS3) - 2%

6. Alice : Madness Returns (PS3) - 0% -> 3%

7. L.A. Noire (PS3) - 5%

8. Deadpool (PS3) - 11% -> 30%  -> 34% -> 90%

9. Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3) - :platinum: 100%

10. J-Stars Victory VS+ ( PS3) - 22%

11. Demon's Souls (NA version PS3 ) - :platinum: 100%

12. Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast (PS4) - 0%  <3 

Really,REALLY close to finishing Deadpool. After completing all the dumb misc trophies(really ,there are a LOT of dumb misc trophies) , all that's left is finishing the game on Ultra Hard difficulty. However I will take a break from that to focus more on Guilty Gear series. Mr 'pool can wait a while since his antics started to bore me at the second playthrough. Until next time!

MEGA HYPER LAST MOMENT EDIT! Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast (Yeah you are getting the full name) has been released !! BOY OH BOY IS THIS GETTING ON MY LOG!

I was checking out your profile.. How on earth did you plat demon souls in 3 days! That's insane

1 minute ago, MyNameIs_Rainman said:

I was checking out your profile.. How on earth did you plat demon souls in 3 days! That's insane

Finished the game over 20 times , reached NG +7, did a SL1 run, also duped the materials so I won't farm like a madman again...I kinda know the game like the back of my hand now xD (but no really, duping the materials really helped, those pesky things are horrible to farm the legit way, did it on my EU platinum , never again)

Would have gotten a better time but you know... real life priorities.

• Like 3

Going to join in on this as my backlog really needs to be trimmed down. Might as well call this list the (mostly) Third Person Shooter round up since 4 out of 5 of them fall into the genre ?. Control might be switched out because I am waiting for the Photo Mode update before I start it back up again. Depending on when that drops this Fall, I might need to adjust my plans. This is a new profile so some of my picks are continuations from my old one as well.

My Picks

Wargroove (previous profile: 3%)

The Last of Us Remastered (previous profile: 10%)

Remnant: From the Ashes 10%

Control 10%

The Evil Within 2 0%

Edited by GameMatter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Copanele said:

Finished the game over 20 times , reached NG +7, did a SL1 run, also duped the materials so I won't farm like a madman again...I kinda know the game like the back of my hand now xD (but no really, duping the materials really helped, those pesky things are horrible to farm the legit way, did it on my EU platinum , never again)

Would have gotten a better time but you know... real life priorities.

Damn, that's crazy! And yeah that's how I am with some Final Fantasy titles, it's like second nature at this point. I was scarred the first time i played Demon Soul's but I was younger had way less patience for learning the mechanics and intricacies lol. I picked it up again and may give it a go one of these days, either way that's pretty amazing, and somewhat inspiring for me to get my shit together and just try to knock it out.

• Like 1

I have a huge backlog. Worst part about it is that it includes mostly games from the 80-100% area. However, I think that rising my average will come from lower games (and the new ones coming out). I'd love to participate in this so to keep myself motivated! Some of these are reaaally hard and require hundreds of hours, but yeah, I don't mind playing for hundreds of hours ? Pretty, please, I'd like to join! 

00% -> 00% - Journey

00% -> 00% - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

00% -> 00% - Beyond: Two Souls

00% -> 00% - Knack!

