MidnightDragon

Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

897 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

From my very vague recollection I remember this as being the easiest of the trilogy. Agree on it not aging well though and I played a few years back.

 

Well difficulty itself is okay, as long as you don't have to struggle against the very fundamental mechanics such as a camera or health regeneration. That's my biggest problem with Sands of Time right now. You have long and tedious fights and you have to jump like a monkey around the area in between the enemies to drink from the fountain, otherwise you have to repeat the entire fight + without being to able to rewind time (and I wasted 5/6 rewinds because I pressed L1 accidentally) it's gonna be a chore for sure. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Well difficulty itself is okay, as long as you don't have to struggle against the very fundamental mechanics such as a camera or health regeneration. That's my biggest problem with Sands of Time right now. You have long and tedious fights and you have to jump like a monkey around the area in between the enemies to drink from the fountain, otherwise you have to repeat the entire fight + without being to able to rewind time (and I wasted 5/6 rewinds because I pressed L1 accidentally) it's gonna be a chore for sure. 

 

It has been a long time for me in fairness. I do remember hitting L1 a few times by accident but for a split second so if he was falling he would just go back 6 inches then fall and die anyway LOL.

 

I think I had a glitch or a big issue with Warrior Within so that one bugged me the most.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Playing Tropico 6, which isn’t on my list, for the event @voodoo_eyes hosts. Will be getting back to my list Thursday or Friday. I’ll probably play some Kingdoms of Amalur as well. 

Edited by MidnightDragon
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Playing Tropico 6, which isn’t on my list, for the event @voodoo_eyes hosts. Will be getting back to my list Thursday. I’ll probably play some Kingdoms of Amalur as well. 

 

Enjoy Amalur, I absolutely loved that game. It is the only RPG I have really got stuck into in a long time.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 6:59 PM, neospoon said:

There's more than enough good games on Vita, but to be honest, I've only played mostly what PlayStation Plus had to offer. Since that has been stopped, I also kind of stopped playing the Vita for quite some time. Games that come to mind are mostly multiplatform (Guacamelee, Oddworld New N Tasty, Need for Speed), but like @ladynadiad mentioned it's awesome for people that don't have a whole lot of free time or travel a lot. I just recently picked it back up to work on Killzone: Mercenary, which on it's own is a pretty good game, little easy but trophy wise a pain because of the huge grind you need to do.

A good portion of games on Vita don't really appeal to me and if the ones that do are multiplatform then that rather negates my need for a Vita altogether. I'll still give it some thought though, of course.

On 11/4/2019 at 8:37 PM, freddie1989 said:

Enjoy Mordor, it is an absolute belter of a game!!

Oh absolutely! Definitely one of my favourite games.

Edited by SpaghettiGrabsy7
Fixed a rather embarrasing spelling error.
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still alive, everyone! Sorry, Pokemon has my soul, but I am going to try to multi-task a grind and put Disgaea 5 on this list as another from my Kill Your Completion X list(it was 24% when I quit). Since I forgot how to play the game, I will start over from a fresh file and update when I get a trophy(since I got a lot of trophies on my last file).

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/11/2019 at 4:56 PM, SpaghettiGrabsy7 said:

I know. It was more of a jab at my own lack of time management skills. On the subject of the Vita; I was thinking about getting one, but apart from Uncharted: Golden Abyss I can't really find enough games to justify the purchase.

Don't forget - the vita also has remote play with the PS4. Just need wifi. I use it all the time. You can pretty much play anything that doesn't need L2/R2 buttons, and even then sometimes you can use the rear touch screen for them or map them to something else.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Don't forget - the vita also has remote play with the PS4. Just need wifi. I use it all the time. You can pretty much play anything that doesn't need L2/R2 buttons, and even then sometimes you can use the rear touch screen for them or map them to something else.

Fair. But then again that would be me forking out cash for something I can already do without the Vita. If I do wind up getting a Vita it'll be because of exclusive games, otherwise I just couldn't justify the expense.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

#147

1Lefe39c.png

Romero Would Be Proud
Collect All Trophies

 

A very fun game to play with a friend, solo, on the other hand, is repetitive and boring. Many thanks to @Johnytomm for helping me out with Morbid difficulty and coop trophies!

 

Congrats pal!! Another one off the list!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using 3 of my 5 swaps at once,

 

Both Minecraft Versions (PS3 and PS4) and GTA San Andreas.

Reason: No motivation at all. Tried to get something done in all of them, but don't enjoy playing them at all currently, or anytime soon for that matter.

 

So my swaps are:

Minecraft PS3 -> Assassins Creed 3 Remastered (PS4)

Minecraft PS4 -> Lego Marvel Super Heroes

GTA San Andreas -> Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy7 said:

Fair. But then again that would be me forking out cash for something I can already do without the Vita. If I do wind up getting a Vita it'll be because of exclusive games, otherwise I just couldn't justify the expense.

Persona 4 Golden. That's the only game you need. I could not put it down until I got the platinum. I was very skeptical at first, but if you like a good story I totally recommend (like everyone else would lol) 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Upendo_Vitani said:

Persona 4 Golden. That's the only game you need. I could not put it down until I got the platinum. I was very skeptical at first, but if you like a good story I totally recommend (like everyone else would lol) 

I've never been terribly fond of anime, but I've heard a lot of positive talk about the Persona series. I might look into it. Cheers.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, freddie1989 said:

Just thought I would do a quick update as I now have the plat on Far Cry 5 which is my #150!! Love the series and can't wait to pick up New Dawn. The hunting elements in the game were a pain in the arse as I spent about 3 hours looking for about 6 animals! Beyond that all straightforward.

 

Also unwrapped Mortal Kombat X last night as well. Me and my mate had messed about on his copy a while back so I got the XL version myself to crack on with. Just spent 30 minutes trying to work out how the hell I unlock the options to actually play the game (bloody tutorials).

 

Hopefully finish up Detroit over the weekend and make some more MK progress. May also start something new as well but I do have like 4 on the go right now so might think twice.

 

The Surge 0%

Watch Dogs 100%

Far Cry 5 51% - 63%

Metro 2033 Redux 0%

Dying Light 3%

Modern Warfare Remastered 100%

Walking Dead Final Season 0%

Zombi 0%

Detroit: Become Human 60%

Overcooked 100%

Watch Dogs 2 0%

Mortal Kombat X 6% - 13%

 

@Copanele on MK X for Invasion do the 2 options on the menu change from red to white when they are available? I ask because there might be some tutorial or something required to get them working. (Sorry for all the questions LOL)

Yep.  Basically when you get that huge ass  INVASION message (trust me it is impossible to miss, it will rock your TV out ) and you can access the invasion tower in Factions menu...then you can play invasion xD . No tutorial required,just be sure you are part of a faction (kinda impossible to miss also, I doubt you can play without it)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.