MidnightDragon

Fall/Winter 2019-2020 Backlog Challenge

1,216 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SpaghettiGrabsy7 said:

I've heard mixed things about David Cage's games. Some I've heard praise his work, others say he has the writing ability of a half-eaten chocolate bunny rabbit. Still, with two of his games being free on PS Plus I imagine I'll be able to set aside some time one day and see what I think.

And yeah, I understand what it's like to suck at MKX. I just sunk some time into Jason and the Xenomorph as they had simple combos and never touched anyone else. "Skilled Gamer" over here.

Well worth playing pal, really good stories.

I tried using Raiden at first but online I am just getting juggled across the screen! How the heck I get 10 wins in a row I have no idea! My guy just seems real slow, I don't know if it is the way I am putting the combos together. Once I have the 10 wins out the way I don't really care if I lose the other 190 LOL!

45 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I tried using Raiden at first but online I am just getting juggled across the screen! How the heck I get 10 wins in a row I have no idea! My guy just seems real slow, I don't know if it is the way I am putting the combos together. Once I have the 10 wins out the way I don't really care if I lose the other 190 LOL!

The problem with MKX is that it has been out for a long time, 10 in a row is gonna be a pain and I'm not sure if you can use the quit to XMB method to keep your streak going. Not an ideal way of playing but if it works, it works. I also still need the 10 wins in a row, but was also a little late to the party. My best bet is to wait a little until the servers are less occupied and login at the same time with a boosting partner at a ridiculous late time like 4AM. I know that works cause I did it that way on MK9. We met 20 times in a row on ranked matches and both got the trophy on that game :P  If you can't wait, I believe Lui Kang is always overpowered (cant remember if he was in MKX) or Raiden/Scorpion

If you wanna knock out some online matches every now and then, feel free to add me. We can have a chat while you keep mashing the down + triangle for uppercuts lol

13 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I remember watching people on YouTube kicking arse at the game and thought "That'll never be me". Though that was before I got into trophy hunting and before I even had internet on the house, so it hardly mattered anyway.

I bought the game just to try it out, and I learned that fighting games aren't my cup of tea (too many combos to learn across too many characters) so I moved on. All the best though!

9 hours ago, SpaghettiGrabsy7 said:

I remember watching people on YouTube kicking arse at the game and thought "That'll never be me". Though that was before I got into trophy hunting and before I even had internet on the house, so it hardly mattered anyway.

I bought the game just to try it out, and I learned that fighting games aren't my cup of tea (too many combos to learn across too many characters) so I moved on. All the best though!

Well I managed the 10 wins last night and the secret fight tower so I just need to see if the Invasions are still happening. I will ask around today if anyone has seen them lately. Beyond that I think it will just be the 10 hit combos that give me grief but I can do those with practice.

Had a quick go on Watch Dogs 2 last night, has anyone else played it? Just on first glance it strangely seems to look and feel less polished than the original. Is that just me?

Edited by freddie1989

2 hours ago, freddie1989 said:

I think it will just be the 10 hit combos that give me grief but I can do those with practice.

Don't worry about the 10 hit combo's you have the L2+R2 X-ray thing right? Most of those are 10-hit combos and count for the trophy. 

So if it's less, let's say a 7 hit, just perform a 3-hit combo and follow it up with the L2+R2 X-Ray when you time it right the 10x combo should be no problem. Good luck, it's not a hard trophy, especially while using this method.

5 minutes ago, neospoon said:

Don't worry about the 10 hit combo's you have the L2+R2 X-ray thing right? Most of those are 10-hit combos and count for the trophy. 

So if it's less, let's say a 7 hit, just perform a 3-hit combo and follow it up with the L2+R2 X-Ray when you time it right the 10x combo should be no problem. Good luck, it's not a hard trophy, especially while using this method.

I am just hoping and praying for the Invasions to still be there or I will be selling it on LOL. I am trying to find out if anyone has seen it lately.

38 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

I am just hoping and praying for the Invasions to still be there or I will be selling it on LOL. I am trying to find out if anyone has seen it lately.

From what I can see is that people have earned the INVASION trophy november 9th, so I think you're still safe, and they should still happen. 

How much trouble did the 10 in a row give you? I'm tempted to boot it back up and see if I can get the platinum.

20 minutes ago, neospoon said:

From what I can see is that people have earned the INVASION trophy november 9th, so I think you're still safe, and they should still happen. 

How much trouble did the 10 in a row give you? I'm tempted to boot it back up and see if I can get the platinum.

That is the one place I didn't think to look at the latest earners. I will just check each night while I am working on other games.

The 10 wins was actually easy if you use the backup exploit. Just save to cloud/USB each win and download it when you lose. Ignore the stats though as they are all over the shop!! I was 6-16 at one point, I won 2 more and became 8-12 😂😂 how much have you got left to do on it?