00% -> 00% - Fifa 20

00% -> 00% - Medievil

00% -> 00% - Death Stranding

00% -> 00% - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

00% -> 00% - The Last of Us Remastered

00% -> 00% - The Witcher III Wild Hunt

02% -> 02% - Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered

02% -> 02% - Resident Evil 6

03% -> 03% - Far Cry 5

04% -> 04% - Bayonetta

04% -> 04% - Kingdom Hearts II

08% -> 08% - Fallout 4

13% -> 13% - Uncharted

15% -> 15% - Final Fantasy VIII Remastered

20% -> 20% - Prince of Persia

25% -> 25% - Tomb Raider Definitive Edition

25% -> 25% - Final Fantasy XIII-2

25% -> 25% - Final Fantasy X-2

28% -> 28% - Mass Effect Andromeda

34% -> 34% - Final Fantasy XII

34% -> 34% - FIFA 19

• Like 4

Weekly Update #3

• Bridge Constructor (0%)
  • Cast of the Seven Godsends: Redux (0%) => 28%
  • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3) (1%)
  • Metro: Last Light Redux (50%)
  • Shadow of the Colossus (5%)
  • Steins;Gate (PS3) (0%)
  • The Escapists: The Walking Dead (0%) => 1%
  • Transistor (0%)
  • Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space (0%) => 100% - 01/09/19
  • inFamous First Light (0%) => 100% - 02/09/19
  • Life is Strange (0%) => 100% - 05/09/19
  • The Mark of Kri (70%) => 100% - 17/09/19
  • Alone With You (VITA) (57%) => 100% - 19/09/19
  • Teslagrad (40%) => 100% - 22/09/19
  • 101 Ways to Die (0%) => 100% - 24/09/19

Delighted to hear that The Last Of Us Remastered is being included in next month's PS Plus offerings, been meaning to play it with a long time. Made a huge amount of progress this past week, knocking 4 games out of my backlog.

:platinum: The Mark of Kri - It took me around an hour to clean up the remaining trophies after my last update. The final time attack provided to only bit of challenge in the entire game. It was mainly due to me not having the timing of the axe combo's down, but after a bit of practice it was very doable. Solid PS2 title which I'm happy to have experienced.

:platinum: Alone With You - The additional three playthroughs were indeed boring, but they went by pretty quickly as I had grown accustomed to the game at that point. The difference between each of the five character runs were minimal at best, and felt quite pointless when all was said and done. Makes it difficult to recommend this as you'll be in for an incredibly repetitive journey, with or without the help of a text guide.

The Escapists: The Walking Dead - Played the introductory level, not entirely sure what to make of the game yet. I did enjoy the music, and the crafting system seems pretty cool. Will return to it after I'm done with CotSG:R.

:platinum: Teslagrad - An enjoyable 2D side-scrolling puzzle-platformer that provides little challenge, especially when following a video guide. The trophy list tasks you with finding all 36 of the scrolls hidden throughout the game. Some are easy to get to, others can prove to be annoying to obtain. It took me around 20-30 minutes to grab 'Protective Father', which is considered to be the most difficult of the bunch. It isn't too bad once you learn the route and use the directional buttons instead of the analogue stick for movement (as moving side to side can feel quite sensitive). The story was okay, with the ending being average at best. The final boss proved to be quite the adversary, and it took me a while to finally beat him. Another PS Now game done and dusted.

Cast of the Seven Godsends: Redux - Started this one last night and played the first two levels. The game is certainly challenging, even on easy difficulty. It's also notorious for trophies not unlocking when they are supposed to, but everything has unlocked as normal for me so far. I predict beating the final level on 'Retrogamer' to be very challenging, but that all remains to be seen. Will continue with my run after this post.

:platinum: 101 Ways to Die - Followed a video guide for almost the entirety of this one, almost defeating the purpose of playing it. This game is all about being creative and finding new and exciting ways to defeat the splatts - the test subjects of this game. Only a few of the WTD's required near pinpoint precision, which led to them being the most time consuming to set up. If you are a creative person then I'd definitely recommend this game, I imagine it would be pretty satisfying to achieve three stars in each of the levels as well as attempting to pull off every WTD. If not then I wouldn't bother, you'll just end up following a video guide like me. A cool concept nonetheless.

• Like 3

1. Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Releases 10/22/19) (0 out of probably 53 trophies)

2. 英雄伝説 碧の軌跡 Evolution (Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki Evolution) (0 out of 57 trophies)

3. Omega Quintet (11%) (8 out of 55 trophies)

4. Asdivine Menace :platinum:

5. Bonds of the Skies :platinum:

6. Sephirothic Stories :platinum:

7. Marenian Tavern Story: Patty and the Hungry God (0 out of 50 trophies)

8. 英雄伝説 零の軌跡 Evolution (Legend of Heroes: Zero no Kiseki Evolution) (65%) (35 out of 49 trophies)

9. Murdered: Soul Suspect (0 out of 49 trophies)

10. Monochrome Order (Release TBA) (0 out of 36 trophies)

90 out of 396 trophies earned so far, 3 out of 10 games completed.

Not much trophy progress, but I've been mostly hunting rare monsters and missables in Zero no Kiseki.  To get all the battle notes one has to scan every monster which requires actually encountering some very rare enemies.  One of which is called a Shining Pom.  The Shining Pom is a very cute version of a metal slime and has attacks like shining very brightly.  It's rare, hard to kill, and worth a lot of experience and gives some nice rare drops if you can kill one before they run away.  To get the notes, you have to go track down four of them, one on each of the major highways and hope that they don't decide to run away before you even get a turn.  Well, one of those little buggers decided to be incredibly elusive and it took probably 50+ tries to get it to show up when the others showed within maybe 5.  At least eventually one showed up and I kicked its shiny little butt.

Spoiler

gRdP8LT.jpg

Definitely was way too satisfied with killing the elusive little bugger.  Good thing I only needed to encounter one there, because no more have shown up yet.  Anyway, have all the rare monsters and high level monster chests wiped out.  Just have two recipes to obtain, a lot of fishing to do and otherwise completing the story yet again.  Also am having to have the game idle to rack up more playtime because I'm not going to hit 100 hours just by finishing up the game naturally and there's a trophy for 100 hours of playtime.  Hoping to have this plat wrapped up by the end of the month.

Also working on slowly chipping away at Omega Quintet while I have Zero no Kiseki idle and got another trophy in that game.  It's honestly not that great so it's one to play in small doses.

Edited by ladynadiad
  • Like 3

On 9/23/2019 at 5:05 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:
  • Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (2%)
  • Kingdom Hearts III (28%)
  • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Remastered (PS4) (1%)
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered (22%)
  • Secret of Mana (2%)
  • Ratchet and Clank (0%)
  • Castlevania Requiem (0%)
  • LEGO Jurassic World (PS4) (0%)
  • Dark Cloud (0%)
  • Devious Dungeon 2 (Vita) (82% => 100% :platinum:) [9/24]
  • Enigmatis: Ghosts of Maple Creek (\100% :platinum:) [9/7]
  • Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood (100% :platinum:) [9/17]
  • Enigmatis 3: Shadows of Karkhala (0%)
  • Dark Arcana: The Carnival (3% => 20%)
  • Abyss: The Wraiths of Eden (100% :platinum:) [9/8]
  • Lost Grimoires 2: Shard of Mystery (100% :platinum:) [9/15]
  • Buff Knight Advanced (100% :platinum:) [9/13]
  • LEGO Batman 3 (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/17]
  • LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/13]
  • LEGO Jurassic World (Vita) (100%) [9/9]
  • Daggerhood (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/1]
  • Legend of the Skyfish (PS4) (100% :platinum:) [9/2]
  • Pic-a-Pix Classic (Vita) (100% :platinum:) [9/4]
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters (0%)
  • Lara Croft GO (100% :platinum:) [9/2]

Since I installed The Sims 3 on my old computer, I might as well update now and close my web browser since I don't know how long I can wait for load times with that archaic game. xD Anyways, while I was cooking pizza I finally completed Devious Dungeon 2 and got the last two trophies. Those final levels are very brutal and you'll die a lot if you aren't careful. The final boss was pretty easy if you know how to dodge his attacks - he never moves unlike the other bosses. I also got a few more trophies in Dark Arcana. I am going slow with this game because after that game, Engimatis 3 and The Deadly Tower of Monsters, I'm pretty much done on games I can platinum in 24 hours. Of course, we have five more months so I shouldn't be rushing. ;)

Edited by RuneEyesDragon

6 hours ago, HummelsSmythe said:

I have a huge backlog. Worst part about it is that it includes mostly games from the 80-100% area. However, I think that rising my average will come from lower games (and the new ones coming out). I'd love to participate in this so to keep myself motivated! Some of these are reaaally hard and require hundreds of hours, but yeah, I don't mind playing for hundreds of hours 1f601.png Pretty, please, I'd like to join! 

00% -> 00% - Journey

00% -> 00% - Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

00% -> 00% - Beyond: Two Souls

00% -> 00% - Knack!

00% -> 00% - Fifa 20

00% -> 00% - Medievil

00% -> 00% - Death Stranding

00% -> 00% - Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

00% -> 00% - The Last of Us Remastered

00% -> 00% - The Witcher III Wild Hunt

02% -> 02% - Ni no Kuni Wrath of the White Witch Remastered

02% -> 02% - Resident Evil 6