@iXanon just keep plugging away pal. I have added games to a list I don't think I would have finished in the first place but its great motivation. Reminds me I need to update my ABC list sometime.

Edited by freddie1989

Just 2 trophies, find a hidden fighter in the living towers and the win 10 ranked matches in a row. I'm actually thinking about getting the DLC to get the 100% Not sure yet. I should probably focus on games that are actually on my list, which I haven't been doing at all xD 

1 minute ago, neospoon said:

Just 2 trophies, find a hidden fighter in the living towers and the win 10 ranked matches in a row. I'm actually thinking about getting the DLC to get the 100% Not sure yet. I should probably focus on games that are actually on my list, which I haven't been doing at all xD 

Get back on it quickly if you can. I did the living towers last night because the MK1 tower is up at the minute and its pretty easy. Not sure how long for and not sure when the next one will be.

I bought the XL version so DLC built in. I gather that is easy enough though. It is hard sometimes to focus on the right ones. I have other challenges going on and I am trying to progress on several.

From what I remember the living towers are available for 6 or 7 days but I'll install it tonight and see if I can get that trophy done.

Also if you want an easy Mortal Kombat Platinum, MK11 is probably the easiest I've ever played. Didn't take me too long to get it finished. 

Now this kind of gets me into that Fighting Game vibe again. I should probably go back to Injustice 1 and 2 and also MK9. 

Too many games too little time...

18 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

@Mesopithecus If I asked you before, sorry. How was Cat Quest II? 

It was really good, just as enjoyable as the first one :D

4 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

It was really good, just as enjoyable as the first one :D

Does it have any missable trophies?

1. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands (:platinum: + 100%) 04/10/19
  2. Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 - 0% The Walking Dead: The Final Season - 0%
  3. Life is Strange: Before the Storm (:platinum:) 08/10/19
  4. Danganronpa Ultra Despair Girls - 0%
  5. Chaos on Deponia (:platinum:) 29/10/19
  6. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 0%
  7. Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (:platinum:) 25/10/19
  8. Detroit Became Human - 0%
  9. Heavy Rain (:platinum:) 31/10/19
  10. Metro Last Light Redux - 0%
  11. Tales of Hearts R - 0% Child of Light - 0%
  12. Nightmares from the Deep 3: Davy Jones (:platinum:) 06/10/19
  13. Eventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror (:platinum:) 26/10/19
  14. Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends (:platinum:) 27/10/19
  15. Grim Legends 2: Song of the Dark Swan (:platinum:) 11/10/19
  16. Grim Legends 3: The Dark City (:platinum:) 12/10/19
  17. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (:platinum:) 23/10/19 - 92% - Survival DLC left
  18. Odin Sphere Leifthrasir - 0%
  19. Ratchet & Clank 2 - 0%
  20. Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal - 0%
  21. WRC 6 - 88%
  22. Crysis HD - 0%

Swaps used: 2/5

Not really an update, just wanted to swap some games. If by any chance i finish with the games from the list before the event ends i will add some new ones, but i'm good for now.

Edited by Whyfire

@MidnightDragon I'm not 100% sure If I have to notify you when I want to use one of the swaps, but just to be sure, I'm changing Assassin's Creed 3 for Lollipop Chainsaw. If the time allows I will re-add AC3 to the list because I wanna play it, just not sure if I will make it until the end of the event. Cheers!

Advanced issues found

On 27.08.2019 at 2:00 PM, HaserPL said:
  • Assassin's Creed 3 16%      --> Lollipop Chainsaw 0%; 1st swap used.

13 hours ago, viech54 said:

Does it have any missable trophies?

Nope, nothing is missable :)  You can return to the game to before the final boss and it will allow you to clear out some of the caves you've not done yet.  Everything is pretty easy to get without a guide too

2 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Nope, nothing is missable :)  You can return to the game to before the final boss and it will allow you to clear out some of the caves you've not done yet.  Everything is pretty easy to get without a guide too

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear. Bought the game today, might use it for this challenge.

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

@MidnightDragon I'm not 100% sure If I have to notify you when I want to use one of the swaps, but just to be sure, I'm changing Assassin's Creed 3 for Lollipop Chainsaw. If the time allows I will re-add AC3 to the list because I wanna play it, just not sure if I will make it until the end of the event. Cheers!

You don’t have to. 

3 minutes ago, freddie1989 said:

Finally managed to get all the Invasion trophies done on MKX which means all the risky ones that might vanish are now done so just on to the grind now. Huge shout out to @Copanele and @neospoon for their help and advice getting it done, appreciate it guys.

Well done friend! The annoying part is done ;) now comes the grindy part.